shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom is our resident expert on the Sweets!

Honestly even if they’re returns - the pave Alhambra is hardy and hides wear well! Never a bad idea to inspect a new purchase though. After Pomelo’s experience I’m inspecting closely too.

Thank you! She certainly has inspired my choice.

I will report to all when I see them!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

I've never received an envelope from my DH for any occasion. I did today. He said "go and buy some of those Van Cleefs your friends are always talking about".. Van Cleefs (he doesn't even know the name....best laugh I've had in ages).

Merry Christmas--Sharon

cant wait to see what you choose!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I had so much fun looking at so many lovely purchases since I last posted!

Congratulations on getting your SO approved, Yssie! So exciting!

My collection has grown too, so I thought I'd share an update.
Sorry my photo taking skills are so bad.
IMG_8649.jpg
From left
5-motif bracelets
Carnelian and YG Guilloche
Princess Grace Gold MOP and Pave in YG
SO Pink MOP and Pave (without center bead) in PG
Rock Crystal in YG, plus 20 motif necklace

IMG_8646.jpg
Comparison of Gold MOP and Pink MOP

IMG_8648.jpg
From left
2022 Holiday pendant
Princess Grace Gold MOP in YG
Magic MOP in YG plus matching earrings

IMG_8665.jpg
Sweet Clover bracelet in YG

IMG_8660.jpg
Small Turquoise RdN earrings

IMG_8664.jpg
IMG_8662.jpg
FdP earrings and bracelet in multi colored sapphire

IMG_8667(1).jpg
SO Socrate ring and earrings with rubies and diamonds

IMG_8669.jpg
Noeud ring

IMG_8663.jpg
My most beloved piece
Butterfly BTF ring in rubies and diamonds

I think I may have missed out a couple of smaller pieces, but putting my purchases all in one post makes me think I may need to take a break. lol.

BOOM is right! You sure live up to the name!!! Gorgeous pieces

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Couple casual oldies I don't think I've shared here - 2024 resolution is to (cough, actually wear) *enjoy* my VCA day-to-day :love:

IMG_6700_YP.jpg

IMG_6711_YP.jpg

IMG_2593_YP.jpg

Yes. That's right. There's glitter. And it sparkles. :bigsmile:

IMG_2606_YP.jpg

Gorgeous !! I feel like i just look at my jewelry in the drawer every day, it's such an effort to put it on and then go to my office LOL.. you're right, we need to wear them more!!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@yssie @LLJsmom They have arrived and they are divine! They really fit my ear and my face. My husband loved them too! They will go away for a month and come back out for my 50th! I definitely need the anti-droop special ear backs that @RunningwithScissors recommends, they have been ordered! Thank you all so much for sharing your experience and for your advice.

I remember reading that the travel pouches no longer come with purchases, can they be bought through VCA? I can see the appeal of having one.

I would also love your thoughts on building my collection. I don't live anywhere near a boutique. We travel a fair bit but nowhere consistently enough to build a relationship with an SA. Am I doomed to online stalking?

I specifically am wanting an onyx and white gold piece (vintage or sweet earrings) and I understand they are SO (unless by some miracle they are introduced into the collection). I assume a normal person with little history cannot walk off the street and order? Likewise, for the NYC limited Magic pendant, is that pure luck or limited to regular clients? I certainly understand if it is. I suppose I am trying to manage my expectations realistically and decide if I should start searching for a reliable pre loved piece.

Thank you again! I'm so excited to be a member of this club!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.40.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.40.35 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.48.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.48.58 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 106

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie @LLJsmom They have arrived and they are divine! They really fit my ear and my face. My husband loved them too! They will go away for a month and come back out for my 50th! I definitely need the anti-droop special ear backs that @RunningwithScissors recommends, they have been ordered! Thank you all so much for sharing your experience and for your advice.

I remember reading that the travel pouches no longer come with purchases, can they be bought through VCA? I can see the appeal of having one.

I would also love your thoughts on building my collection. I don't live anywhere near a boutique. We travel a fair bit but nowhere consistently enough to build a relationship with an SA. Am I doomed to online stalking?

I specifically am wanting an onyx and white gold piece (vintage or sweet earrings) and I understand they are SO (unless by some miracle they are introduced into the collection). I assume a normal person with little history cannot walk off the street and order? Likewise, for the NYC limited Magic pendant, is that pure luck or limited to regular clients? I certainly understand if it is. I suppose I am trying to manage my expectations realistically and decide if I should start searching for a reliable pre loved piece.

Congratulations! Glad you're thrilled with them and I hope your birthday is coming up soon so you won't be putting them away for too long! ❤️

Re. travel pouches - based on your question I assume your earrings came in the hard-sided suede box? The old travel pouches can't be ordered, but the new eco-friendly earrings packaging is actually very nice and great for travel. I believe current policy is one or the other but definitely ask! Never hurts to ask. Especially since this is your first VCA piece and your first pair of earrings.

You don't need to be local to a boutique to have an SA there. Many of us aren't near our SAs, they can sell us stuff cross-country just fine :lol: If there's a boutique in a location you'll visit once or twice a year that works just fine! I much prefer shopping with a human I can text or call. The "rules" for what can be sourced from where change a lot depending on what you're looking for, what collection it's from, pricepoint... An SA can source some things from around the world, some things only from boutiques outside her/his geography, some things only from inventory that hits the home store... And of course all the rules can be broken for the right person in the right circumstances.

Only stock onyx/wg Alhambra pieces are the LE pendant and the alternating pave earrings/bracelet/twenty, yup. Everything else is either MTO (made to order) or SO and as far as I'm aware there's a practical spend requirement for both MTO and SO all over the US right now. The LE pendant isn't supposed to be limited to only certain people, but in reality demand outstrips production and the boutique SAs are going to squirrel them away for their clients before they hit the shop floor, so you'll want to talk with an SA and have her/him keep watch for you.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Glad you're thrilled with them and I hope your birthday is coming up soon so you won't be putting them away for too long! ❤️

Re. travel pouches - based on your question I assume your earrings came in the hard-sided suede box? The old travel pouches can't be ordered, but the new eco-friendly earrings packaging is actually very nice and great for travel. I believe current policy is one or the other but definitely ask! Never hurts to ask. Especially since this is your first VCA piece and your first pair of earrings.

You don't need to be local to a boutique to have an SA there. Many of us aren't near our SAs, they can sell us stuff cross-country just fine :lol: If there's a boutique in a location you'll visit once or twice a year that works just fine! I much prefer shopping with a human I can text or call. The "rules" for what can be sourced from where change a lot depending on what you're looking for, what collection it's from, pricepoint... An SA can source some things from around the world, some things only from boutiques outside her/his geography, some things only from inventory that hits the home store... And of course all the rules can be broken for the right person in the right circumstances.

Only stock onyx/wg Alhambra pieces are the LE pendant and the alternating pave earrings/bracelet/twenty, yup. Everything else is either MTO (made to order) or SO and as far as I'm aware there's a practical spend requirement for both MTO and SO all over the US right now. The LE pendant isn't supposed to be limited to only certain people, but in reality demand outstrips production and the boutique SAs are going to squirrel them away for their clients before they hit the shop floor, so you'll want to talk with an SA and have her/him keep watch for you.

Thank you for confirming my sad assumptions!

Do you think if I call the 1-800 number I can be assigned an SA? I don't travel anywhere often enough but my husband goes to Manhattan for business and could be my courier.

Realistically I think I will be watching the pre-loved market. Other than a pair of white gold MOP sweets, I imagine I can find those if I'm patient!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for confirming my sad assumptions!

Do you think if I call the 1-800 number I can be assigned an SA? I don't travel anywhere often enough but my husband goes to Manhattan for business and could be my courier.

Realistically I think I will be watching the pre-loved market. Other than a pair of white gold MOP sweets, I imagine I can find those if I'm patient!

TBH I don’t know how the online boutique works in terms of SA assignments, if you call in please share the outcome with us! They won’t be able to assign you an associate for a specific boutique of course - for that you’d need to call that boutique directly.

Be wary of preowned Alhambra. Everything is faked and the fakes can be good, and reseller sites don’t catch them all.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I
TBH I don’t know how the online boutique works in terms of SA assignments, if you call in please share the outcome with us! They won’t be able to assign you an associate for a specific boutique of course - for that you’d need to call that boutique directly.

Be wary of preowned Alhambra. Everything is faked and the fakes can be good, and reseller sites don’t catch them all.

I am extremely wary and likely will never actualize that particular desire! I read so many stories of people walking into boutiques and getting someone's MTO or SO cancellation, so I will not give up hope completely.

I think I'm going to call the boutique directly and see what happens. I will let you know! I know not everyone is into handbags, but that is how I found SAs for *H and *Ch. I truly live in the middle of nowhere but love pretty things.

Thank you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most coveted pieces are already accounted for, even before offered to the public at the boutiques unfortunately!

Would you be interested in the WG perlee turquoise earrings instead, @HockeyMama ? @diamondseeker2006 still has hers up for sale and she has kept hers in pristine shape! The turquoise color on her earrings are nicer than what I have seen in the boutiques recently.

Last edited:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Most coveted pieces are already accounted for, even before offered to the public at the boutiques unfortunately!

Would you be interested in the WG perlee turquoise earrings instead, @HockeyMama ? @diamondseeker2006 still has hers up for sale and she has kept hers in pristine shape! The turquoise color on her earrings are nicer than what I have seen in the boutiques recently.

I saw these! So beautiful, but I don’t think I’m ready for turquoise. I’m not even sure I would like the onyx, I tend to keep things pretty basic and low contrast. I will aim for white MOP next.

We will be in Lisbon this summer so I hope I can see some pieces and colors on my skin!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the recommendation! My lobes are the opposite of thin so I’m a tad concerned these will be lost on me, but they seemed to work in Paris so I’m crossing my fingers I didn’t just have fairy dust in my vision. The vintage size haven’t popped up in my stalking, and I know they would require adjustments that would be difficult long distance. It seems these were meant to be mine!
IMG_3583.jpeg
They look terrific for your lobes, centered perfectly. They’re sweets so just cute, easy and classic studs. I hope you’ll get lots of wear from them.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I have another question for the experts... in @Pomelo 's recent new earring thread @yssie described how VCA white mother of pearl tends to be deliberately even toned across items. Do y'all think it would then be safe to buy VA WMOP earrings without seeing them first? I've discovered you can get an SA from a boutique just by calling and they can locate items for you across the country. I didn't question a remote pave purchase, because pave is pave, but I hesitate about MOP. I know it's delicate and these would be special occasion earrings. The other ones I am considering are VA onyx but I own literally zero yellow gold and that would be a giant leap for me. Wish I could safely buy them pre-loved.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's bugging me. Is there any way to know whether a vca bracelet is "fantasy" (e.g. replica) versus one that could be a SA or one that isn't available online anymore? I see bracelets I like on TRR, etc, and wish there was a way to know!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have another question for the experts... in @Pomelo 's recent new earring thread @yssie described how VCA white mother of pearl tends to be deliberately even toned across items. Do y'all think it would then be safe to buy VA WMOP earrings without seeing them first? I've discovered you can get an SA from a boutique just by calling and they can locate items for you across the country. I didn't question a remote pave purchase, because pave is pave, but I hesitate about MOP. I know it's delicate and these would be special occasion earrings. The other ones I am considering are VA onyx but I own literally zero yellow gold and that would be a giant leap for me. Wish I could safely buy them pre-loved.

I guess it depends on how picky you are? White MOP will never be as iridescent as grey MOP - they come from different oysters. Even the most iridescent white MOP in the world won’t look truly multicoloured the way grey MOP can be. So there’s a much more limited band of what you might get buying blind…

I’m extremely picky about my pearls… I would buy white MOP blind but not grey. But that’s me. Of course if you do purchase and you really don’t care for what you get you can always request an exchange, you aren’t obligated to keep a piece!

Do you want more iridescence, or less, or just don’t want a mismatch? (As in - one earring with a ton of iridescence and the other more evenly toned wouldn’t be okay)

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I guess it depends on how picky you are? White MOP will never be as iridescent as grey MOP - they come from different oysters. Even the most iridescent white MOP in the world won’t look truly multicoloured the way grey MOP can be. So there’s a much more limited band of what you might get buying blind…

I’m extremely picky about my pearls… I would buy white MOP blind but not grey. But that’s me. Of course if you do purchase and you really don’t care for what you get you can always request an exchange, you aren’t obligated to keep a piece!

Do you want more iridescence, or less, or just don’t want a mismatch? (As in - one earring with a ton of iridescence and the other more evenly toned wouldn’t be okay)
I just don't want a mismatch! I like the overall glowing appearance of white MOP. I'm not sure what the glowing means. I don't need a rainbow of colors, I just don't want it flat. Does that make sense?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock

I also wanted to say I have poured over your comments in the pearls threads about nacre and lustre and such and honestly have no idea what the nuances are. I can't even see them when you point them out with an arrow. All this to say that I want a not mismatch that glows and is beautiful and would not be an eyesore if someone like you was looking at them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to say I have poured over your comments in the pearls threads about nacre and lustre and such and honestly have no idea what the nuances are. I can't even see them when you point them out with an arrow. All this to say that I want a not mismatch that glows and is beautiful and would not be an eyesore if someone like you was looking at them.

Oh perfect! I would def be comfy ordering blind and seeing what you think then. Van Cleef won’t ever put chalky or pitted MOP into their pieces, no worries about the objective quality of the materials. The possibility of mismatched strength of iridescence is always there but I would be totally comfy taking the chance on having a pair ordered, it’s very unlikely to be a problem!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's bugging me. Is there any way to know whether a vca bracelet is "fantasy" (e.g. replica) versus one that could be a SA or one that isn't available online anymore? I see bracelets I like on TRR, etc, and wish there was a way to know!

Coffee table books! Might find the collection, or its precursor with the same design elements - even if the specific piece isn’t shown. My SA has tracked a couple heritage collections down for me but I try to limit what I ask about to stuff I might actually buy or ask to order. Some great and helpful older threads on the other forum too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can speak to WMOP pieces being very well-matched. I have the 5 motif bracelet (purchased from the VCA site) and a pendant I bought pre-loved and sight unseen. Each motif is matched and all of it looks perfect, in my non-expert opinion. There are no imperfections or variations that stand out, not to my eyes, anyway.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I can speak to WMOP pieces being very well-matched. I have the 5 motif bracelet (purchased from the VCA site) and a pendant I bought pre-loved and sight unseen. Each motif is matched and all of it looks perfect, in my non-expert opinion. There are no imperfections or variations that stand out, not to my eyes, anyway.

Oh perfect! Thank you! That is exactly the position I am in. I appreciate the information.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Oh perfect! I would def be comfy ordering blind and seeing what you think then. Van Cleef won’t ever put chalky or pitted MOP into their pieces, no worries about the objective quality of the materials. The possibility of mismatched strength of iridescence is always there but I would be totally comfy taking the chance on having a pair ordered, it’s very unlikely to be a problem!

Thank you so much! That's a relief to hear from you. As you say, I can always return it. I'll begin my hunt and keep y'all posted.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

These look great on you congrats, I got these for my anniversary in 2019 and they are one of my favorite pieces!! You will enjoy them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@monarch64 I'd love to see your MOP and malachite together--unless you've already posted that photo (have you?)

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@monarch64 I'd love to see your MOP and malachite together--unless you've already posted that photo (have you?)

cheers--Sharon

I don’t put them together for fear of scratching and because the MOP is in white gold and the malachite in yellow. For me it’s not a good combo. :(

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!
I would like to see the white MOP Alhambra in YG and the Lucky Alhambra stacked together. I hope to get to a VCA next week and will try and get a pic and post it.
Also would like to try on the elusive and relatively inexpensive (as far as VCA bracelets go) Byzantine Alhambra bracelet.
I am searching for a bracelet in yellow gold to go on the opposite wrist as my new YG bangle. It will be a fun hunt.
Also will look at YG tennis bracelets maybe from Costco.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon!
I would like to see the white MOP Alhambra in YG and the Lucky Alhambra stacked together. I hope to get to a VCA next week and will try and get a pic and post it.
Also would like to try on the elusive and relatively inexpensive (as far as VCA bracelets go) Byzantine Alhambra bracelet.
I am searching for a bracelet in yellow gold to go on the opposite wrist as my new YG bangle. It will be a fun hunt.
Also will look at YG tennis bracelets maybe from Costco.

Any pictures would be great! Fun hunt for sure!!!! :kiss2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t put them together for fear of scratching and because the MOP is in white gold and the malachite in yellow. For me it’s not a good combo. :(

Just in case I misunderstood you, here are pics of my WMOP pieces together. I posted my malachite bracelet separately with emeralds in yellow gold more recently. I might be overthinking what you were asking for. Or under thinking. Idk. Haha

I’m no photographer, esp not when it comes to jewels. I see there is one motif on the bracelet (purchased online from VCA) that looks “dead.” I shouldn’t pay attention to these threads sometimes—now it looks like I have a dud and that’s not the case in person!

IMG_0256.jpeg

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Just in case I misunderstood you, here are pics of my WMOP pieces together. I posted my malachite bracelet separately with emeralds in yellow gold more recently. I might be overthinking what you were asking for. Or under thinking. Idk. Haha

I’m no photographer, esp not when it comes to jewels. I see there is one motif on the bracelet (purchased online from VCA) that looks “dead.” I shouldn’t pay attention to these threads sometimes—now it looks like I have a dud and that’s not the case in person!

IMG_0256.jpeg

Oh my goodness I love this! I love the white metal with the MOP. It looks so ethereal!

I have settled on getting the vintage earrings in this combo. I am confident I can find them, in the short time I have been watching the website I have seen other desirable pieces (like vintage malachite pieces, carnelian, yellow gold and MOP, etc, come and go).

I don’t want a three piece matching set but would like two pieces to wear for special occasions. Would y’all recommend the vintage bracelet or a pendant to complement the earrings? I would prefer the long magic pendant because of the length and options for wear but it doesn’t come in white gold. I hesitate on the bracelet because I never wear any, only my Apple watch on non dominant hand.

What combos do people normally get in the same material? Earrings plus which item?

I hope that makes sense.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0256.jpeg

Honestly none of them look dead. It’s the angle of the pic. This WMOP is full on ice princess glamour.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results