shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the Fusaro looks too bulky and the Primak looks like it would sit too high???

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Here is PreciousJewels' gorgeous set!! I so wish my diamond were that huge. I think she has size 2.5 fingers, so that probably helps a lot. I don't know what kind of solitaire she has, but I just love that look!

et%20011.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 9:50:02 PM
Author: Demelza
Wow! You are a wealth of info!! It''s so fun to see all these pictures. The Fusaro looks way to big and bulky. And the Primak looks a bit on the tall side. Have you seen the DiamondScassi version? I''ll try to find a picture. Was your LM 6 prongs? Just out of curiosity, what did you do with that mounting? How do you find the difference between 4 and 6 prongs?

I saved the Diamondscassi version, but it is not on their website anymore for some reason. I thought that one looked very realistic and the price was very good.

Here is anothe picture of a real Tiffany setting from the underside...

tiffany profile.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 9:56:50 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Date: 10/10/2005 9:50:02 PM

Wow! You are a wealth of info!! It''s so fun to see all these pictures. The Fusaro looks way to big and bulky. And the Primak looks a bit on the tall side. Have you seen the DiamondScassi version? I''ll try to find a picture. Was your LM 6 prongs? Just out of curiosity, what did you do with that mounting? How do you find the difference between 4 and 6 prongs?

I saved the Diamondscassi version, but it is not on their website anymore for some reason. I thought that one looked very realistic and the price was very good.

Here is anothe picture of a real Tiffany setting from the underside...

It sounds like DiamondScassi used to have a different version of it?? I think the current DiamondScassi replica is the most expensive of them all. I think it''s $1,400! I was surprised by it. I didn''t like how the shank tapered in towards the prongs. It looked a bit pinched. They have some lovely settings. Pricey, but very pretty. You don''t hear about them much around here. I wonder why?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My diamondscaasi setting looks completely different from yours!!! This is the one that I thought looked like the Tiffany one..

Hope you don''t mind all the pictures!!! This is supposed to be a wedding band thread!
2.gif

SR11177W_C.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Mind? Gosh no! Anyway, it turned into a setting thread, so keep em coming. It looks like we''re just having ourselves a good old time over here, just the two of us
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone posted this picture here?? Hehe, I LOVE it!!

combination_tiffany_shared1.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay, since this is a pave band thread, here are a bunch of wedding bands that Leon Mege took for me to try to show me different types of pave styles. I can''t remember off hand which one is which...

These pictures can''t be found on his website, he had emailed it to me one day and I just saved them.

r346-08C (5).jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
This is probably really getting off topic, but I came across this version of the shared prong eternity ring setting that doesn''t look like it would have the problem with exposed girdles that some of the others do. This one is also from DiamondScassi.

1-E7447_large_2.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stretch!! Join us!! That Tiffany pic is so amazing. The problem, as we all know, is that that dang shared prong wedding ring would scartch up that beautiful solitaire. Drat!

Those pics from Leon Mege are TO DIE FOR! I love the band on the far right. Heaven!!!

Here's the front view of the Diamondscassi ring.

1-E7447_large_1.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another interesting solitaire that I saved (top one): (But I still love your SC setting Dem
2.gif
)

Lockes Diamonds.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, where's that one from? I like it ALOT. The band looks quite thin.

Can I just say again how much I love that band on the far right of the Leon Mege pile. I wonder how much that one costs
11.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I have it saved as a Lockes Diamantaires, but I don''t see it on their site.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:11:26 PM
Can I just say again how much I love that band on the far right of the Leon Mege pile. I wonder how much that one costs
11.gif
I love all of those bands!!
30.gif

We can always put some money together to buy the band, and then have "joint custody" of it
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Lastly, here is a picture of the ring that LM made. This had the claw prongs and basically that''s the thing I loved most about the ring.
I wound up selling the setting to someone for almost the same price that I paid for it, so all was not lost. Then I contacted LM for her and he had her stone set in the setting, had it resized and polished up, etc..
I honestly prefer six prongs to four prongs, which is why I had done so much "research" on the Tiffany setting when I was looking into a new setting. I finally decided on having LM make me a setting and decided on the claw prongs because I thought that eight tiny claws had to be a lot more secure.
In reality, the claws were so tiny, I don''t think it made a difference.
Now that I have the four prongs, I can''t say I notice much of a difference either, except that I am a tad more careful when I put my ring down because there are no longer the extra prongs to protect the girdle.

113_1314 (5).JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kayla, those claw prongs are to die for!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:17:58 PM
Author: Stretch4

11.gif
I love all of those bands!!
30.gif

We can always put some money together to buy the band, and then have ''joint custody'' of it
2.gif

Sounds like a plan. You can wear it for the first six months since you can pick it up in NY and then I can take it for the rest of the year. What size is your finger? I''m a six but i can probably squeeze into a 5.75
9.gif

That Locke Diamantaire website is awesome!! Gorgeous! And I love that setting you posted. Uh-oh. It''s the first one I saw that I like as well (if not more...shhh) than the SC. I''d have to see more pics though and I suspect it''s quite pricey. I saw these on their site and thought I''d post since we''re all in an eye-candy mood.

ring1.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:19:20 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Lastly, here is a picture of the ring that LM made. This had the claw prongs and basically that''s the thing I loved most about the ring.

I wound up selling the setting to someone for almost the same price that I paid for it, so all was not lost. Then I contacted LM for her and he had her stone set in the setting, had it resized and polished up, etc..

I honestly prefer six prongs to four prongs, which is why I had done so much ''research'' on the Tiffany setting when I was looking into a new setting. I finally decided on having LM make me a setting and decided on the claw prongs because I thought that eight tiny claws had to be a lot more secure.

In reality, the claws were so tiny, I don''t think it made a difference.

Now that I have the four prongs, I can''t say I notice much of a difference either, except that I am a tad more careful when I put my ring down because there are no longer the extra prongs to protect the girdle.

I wish I was in the market when you were selling your ring. It''s gorgeous. Any profile shots? How are you enjoying your Ritani rings? Love those too! I wish I could have all these settings. It''s too hard to choose just one!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Precious Jewels has the Vatche Royal Crown, she pm'd me about it yesterday when I asked that same Q in a thread the other day...I LOVE her set and her small fingers!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I posted the one from Lockes...I saw it when I went to visit with FFF. I thought it was very lovely!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, where''s that one from? I like it ALOT. The band looks quite thin.

11.gif

Well, I love that shared prong solitaire that you posted. It definitely looks like the diamonds don''t stick out past the shank, plus the diamonds look fairly large enough, that you can see them without a loupe. Sometimes I wish I had gone with larger diamonds on the setting....

I like the one that Stretch posted as well, although I think I prefer wider band. I looks like there wouldn''t be enough clearance for a wedding band to fit, unless it is the same circumference.

As far as the LM rings, I think the one you like is called fishtail pave and he had quoted me something between $1000 to $1500 for each band, but that was a while ago, so I don''t know what he charges now.

It''s funny because after I got his ring, I posted pictures here on pricescope.When I contacted him about resetting the stone for the person I sold the ring to, he asked me if I had posted my ring somewhere because he suddenly started getting a lot of inquiries about custom settings and emails of pictures of my ring.

He told me at least 50 people contacted him about it!! I should get commission!
9.gif
27.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok this is where I wish I had photos of my original erings from the evil T''s. My e-rings did NOT sit flush with my promise band, nor did they sit flush with a tiffany wedding band, original tiffany or lucida. But it wasnt a huge gap really

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Is that a little diamond in the basket or is it the diamond showing through? I love this setting.

Did you by any chance ask how much it was? I wish I could see more views. I might call them tomorrow and inquire further.

Lockes%20Diamonds.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looksl ike it is. I love it.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:36:57 PM
Author: ame
Ok this is where I wish I had photos of my original erings from the evil T''s. My e-rings did NOT sit flush with my promise band, nor did they sit flush with a tiffany wedding band, original tiffany or lucida. But it wasnt a huge gap really

What was your original ering? Was it from Tiffany''s? I''m confused!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Dem you have to buy your diamond from them to get the setting. The second one is from facets. They were posted in a thread about my trip with FF to NYC. But they are small diamonds on the setting.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:43:30 PM
Is that a little diamond in the basket or is it the diamond showing through? I love this setting.
Dem, I think it looks like there are little diamonds in all of those "holes."

Sorry about posting that, don''t want to make your head spin anymore than it already is
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
here''s a profile shot.

Precious''s set is gorgeous. I sold my first Royal Crown setting when I got the LM setting, but I loved it!

In fact, I loved it so much, I could not resist the opportunity to purchase it second hand when I found someone selling it on a different website.

Coincidently, I had pm''d Slammie about whether I should get it or not and she told me to get it and that she would get it if she had the extra money. Later on I found out that it actually was her Royal Crown setting that she sold after she got her gorgeous set from Topper''s!
2.gif

113_1304 (3).JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 10:47:55 PM
Author: Matatora
Dem you have to buy your diamond from them to get the setting.

Ah, that's a relief. Now I don't have to stress about thinking I made a mistake with SC. I think, though, that may be one of the most gorgeous soliatires I've seen thus far. What did you think of it in person?

Kayla -- what do you have in your Royal Crown?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I loved the head of it, but the shank of the ring was a rounded band which I had mixed feelings about. I thought it was fantastic and so did FountainFairFax. However with a matching width band I was worried about it being too wide. I have a three row pave band that I am fond of in terms of looks and it is 5mm wide, but I dont wear it often becuase it bothers my had being so wide. My taste is that the wedding band shank ought to be the same size as the engagment ring shank and to double the width would be a bit much. However it is a stunning ring. And you might be able to get whiteflash to make something similiar. I do know know if they could add the little side surprise diamonds or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results