shape
carat
color
clarity

New 2.42ctw studs in 4 prong martinis from GOG and BGD

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
OMG I just typed in the diamond specs and but my window closed….argh. Now I realized I can find the GIA reports online doh!

Ok here we go again. Quick summary – 2.42ctw diamond studs in a white gold four prong martini settings. Setting and one stone from GOG and the other stone from BGD.

Jonathan is great to work with. This is my second transaction with Jonathan. A few years ago we bought an eightstar and he is still the same if not better - attention to detail, passionate about diamonds, willing to bend over backwards for the customer. I remember one of my calls with him and it was just to inquire about the diamond. He didn't rush me, answered all my questions and more, told me to hold while he looked at the stone under the microscope, etc. This is why I wouldn't hesitate working with him in the future and the reason why two of my friends got their erings from him.

I also loved working with Denise. She is very personable. I contacted her after I found the stone from GOG and she kept an eye out for me. I contacted several other vendors but the stones they came back to me didn't have the specs and/or the right price. When you talk to Denise it's like you're best friends. She remembers every little detail about what you talked about before. She also works long hours, I remember getting an email from her into the wee hours of the morning. If I was in TX, we would be BFFs and talk about diamonds all day long.

Stone 1: GOG http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8516/
1.18ct JI1 6.79 - 6.81 x 4.19mm
AGS Cut Grade:Ideal
AGS Light Performance:Ideal
Optical Symmetry:Superior
Polish:Ideal
Symmetry:Ideal
Fluorescence:None
Lab Report:AGSLab Report #:104052929004
Width Percentage:56.34%
Depth Percentage:61.82%
Crown ∠:34.53°Crown
Depth:15.04%
Pavilion ∠:40.82°
Pavilion Depth:43.11%

Stone 2: BGD sorry I don't have the link =( - Denise if you could send it to me I will update this post!
GIA1132020161 1.23 K SI1
Measurements: 6.86 - 6.89 x 4.24 mm
Carat Weight: 1.23 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I recently had a baby and decided it’s about time to get some new bling. I originally wanted this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8472 but it got snatched up. Then I saw some stones on BGD they were perfect. But two bad things happened - The first, I didn't act fast enough and someone bought one of the stones and then in the same day, diamond prices jumped. I could have purchased one stone but I really wanted to buy a pair. Some time has passed and I just couldn't find matching pairs so I found the stone on GOG but again I waited too long and it was snatched up. So when I saw stone 1 listed above I acted fast.

So onto the pics. Shoot. I was attaching pics but didn't realize that 4 was the max.

Anyways, I have some 1.2ctw 3 prong martinis but am so in love with these. I like the added security of the 4 prongs. I like how they can sit close to my ear. I like how the basket setting looks when I see the setting but when I wear basket settings it just doesn't look right in my ears. Sarah at GOG recommended these and I never seen them before. I did a PS search and one person had these. I don't know how I missed that thread. I'm usually a lurker but with a baby, my internet browsing has diminished.

I'll try to upload more pics.

DSC01917.JPG

DSC01922.JPG

DSC01924.JPG

DI_GIA1132020161.jpg

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
I also wanted to add that I had a prong issue with these puppies. PS thank you because you gave me very useful advice and also Jonathan contacted me directly and from then on I worked with him. I really appreciate the time he spent trying to make sure I was happy and he is a perfectionist....he took my stones to multiple setters, returned them back to the setter if necessary, etc.

here are more pics:
Just one more for now. Maybe I'll take more pictures when it's daylight tomorrow with some "diamond friends" in my jewelry box.

6312043173_d6e8d98ba1_z.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are gorgeous! Congrats!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
These look PERFECT! I would love to have some perspective shots and ear shots too!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, pretty!! Earshots please!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
I love the basket setting very much. Grats

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful, congratulations!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! need ear shots!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!! those are AWESOME!!!! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzers those are some studs :love: ear shoots?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome! Ear shots please!

cheers--Sharon

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful!!More pics please!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll definitely need some more pictures - would love to see some earshots!!

They're just beautiful - love the 4 prong martinis!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, just gorgeous!! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for the very kind words. Here's the mandatory ear shot:

DSC02023.JPG

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
OMG I just typed in the diamond specs and but my window closed….argh. Now I realized I can find the GIA reports online doh!

Ok here we go again. Quick summary – 2.42ctw diamond studs in a white gold four prong martini settings. Setting and one stone from GOG and the other stone from BGD.

Jonathan is great to work with. This is my second transaction with Jonathan. A few years ago we bought an eightstar and he is still the same if not better - attention to detail, passionate about diamonds, willing to bend over backwards for the customer. I remember one of my calls with him and it was just to inquire about the diamond. He didn't rush me, answered all my questions and more, told me to hold while he looked at the stone under the microscope, etc. This is why I wouldn't hesitate working with him in the future and the reason why two of my friends got their erings from him.

I also loved working with Denise. She is very personable. I contacted her after I found the stone from GOG and she kept an eye out for me. I contacted several other vendors but the stones they came back to me didn't have the specs and/or the right price. When you talk to Denise it's like you're best friends. She remembers every little detail about what you talked about before. She also works long hours, I remember getting an email from her into the wee hours of the morning. If I was in TX, we would be BFFs and talk about diamonds all day long.

Stone 1: GOG http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8516/
1.18ct JI1 6.79 - 6.81 x 4.19mm
AGS Cut Grade:Ideal
AGS Light Performance:Ideal
Optical Symmetry:Superior
Polish:Ideal
Symmetry:Ideal
Fluorescence:None
Lab Report:AGSLab Report #:104052929004
Width Percentage:56.34%
Depth Percentage:61.82%
Crown ∠:34.53°Crown
Depth:15.04%
Pavilion ∠:40.82°
Pavilion Depth:43.11%

Stone 2: BGD sorry I don't have the link =( - Denise if you could send it to me I will update this post!
GIA1132020161 1.23 K SI1
Measurements: 6.86 - 6.89 x 4.24 mm
Carat Weight: 1.23 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I recently had a baby and decided it’s about time to get some new bling. I originally wanted this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8472 but it got snatched up. Then I saw some stones on BGD they were perfect. But two bad things happened - The first, I didn't act fast enough and someone bought one of the stones and then in the same day, diamond prices jumped. I could have purchased one stone but I really wanted to buy a pair. Some time has passed and I just couldn't find matching pairs so I found the stone on GOG but again I waited too long and it was snatched up. So when I saw stone 1 listed above I acted fast.

So onto the pics

DSC02017.JPG

DSC02030.JPG

DSC02035.JPG

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Something very weird is happening. This is my fourth attempt in trying to upload pics. Somehow it included my original post in the last reply? arghhh. It also erased what I just typed out. Maybe it's because I'm on a mac?

Let's hope this works....

I wanted to say that I was able to bring some "friends" out for a little photo shoot.

Small to big
BGD 0.25ct ideal cut bezel setting I VS2
3 prong martini H&A ~0.6ct ISI1
one of the 1.2ct studs.

I can detect some warmth in the K colored stone. I think for rings, J stones are my limit. I own a couple J stones and the color is not detectable to me. With the K stud and putting it side by side with the J matching partner I can detect the color difference. These are for earring purposes and my threshold is a little lower for since I won't be staring at these guys all day. So from far away they look good and sparkly and that's what matters.

Yssie, thanks for asking. I think I mentioned earlier that Jonathan contacted me directly and we worked together from then on. He wanted to make sure I was a happy customer and he personally inspected the setting and wasn't satisfied certain times and even brought it back to a different setter once. I really enjoyed working with Jonathan and hope to do so for future projects.

Thanks everyone for looking =).

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
They look so icy white in your ears, very nice!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I would wear all three of those babies at once :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT :love:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Your new studs are amazing! I love the settings, they are just lovely.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did - and I'm really glad it worked out for you! They are beautiful and gigantic in your ears :sun: wear them in good health!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the kind words Mili Lani from all of us here at GOG. You've been a pleasure to work with and we look forward to hopefully serving you again in the future.

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results