shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Have y’all browsed through Sotheby’s “From the Vault: Exceptional Signed Jewels” auction coming up? So many beautiful pieces, many VCA that I’ve never seen. Here is the link but you can also just google it. @yssie there are gorgeous wood earclips that made me think of you.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Have y’all browsed through Sotheby’s “From the Vault: Exceptional Signed Jewels” auction coming up? So many beautiful pieces, many VCA that I’ve never seen. Here is the link but you can also just google it. @yssie there are gorgeous wood earclips that made me think of you.

I just trawled these listings and really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

Wow - there are some incredible pieces in that auction

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
After over 40 years with my husband, he is still able to surprise me!
We had visited VCA several weeks ago and they just got in the WG Guilloche bracelet the day before. I've been wanting it since it came out, but the timing was never right. Maybe it was meant to be, I couldn't leave without it!
I've owned the WG MOP for several years.
As I have a "thing" about wearing things in three's-He shocked me with the WG Perlee Signature bracelet.
I'm glad he understands my jewelry love :)

IMG_8107 (1).jpg

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After over 40 years with my husband, he is still able to surprise me!
We had visited VCA several weeks ago and they just got in the WG Guilloche bracelet the day before. I've been wanting it since it came out, but the timing was never right. Maybe it was meant to be, I couldn't leave without it!
I've owned the WG MOP for several years.
As I have a "thing" about wearing things in three's-He shocked me with the WG Perlee Signature bracelet.
I'm glad he understands my jewelry love :)

IMG_8107 (1).jpg

Such a great story and what a sweet hubby!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for sharing!! It’s been a wild couple days at work, I’m finally breathing again here.

There were so many versions of “rose de noel” - it’s really interesting, it’s only the most recent incarnation that split the design into RdN and Cosmos! These are all Clematis variants I believe -

IMG_9963.png

IMG_9960.png

IMG_9961.png

And then there’s the smaller Mimi Nerval - a couple folks on the other forum have these in WMOP and onyx!! These look to be about the size of the mini RdN. Bigger than the small Cosmos. These go for 20k+ too, now - old listings from even five years ago have them at 5-10k ;( I’m still hoping for a lucky break one day!!

IMG_9962.png

Crystal_Ngoc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone I'm new here. I love love love VCA and here are some of my pieces

- Carnelian x RG Guilloche vintage bracelet
- YG Guilloche vintage bracelet
- Sweet MOP and Carnelian bracelet (1 motif)
- Mini frivole pendant in YG with diamond

Happy sharing everyone!!

429858262_2286425564897060_4215974552598743762_n.jpeg 431276407_885409819937882_4923786823444726093_n.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy sharing everyone!!

429858262_2286425564897060_4215974552598743762_n.jpeg 431276407_885409819937882_4923786823444726093_n.jpg

Your collection is beautiful!:love:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
IT CAME!!! I ordered the yellow gold guilloche and it came 5 months later!

As predicted I no longer want the white gold and will probably sell it... LOL

Honestly I wore the WG a few times when it first came but i am on a yellow gold kick, I sold my whole engagement ring because i want to redo it in YG LOL

IMG_7533.jpg

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Wearing my mini Frivole in my helix piercing. I really like the mirror finish - when the light hits it just right, the petals light up!

IMG_7097.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg

Also, I got the Frivoles back after the Abu Dhabi boutique told me they’d been lengthened, but I don’t really feel a difference and the posts are the same length as my Sweet Alhambras :confused2: and after collecting them, my husband stuffed them into his bag and one got damaged in transit. These Frivoles have been through a lot :eek2:

IMG_7104.jpeg
(Excuse the dark posts on the Sweet Alhambras, my ear chemistry & wearing them 24/7 has probably caused the discolouration)
IMG_7072.jpeg

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Wearing my mini Frivole in my helix piercing. I really like the mirror finish - when the light hits it just right, the petals light up!

IMG_7097.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg

Also, I got the Frivoles back after the Abu Dhabi boutique told me they’d been lengthened, but I don’t really feel a difference and the posts are the same length as my Sweet Alhambras :confused2: and after collecting them, my husband stuffed them into his bag and one got damaged in transit. These Frivoles have been through a lot :eek2:

IMG_7104.jpeg
(Excuse the dark posts on the Sweet Alhambras, my ear chemistry & wearing them 24/7 has probably caused the discolouration)
IMG_7072.jpeg

This is such a stunning look, but I'm sorry for what your Frivoles went through!

Is that a Dior stud in your conch, too? I've only gone with BVLA jewelry for my 'extra' earrings because of the flat backs but I love that you have these baby studs instead. Do you find the regular earring backs comfortable?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a stunning look, but I'm sorry for what your Frivoles went through!

Is that a Dior stud in your conch, too? I've only gone with BVLA jewelry for my 'extra' earrings because of the flat backs but I love that you have these baby studs instead. Do you find the regular earring backs comfortable?

Thanks! I’m not sure what BVLA is, but if you’re referring to what I wear in my conch piercing specifically, the Diors came with la pousette backs. For me, I don’t think it’s necessarily the backing that makes the difference, but the length of the post.

For example, I wouldn’t wear my Tiffany DBTY in my conch piercing as if I remember correctly, those posts are 9-10mm. Standard VCA posts are (from memory) ~6.5mm, so they don’t poke as much when I sleep in them. The Dior posts are similar in length to VCA and comfortable to wear in both lobe and conch piercings :)

I also have a Maria Tash lightning bolt with a flat back but that is 8mm, and it’s less comfortable for me than the Diors (but we’re splitting hairs here now as I wore the Maria Tash continuously for many months).

But I want to flag that everyone’s ears are different so YMMV!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I immediately thought of this thread when I saw the recent NYT piece about the illegality of "tying" purchases vs. the legality of merely "bundling" them. The former is predicating a purchase on some other purchase(s). In this context, it was the Hermes Birkin but it could just have easily been Rolex or Patek or VCA.

The article made it seem like the suit against Hermes faces an uphill battle because, let's face it, no one actually needs a Birkin (as opposed to food or a utility, say).

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 11.14.52 AM.png

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I’m not sure what BVLA is, but if you’re referring to what I wear in my conch piercing specifically, the Diors came with la pousette backs. For me, I don’t think it’s necessarily the backing that makes the difference, but the length of the post.

For example, I wouldn’t wear my Tiffany DBTY in my conch piercing as if I remember correctly, those posts are 9-10mm. Standard VCA posts are (from memory) ~6.5mm, so they don’t poke as much when I sleep in them. The Dior posts are similar in length to VCA and comfortable to wear in both lobe and conch piercings :)

I also have a Maria Tash lightning bolt with a flat back but that is 8mm, and it’s less comfortable for me than the Diors (but we’re splitting hairs here now as I wore the Maria Tash continuously for many months).

But I want to flag that everyone’s ears are different so YMMV!

Thank you, that's very helpful! BVLA is another brand like Maria Tash that focuses on body jewelry in 14k and 18k gold. I like the idea of shorter posts, I find that they're usually too long for my ears.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy sharing everyone!!

Perfectly instagrammable!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few pics from a recent boutique visit - I actually really liked the new Frivole cluster and the Flowerlace worn together. Totally wild and unexpected (for me) combo! But I confess neither does much for me independently. So at this pricepoint for both - in the wilderness they shall remain (for me) :lol:

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Now Rose de Noel... I can't get enough of it. This is the dreamiest tray :love:

Although I have to say, it's mad how the black earrings look so much smaller than the red. Even though they're exactly the same size. In-person and in the photos - the visual differential was honestly shocking.

I've decided that my next Rose de Noel purchase will be the medium onyx clip. Same size as the GMOP here. Black with yellow gold stamens - I think it'll go beautifully with the Frivole earrings and ring that I've already got. I really wanted to love the GMOP but it's such a cold colour combo, it just didn't suit me at *all*... well, I guess that's why there's the carnelian, an option for each complexion :bigsmile:

1711316564393.jpeg

IMG_0083 copy.jpg

IMG_0066 copy.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More of my new earrings! :bigsmile:

I've figured out that I like them best in either super strong sunlight or in gloomy grey great-for-Tahitian-pearls weather. Indoor evening lighting relentlessly brings out the brown. And when it's that... it's-thinking-about-being-sunny-but-the-clouds-refuse to-totally-go-away... They go brighter brown, which my eyes read as orange :twisted2:

But in strong sunlight they GLOW the same way gold south seas glow :love: And dreary days turn them as red as they can possibly get ❤️ Weather has been lunatic this weekend so I got all the different lighting types :lol:

RDN_1.png

RDN_2.png

RDN_4.png

RDN_3.png

RDN_5.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT CAME!!! I ordered the yellow gold guilloche and it came 5 months later!

As predicted I no longer want the white gold and will probably sell it... LOL

Honestly I wore the WG a few times when it first came but i am on a yellow gold kick, I sold my whole engagement ring because i want to redo it in YG LOL

IMG_7533.jpg
Congratulations!!

But don't let your white go!! You could wear them together!! Or, heck, just stick it in the safe for a few months - or years - until you're SURE you won't ever wear it again! Wait times are going up, that no-order list keeps growing, and price locking is a thing of the past - I'm on a waitlit for a Perlee bangle, paid in full eight months ago and I've been flat out told 2024 is unlikely ;(

It's not hoarding if the scarcity is real!! :lol:;(:wall:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7097.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg
IMG_7072.jpeg

I want you to style my stuff. Like, if I pulled everything from the bank, even if I said the combos have to work with just one piercing per ear cause that’s all I’ve got - I’m very confident you’d come up with combos that I love and that I wouldn’t have thought of. A mix of Shopping Your Closet and Personal Bling Stylist :bigsmile:

Seriously. You mix and match classics and #unexpected so artfully :love:

But your poor Frivole!! Oh my goodness my husband would get an earful, several earfuls ;(;(;( UGH. So what now? Mail out again for re-repair?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I immediately thought of this thread when I saw the recent NYT piece about the illegality of "tying" purchases vs. the legality of merely "bundling" them. The former is predicating a purchase on some other purchase(s). In this context, it was the Hermes Birkin but it could just have easily been Rolex or Patek or VCA.

The article made it seem like the suit against Hermes faces an uphill battle because, let's face it, no one actually needs a Birkin (as opposed to food or a utility, say).

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 11.14.52 AM.png

This has generated eighteen pages of angst on the other forum :lol:

And I have to be honest - I’m finding the discussion there fascinating. I have no law background at all - no clue whether or not the premise is legally reasonable or permissible. But the quorum of members who aren’t troubled by the concept of “prespend”, or who began shopping with Hermes many years ago and eschew the possibility that newer consumers are having very different experiences…

And Van Cleef *is* going the same direction. Yes, to a lesser extent. Yes, with less inventory gerrymandering. But I agree the policies are becoming increasingly unwelcoming to new customers, and to be perfectly blunt I would not want to be new to VCA these days!

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I want you to style my stuff. Like, if I pulled everything from the bank, even if I said the combos have to work with just one piercing per ear cause that’s all I’ve got - I’m very confident you’d come up with combos that I love and that I wouldn’t have thought of. A mix of Shopping Your Closet and Personal Bling Stylist :bigsmile:

Seriously. You mix and match classics and #unexpected so artfully :love:

But your poor Frivole!! Oh my goodness my husband would get an earful, several earfuls ;(;(;( UGH. So what now? Mail out again for re-repair?

Haha OMG, I would pay to play in your jewellery box! What a dream come true!!

The Frivoles will indeed be on their way back for re-repair and lengthening. Actually, I’m highly sceptical they were lengthened because the petals still had dirt/skin marks when I got them back, and I would think VCA cleans their creations after surgery… :confused2:

Whilst it’s completely our fault that the earring got damaged, I did provide feedback to the boutique manager about husband-proofing the creations, perhaps wrapping items in several layers of tissue paper or putting them in a hard case. Actually, the boutique in Beijing gave us this plastic hard case when I received an item back.

99B601FA-B081-431F-BA9C-0F1A26E2D71A.jpeg

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, that's very helpful! BVLA is another brand like Maria Tash that focuses on body jewelry in 14k and 18k gold. I like the idea of shorter posts, I find that they're usually too long for my ears.

I’d definitely recommend trying them on for an extended period if you can. And please show us how you style your multiple ear piercings!

Whilst my conch piercing can take 6.5mm posts for daily wear, my helix piercing cannot for more than a few hours (which is why I want to lengthen the Frivole posts).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This thread... @yssie your collection is made of my dreams. I love your carefully curated pearls and VCA. The Rose de Noel carnelian earrings are perfection. Love them on you. Thanks for sharing pictures for all to enjoy. Who knew they glow in the sunlight?

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

I've figured out that I like them best in either super strong sunlight or in gloomy grey great-for-Tahitian-pearls weather. Indoor evening lighting relentlessly brings out the brown. And when it's that... it's-thinking-about-being-sunny-but-the-clouds-refuse to-totally-go-away... They go brighter brown, which my eyes read as orange :twisted2:

But in strong sunlight they GLOW the same way gold south seas glow :love: And dreary days turn them as red as they can possibly get ❤️ Weather has been lunatic this weekend so I got all the different lighting types :lol:

RDN_1.png

RDN_2.png

RDN_4.png

RDN_3.png

RDN_5.png

your collection is just AMAZING. At my mom's house, my childhood home, my mom has a clematis vine that is 55 years old, so it made me smile when you were posting the different clematis designs

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RDN_1.png

RDN_2.png

RDN_4.png

RDN_3.png

RDN_5.png

I am loving these more and more, especially that last pic.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has generated eighteen pages of angst on the other forum :lol:

And I have to be honest - I’m finding the discussion there fascinating. I have no law background at all - no clue whether or not the premise is legally reasonable or permissible. But the quorum of members who aren’t troubled by the concept of “prespend”, or who began shopping with Hermes many years ago and eschew the possibility that newer consumers are having very different experiences…

And Van Cleef *is* going the same direction. Yes, to a lesser extent. Yes, with less inventory gerrymandering. But I agree the policies are becoming increasingly unwelcoming to new customers, and to be perfectly blunt I would not want to be new to VCA these days!

I was wondering how this may impact VCA…

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha OMG, I would pay to play in your jewellery box! What a dream come true!!

The Frivoles will indeed be on their way back for re-repair and lengthening. Actually, I’m highly sceptical they were lengthened because the petals still had dirt/skin marks when I got them back, and I would think VCA cleans their creations after surgery… :confused2:

Whilst it’s completely our fault that the earring got damaged, I did provide feedback to the boutique manager about husband-proofing the creations, perhaps wrapping items in several layers of tissue paper or putting them in a hard case. Actually, the boutique in Beijing gave us this plastic hard case when I received an item back.

99B601FA-B081-431F-BA9C-0F1A26E2D71A.jpeg

“Husband proofing” :lol:

I mean you aren’t wrong - I haven’t a clue what any of the men I’ve known would do in that scenario but I’m confident I wouldn’t approve…

Sending them out and getting them back unaltered - is so bizarre! What a colossal waste of time and money :confused: Here’s to hoping they come back *fixed* this time!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your collection is just AMAZING. At my mom's house, my childhood home, my mom has a clematis vine that is 55 years old, so it made me smile when you were posting the different clematis designs

:eek-2:And here I can’t keep a potted cactus alive for a season. Which honestly probably explains the overcompensating on florals that can’t unalive themselves :bigsmile: ❤️

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Came across this auction. I think some of our PSers will be interested in some vintages van cleef items.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results