shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer's accidental anniversary OEC studs!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don't frequent RT then you may not know the story. I'll relate it here again. The rest of you lot, skip to the photos :tongue:

For the past three months I have been working on two projects that involved OECs, one was a three stone and the other was looking for OEC studs in the 1cttw range. The projects were supposed to be presents to mark my birthday in April and my fifth anniversary in May!

Both projects needed matched pairs of OECs. Finding matched pairs of OECs is very challenging, and if you want to do it for a steal on ebay, doubly so. I had managed to find a number of OECs but none of them quite matched. I passed two of them along into the bling continuum, and was basically planning to give up entirely, when my last earring attemp stone came in. Like most of my ebay purchases, I bought it based on photos and some vague idea about its size. I was expecting it to match my 5.2mm OEC, but to my shock and surprise, when it appeared it seemed to be a great match for the 0.70ct OEC I had purchased as part of the three stone project!

Once the newest OEC was popped from its mount, its similarity to my 0.70ct was uncanny! The facet patterns are not identical, but the tables, diameters, and crown heights are so similar it is amazing! So even though keeping the pair of larger diamonds basically ate up my budget for both projects 8) I decided these little cuties were not leaving my hands. So the three stone is on hold, I set the matched pair, and voila! Anniversary studs!

I am not sure if these studs are the final home for the twins, but I am enjoying them! It does suck not to see them myself -- studs seem to be bling for *other* people, not for yourself. But I feel very glamourous with these huge blingy earrings! And DH loves. Them.

Anyways, photos!

8)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the diamonds is a GIA 0.70ct J VS1. Its the one with the more splintery facet pattern and smaller culet. The other is a 0.65ct, I think also a J-K and VS. I'll get an EGL report on it later. Its the one with the larger culer and rounder faceting. Both stones are off round but they are about 5.65mm in diameter.

Add it up and you get 1.35cttw of OEC yumminess!

oecstud1.jpg

oecstud2.jpg

oecstud3.jpg

oecstud4.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my jeweler put them into simple three prong basket mounts. I like the mounts a lot! This was a test of my local jeweler's skill ::) I did have to ask them to fix the prong tips, but the end result is a-okay! Now I will feel good about using them in future for more important pieces.

oecstud5.jpg

oecstud7.jpg

oecstud8.JPG

oecstud9.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some pictures with my 1ct OEC! I may put the three in a mondo three stone one day, but I am not sure. Gotta save up and decide if I want to do it. So the studs are a nice place to enjoy the twins while I make up my mind!

oecstud11.JPG

oecstud12.JPG

oecstud13.JPG

oecstud14.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ear shots for perspective. The more distant shot does not show their sparkle at all, but shows ear presence well. Yes, I am wearing the same shirt I work in my Aurora RLP photos :rolleyes:

And though these are not an officially sanctions PS gift, I was able to get these studs in part because I sold my 0.70cttw PS gift studs :)) So thanks again for that gifty Andrey! :bigsmile:

Hmmm. These studs look a lot bigger in person but these photos don't show it well. I will get some more tomorrow!

oecstud17.JPG

oecstud16.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
dreamer they look awesome!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they're gorgeous and look amazing (and big!) on you! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I really, really hoped you might do this! :appl: They are such beautiful stones and such a perfect size for studs! :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect size on you!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That is some serious OEC yumminess.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeousness!!

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
Perfection! :))

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're a beautiful size on you! I love that you decided to do this!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, great finds!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing how perfectly sized they are for your lobe - not too big, not too small, but just right! Looks like the threesome would make an awesome ring - but how you gonna pluck those off your ears now? :lol:

Enjoy - glad they're on your ears and not in a box - they look fab!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome!!!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky girl! Love the ring, too.

liz

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and look terrific in your ears!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome Dreamer! They look perfect in your ears! :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!! They are perfect!!!!!!!!!! Love love love!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Accidental *cough* lol!

Theyl ook great, AND your hair is awesome.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, they are PERFECT!!! I'm glad you decided to use them in studs, they are gorgeous.

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer

Sorry to threadjack but is there anyway to PM you, possibly on DB? My name there is flygirl23 if you wouldn't mind messaging me there. I have a question for you about your amcor fishtail prong setting.

Thanks!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOO HOO Dreamer! Your new studs are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :love: :love: :love: They look so perfect on you! Big and sparkly! And they match your ring :appl: Excellent :appl:
By the way: I also love your new pendant which you will give to your mom! I saw it on another thread the other day but the baby interrupted me and i never commented on that one!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer,

I have followed your quest for the OEC's on RT and have to commend you on your fabulous finds! The earrings are just perfect.
You have turned antique diamond hunting into an artform and I am officialy a groupie! Enjoy :wavey:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE the studs and love the haircut! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so good together! Beautiful!

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them.... such a cool way that it all worked out... and they look HUGE on your ears!!!! My Goodness!!!! :love: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful!!!!!! :love:

Enjoy your "new" earrings Dreamer!

Cachette :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results