shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness I love this! I love the white metal with the MOP. It looks so ethereal!

I have settled on getting the vintage earrings in this combo. I am confident I can find them, in the short time I have been watching the website I have seen other desirable pieces (like vintage malachite pieces, carnelian, yellow gold and MOP, etc, come and go).

I don’t want a three piece matching set but would like two pieces to wear for special occasions. Would y’all recommend the vintage bracelet or a pendant to complement the earrings? I would prefer the long magic pendant because of the length and options for wear but it doesn’t come in white gold. I hesitate on the bracelet because I never wear any, only my Apple watch on non dominant hand.

What combos do people normally get in the same material? Earrings plus which item?

I hope that makes sense.

Earrings and bracelet. But I’m biased. I don’t do matchy matchy necklace and earrings while most VCA lovers do.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Earrings and bracelet. But I’m biased. I don’t do matchy matchy necklace and earrings while most VCA lovers do.

Thank you! I’ve decided against the ten motif necklace because I do feel like it’s a lot of motif for me. I love an elegant bracelet. Given that it’s for special occasion I guess it would get the same wear as a pendant. None of it will be daily wear like my little pave sparklers!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recent visit to my boutique, 52ctw of unheated untreated perfectly-matched perfectly-clean vivid blue sapphires… Too many zeroes to recall :twisted2:

And my beloved carnelian rose de noel earrings. I’ll be coming for you soon, my little darlings…

65D66B9C-F93C-418C-A781-2844DB1EAD9D.jpeg

A7D7F9C5-7212-4AB1-93A6-51008C44699C.jpeg

I tried this necklace on!! OMG!

1705030501898.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! That's insane!

"And here I am wearing John Lennon's glasses!"

But no spaghetti-strap slip dress?! What were you thinking.

That's gonna need it's own drawer in the Wolf Caroline XL...

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
How do y’all clean your pave VCA pieces? Is ultra sound safe? Dish soap, hot water and toothbrush? No toothbrush?

I looked on the other forum (why can’t we name it?) and there is a lot of discussion about stone pieces, which I understand, but not a lot about the pave.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
How do y’all clean your pave VCA pieces? Is ultra sound safe? Dish soap, hot water and toothbrush? No toothbrush?

I looked on the other forum (why can’t we name it?) and there is a lot of discussion about stone pieces, which I understand, but not a lot about the pave.

The pave I have is the onyx/pave bracelet so that makes it a bit complicated, as the pave can be cleaned more vigorously than the onyx. My SA told me not to submerge the onyx or to use cleaning chemicals on it. Every time I wear it I wipe the whole thing with a microfiber cloth and put it away.

I usually use Lavish foaming cleaner on the pave and try not to get any on the onyx, then quickly rinse everything. I have also dipped just the pave motifs into the ultrasonic. Got a steamer for Christmas so I have steamed just the pave motifs—it was tricky but doable.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
The pave I have is the onyx/pave bracelet so that makes it a bit complicated, as the pave can be cleaned more vigorously than the onyx. My SA told me not to submerge the onyx or to use cleaning chemicals on it. Every time I wear it I wipe the whole thing with a microfiber cloth and put it away.

I usually use Lavish foaming cleaner on the pave and try not to get any on the onyx, then quickly rinse everything. I have also dipped just the pave motifs into the ultrasonic. Got a steamer for Christmas so I have steamed just the pave motifs—it was tricky but doable.

Wow. That sounds tricker than bathing a newborn! I have a steamer but hadn’t considered using it for jeweler, I’ll have to give it a whirl. Thank you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That sounds tricker than bathing a newborn! I have a steamer but hadn’t considered using it for jeweler, I’ll have to give it a whirl. Thank you!

Wait—not a clothes steamer. A jewelry steamer.

If it’s an all pave piece I’d clean it the way you clean other diamond jewelry. Is it all pave or alternating?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Wait—not a clothes steamer. A jewelry steamer.

If it’s an all pave piece I’d clean it the way you clean other diamond jewelry. Is it all pave or alternating?

Oops. That makes more sense. It’s all pave, sweet earrings.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! Just sharing my (new to me) sweet Alhambra turquoise in YG. I received them yesterday, tried them for a bit but my ears were hurting. Trying again today so we’ll see if I’ll have get the post changed. On second thought I may have to because the posts are short. I didn’t realize I have thick ear lobes and a lot of real estate. Now I’m thinking getting second piercings, buy vintage size earrings and use the sweets on the 2nd piercings. We talk about finger coverage but not enough about ear lobe coverage

1E4DD07C-B775-48BE-8FDC-9A5DE054899E.jpeg

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday! Just sharing my (new to me) sweet Alhambra turquoise in YG. I received them yesterday, tried them for a bit but my ears were hurting. Trying again today so we’ll see if I’ll have get the post changed. On second thought I may have to because the posts are short. I didn’t realize I have thick ear lobes and a lot of real estate. Now I’m thinking getting second piercings, buy vintage size earrings and use the sweets on the 2nd piercings. We talk about finger coverage but not enough about ear lobe coverage

1E4DD07C-B775-48BE-8FDC-9A5DE054899E.jpeg

Beautiful color!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with extending the post on their stud earrings?

I received a pair of mini Frivoles for Christmas and took them in to make the ear posts longer (as I want to wear them in my cartilage piercings, so the post is too short for the boney part of my ear), so I am within the 3 months for having adjustments made.

However, one of the boutiques in Beijing sent the mini Frivoles to the China HQ in Shanghai and after two and a half weeks, they tell me that (1) the posts cannot be extended in China, only in France due to the complexity of the work required, and (2) they can’t provide an estimate on how much this would cost as it’s such a complex process.

Forgive my ignorance, am I underestimating how much work is required to elongate an earring post?!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with extending the post on their stud earrings?

I received a pair of mini Frivoles for Christmas and took them in to make the ear posts longer (as I want to wear them in my cartilage piercings, so the post is too short for the boney part of my ear), so I am within the 3 months for having adjustments made.

However, one of the boutiques in Beijing sent the mini Frivoles to the China HQ in Shanghai and after two and a half weeks, they tell me that (1) the posts cannot be extended in China, only in France due to the complexity of the work required, and (2) they can’t provide an estimate on how much this would cost as it’s such a complex process.

Forgive my ignorance, am I underestimating how much work is required to elongate an earring post?!

Gosh. It has to go to France!? It’s just cutting the old post off, cleaning up the old solder, soldering a new post on. I did have to pay $180 in the US for it. But it’s not rocket science…

I wonder if it’s more a problem of authorization. Maybe only certain workshops around the world are authorized to do certain repairs for some reason.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh. It has to go to France!? It’s just cutting the old post off, cleaning up the old solder, soldering a new post on. I did have to pay $180 in the US for it. But it’s not rocket science…

I wonder if it’s more a problem of authorization. Maybe only certain workshops around the world are authorized to do certain repairs for some reason.

Thanks, yes you’re probably right re: authorisation, as they said they can elongate pins on Alhambra but not Frivole :confused2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years on the wishlist and finally coming home ::)

@m-2-b shared photos of these a couple years ago and I knew I wanted them as soon as I saw her pics :love: Then I actually tried them on a few months later with @LLJsmom, and again earlier this year at my home boutique, and I can’t wait to not have to give them back :bigsmile:

They’ve gone in for adjustments so it’ll be a couple weeks still probably. So excited!!!!

IMG_9417.jpeg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! So happy for you @yssie . They are truly beautiful and each a work of art.
Enjoy the ear smiles!!!

Thank you!! My ears will definitely be smiling - even if you can’t see it behind the earrings :lol:

I just love the rose de noel design, it’s exactly the right blend of realism and whimsy for me. And lucky for me the colours I prefer aren’t what most people dream of - I can’t wear lapis or turquoise earrings! If coral was available in the US I might be tempted… But not nearly enough to go secondary market. I’d love the onyx as well one day ::)

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Van Cleef experts,

I have not yet received my birthday sweet pave earrings but in the early hours one day the Vintage MOP earrings popped up online so I bought them myself. They arrived today and they are divine and I love them and would keep them in addition to the sweets as a special occasion earring (too delicate and too heavy for me for every day). However, sadly, one of them has kind of a bump or pimple kind of thing. I expected color and shine variations but I did not expect an actual bump. Is this normal? Should I return and try to find another pair? I bought these online, in part because I could return if I hated them. Now that I know I love them I could try to source from a boutique. Could I ask them to evaluate for bumps? Are my expectations unrealistic? Please share your thoughts. "Bump" is at around 3 o'clock on the right earring.

Thanks,

Newly in VCA Love

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.08.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.09.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.14.04 PM.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years on the wishlist and finally coming home ::)

@m-2-b shared photos of these a couple years ago and I knew I wanted them as soon as I saw her pics :love: Then I actually tried them on a few months later with @LLJsmom, and again earlier this year at my home boutique, and I can’t wait to not have to give them back :bigsmile:

They’ve gone in for adjustments so it’ll be a couple weeks still probably. So excited!!!!

IMG_9417.jpeg

These will glow on you. I cannot wait for mod shots! What a stunning addition to a whole collection of holy grails. So excited for you.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Sharing information: The e-boutique person told me that all Sweet Alhambra earrings are orderable even if not available online.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Van Cleef experts,

I have not yet received my birthday sweet pave earrings but in the early hours one day the Vintage MOP earrings popped up online so I bought them myself. They arrived today and they are divine and I love them and would keep them in addition to the sweets as a special occasion earring (too delicate and too heavy for me for every day). However, sadly, one of them has kind of a bump or pimple kind of thing. I expected color and shine variations but I did not expect an actual bump. Is this normal? Should I return and try to find another pair? I bought these online, in part because I could return if I hated them. Now that I know I love them I could try to source from a boutique. Could I ask them to evaluate for bumps? Are my expectations unrealistic? Please share your thoughts. "Bump" is at around 3 o'clock on the right earring.

Thanks,

Newly in VCA Love

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.08.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.09.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 1.14.04 PM.png

@HockeyMama, what have you decided? I probably shouldn't even be responding, I'm not that familiar with this brand, but I'm thinking if the bump bothered you when you saw it, chances are it will always bother you. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. They are natural stones so I guess there will be imperfections, but I'm not sure I'd want a bump either lol. They do look beautiful on you.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@HockeyMama, what have you decided? I probably shouldn't even be responding, I'm not that familiar with this brand, but I'm thinking if the bump bothered you when you saw it, chances are it will always bother you. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. They are natural stones so I guess there will be imperfections, but I'm not sure I'd want a bump either lol. They do look beautiful on you.

I returned them . The blemish bothered me mentally, though I certainly would not be able to see it on my ears. I also realized they were quite heavy (for me) and too fancy (for me) and would get virtually no wear.

The white mother of pearl was sublime, luminescent, ethereal. I really loved it. I’m trying to decide if I try them in the sweet size, or try a bracelet or ring. I hate buying and returning but even if I made it to a store I think inventory is sparse. I’ve tried googling mother of pearl jewelry and other than VCA there seems to be little else of that quality.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just caught up. Yeah. I think you did the right thing returning, you gotta love ‘em or you’ll always have that niggle. I could tell you that pearl is a natural material, that natural material will vary, that logically it shouldn’t matter - but luxury goods aren’t ever about logic, they’re about how you feel. Glad you sent them back.

I’d buy through an SA. That’s the best way of getting some trusted eyes on a piece for colour, shape, texture, etc. SAs see so many more samples than we end-customers do, they’ll have a much better idea of what’s common, what’s exceptional, what’s undesirable…

For MOP - Paspaley uses MOP in a number of their designs and their material is top of the line. VCA gets their MOP from Australia, actually.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I just caught up. Yeah. I think you did the right thing returning, you gotta love ‘em or you’ll always have that niggle. I could tell you that pearl is a natural material, that natural material will vary, that logically it shouldn’t matter - but luxury goods aren’t ever about logic, they’re about how you feel. Glad you sent them back.

I’d buy through an SA. That’s the best way of getting some trusted eyes on a piece for colour, shape, texture, etc. SAs see so many more samples than we end-customers do, they’ll have a much better idea of what’s common, what’s exceptional, what’s undesirable…

For MOP - Paspaley uses MOP in a number of their designs and their material is top of the line. VCA gets their MOP from Australia, actually.

Thank you! I will look at Paspaley as well.

I "opened" my pave sweets today and love them. I'm getting used to them but they are perfect for me for daily use. I may get the MOP sweets as well, knowing they will have to come off more often. I love the MOP of so much I wonder if I would prefer it on my wrist or hand where I can look at it all day long. I will have a couple days in Lisbon and a couple in Geneva in the summer and will certainly go in the boutique to look. Oddly I am never near a US boutique. I feel like I have FOMO and am always racing against a price increase clock, though these are thankfully the least precious of all the VCA items. Will keep y'all posted!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I will look at Paspaley as well.

I "opened" my pave sweets today and love them. I'm getting used to them but they are perfect for me for daily use. I may get the MOP sweets as well, knowing they will have to come off more often. I love the MOP of so much I wonder if I would prefer it on my wrist or hand where I can look at it all day long. I will have a couple days in Lisbon and a couple in Geneva in the summer and will certainly go in the boutique to look. Oddly I am never near a US boutique. I feel like I have FOMO and am always racing against a price increase clock, though these are thankfully the least precious of all the VCA items. Will keep y'all posted!

Would you wear a ring?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Would you wear a ring?

I would, and prefer rings to bracelets! I've looked at the MOP Alhambra ring many times. I have short, small fingers and I wonder if it is too bold for me. I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to wait until May to see it in the boutique or if I end up ordering online. Online advantage is I can return, disadvantage, as I've learned, is nuances of the piece. I am loving my sweet pave. I think I could be happy just getting sweet MOP too and stop overthinking. I'm a creature of habit.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Earring post question: I got the chrysmela backs and they are certainly easier to use. Are you supposed to put them all the way on the earring post until it comes to the end of the other side? If I do that I end up with clover imprints on my ears. Does that mean I need longer posts? The width is fine, I measured and the standard post is the same as my old earring posts. Thanks y'all for your patience with my novice questions!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earring post question: I got the chrysmela backs and they are certainly easier to use. Are you supposed to put them all the way on the earring post until it comes to the end of the other side? If I do that I end up with clover imprints on my ears. Does that mean I need longer posts? The width is fine, I measured and the standard post is the same as my old earring posts. Thanks y'all for your patience with my novice questions!

Just push it in enough so that the earring feels secure against your ear and there is no drooping

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! No drooping allowed for these exquisite earrings.

I've been wearing them four days and I love these tiny little things an absurd amount.

I get it! They are small yet I love them so much. So interesting and the workmanship is outstanding. Can you imagine them polishing every tiny bead?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results