shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 12:02:05 AM
Author: Matatora
I loved the head of it, but the shank of the ring was a rounded band which I had mixed feelings about. I thought it was fantastic and so did FountainFairFax. However with a matching width band I was worried about it being too wide. I have a three row pave band that I am fond of in terms of looks and it is 5mm wide, but I dont wear it often becuase it bothers my had being so wide. My taste is that the wedding band shank ought to be the same size as the engagment ring shank and to double the width would be a bit much. However it is a stunning ring. And you might be able to get whiteflash to make something similiar. I do know know if they could add the little side surprise diamonds or not.

Was the band really thick?? It looks like it would be very thin and dainty, but I guess it''s hard to tell from that one shot. It looks like a great jewelry store!! Next time I''m in NY, I''ve got to check it out. Are their prices really high?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The store is a single small room proably about 18x18 witha divider way halfway through. They did not disscuss prices, they said they would when my SO was there.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
FYI: I checked with Lockes Diamantaire today about their signature solitaire and, as it turns out, they do sell it separately as long as they approve the diamond that will go in it (i.e. must be a certain quality). The quote I got was $2,250. That seems very high to me. The woman who helped me was very nice and informative. She sent me a photo from the top with a 2 ct stone. Nothing out of the ordinary. But the side is beautiful. Here's a comparison to the SC.

Lockes%20Diamonds.jpg

Here is the sideview of the SC for comparison...
1037_xlarge.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
And here's the top view of the Lockes...

lockesdiamalksdjf.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty but for $2500? I don''t think so...it''s beautiful but not $2500 beautiful IMO. For $2500 I''d get a custom MM!

What about the surprise diamond one? That one seems more unique. But it''d probably be $3k if that simple one is $2500.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
$2500, ouch!!! It is beautiful, but for that amount I''m with Mara and would get a MM. Just my 0.2
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Mara, the plain side view one is the SC Tiffany setting (I think, unless I''m confused!). The top view one Dem just posted is the top view of the Lockes "surprise diamond" one that we already had a pic of from the side. That one is 2250. Which is still too expensive IMO, but it sure is pretty!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Changed post to say OH yeah I get it now, der...I'd love to see that side view of the 2c lockes Dem.

But still, $2250? Custom!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the confusion. I labeled them so that it''s more clear. There was a second when I was considering it, but once I started thinking about how much it will cost to tile our new bathroom downstairs or install the new fixtures, I realized that I can''t part with a grand that easily, especially when the SC version is so beautiful. Both rings are handmade, both are made to the exact specs of the diamond, and I can get a wedding band with the SC version and still come out ahead by $750!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I love the side profileof the one with the surprise diamond!!

Don''t like the price! hehehe

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Very rational choice Dem
2.gif
. And the SC is SOOOOOO gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I just asked my husband which he preferred. "You mean they''re different?" he asked. When I told him, yes, they''re different, he picked the SC version. He thought it was more delicate. Go figure!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know the mm width on the Lockes signature solitaire band? It looks like it might be around 2.5mm? Are those surprise diamonds 1-pointers?

I fell in love with that setting after it was posted here in your thread, and now I''m having James Allen Diamonds create something based on this design. I love how the shank is completely rounded, and the head is so simple yet unique. Jim is going to give me a price quote on it tomorrow and I''m hoping it''ll be far less than Lockes'' price!!

Demelza, how is your setting search coming along?

Kristy :)

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I was told that the band is 2mm. I''ll be interested in seeing your custom setting when it''s done. I, too, love that setting. I''m sure DCD''s price will be lower than Lockes''. Let us know!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely will, Demelza. :) Jim said it should be done by the end of next week, I might even have it by next Wednesday!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The price or the setting will be there in a week?
33.gif

Dem-the band felt wider the the Tiffany band maybe .5 or 1mm so. I personally prefer thineer bands because of the fact thtat they are being worn with wedding bands. But I guess that would depend on finger length of the wearer. They are not bulky just wider then I am used to. HTH.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora -- do you remember if there was a hole in the head underneath the culet? I don''t want any metal underneath my diamond. As expected it was much less than Lockes'' price.

I received my price quote from James Allen today...should get the ring by end of week next week, if all goes well!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 3:49:43 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Matatora -- do you remember if there was a hole in the head underneath the culet? I don''t want any metal underneath my diamond. As expected it was much less than Lockes'' price.

I received my price quote from James Allen today...should get the ring by end of week next week, if all goes well!

oh kristy, i can''t wait to see the pics, you must be so excited..

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Demzela,

For the sample of the Superperb Cert setting you posted above, do you by chance know how big of a stone that is? I''m debating myself between the SC setting or something more elaborate. I would love to see you finished ring one you get it!

Thanks!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 1:04:01 AM
Author: cpster
Demzela,

For the sample of the Superperb Cert setting you posted above, do you by chance know how big of a stone that is? I''m debating myself between the SC setting or something more elaborate. I would love to see you finished ring one you get it!

Thanks!

I''m not sure, but I think it''s probably about a 2ct stone. I believe on their website they show the setting with a .50 ct stone and this 2 ct stone. Again, not 100%.

Yes, you can be sure I will post many pics once I get it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont but FFF might recall. What was the price if you dont mind my being nosy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results