shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the SC Tiffany much more than the vatche, but that''s just me. Glad you got some better info from Judah.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, personally, the Vatche just doesn''t do it for me. Can''t really explain, except that it looks odd to me I guess. BUT do what you like, since it''s going to be on your finger, not ours (unfortunately
2.gif
hehe).

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Quick update: Just got off the phone with Judah again. He clarified and said that there will be a very small space between the two rings, but that the matching band will clear the prongs and fit snugly under them. He said the space is miniscule and barely perceptible. I''ve decided that I am more interested in a fluid design than one where the rings fit perfectly flush. I''ve looked all over the place and I''m just not as excited about those rings that allow a flush fit (e.g. Cathedral). I think Mat''s advice is right on, but I''m too excited to wait. And I don''t want my order to get stuck in the rush of the Christmas shopping season which is just around the corner. Wish me luck!! And a million thank you''s for all the amazing advice and support. This really is a fabulous community!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
So I take it some congratulations are in order?!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sure sounds like you have made the right decision!

How long until we see some pics?? hehe
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!!!! Can''t wait to see it. Oh and what you said about the holiday rush is sooo true.
2.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 5:11:29 PM
Author: Stretch4
So I take it some congratulations are in order?!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sure sounds like you have made the right decision!

How long until we see some pics?? hehe
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Thanks! Well, Barry said it would be about 7-10 days and Judah said 14, so I would imagine somewhere in between. Hopefully closer to 7!!!!! I wouldn''t think now would be as busy a season as summer or Christmas. So excited!!! It''s very clear that Judah thinks very highly of this setting and took a lot of time to explain all its features. I really look forward to seeing my diamond the center of attention in that solitaire!!! And so excited not to have to worry about my center prongs or my shared prong wedding ring getting damaged. I think I will take the stones from my engagement mounting to make an eternity band to go with my new ring! That way I won''t feel like I''ve wasted too much money!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s sad, but I think I''m almost as excited as you are Dem!!!
2.gif

I think I''m living out my dream of getting the SC ring through you
3.gif
! Now if I only lived nearby, I could stop by and "take the ring for a quick spin."
31.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 5:43:57 PM
Author: Stretch4
It's sad, but I think I'm almost as excited as you are Dem!!!
2.gif

I think I'm living out my dream of getting the SC ring through you
3.gif
! Now if I only lived nearby, I could stop by and 'take the ring for a quick spin.'
31.gif

Feel free to live vicariously!! I see you're in Connecticut -- next time I'm in New York visiting my family, we can hook up and exchange rings for the day
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting, Demelza!
36.gif

So if you take the stones from your current e-ring and have them put into an eternity band, will it match your wedding band?

So you will have TWO eternity bands to go with your solitaire? If so, then you are a lucky girl.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Dem!!

I''d make both the rings into eternity bands with the channel/pave setting so you could do mix and matching and make sure that they are made to sit almost 100% flush against the SC setting so that you can play around. How fun...can''t wait to see the results on these!! I am definitely living vicariously through you...!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
So excited you're all excited!! I'm planning on keeping my shared prong wedding ring as is, in part because I really like it even on its own and my husband would be very hurt if I changed it around. It does have sentimental value to me since it's the one I actually got married in. That will go on my right hand. The other ring, however, I have no problem dismantling. So, when I have more money to burn, I'm going to have a ring made to fit as closely as possible against the SC solitaire similar to the Pearlman's or Scott Kay design using the diamonds from my engagement ring setting. Now, I just have to get that ultrasonic and I'll be all set!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great plan. Hurry up and get that ultrasonic, I looove mine!!!
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The Tiffany looks is classic, I hope you love it oddles!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mat! I have a quick question. You mentioned that your mom's Tiffany's ring allows a band to sit flush. Does her ring have the little donut shaped pedestal (for lack of a better description) as shown in the Tiffany pic below? What kind of band does she wear with it?

combination.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Glad you made a decision. The Tiffany knife edge solitaire is beautiful and I also looked into getting it at one point.

By the way, here is a Mark Morrell solitaire that I absolutely love. I was thinking of getting this one with claw prongs at one point.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
oophs, here it is....
2.gif

bla (2).jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not home at the moment but I will see her on Wed. I will ask her if I may take a picture of her ring to post. If she wont let me I will write you a through description of the ring while looking at it in person. Her ring is not her original e-ring, I flushed her orignal at two. But her wedding band is the one she was married with and is not from Tiffanys. I will post a proper response to your question when I am home and can either provide you with pictures, or at the very least a better description.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous. The finish on those settings are just amazing. It really comes through in the photos. I would love to see one in real life. The good thing is, I really still like the SC ring better than any of the other solitaires in this thread.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 8:41:22 PM
Author: Demelza
Thanks, Mat! I have a quick question. You mentioned that your mom''s Tiffany''s ring allows a band to sit flush. Does her ring have the little donut shaped pedestal (for lack of a better description) as shown in the Tiffany pic below? What kind of band does she wear with it?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Once again, excellent choice Dem!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the CAD image of the ring he would have made for me. I wanted the prongs to be claw prongs and the prongs and gallery to be one fluid piece rather than looking like different parts soldered together...
2.gif

MaryAnne-build3-003 (2).jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 8:55:48 PM
Author: Matatora
I am not home at the moment but I will see her on Wed. I will ask her if I may take a picture of her ring to post. If she wont let me I will write you a through description of the ring while looking at it in person. Her ring is not her original e-ring, I flushed her orignal at two. But her wedding band is the one she was married with and is not from Tiffanys. I will post a proper response to your question when I am home and can either provide you with pictures, or at the very least a better description.

Thanks Mat, that would be excellent. That''s funny (probably wasn''t at the time) about you flushing her ring. I guess there''s not much you can do once it gets flushed. It''s out to sea!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is another Mark Morrell that he sent me. It has the Tiffany head but a cathedral shank that sort of tapers as it meets the prongs......

Pic00007c (2).jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I guess this is the picture that you want.

This is a true Tiffany and Co. e-ring. I think the diamond is almost 1.7 carats, can''t remember the exact weight and it has an E VVS2 diamond.

The shared prong wedding band is also by T&Co. and it has seven diamonds, each one is about 8 points.
They are G colored.
You can see that the wedding band and e-ring basically sit completely flush.
2.gif

set no sun (2).jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
My goodness! I don''t know how he achieves that incredible finish, but his stuff is actually delicious looking. I like that ring except for the cathedral part. I guess I just don''t like very high shoulders.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 9:08:05 PM
Author: butterfly 17

I guess this is the picture that you want.

This is a true Tiffany and Co. e-ring. I think the diamond is almost 1.7 carats, can''t remember the exact weight and it has an E VVS2 diamond.

The shared prong wedding band is also by T&Co. and it has seven diamonds, each one is about 8 points.

They are G colored.

You can see that the wedding band and e-ring basically sit completely flush.
2.gif

Wow, thanks for the pic!! Where did you find that? It definitely doesn''t sit totally flush, but hopefullly good enough for me. One thing Judah mentioned about flush fits, for much of the time my rings are askew not because they won''t fit closer, but because they are not immovable on my finger. They spin around and separate and come back together, so hopefully it won''t matter too much. Love the pictures, Kayla! Keep em coming!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, the person who got that set had another picture where they were sitting completely flush with one another, I just didn''t save that picture because this one was more clear. I think I got it from diamondtalk or something.

Now that I think about it, it may actually even be two carats, for some reason, I remember her saying that the e-ring alone cost almost as much as her BMW SUV, so I can''t remember if it is 1.68 or 2.18, anyhoooo...

These are just a bunch of rings that I have saved. I too didn''t particularly like the third MWM that I posted, I thought I would just post in case you saw something you like. In fact, he never had that ring on his website, he just emailed me pics of that ring to show me some of his work.

Like I mentioned previously, since I had the same problem as you, prior to having LM make me a setting, I had decided to either go with the Tiffany or another Royal Crown.
At that time, Supercert was the only company making a setting similar to the real Tiffany setting. Whiteflash started to make it a few months later.

I actually sat with Judah in his office and he explained the difference between the SC setting and a real Tiffany setting, but I can''t remember what that difference was?! Something about the way the ring tapers that the real Tiffany one doesn''t do.

I am sure you will be pleased with your setting!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Tiffany by Fusaro, but I saw it at her office and I have to tell you, the donut is way too big to sit flush with a band. She said it was an exact replica! It wasn''t in my opinion.

fuso7big.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Tiffany by Primak. It is very similar too....

ER26B-PT.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is another side profile of a authentic Tiffany solitaire...

dd_1.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You are a wealth of info!! It's so fun to see all these pictures. The Fusaro looks way to big and bulky. And the Primak looks a bit on the tall side. Have you seen the DiamondScassi version? I'll try to find a picture. Was your LM 6 prongs? Just out of curiosity, what did you do with that mounting? How do you find the difference between 4 and 6 prongs?

ETA Here's a pic of the DiamondScassi...I hope.

1A3_large_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results