shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom I remember someone posting in this thread an image of their magic pave pendant under an ideal scope (I think) and each tiny diamond had perfect hearts and arrows! It looked like a kaleidoscope image of perfect diamonds.

I told my husband about the vintage MOP earrings and he said I absolutely need to buy them again if I loved them because they looked beautiful in the photos. These would be special occasion earrings, but why not? I've decided to look for the earrings and the bracelet. I've tried cold calling boutiques to find a SA to help but no luck so far, any tips? I'm patient and persistent.

For the necklace I only like the long magic MOP (I don't like a fixed pendant) but they don't make it in white gold. Is there any chance of that being introduced or only by special order (which I will never have the relationship for given my unfortunate geographic circumstance)?

Thanks for taking the journey with me!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I remember someone posting in this thread an image of their magic pave pendant under an ideal scope (I think) and each tiny diamond had perfect hearts and arrows! It looked like a kaleidoscope image of perfect diamonds.

I told my husband about the vintage MOP earrings and he said I absolutely need to buy them again if I loved them because they looked beautiful in the photos. These would be special occasion earrings, but why not? I've decided to look for the earrings and the bracelet. I've tried cold calling boutiques to find a SA to help but no luck so far, any tips? I'm patient and persistent.

For the necklace I only like the long magic MOP (I don't like a fixed pendant) but they don't make it in white gold. Is there any chance of that being introduced or only by special order (which I will never have the relationship for given my unfortunate geographic circumstance)?

Thanks for taking the journey with me!

If it were me, I would find an SA that I liked and start building a relationship. My first SA was in Vegas while I was located in CA. Distance was not a problem. I have no idea whether they would offer the magic MOP in a WG pendant. But I’m guessing not. Just put it on your list of SOs for the future. I’m sure that you will find more pieces that you will love and buy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto everything LLJsmom said!

It’s my understanding that needing to go to a boutique to pick certain items up is par for the course with luxury leathers brands… VCA, at least, doesn’t work that way though; your geography won’t be any problem for future SOs. But what you will need is an SA to advocate for you, so it’s worth finding someone you want to work with regularly…

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS. That beautiful pave-under-scope image you’re referring to is by m-2-b ❤️

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
As my handle suggests, the only traveling I do domestically is for youth hockey to small industrial or college towns that aren’t within a couple hundred miles of anything luxury . (I do love my life.). Once a year in the summer we go overseas, but rarely the same place twice.

I saw on the other forum a thread where people recommend SAs so I may try one of those. I’m kind of like a dog with a bone, I managed to find SAs blindly for the popular H and Ch handbags (not sure if it’s ok to mention brands) so I am sure I shall prevail.

I’ll keep y’all posted! Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s fine to mention brands here! Just can’t post direct links to other fora.

Not sure my and LLJsmom’s intent came through in our posts - Van Cleef SAs don’t care about your location or whether you can come into the boutique, they’re happy to work with clients on the other side of the country. So the fact that you don’t travel makes no difference re. Working with one SA.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
It’s fine to mention brands here! Just can’t post direct links to other fora.

Not sure my and LLJsmom’s intent came through in our posts - Van Cleef SAs don’t care about your location or whether you can come into the boutique, they’re happy to work with clients on the other side of the country. So the fact that you don’t travel makes no difference re. Working with one SA.

Oh yes, thank you! I did understand. For my previous remote purchases I’ve been able to just call a boutique and get a person and they became my SA. I’ve not been lucky with VCA doing the same so far. I think if I get an actual name from the other forum thread I may have better luck. It seems calling out of the blue and trying to make over the phone purchases is a little suspect. I guess they fear resellers? I understand wanting a personal reference. I just don’t know anyone with any VCA in my day to day life.

Of course, as mentioned, I have already found other beauties to add to my list! Nothing to rival your amazing collection, but a few small things.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBH if you’re not getting traction it’s probably because inventory is nonexistent right now, the pieces you want are popular and they’ll fly out the door. Did any of the SAs you spoke with offer to put you on their waitlist?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
TBH if you’re not getting traction it’s probably because inventory is nonexistent right now, the pieces you want are popular and they’ll fly out the door. Did any of the SAs you spoke with offer to put you on their waitlist?

They did not. And I absolutely understand why. They don’t know me at all. I’d be happy to purchase in Europe this summer if they have something but that doesn’t solve my long term SA problem, and they likely won’t have inventory either.

The white gold pieces seem harder to obtain. I see lots of vintage earrings in yellow online while I am searching in the middle of the night (ED doctor here). I’ll keep searching.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS. That beautiful pave-under-scope image you’re referring to is by m-2-b ❤️

Right! Lol. It never occurred to me that anyone would think that was mine. I could never have the skills to capture one such elusive image let alone 100 little hearts and arrows. Her picture is worth a thousand words about the beauty of VCA diamonds isn’t it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I opened my carnelian Rose de Noel earrings yesterday :love:

No mod shots, unfortunately one post was loose - my SA thinks it might have been jostled exactly wrong during shipment. So back they go for fixing :(sad Expedited at least!

I thought I'd share some of the initial pics I took anyway. I saw a couple photos of them before I committed (like, non-returnably) to the purchase, and I didn't think twice about that until my SA let me know they'd shipped - and at that point I started to angst about mayyyybe having been a touch too hasty :lol: Fortunately she knows me well, and it was much ado about nothing!!

Folks are probably most familiar with carnelian in Alhambra, which can come in a really astonishing variety of shades. Here's two pics from another forum, in 2021 a poster named Storm Spirit was choosing between these five bracelets - the colour difference is off the charts!

Storm_Spirit_2021(A).PNG

Storm_Spirit_2021(B).PNG

So initially I thought, well, I want carnelian like #4 in those alhambra pics, and I'm happy to wait for such a pair to show up. Thing is, my SA explained, Alhambra carnelian motifs are small, flat, and thin. But Rose de Noel petals are large, rounded, and three-dimensional. Not only is there less carnelian to choose from given the matching requirements for the much larger petals, the carnelian material itself tends to "equalize" in colour with size and opacity.

And what she said, I have to say, it rings true. I've only seen Rose de Noel carnelian four times (mix of earrings and clips) - and they did all pretty much look the same.

Okay, well, I'm not going to wait for a nonexistent unicorn. I asked my SA if she thought I'd like the colour of the pair she located. She said I'd love it, and that if I didn't love it then I didn't really want carnelian. Well, I've tried these carnelian earrings on twice now, two different pairs, and I loved both of them, so...

And yup. They're beautiful ❤️ The colour shifts a lot in different lighting environments. From rusty to deeper and richer to flame-coloured fluorescent. I think, I have to be honest, I understand why these earrings aren't hugely popular, this colour is hard for a lot of people to wear. But it works for me!! I can't wear turquoise at all and more than a drop of lapis overwhelms my complexion, but rusty reds will always work for me :bigsmile:

I've been salivating over these inspo pics for, like, years... :love:

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

And mine! Finally!! :appl: In lots of lighting environments to show the colour shift. One other thing I just noticed yesterday, since the material is translucent you can see the rose gold outline under each petal from the front, and when the earrings catch the light right it makes a really pretty frame ::)

A friend said they reminded her of vintage bakelite. Perfect description. First time I tried them on I said "pop-art resin". Definitely not everyone's style but me, I'm going to wear them SO much :bigsmile:

IMG_9623.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9683.jpg

IMG_9687.jpg

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@yssie these are simply stunning. Your collection is divine, your taste is impeccable, your aesthetic is fearless and unmistakeable... my only question is how you choose what to wear! I hope none of your pieces feel left out. I'm still dreaming about your FDP bracelet but let's not forget your Letterwood, the pearls, the opals, the diamonds.... Thank you for sharing with us.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had to back for a second look; as I couldn't process it all in at first glance. They are dynamic! And yes, you will wear them well!

cheers--Sharon

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the colors and how unique they are!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I opened my carnelian Rose de Noel earrings yesterday :love:

No mod shots, unfortunately one post was loose - my SA thinks it might have been jostled exactly wrong during shipment. So back they go for fixing :(sad Expedited at least!

I thought I'd share some of the initial pics I took anyway. I saw a couple photos of them before I committed (like, non-returnably) to the purchase, and I didn't think twice about that until my SA let me know they'd shipped - and at that point I started to angst about mayyyybe having been a touch too hasty :lol: Fortunately she knows me well, and it was much ado about nothing!!

Folks are probably most familiar with carnelian in Alhambra, which can come in a really astonishing variety of shades. Here's two pics from another forum, in 2021 a poster named Storm Spirit was choosing between these five bracelets - the colour difference is off the charts!

Storm_Spirit_2021(A).PNG

Storm_Spirit_2021(B).PNG

So initially I thought, well, I want carnelian like #4 in those alhambra pics, and I'm happy to wait for such a pair to show up. Thing is, my SA explained, Alhambra carnelian motifs are small, flat, and thin. But Rose de Noel petals are large, rounded, and three-dimensional. Not only is there less carnelian to choose from given the matching requirements for the much larger petals, the carnelian material itself tends to "equalize" in colour with size and opacity.

And what she said, I have to say, it rings true. I've only seen Rose de Noel carnelian four times (mix of earrings and clips) - and they did all pretty much look the same.

Okay, well, I'm not going to wait for a nonexistent unicorn. I asked my SA if she thought I'd like the colour of the pair she located. She said I'd love it, and that if I didn't love it then I didn't really want carnelian. Well, I've tried these carnelian earrings on twice now, two different pairs, and I loved both of them, so...

And yup. They're beautiful ❤️ The colour shifts a lot in different lighting environments. From rusty to deeper and richer to flame-coloured fluorescent. I think, I have to be honest, I understand why these earrings aren't hugely popular, this colour is hard for a lot of people to wear. But it works for me!! I can't wear turquoise at all and more than a drop of lapis overwhelms my complexion, but rusty reds will always work for me :bigsmile:

I've been salivating over these inspo pics for, like, years... :love:

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

And mine! Finally!! :appl: In lots of lighting environments to show the colour shift. One other thing I just noticed yesterday, since the material is translucent you can see the rose gold outline under each petal from the front, and when the earrings catch the light right it makes a really pretty frame ::)

A friend said they reminded her of vintage bakelite. Perfect description. First time I tried them on I said "pop-art resin". Definitely not everyone's style but me, I'm going to wear them SO much :bigsmile:

IMG_9623.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9683.jpg

IMG_9687.jpg

Ahh…… these are so beautiful. They almost look like jelly!

Can’t wait for you to get them back & post mod shots :kiss2::kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, now that @HockeyMama kinda mentioned so many of your pieces, this one stands out among them all. Everyone of your pieces have an element of beauty, femininity, originality, whimsy, rarity. But this one has one gives me one new vibe. Vintagey 70s, just almost acrylic / Bakelite (I have a terrible weakness for acrylic jewelry.) boldness yet IYKYK it’s NOT. It’s f***in’ VCA going there, with its usual exquisite craftsmanship. It’s almost daring you rock them. That is probably why so many don’t. But to those who are brave enough, the rewards are tremendous. @HockeyMama when you said “fearless”, that really struck a chord. Beyond anything else, these are fearless. @yssie you know how much I love your pave cosmos earrings. They are absolutely my favorite. But these earrings are a very close second. I am dying to see these on you in person.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Oof I didn’t realise carnelian can glow like this -thud-
And thank you for the education on carnelian and different thicknesses across different pieces - I hadn’t thought about it like that before.

They’re beautiful, and can’t wait to see them on you!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I wish I was fearless. My quest for white gold/white mother of pearl is a real nail biter. The craziest/scariest thing I ever did was IVF. My son is the greatest blessing in our lives and I am so thankful I had the privilege and the opportunity.

I am, however, persistent (aforementioned dog with bone)... I have found someone to order my pieces! Pay in full, will take 10 weeks, but absolutely no problem. Do you all have a preference between a NM boutique and a stand alone VCA boutique? I found an SA at one of each type willing to help. Not sure if there are pros and cons?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I was fearless. My quest for white gold/white mother of pearl is a real nail biter. The craziest/scariest thing I ever did was IVF. My son is the greatest blessing in our lives and I am so thankful I had the privilege and the opportunity.

I am, however, persistent (aforementioned dog with bone)... I have found someone to order my pieces! Pay in full, will take 10 weeks, but absolutely no problem. Do you all have a preference between a NM boutique and a stand alone VCA boutique? I found an SA at one of each type willing to help. Not sure if there are pros and cons?

How exciting!!! (and FWIW your are an ER Doc--you've got plenty of courage!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, now that @HockeyMama kinda mentioned so many of your pieces, this one stands out among them all. Everyone of your pieces have an element of beauty, femininity, originality, whimsy, rarity. But this one has one gives me one new vibe. Vintagey 70s, just almost acrylic / Bakelite (I have a terrible weakness for acrylic jewelry.) boldness yet IYKYK it’s NOT. It’s f***in’ VCA going there, with its usual exquisite craftsmanship. It’s almost daring you rock them. That is probably why so many don’t. But to those who are brave enough, the rewards are tremendous. @HockeyMama when you said “fearless”, that really struck a chord. Beyond anything else, these are fearless. @yssie you know how much I love your pave cosmos earrings. They are absolutely my favorite. But these earrings are a very close second. I am dying to see these on you in person.

Hijacking the thread for a second to say that I, too, have an affinity for acrylic pieces. It all started at an antique show and a Lea Stein pin, and now it has evolved into more of her and Machete pieces as well. Even my hair brushes are Machete.

The VCA earrings definitely are works of art!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last digression. You remember Endora from Bewitched, with her mumus and huge jewelry? I guess those pieces made a lasting impression on my 5 year old brain. No wonder my love of coral. lol!
IMG_1840.jpeg

Oh no. I’ve taken too many liberties with this VCA thread. I’ll find something to post to make up for this scary pic.
Recent shopping day.

I love coral and I’m way too young for kaftans but I have already had a couple custom-made! Can we make an old lady thread somewhere? Lol

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
They did not. And I absolutely understand why. They don’t know me at all. I’d be happy to purchase in Europe this summer if they have something but that doesn’t solve my long term SA problem, and they likely won’t have inventory either.

The white gold pieces seem harder to obtain. I see lots of vintage earrings in yellow online while I am searching in the middle of the night (ED doctor here). I’ll keep searching.

Fwiw, the Rome boutique had great inventory (relatively speaking) when I was there last year. And when I was chatting with an SA at the Boston boutique about it, she mentioned she had another client who had stopped by the Rome boutique recently and found it to have surprisingly good stock.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dreadful! I posted and promptly got sucked into a work black hole. Just catching up here now.

@yssie these are simply stunning. Your collection is divine, your taste is impeccable, your aesthetic is fearless and unmistakeable... my only question is how you choose what to wear! I hope none of your pieces feel left out. I'm still dreaming about your FDP bracelet but let's not forget your Letterwood, the pearls, the opals, the diamonds.... Thank you for sharing with us.
That's so kind of you!! ❤️

It's kinda funny, I know what VCA pieces I have but I'm really emotionally sterile with them. I appreciate them for what they are - rare, or "wearable", or "pretty", or even just "pretty for the camera" (cough, Magic-three-motif-earrings, cough) - but there's no emotional attachment beyond the time spent searching or money spent buying. If my VCA collection (well, and insurance! Let's be thorough here!) went poof I'd be devastated because how on earth am I going to rebuy all of that?! Whereas if some of my unbranded pieces went missing I'd be heartbroken in a way money couldn't possibly fix. To me my VCA is enjoyable but replaceable.

And that's actually a good thing because it means I'll actually *wear* it!! Stuff that I put in the "irreplaceable" bucket - I worry about too much to enjoy wearing. My poor pearls and opals. Now... I've got three pairs of rose gold earrings to mix and match with my Perlee bracelets and that's perfect, those are the bracelets I reach for most so the earrings will all get copious ear-time :bigsmile:

Ahh…… these are so beautiful. They almost look like jelly!

Can’t wait for you to get them back & post mod shots :kiss2::kiss2:
You aren't wrong :bigsmile: You know how sometimes different batches of jelly come out a bit more translucent than others? Yeah, so, some of the petals are a bit more opaque than others. And I've seen that in other peoples' pics, and in the first pair I tried on in NYC - seems to be some randomness in material. I don't think it happens with Alhambra motifs because they're so much thinner to begin with and they're two-dimensional by design... I was saying to someone else that I think I'd love blue agate in rose de noel - the slight translucency adds so much dimension face-up :love:

You're the sweetest person LLJsmom. :love:

And yes!! I know your taste for Vintagey 70s!! :bigsmile: The yellowish-ness in the red, I think it kinda makes them look like they were actually made in the 70s? Legit vintage bakelite that a young woman wore to the diner after date night. Or something.

Naturally, I'm none of those things - not young, not normally drawn to vintage, and I'll always choose Starbucks over the diner :lol: But here we are! The one thing I've got going for me is a well-established Love For Big Earrings, so noone will bat an eyelash if they get even bigger. Including me myself. My SA said normally she warns people that these earrings are "very big" but no need for concern with me :bigsmile:

I love this design so much. Large, girly, just the right mix of photorealism and whimsy. Goin' goin' gone down the rabbit de noel hole... Seems like the original design split into RdN and Cosmos. The old Mimi Nerval earrings, in wood, but for less than 20k please? :shock:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hijacking the thread for a second to say that I, too, have an affinity for acrylic pieces. It all started at an antique show and a Lea Stein pin, and now it has evolved into more of her and Machete pieces as well. Even my hair brushes are Machete.

The VCA earrings definitely are works of art!

Um, I could wear these... :love:
1708891055638.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results