carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor » 10 Mar 2012 14:36

Hi all!

Just wanted to finally share the hubsters new set of old cut earrings. He left them at home while doing some errands. At my place, that means they get cleaned and photographed

I have to thank Uppy and Fortekitty for these stones. They were bought nearly 5 months apart. That's about how long it took to find a stone that matched the first one I bought from Uppy. Fortekitty helped me scour EBay for delicious OEC's. She is a genius!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hubbys-old-cut-diamond-earrings-1-31cttw.172923/

davi.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
InnaR » 13 Mar 2012 15:57

Just wanted to share with you the picture of my new small earrings. I was looking for a pair of small earrings that i can sleep with and walk around without taking them off for weeks.
I trolled ebay, rubylane, etsy and Preloved forum for weeks and finally settled today on this pair of earrings. They have total of .75 and the stones look lovely.
I already paid for the purchase, so I thik i can post the picture. I probably paid a bit too much, but I finally got tired of tying to find a matching pair of .3 or .4 OMCs or OECs and decided to get a package deal

http://www.rubylane.com/item/760445-aje65/Antique-Victorian-European-Cut-75

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-tiny-earrings.173033/

inna.png

MerLine

Rough_Rock
My diamond studs from Brian Gavin Signature. :appl:

2.216 carats, Colour: H, Clarity: SI1
2.211 carats, Colour: H, Clarity: SI1

D.jpg

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MerLine|1332311465|3153334 said:

Woah! I'm wondering if we are gonna see your ears for the studs :naughty:

MerLine

Rough_Rock
chel180|1332315336|3153351 said:
MerLine|1332311465|3153334 said:

Woah! I'm wondering if we are gonna see your ears for the studs :naughty:

My camera isn't all that great (it's ancient) but here is an action shot for you :wink2:

Studs.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D » 21 Mar 2012 23:22

If you don't frequent RT then you may not know the story. I'll relate it here again. The rest of you lot, skip to the photos

For the past three months I have been working on two projects that involved OECs, one was a three stone and the other was looking for OEC studs in the 1cttw range. The projects were supposed to be presents to mark my birthday in April and my fifth anniversary in May!

Both projects needed matched pairs of OECs. Finding matched pairs of OECs is very challenging, and if you want to do it for a steal on ebay, doubly so. I had managed to find a number of OECs but none of them quite matched. I passed two of them along into the bling continuum, and was basically planning to give up entirely, when my last earring attemp stone came in. Like most of my ebay purchases, I bought it based on photos and some vague idea about its size. I was expecting it to match my 5.2mm OEC, but to my shock and surprise, when it appeared it seemed to be a great match for the 0.70ct OEC I had purchased as part of the three stone project!

Once the newest OEC was popped from its mount, its similarity to my 0.70ct was uncanny! The facet patterns are not identical, but the tables, diameters, and crown heights are so similar it is amazing! So even though keeping the pair of larger diamonds basically ate up my budget for both projects I decided these little cuties were not leaving my hands. So the three stone is on hold, I set the matched pair, and voila! Anniversary studs!

I am not sure if these studs are the final home for the twins, but I am enjoying them! It does suck not to see them myself -- studs seem to be bling for *other* people, not for yourself. But I feel very glamourous with these huge blingy earrings! And DH loves. Them.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-accidental-anniversary-oec-studs.173348/

dreamerDa.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi » 20 Mar 2012 07:31

I just received the jackets for my studs that I rabbited on about in my previous thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-earring-jacket-cads-are-here.172447/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-earring-jacket-cads-are-here.172447/[/URL]

They are spectacular! I've never owned ACA diamonds this small before, and man do the little suckers pack a punch!! They are SO white and make my I and J studs look even whiter, I think!!!!

Oh and please excuse the dry blotchy skin, I've just had dance practice and I'm all sweaty and red, and generally quite unattractive!! I'll post some shots when I'm a bit more fresh

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-diamond-jackets-from-whiteflash-are-here.173283/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-diamond-jackets-from-whiteflash-are-here.173283/[/URL]

dandi.png

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful additions! Dreamer........ those are just gorgeous!! :love: :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! After years of stalking this thread I finally have something to contribute!

Here are my new old cut studs! I bought the stones from a local gold dealer for... Nah, I won't say how much I paid because no one would believe me! :lol:

My local jeweller estimated the .42 at H I1 (feather) and the .44 at M SI1 (chip on girdle). I was a bit worried initially that they would be too different to "work" as studs, but after hours spent on this thread and looking at Yssie's pics, I decided to go for it! I initially thought that I would get them done and keep looking for a match to either of the stones, and then when a match magically presented itself I would just have another stud made and turn the non-matching stone into a pendant...

But then I actually saw these on my ears! :love:

The colour difference is negligible, thanks to palladium bezels, and the size difference hardly noticeable at all, especially seeing as it turns out I have lopsided ear piercings. And as for clarity... Well, they live on my ears, and as hard as I try, I can't see them. :( So I can confidently say they are "eye clean"! :lol:

Without further ado...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-86tcw-studs-and-itty-bitty-yellow-diamond-pendant.173684/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-86tcw-studs-and-itty-bitty-yellow-diamond-pendant.173684/[/URL]

colour.JPG

Attachments

• Earshot 1.bmp
    385.1 KB · Views: 6,174

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
phoenixgirl » 07 Apr 2012 14:52

Here is my push present for baby #2 born March 3 - I upgraded my studs. They are 1.18ctw K SI1 Brian Gavin Select H&A studs in yellow gold martini settings. I just happened to be looking a few days before my due date and was able to take advantage of their Leap Day sale (10% off diamonds). These are my first branded H&A stones and my first upgradeable piece of jewelry. Don't know if I will ever take advantage of the upgrade policy but it's fun to know it's there!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-push-present-1-18ctw-yg-bgd-h-a-studs.173958/

pheonixg.png

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations for your baby, and your upgraded studs of course :appl:

They look great on you, are these made to fit the jackets you showed a few posts above? I plan to buy a pair of 1 ctw studs in a couple of months and I'm also thinking of getting myself a pair of jackets. The jackets you got from WF look great on your ears, was wondering what size of studs they were made to fit.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey » 11 Apr 2012 21:43

Many of your remember the Great Jackets caper back a few years ago during which many of us PSers went on a jacket-buying frenzy - I was in that group. It was a fun time, and I really thought it was a one-time event. (Silly me).

However, Cellentani (who wasn't around then and therefore didn't have jackets yet) singlehandedly sparked a new jacket furor. When I saw her new 3-pointer jackets from ID Jewelry, I was SMITTEN and immediately began dreaming up ways to justify them! Mara (never the one to miss anything good) joined in the stampede, too, and we were both fortunate to finally pick them up during our recent NYC trip last week.

These jackets are TO DIE FOR in person - incredibly well cut stones with unbelievably good lobe real estate coverage! All of us have the 3-pointer jackets; mine (and Mara's) both fit 5mm stones.

Knowing these would be ready, I recently sourced these lovely sapphires and had them set while we were there. I also left behind a beautiful pair of tanzanite studs and a pair of mandarin spess studs to fit these too, and my existing tsavorite studs already fit them as well.

(I just saw miss Stargurl78's thread with the pearls - HAVE to get pearl studs too now - dammit!)

These were *incredibly* reasonably priced for the presence they bring, and I've already gotten a TON of compliments on them this week from my non-jewelry friends. Definitely a score! I cannot recommend these highly enough. Poor Yeuketiel is doing well keeping up with the onslaught thus far, I might add, and was the picture of graciousness - didn't even show the slightest amount of fear with 4 crazed PSers standing at his counter! LOL

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-running-of-the-idj-jackets-the-sequel-2012.174138/

alj.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops... wrong thread

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
my 1.08 (.54 each) studs set in a yellow gold martini setting.....the diamonds have a yellow tint to them :)

IMG_1031.jpg

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
Do you have any stats on these stones? I really like them and I have been readin the posts, and I have noticed most diamonds with he arrows are H&A are yours as well? I am trying to learn more for a future purchase. Thank you.

minigirl

Rough_Rock
how beautiful all of your earrings are!

angietime

Rough_Rock
I made these for my mom...did a little photoshop magic!

flowerclusters.jpg flower1.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's my latest pair.

18k-8-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32777_f.jpg

18k-8-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-32777_g.jpg

WF ES .67 ct each, I-SI1.

BIGJOEJGDE

Rough_Rock
stargurl78|1339336980|3213096 said:
My BGD 0.88ctw signature studs. Both are 0.44ct AGS000 F SI1 in 8-prong white gold settings. Jackets are the 3-pointers from IDJ.

new%20studs%20183.jpg

Good size for your ear!..I'm getting a .50ctw K I3 set in 14k yellow gold 4 prong in a few days,hopefully it'll be a good size in my ear.(Pics to come)

BIGJOEJGDE

Rough_Rock
A picture the seller took,i didn't notice that it had some black inclusions until after i bought it..Hopefully it won't be too noticeable when i get it.

batch9_046-thumb_0.jpg

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
My Brian Gavin .9 ctw K/SI1 in the handmade bezels in 18k white gold. I LOVE them! I was worried about the K color being too warm, but they face up really white. I've received so many compliments already!

2012_07_15_ksstuds1.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
KatSullivan|1342421032|3234671 said:
My Brian Gavin .9 ctw K/SI1 in the handmade bezels in 18k white gold. I LOVE them! I was worried about the K color being too warm, but they face up really white. I've received so many compliments already!

Kat, those are so pretty! I thought you might like to see something I have that would go so well with those studs that I also got from BGD. They're either J's or K's (I forget which), and .8something ctw.

2947_briangavin_bezeldrops2b_122011.jpg

9836_briangavin_bezeldrops1b_122011.jpg

BIGJOEJGDE

Rough_Rock
BIGJOEJGDE|1342224337|3233542 said:
A picture the seller took,i didn't notice that it had some black inclusions until after i bought it..Hopefully it won't be too noticeable when i get it.

batch9_046-thumb_0.jpg

.50ctw K I3 14k yellow gold earshot.

ecp_00007.jpg

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
Oh wow Andelain, those are so pretty! Do you find you wear them a lot? I've actually been thinking about contacting Pearl Paradise and getting some pearl drops made. But diamonds are even better! :love: I'm also thinking about getting the famous IDJ 3pter jackets for my studs. Can you imagine? Jackets and drops? Or both at the same time? droool!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
KatSullivan|1342478070|3235016 said:
Oh wow Andelain, those are so pretty! Do you find you wear them a lot? I've actually been thinking about contacting Pearl Paradise and getting some pearl drops made. But diamonds are even better! :love: I'm also thinking about getting the famous IDJ 3pter jackets for my studs. Can you imagine? Jackets and drops? Or both at the same time? droool!

I wear them some, not all the time. Right now I'm on a kick of just wearing my largest pair of studs by themselves.

Oh, and the 'both' idea sounds great! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results