shape
carat
color
clarity

Cocktail Hour! 2.16 tcw Studs Reset into 8-Prong Martinis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I'll drink to that! Cocktail hour, everyone! Drink up!
31.gif

Only PSers can admit that they are nuts about settings. First, I had 3-prong martinis. Felt they sank into my ear too much and disappeared. Then I reset them into plat Vatche 4-prong basket settings. And THEN I fell in love with the 8-prong martini settings! They just looked like buttercups and the wire was so delicate.

I e-mailed Yekutiel at ID Jewelry yesterday afternoon to see if he had any. Right away, he e-mailed back yes! Within an hour after I dropped them off, they were in my ears!
30.gif

Here's my review of 8-prong wire settings:
The prongs look HUGE in these macro photos, but they are so delicate and fairy-like IRL. I love the way they cup the diamond. They sit on the ear beautifully. Finally! They pop, but still sit flat. It's the perfect hybrid between the 3-prong martinis, which came to a point and disappeared into my ear/stretched the holes and the 4-prong basket setting, which I felt popped out too much and drooped sometimes. These sit up straight and float on the ear... They never droop and I love how the 8-prongs make the stones look bigger!

The strangest side effect is that they also make the diamond sparkle much more. I don't understand why, but Yekutiel and I noticed that right away. Maybe it's the tiny prongs outlining the stone? Is it the way the metal cups the back? I have no idea. I also like how the prongs frame each stone so that they don't "disappear" in my ears. To me, it's the perfect compromise between bezel and prong set. Also, it's a hybrid between martini and basket settings. It's just made for me, I guess!

On the ear:

8prongers19.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Head on and profile with jumbo friction backs.

8prongers4.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Another of the profile!
18.gif

8prongers6.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This one shows how open the back is...

8prongers9.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
In macro, the prongs look HUGE! Ha! On the ear, you can barely see them. They''re kind of like a glimmer.

8prongers12.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
The backs curve in so that they sit up straight on the ear. They "float" on my ears. I loved the look of the 3-prong martinis but the back came to a point and went into my ear holes. They went in too far and didn''t pop on my ears. These are rounded so they don''t do that yet they act like martinis, too.

8prongers13.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot! They sit really flat on the ears. I didn't push in the backs far enough in this shot.
Another plus is, I can put them on without smudging the stones! The wires around it help you grip without touching the diamonds. Crazy that this would even occur to me, bc I must be nutso!

8prongers15.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ooof, I should have done my hair before I took these photos.

Sorry!
35.gif
Eeek!

Last one, thanks for looking & hope it helped anyone looking for new settings!

ENABLERS UNITE!
31.gif

8prongers20.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Bliss, I love them!!!! They are perfect!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bella! You know, I woke up today and thought, "I have to post pics bc Bella will want to see them!"

Hahahahahaha! The mind is a crazy thing!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Love them!
30.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it Bliss! I wanted to see this eight prong martini setting! and I absolutely adore them
30.gif
my next favorite setting! next to a bezel of course
11.gif
and they absolutely look amazing on your ears!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooooo - I luv ''em!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Mwhahahahah
11.gif
Of course you had to post pics so Bella could see them
27.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, thanks!!! I saw a few PSers get the 8-prong martinis and I was intrigued. I love how they're unique and kind of have a vintage feel to them. When I told Yekutiel I'd never seen them in person before, he laughed because he said they were one of the oldest settings around from the days of yore! LOL Who knew? Even 3-prong martinis are unique IRL because so many people have basket settings. When I had 3-prong martinis, so many people would ask me where I got them because they'd never seen studs lie so flat! Go figure!

Lilac, thank you so much! I really am loving these. I think I'm done! OK, I always say that but this time... I think I'm done! Hahahahaha. For now.

D&T, thanks!!!! Ohhh, you know I love bezels. Are you tempting me again?
31.gif
Can I borrow yours?

motownmama, thanks! They are different, eh? I feel like I should go shopping for some vintage dresses to match these! Ha! DH is going to walk in and say, "Why does it smell like mothballs in here?!"

Bella! I did! When I woke up, I just thought..."Bella will be waiting!" Hahahahahaha! Crazy, right? And then I sent over some baby dust! Hey, what is the ETA of your bezel leverbacks? They're going to send everyone into a frenzy... including ME! When when when when when? Do you walk around dreaming of them and imagining them on? 'Fess up!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are TDF! I love the tiny 8 prongs! The profile is amazing.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Laila, thanks! I love the profile, too! Thanks! Initially, I was afraid the 8 prongs would overwhelm the stones like a Venus flytrap snarfing down a fly! Snarf! But the prongs are so small, they enhance the stones a lot - they make them look bigger & rounder.
31.gif
Macro shots are dreadful for these types of settings, though! Snarf! Ha!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Miss Bliss, I think your diamonds look wonderful in their new homes! They are lovely settings and they look great on your ears. Venus fly-trap! LOL!! Not at all. Just gorgeous.

How did you ever get such clear ear lobe shots? I''ve only done it once and it was so darned hard to do and the resulting pics weren''t that great.

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
very pretty! i would have thought that 8 prongs would overwhelm a stone but they look fantastic! the prongs are so delicate! congrats!!
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they look so great Bliss!! Great choice!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *really* like those settings!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This reminds me of a drop of water splashing up and creating that beaded effect. LOL They're very princess-y.

gemgirl, thank you! BE STILL MY HEART. What kind of stone is that in your avatar?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It's gorgeous! What is that? I've never seen anything like it! To get some clear ear shots, I hold a small makeup compact up so that I can see the shot in my camera. My digi shows the shot in the back of the camera so I can see it before I snap. But even with that feature, I still have to weed out some blurry ones. It's not easy and I don't even think I do a great job so thank you!

canada_ham, what an awesome screen name. Thanks! I thought 8 prongs would crowd the stone, too. I was worried until I saw the finished product in person. They are delicate and like little pinpoints IRL. I would never have tried them unless I'd seen a review from Mara. She went to WF and reviewed them and said they were really pretty and delicate IRL. Since I basically love everything she likes in terms of jewelry, I knew it was worth a shot! Thank goodness Yekutiel had them, too.

Steph, thank you! Of course, you have the greatest jewels of all! So happy for you!!!!!

8prongerscu.JPG

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I love those settings! Very beautiful

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
clgwli, thank you! I love your e-ring! Hello, gorgeous!!!!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are fabulous! The size looks perfect on your ears!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
To compare, here are the 3-prong martinis!

3prongers1.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think the 8 teenier prongs make the stones look much bigger than the 3 bigger prongs on the ear. The eye is drawn to the rounder shape. I did love the nakedness of the 3-prong martinis, though! They sank into my ear holes, though.
6.gif

3prongers2.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
And the 4-prong Vatche basket settings...

basketprongers.JPG

Burk

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results