shape
carat
color
clarity

Cocktail Hour! 2.16 tcw Studs Reset into 8-Prong Martinis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful!! I love them!
36.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Luv ''em!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great resets!

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely beautiful!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

''nuff said.
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
icekid, thank you!!!! Dust dust dust to us, right?
36.gif
Make sure you get some MAZAL earrings! LOL And take a camera to show us the goodies!

kittybean, LOVE LOVE LOVE your e-ring.
30.gif
Thank you so much for posting - I love seeing your avatar.

chiquitapet, thanks so much! I am actually loving them more as time goes on!

Luckyshe, thank you! Halo sister! Gorgeous collection!

SHARON! Canuk-gal, thanks!!! I think you have impeccable taste, so that is a huge compliment coming from you. Thanks!!! Took me enough tries to get the perfect settings for my weirdo ears, eh?
31.gif
Sure was a fun journey. Can't speak for Yekutiel, but I had a blast!

Dani, THANK YOU!!!! (HUGS)

luv2sparkle, thank you! I get such a kick out of them! The other day, DH and I took a photo together and they were going nuts in the photo! I think they're as happy as I am with the new setting.

jjc, thank you!!! So funny how something as small as a setting can make such a big difference!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it''s easy to take photos and sometimes it''s near impossible!

It''s like going shopping - some days everything you try on is awesome. Other days, not one thing you try on will do! Today was one of those days! Sorry about the substandard shots. These give maybe a better idea of perspective from far away.

zuzz1.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

zuzz2.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a good photographer today!

zuz7.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the blurry photos! I promised more pics, but I am failing miserably at getting them in focus today!
41.gif

zuz8.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - good for you for not settling until you found the perfect settings for you! The 8 prong martinis seem like the perfect compromise, and from your newly posted pictures, they really do make the studs look bigger than your previous 3 and 4 prong settings! They look really fabulous on you, and you have such beautiful hair! So happy for you!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
jill... I have no idea what you just wrote bc I was mesmerized by your diamond. That is a sparklebomb!
30.gif
Something about studs...eh? Hubba hubba... that rock is just crazy. Wow. OK, I'm paying attention now! LOL

Thanks! Oh, you are so nice to write that about my hair bc I was looking at my pics thinking, "Geez, I could have used a brush or something!"

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Bliss:

I love all those prongs--really makes the stones POP! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond Lover Girl

Rough_Rock
Trade
These are the most beautiful settings I have ever seen! I actually joined this page so I could ask you some tips on your beautiful studs. I have a pair of 2.08 studs set in a 4 prong basket and I love these diamonds but they tend to drop down and it really does drive me crazy. I was wondering if you had the same problems with yours when you had the basket setting and has it been resolved since you put them in the new setting? If so, I am going to have mine reset. For years I wore studs that were 1.10 in the basket setting and they were perfect, but when I upgraded to my new pair.. I have been very disapointed.. I put my 1 carats into a bangle bracelet that look like the Tiffany Teardrop bangle and some days I wished I never upgraded.

I just think your earrings are to die for! Any advice on how you like them would be wonderful!

Thank you so much for posting pics too.. I will have to show them to my jewerly guy.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Bliss, you have the most lovely diamonds. Your studs, and e-ring, and pendant worn all together is such a classy set!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a nice surprise! I hadn't seen this thread in a while - that's how happy I am with the settings.
30.gif
Thank you for all the kind comments!

Diamond Lover Girl - I love love love this setting. And I have had all 3 settings on these diamonds: the 3-prong martini, the 4-prong basket Vatche and now the 8-prong martini.

The 8-prong martini wins hands down. They never ever droop - whether I have my backs on loosely or tightly. I think they look even prettier when my backs are not in so tight! And the plus side is, while you have the benefit of a non-droopy martini, these will *never* make your ear hole bigger. They're cupped in the back and so comfy. I love the tiny tiny prongs, which make the diamonds look bigger and the profile is to die for. I agree, you should get yours reset!!!! 2.08 is a lovely amazing gorgeous size!!!! Show those babies off! Get Yekutiel from ID Jewelry to send them to your jeweler if you'd like. I just saw him today to get sized for a ring and he said he's getting so many calls for his 8-prong martinis! Very unique! Get Yekutiel to send them to your jeweler because you really want the 8 prongs to be teeny tiny and fairy like, like skinny wires cupping each stone. He will make sure they're not expensive!
36.gif
Can't wait to see them!

Dreamer, THANK YOU!!! You have such lovely exquisite taste and an amazing collection. Thank you so much...that means a lot coming from you!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad that someone commented on your gorgeous earrings Bliss, because it brought this thread back up to the top again. Ya'' know, they look a heck of a lot bigger than 1.08 each! That eight prong martini is just stunning.

I''ve been kind of excited at the thought of visiting Yekutiel at I.D. during the NYC get together. He''s been turning out such gorgeous pieces for so many ladies. We''re going to be like kids in a candy store!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gemgirl! Ohhhh, you ladies are going to have SO much fun. Yekutiel is a BLAST! Hahaha! Part of the reason why I keep going back there is, I love his family and staff! They are so much fun. I hope you ladies stay warm!!!!
36.gif
Thank you so much for the kind words. The settings really make the stones look bigger! Ack, I''m getting distracted by your avatar again.... *drool*

zaq12

Rough_Rock
wow! i love the new settings! so much that i think i''m going to change mine as well- i have 4 prong martinis and not only to they sink into my ears- they''re impossible to keep clean- does anyone else have this problem?

Also, just called id- think i''ll head there next week!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hi Zaq12! Ohhhh, you will never look back! And the stones get more oomph & look rounder. You won't regret it! They really make the diamonds look bigger but in a very subtle way. Yekutiel will have the new settings for you within an hour and you'll be rockin' those new studs! The other good thing about this setting is, you never touch the stones. Since the tiny wires cradle the stones, when you put them on or take them off, you're always touching wires not diamonds! Woot woot. Take lots of pics!!!
36.gif
What size studs are you resetting? So excited for you!

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
What a great size
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif
! Love 6-prongs, it looks so good on you. Your stunning earrings make me want to upgrade my studs

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, very very cool, and beautiful!

Diamond Lover Girl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Bliss, thank thank you so much for the wonderful information!!!! I am just so excited now :)

And I agree with everyone you have an amazing collection!! Great taste and I love the pendant too!

Oh, how do I contact him would it be through phone or email? If you have the information that would be wonderful!! The faster I get this done the better ":):)

Have a wonderful night!!!!!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 11:04:29 AM
Author:Bliss
I e-mailed Yekutiel at ID Jewelry yesterday afternoon to see if he had any. Right away, he e-mailed back yes! Within an hour after I dropped them off, they were in my ears!
30.gif

Yekutiel is a great guy. Those 8 prongs look fantastic!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m just going to wait to see which settings you keep for good, so I don''t go through all the settings. I would go into ID Jewelry every week if I didn''t across the nation.

I love the new settings. I think it makes them POP. I''m just worried about whether the backs would sei flush on my fat earlobes. What to do, what to do????

For now, I''ll just stare at your studs (that sounds scandalous).
35.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I still love these!!!! They are so pretty and elegant, but a little unique, plus they''re comfy...the perfect trifecta of earring awesomeness:)

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Those earring are gorgeous!!
30.gif
Looks perfect on you and I love the 8-prong martini!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously want a pair!
31.gif

Now look what you started Miss Bliss!
2.gif
Yekutiel must be thrilled!

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:11:48 AM
Author: Laila619
I seriously want a pair!
31.gif

Now look what you started Miss Bliss!
2.gif
Yekutiel must be thrilled!
I spoke to Yekutiel earlier in the week about uprgrading my studs to 1ctw and setting them in the 8 prong martini. His reply: ''you mean like Bliss?''. Oh yeah, that''s exactly what I mean !!!

Bliss I think your earrings are G
30.gif
RGE
30.gif
US. I admire your entire collection and would love to see you start a thread on your diamond cross necklace (even if it is a PITA to clean)! If the 8 prong martini setting is a keeper for you I think Yekutiel should name it "Bliss".

Can you tell me a bit about the friction backs you are using; do all friction backs looks like discs?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results