shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling spoiled... 1ctw BGD bezel studs!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I'd been eyeing all of the lovely bezel studs on PS for a while, and mentioned to my DH that I was saving up my pennies to buy a pair, probably around Christmas. A bit over a week ago, I was cruising a second-hand online shop and noticed a PSer selling her Brian Gavin bezel studs which she'd had custom made. DH gave me the go-ahead since I told him I'd hoped for .6 ctw studs for significantly more than these were listed for. The package arrived last Friday but he hid it from me until Sunday when he took me out to lunch. I feel absolutely spoiled, the earrings are much nicer than I ever hoped for, and each diamond is the same visual size as my e-ring, which is just crazy to me! Nobody in my real life is going to think these are real. :naughty:

I promised the seller a SMTB post since I don't think she ever made one.

Diamonds are not from Brian Gavin, but settings are his 18k bezels. Both stones are both 5mm, and VS2-SI1 in clarity. One of the diamonds is maybe a transitional cut (or a modern round brilliant, possibly) with a very tiny cutlet that can only be seen with 10x+ magnification. It was sold to her as G/H in color but she thinks closer to I/J. The other is a modern round brilliant with a small feather that is visible from the underside but it cannot be seen face-up. This diamond was sold to her as J in color, but she said it looks more like a K/L. Both diamonds look very clear and white to my (admittedly terribly blind) eye.

First, the glamour shot from the original buyer.

rubybethbgdstuds.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Cell phone shots, sorry!

2011-09-07_14-22-52_349.jpg

2011-09-07_14-23-17_772.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! :bigsmile: I saw the post of that earring but haven't had the chance to start saving yet... maybe when we win the lottery today! :Up_to_something:

smc7277

Rough_Rock
Love them! I was just at a local b&m store looking at bezel set studs today. Are you able ( newer member?) to name what site you purchased them on? new place for me to browse :cheeky:

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad someone here snapped them up :)

Don't forget to post earshots!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Wow, these are gorgeous. Congrats. I second the motion for ear shots!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them! I saw them posted on the site as well :) Glad you got to snatch them up!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I really like the look of the bezel studs.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh love these! I have the BGD bezel studs and think they are perfect for every day :) enjoy them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should feel spoiled - they are lovely.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classic! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes yes.... ear shot please! :appl:

They are gorgeous! Congrats!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
smc7277|1315440504|3012135 said:
Love them! I was just at a local b&m store looking at bezel set studs today. Are you able ( newer member?) to name what site you purchased them on? new place for me to browse :cheeky:

Sorry, smc, it's a site that has a forum attached so can't post the name here. Probably if you search for something like jewelry/diamond classifieds you'd find a similar type of place. I'd never used a site like that before but trusted the seller since I recognized her PS name. Originally, I was admiring all of the IDJewelry studs that PSers have purchased recently. Their prices were by far the best I've seen and the results I've seen on PS are all awesome -- www.idjewelryonline.com..

Thanks, all! I'll try to get some ear shots. I just got a much shorter haircut yesterday and it really shows these babies off. :D

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Better lighting today... ear shots!

rubybeth2011-09-08_07-43-04_98.jpg

rubybeth2011-09-08_07-44-05_595.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, rubybeth! It's wonderful to be 'spoiled'! Congratulations!

smc7277

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Everyone here has such beautiful stuff -

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I'm so happy that you got to spoil yourself! It's such a great feeling! They are so pretty! Congratulations, now you've inspired me and I'm going to go find something to spoil myself on! :Up_to_something:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
smc7277|1315521767|3013035 said:
Thanks for the info. Everyone here has such beautiful stuff -

You are quite welcome! PS is a nice place for blingaholics. :cheeky:

Christina: whatever you need to enable yourself to buy more diamonds, I'm all for it! :appl:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Those look perfect on you! Congrats.

What magic are you using on your SO to make him be so reasonable regarding sparklies?

I am considering getting that setting. Are they comfy and stay strait on the ear or do they kinda lean to the side when on? Any pros or cons with that setting?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1315578887|3013545 said:

What magic are you using on your SO to make him be so reasonable regarding sparklies?

I am considering getting that setting. Are they comfy and stay strait on the ear or do they kinda lean to the side when on? Any pros or cons with that setting?

natascha I have that setting and they are super comfortable! for me they stay straight on the ear

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1315578887|3013545 said:

Natascha, the earrings are very comfy and stay straight on my ears, but I have seen La Pousette (?) backs for studs and those seem to keep the stones straight for anyone who has issues. It seems to me that the bigger the diamond, the more problem it would have staying 'straight' because of weight. These are so light, it's not an issue. I will say that I had considered screw on backs but after reading how many people found them uncomfortable, decided regular backs and insurance was the way to go. These snap on very tightly (kind of hard to get off, actually) so I'm not worried, but I did order up a cheapie pair of nearly identical fakeys so my ears aren't naked while I give these up for a few days to be appraised. :naughty:

As for my DH, I'm not sure what I'm doing, but he is very, very kind to me and knows that gifts are one of my love languages. :bigsmile: I also talked to him earlier in the year about the budget (which I handle) and my desire for sparklies. He agreed that, as long as our other financial goals were being met, I could save up some 'fun money' each month and buy whatever I wanted. We are very lucky that we found jobs soon after graduating, but we never 'upgraded' our lifestyle from when I was in grad school and he was getting his second BA, so there's a very nice cushion in the budget each month which mainly goes toward student loans. We are Dave Ramsey folks. :D

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love bezels! Very pretty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, they look gorgeous!! I saw the listing for these and hoped they'd go to a loving home, and they did!! They look huge, and the bezels are so perfect. Yay for you!!!!!!! :love: :bigsmile: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results