shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezelpalooza-earring-and-necklace-re-set.164354/

PortlandKelly » 14 Aug 2011 23:41
It's been a loooong time since I posted. Boy have I missed this forum! I've have a few resets and wanted to come back to share them.

Necklace, reset #1: my grandmother's engagement diamond made into a necklace. You can see my original thread by clicking here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/palladium-platinum-in-grandmas-rings.108458/ . Specs: SI1, I color, .53 carat.

Earrings, reset #2: 15 year-old diamond studs that used to be in a regular prong setting, along with a couple of loose diamonds I had from taking apart an old necklace. Specs: VS2, H color, .2/.15 for big/small rounds (I think?).

Attachments

• port.bmp
    778.2 KB · Views: 4,424

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving those double diamond bezels

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My .33CTW Kwiats G/H SI1
file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut » 21 Aug 2011 16:50
So I traded in my ACA's from WF (.81ctw) along with a larger, lesser quality pair of diamond studs for a pair of 1.42 ctw studs from one of my new favorite jewelers in Florida. These new studs give my ACA's a run for the $ and then some. Totally eye clean and very loupe clean SI1's to VS2 (maybe better!) G, H 5.5mm and one was 5.7mm. I can totally see the arrows in them. They are beautifully cut and what I love about this transactions is that the jeweler gave me full price of what I paid for my ACA's and the other studs and I didn't have to pay a dime more! I wear my diamond studs more than any piece of jewelry I own and have been wanting to upgrade for quite some time but I would have broken the bank otherwise in doing so!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-42-ctw-upgraded-diamond-studs-and-rhr.164667/

Attachments

• cush.bmp
    740 KB · Views: 4,312

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut » 21 Aug 2011 16:12
I posted these in the pear clubs thread and I was requested to start my own. These are handmade, 18kyg with 18wg around the .52ctw pears that where provided by me. So glad I had them sitting in my jewelry box waiting to be adorned. They turned out perfect. The details, craftmanship on these are sheer artistry. Scott Schreiber is truly a talented jewelery designer.

Photos courtesy of Scott- a talented photographer too!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/as-requested-handmade-s-schreiber-earrings.164663/

Attachments

• cush1.bmp
    723.8 KB · Views: 4,298

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this .68ct Old Cut from a PS'er and decided it needed a temporary home, a 6 prong 14kt Stuller screw back. The stone itself is 5.45(ish)

341457_504962141005_134400018_30059006_4459570_o.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amy for adding my new additions. Here is an earshot of my new studs for those who don't want to go through the whole thread. I love seeing everyone's gorgeous earrings!! IMO, I think everyone should have diamond studs in there jewelry wardrobe! :appl:

Florida in August 2011 081.JPG

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
1 ctw studs in 3 prong martini by BGD, G VS2

DSCN1004.JPG

DSCN0998.JPG

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
wow renogirl those are great! You should definitely do your own post of those.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I'm saving for studs at the moment... no idea what size to get, though. I might need to start doing paper cutouts to check mm sizes. :bigsmile:

ETA: What I really meant to say was, great inspiration thread. :)

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
.303ct E SI1 Brian Gavin Signature H&A
.302ct E SI1 Brian Gavin Signature H&A
5566 Platinum Handmade Milgrain Bezel Studs
***SPECIAL: La Pousette Backs

BrianGavin_Milgrain1b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Milgrain2b_083111.jpg

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1313960252|2995894 said:
cushioncutnut » 21 Aug 2011 16:50
So I traded in my ACA's from WF (.81ctw) along with a larger, lesser quality pair of diamond studs for a pair of 1.42 ctw studs from one of my new favorite jewelers in Florida. These new studs give my ACA's a run for the $ and then some. Totally eye clean and very loupe clean SI1's to VS2 (maybe better!) G, H 5.5mm and one was 5.7mm. I can totally see the arrows in them. They are beautifully cut and what I love about this transactions is that the jeweler gave me full price of what I paid for my ACA's and the other studs and I didn't have to pay a dime more! I wear my diamond studs more than any piece of jewelry I own and have been wanting to upgrade for quite some time but I would have broken the bank otherwise in doing so!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-42-ctw-upgraded-diamond-studs-and-rhr.164667/

Smart you. They are gorgeous.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubybeth » 07 Sep 2011 16:26

Diamonds are not from Brian Gavin, but settings are his 18k bezels. Both stones are both 5mm, and VS2-SI1 in clarity. One of the diamonds is maybe a transitional cut (or a modern round brilliant, possibly) with a very tiny cutlet that can only be seen with 10x+ magnification. It was sold to her as G/H in color but she thinks closer to I/J. The other is a modern round brilliant with a small feather that is visible from the underside but it cannot be seen face-up. This diamond was sold to her as J in color, but she said it looks more like a K/L. Both diamonds look very clear and white to my (admittedly terribly blind) eye.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/feeling-spoiled-1ctw-bgd-bezel-studs.165360/

Attachments

• ruby.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 3,983

MdF

Rough_Rock
As a birthday gift to myself, I'm replacing .5tcw four prong dull duds with .5 or .6tcw **super sparkly** studs in a bezel setting. They'll be my everyday, casual wear pair.

Here's the question: how thick is the bezel? Based on your experience, which vendor has the thinnest / more delicate bezels? ID Jewelry, WF, BGD, another? I have smallish lobes....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie » 18 Sep 2011 22:18
For some time now I've been looking for a pair of old cut stones with which to make a new pair of studs. I acquired one several weeks ago, but finding it a mate proved more difficult than I expected. Finally, after multiple failed attempts, I am delighted to have found another beauty

Some of you may remember my old stud stones Chunky and Lopsy from early last year. They are beautiful, and I adore the 8prong martini settings which Bliss inspired me to choose:
(drool warning! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cocktail-hour-2-16-tcw-studs-reset-into-8-prong-martinis.133892/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cocktail-hour-2-16-tcw-studs-reset-into-8-prong-martinis.133892/[/URL])

But... I've found that I hardly ever wear them - I wear a much smaller pair daily, and reach for larger pieces for events. I'm looking forward to making these little guys my new fancy earring staples They'll be going into 8prong martinis just like before, and Chunky and Lopsy will be re-homed in a five-stone band for my mum.

One is 6.65-6.7mm, the other is 6.7-6.8*

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-studs-are-growing-up-t165839.html

yssie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s » 11 Oct 2011 22:11
After weeks of lusting over this stunning pair of studs, and after much gentle nudging by my wonderful hubby, I finally got over my inertia and snapped up these earrings. I've been drooling over old cuts for a while now, and I have to say, they are most definitely worth all the hype. The chunky faceting is mesmerizing, and the fire they exude is nothing like I've seen before. I also have to say, Grace from JbEG was such a delight to work with - I can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Stats on the stones:
Colour: J/K color (look as white as my G/H coloured e-ring)
Clarity: Initially incorrectly listed as SI, but JbEG's internal appraiser had actually marked them as a VS
Measurements: 6.15 x 6.20mm and 6.5 x 6.10mm

I'm going to shut my trap now and let the pictures do the rest of the talking

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jbeg-1-72ct-oec-martini-studs.166903/

Attachments

• kama.bmp
    648.7 KB · Views: 3,585

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kal2021 » 19 Oct 2011 13:34
These were a wedding day gift from my DH (married in July, just getting around to posting); he had his brother/best man deliver them to me while I was getting ready along with a love letter that almost made me ruin my makeup!
They are approx .60 ctw for the pair; BGD Signature F/G VS melee. Super white and sparkly. They looked perfect in our wedding pictures and are great for everyday wear!
First the glamour shots from BGD:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-graduated-diamond-huggies.167186/

Attachments

• kal1.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,495
  • kal2.bmp
    405.1 KB · Views: 3,480

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeweln » 21 Oct 2011 18:13
Hello Psers,
after Jill S & lbbaber gave their excellent reviews about ID jewelry huggies ,I decided to order a pair .I ordered 2 ctw in 18 Kt WG .they arrived today .they are very white & sparkly and eyeclean ,I took cool fire pics of them .I was very happy until I put them on ! the diamonds only show from the side view ,the front view only shows the hoops themselves ,diamonds barely showing . so calling all huggie owners ,is this a problem with you too ?

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/idj-huggies-t167278.html

Attachments

• jewln.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 6,239

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my beautiful BGD martini studs in WG. I impulsively decided that these would make me a much better human being if I was the proud owner of 2 J BGD signature H&A diamonds! .44 VS2 and .43 SI1.

When I picked them up I was AMAZED at how bright, white and sparkly the J stones were! They were on fire in the sunlight! I am so very happy with my new earrings and I haven't taken them off except to clean them. Jamie and Denise were a real joy to work with and the whole selection and shipping process went very smoothly.

Ah! Diamonds just make the world a nicer place :appl: :appl:

BGDmartini1.jpg

BGDmartini2.jpg

IMG_0918.JPG

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1319492172|3046852 said:
Here are my beautiful BGD martini studs in WG. I impulsively decided that these would make me a much better human being if I was the proud owner of 2 J BGD signature H&A diamonds! .44 VS2 and .43 SI1.

When I picked them up I was AMAZED at how bright, white and sparkly the J stones were! They were on fire in the sunlight! I am so very happy with my new earrings and I haven't taken them off except to clean them. Jamie and Denise were a real joy to work with and the whole selection and shipping process went very smoothly.

Ah! Diamonds just make the world a nicer place :appl: :appl:

These are beautiful! Love love love that size :love: one day...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• peri.bmp
    753.8 KB · Views: 6,159

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
frankiextah » 25 Oct 2011 00:28
A month ago I decided to trade in my 0.68ctw F VS1 studs (also by BGD) to upgrade to slightly blingier 1ctw studs for daily wear. the original setting was screwbacks and the posts hurt my ears every time i put them on and removed them. it also took forever to screw them on securely... so this time around i am trying ones with la poussette backs.

i have Phoenix to thank for walking me through this selection process !

Initially i was settled for J colored studs thinking they should be white enough for the given size, but since i have actually never seen J colored stones in real life, Phoenix just knew i would not be happy with them and talked me out of it with more options on BGD's website... I saw another pair of F colored ones (out of budget), then changed my mind to G colored ones (still out of budget), and eventually gravitated towards a pair of E colored SI1's (within the higher end of my budge), and even had these E colored ones on hold. then the night before i was supposed to remit payment, I spotted a newly added pair of H color VS2's on the website, well within my budget, with a great combination of color and clarity (white enough for this size and mind clean)... I immediately requested for them !

I had been working with the wonderful Jamie throughout this process, who was awesome in terms of answering my many questions, and was patient with me while i changed my mind several times on the diamonds.

the earrings are now completed and I should be receiving them on Thursday !

here are the diamonds:

0.516ct H VS2
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104054189035&utm_source=diamondse&utm_medium=search&utm_term=AGS-104054189035&utm_campaign=Diamond%2BListing

0.514ct H VS2
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104054189034&utm_source=diamondse&utm_medium=search&utm_term=AGS-104054189034&utm_campaign=Diamond%2BListing

Setting is 4-prong platinum with la poussette backs. I will see how i like these special backs !

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-1-03ctw-h-vs2-rb-diamond-studs.167402/

frankie.jpg

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Yellow gold bezel studs, .79 total, F/G from ID Jewelry. They sit flush. Yukutiel was lovely - these were exactly what I wanted.

rsz_1studs[1].JPG

Cancervive

Rough_Rock
I just purchased these 1.43 ctw (.71 and. 72) for an insane price. I'm still pinching myself! Turns out the seller needed the money for personal expenses and she started low with no reserve. It was a huge risk for me to take as she had NEVER sold an item before. Yikes!
THis is an auction pic, I wasn't sure what to expect except she had an appraisal for SI, H-I studs.

When I received them last week, I was blown away by the sparkle and I can see some arrows too! Woot woot!
I immediately had them reset in Stuller 22641 3-prong with cute little heart earring backs 24203.

514329984_o.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0848.jpg

IMAG0853.jpg

Cancervive

Rough_Rock
Here's an ear shot. Wish it was day so I can take a sunny picture.

050.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mili-Lani » 12 Nov 2011 05:34 OMG I just typed in the diamond specs and but my window closed….argh. Now I realized I can find the GIA reports online doh!

Ok here we go again. Quick summary – 2.42ctw diamond studs in a white gold four prong martini settings. Setting and one stone from GOG and the other stone from BGD.

Jonathan is great to work with. This is my second transaction with Jonathan. A few years ago we bought an eightstar and he is still the same if not better - attention to detail, passionate about diamonds, willing to bend over backwards for the customer. I remember one of my calls with him and it was just to inquire about the diamond. He didn't rush me, answered all my questions and more, told me to hold while he looked at the stone under the microscope, etc. This is why I wouldn't hesitate working with him in the future and the reason why two of my friends got their erings from him.

I also loved working with Denise. She is very personable. I contacted her after I found the stone from GOG and she kept an eye out for me. I contacted several other vendors but the stones they came back to me didn't have the specs and/or the right price. When you talk to Denise it's like you're best friends. She remembers every little detail about what you talked about before. She also works long hours, I remember getting an email from her into the wee hours of the morning. If I was in TX, we would be BFFs and talk about diamonds all day long.

Stone 1: GOG http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8516/
1.18ct JI1 6.79 - 6.81 x 4.19mm
AGS Cut Grade:Ideal
AGS Light Performance:Ideal
Optical Symmetry:Superior
Polish:Ideal
Symmetry:Ideal
Fluorescence:None
Lab Report:AGSLab Report #:104052929004
Width Percentage:56.34%
Depth Percentage:61.82%
Crown ∠:34.53°Crown
Depth:15.04%
Pavilion ∠:40.82°
Pavilion Depth:43.11%

Stone 2: BGD sorry I don't have the link =( - Denise if you could send it to me I will update this post!
GIA1132020161 1.23 K SI1
Measurements: 6.86 - 6.89 x 4.24 mm
Carat Weight: 1.23 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I recently had a baby and decided it’s about time to get some new bling. I originally wanted this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8472 but it got snatched up. Then I saw some stones on BGD they were perfect. But two bad things happened - The first, I didn't act fast enough and someone bought one of the stones and then in the same day, diamond prices jumped. I could have purchased one stone but I really wanted to buy a pair. Some time has passed and I just couldn't find matching pairs so I found the stone on GOG but again I waited too long and it was snatched up. So when I saw stone 1 listed above I acted fast.

So onto the pics. Shoot. I was attaching pics but didn't realize that 4 was the max.

Anyways, I have some 1.2ctw 3 prong martinis but am so in love with these. I like the added security of the 4 prongs. I like how they can sit close to my ear. I like how the basket setting looks when I see the setting but when I wear basket settings it just doesn't look right in my ears. Sarah at GOG recommended these and I never seen them before. I did a PS search and one person had these. I don't know how I missed that thread. I'm usually a lurker but with a baby, my internet browsing has diminished.

I'll try to upload more pics.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-2-42ctw-studs-in-4-prong-martinis-from-gog-and-bgd.168139/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-2-42ctw-studs-in-4-prong-martinis-from-gog-and-bgd.168139/[/URL]

Attachments

• mili.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 5,908
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results