shape
carat
color
clarity

Cocktail Hour! 2.16 tcw Studs Reset into 8-Prong Martinis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
These were very pretty but I missed the "flat" setting of the martinis, believe it or not! It was almost perfect, so I was looking for something that floated like a martini, but didn't disappear into my lobes. I have no idea why I had such OCD with these studs. I never experienced this with any of my other jewelry! It was like Goldilocks syndrome!

basketprongers2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW Bliss, they are absolutely stunning. I love the setting, sooooo pretty. Enjoy!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I was about to ask the size of the stones (spacing out that you had mentioned that info in your title.) They look a lot bigger than 1.06 each!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I really like the 8 prong martini. Once I can actually afford studs I will definitely remember something like this!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They are SO pretty!!!!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
They are just gorgeous, and I love how they sit and look on your ear... beautiful
30.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
very very pretty!!!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
they look great!
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful reset Bliss!!!
36.gif

It does give them a "new" personality - in a very good way of course!
9.gif

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look amazing! The prongs really do look very small on your ears. I love the look.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I LOVE them!!! The 8 prongs are so delicate, and give the diamond a beautiful shape!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic Bliss!!!

Those delicate prongs really highlight the roundness, and they really do look bigger in pics
31.gif
... and the studs definitely have "profile" - no sparkly stickies with those!!

30.gif
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they are beautiful! LOVE.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you Bliss! I love the 8-prong setting! It really makes a difference. Soooooo drool-worthy.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE them!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-they''re gorgeous! I love the front view of the prongs, the basket view, everything! Not to mention how gorgeously huge they look on you! YUM!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh bliss! my word!

these are gorgeous! i love the 8 prongs - it seems to give them an elegant sort of balance, and it *really* shows off those stunners!

your earring collection is nothing to sneeze at, missy!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
these are stunning! and may be my favorite stud setting ever. i have the 3 prong martini and i love them and all, but it does drive me a tiny bit bonkers that they are always facing a different way. 8 prongs would eliminate that + make the stone look bigger, and who doesn''t love that?! well done!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss, your 8 prongs are fantastic! So happy you have found the right setting for those gorgeous stones.
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
They came out gorgeous. I like how they lay flat against the ears. I also have an 8 prong set earrings. But yours are twice my size. We need more pictures!
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss,

The new settings are
30.gif
and they do make the diamonds look BIGGER!! YAY to that!!
36.gif

Ditto the request for more pics.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 11:11:48 AM
Author: Bliss
Ooof, I should have done my hair before I took these photos.

Sorry!
35.gif
Eeek!

Last one, thanks for looking & hope it helped anyone looking for new settings!

ENABLERS UNITE!
31.gif
HOLY CRAPOLI! Talk about ear coverage! Soooooo beautiful Bliss!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love 8 prong settings! They look amazing!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 12:51:18 PM
Author: Bliss
This reminds me of a drop of water splashing up and creating that beaded effect. LOL They''re very princess-y.

gemgirl, thank you! BE STILL MY HEART. What kind of stone is that in your avatar?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s gorgeous! What is that? I''ve never seen anything like it! To get some clear ear shots, I hold a small makeup compact up so that I can see the shot in my camera. My digi shows the shot in the back of the camera so I can see it before I snap. But even with that feature, I still have to weed out some blurry ones. It''s not easy and I don''t even think I do a great job so thank you!

canada_ham, what an awesome screen name. Thanks! I thought 8 prongs would crowd the stone, too. I was worried until I saw the finished product in person. They are delicate and like little pinpoints IRL. I would never have tried them unless I''d seen a review from Mara. She went to WF and reviewed them and said they were really pretty and delicate IRL. Since I basically love everything she likes in terms of jewelry, I knew it was worth a shot! Thank goodness Yekutiel had them, too.

Steph, thank you! Of course, you have the greatest jewels of all! So happy for you!!!!!
You''re so sweet for noticing! That''s my new 7mm cushion cut Tanzanite. It''s precision cut in such a way that it sparkles and twinkles, and even though it''s not quite as dark as I would have liked it, I''m keeping it because it''s so unique and pretty. I have a few other Tanzis and none of them have the brightness and sparkle that this one has.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
out of all the settings, i LOVE the newest one best. i think it is the symmetrical look of it all.

beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! You ladies are the best!!!!!

Dreamer, you are always so kind. How''s the icy white G? Are you loving it!??? I have to confess, when I saw it - I mentally thought about upgrading my studs to a higher color!
30.gif
Ohhh, your sparkler is phenomenal!

Maisie! Thank you! Your lil'' bub is SO cute in the snow! You are so lucky!!!!

Burk! You have the best gems of all, so thank you! Congrats on your pregnancy, your belly is soooo pretty!

Kayleigh! Thank you! I adore all of your pieces and they are significant pieces - so thank you! That is a huge compliment coming from you!

lknvrb4 - Thank you! Love your RING!!!
30.gif
What a profile!

MC, thanks! I''m so glad you like them because you are such a lady! In my mind, you''re like Audrey Hepburn with classic pieces in ladylike sizes so that is a really nice thing to hear from you. Of course, with your new upgrade - this is all going out the window and you''re gonna be bling blingin'' with a bigger rock so...
31.gif

Callisto, thanks! Took me 3 tries to get there... If I had to rank them, I''d say 8-prong, 3-prong and then the basket setting. It''s really too bad we can''t have different styles and sizes. I really can''t believe that to try bezel set earrings, I have to buy a third pair of studs now! There must be a way to have all kinds of styles without having to start over and over again!
3.gif
GAH!

princessplease, LOVE THE LOUBOUTINS!!!!!!! The gorgeous diamond on the heel is the best photo ever!
36.gif
Congrats on your engagement!

poshpepper, thank you! They sit the best out of all the settings. Not too deep, not too pokey...juuuuuust right! Somewhere, Yekutiel is breathing a tremendous sigh of relief. LOL

puffy, thanks! Your son is just SO cute!!!! Would love one just like him one day!

acebruin, helloooooo halo.
31.gif
30.gif
Thanks!

Cachette, my PS sis who so patiently listened to all my rants about the different settings! Thanks!!! I was afraid they''d look swallowed up but the effect is actually nicer than even I imagined. And you can see them more clearly now. It always used to bug me with my first set of martinis that I couldn''t really see them when passing by a mirror. Now, I can really really see them.
31.gif

Addy, thanks! I guess that''s why there are 8? Because they''re just thin wires? Hmmm... why couldn''t they make this in six? LOL

Vesper! Classy lady, what''s up? Thanks so much! They do look much rounder than they looked with 4 prongs! You''re so right! I''m tickled to death with these!

yssie, thank you! Hahahahaha! SPARKLY STICKIES!!!!! YOU REMEMBERED! My infamous thread! Hahahahahahahaha! Yes, these are definitely not sparkly stickers! My ear holes must have been sinkholes! They just gobbled up those 3 prong martinis, eh? GULP! TASTY!
35.gif

beechezz, thank you!!!! The funny thing is, I can sleep in them now! I never understood the appeal until I got this setting. They are so comfy!

tigian! MY ID JEWELRY SISTA! Thank you so much! I think since I''m so satisfied, I''ve shelved a few other projects I had going. I think subconsciously, I was just trying to be happy with these studs first. Ahhhhhh, relief! Like Rolaids, but for diamonds!

swedish bean, thank you! I''m snoozing like your kitty in the avatar now. Ahhhhhhh...

fsu, love your set!!! Thank you!
30.gif

thing2of2, thanks so very much! The side view is really nice! I thought they wouldn''t be apparent but you can definitely see them from the side as well. I think I like them with the backs not pushed in so much anymore. With the other settings, I jammed the backs in tightly but with these...I think they look better when the backs are in a normal position. They float so well. Ahhhhhh.... sweet relief!

whitby! How we have missed you! Welcome back!!!!!! Thanks so much! (((HUGS)))

jcrow, thanks! Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Sooooo excited for you! Send some dust over to the TTC thread ladies! You''re good luck to them! I predicted 4+ BFPs in January of 2010 and so far there have been 3 with 3 more waiting!!!

monarch, thanks!!! Took forever, right? LOL I wish I had known about them sooner! Thanks!

Gothgrrl, yay! You have these as well? Fantastic!!!! I can''t wait to see!!!! I like how they lay flat but not too flat against the ear. How they manage to do it is quite lovely! I promise to post more pics! ETA: Yours are lovely! So fine! Wow, WF did an amazing job!!!
30.gif

Phoenix! Hahahahahahaha! My other PS sista who listened to my raving lunacy about settings! Thank you!!!!

ang3199! Thanks!!!! They do look a lot bigger with the 3 prongs, don''t they?
31.gif
I think the eye goes toward the tiny outline of a circle. Thanks!!!

Tacori, thank you!!!! (HUGS) Your little angel in your avatar is sooooo beautiful!

gemgirl, that stone is insane. I gotta get me some TANZANITE! The cut is crazy. It glows. I can''t believe it''s a real stone and not some CGI masterpiece!

Oh CHARBIE, thank you! I like these the best, too. If not for PS, I wouldn''t have even known they existed. PS ROCKS! Thanks again!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Bliss- These turned out beautifully! Sounds like you finally have the perfect setting. I''m going to have to hit up ID jewelery soon after all of your rave reviews..
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, they''re gorgeous! I love how elegant and delicate they look.

My jewelry collection wants to be your jewelry collection when it grows up
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results