shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:32:07 PM
Author: kaleigh
Keep''em coming, please!!!
36.gif

Okay, you asked for it!

Here''s Joeq''s ring in a NiceIce tiffany replica. It''s a J, SI, 2.04 on a size....2.75 finger!! It looks huge on her tiny hand!!

OnFinger3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deggles ring has those big prong tips...I''d ask if they can shave those down.

I think we have enough pictures of both rings to determine they are very close to each other.
9.gif

Really it''s a preference thing for you gal...you may need to see the rings in person...aka order them and have them shipped to you and see what you like in person. See a Stuller head in person (I''m sure a local jeweler would have one or 10)...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think they are all so very lovely! I think solitaire settings are stunning, classic and timeless. You really cannot go wrong with any of them. I am just loving the pictures you have been posting, keep them coming.
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:38:50 PM
Author: Mara

I think we have enough pictures of both rings to determine they are very close to each other.
9.gif

See, I am driving you crazy!!! But what else is there to do on a rainy, Sunday afternoon in my pjs while my husband watches football? Go to the gym? No. Read a book? No. Obsess about jewelry? Yes!!!

Want to know my other new idea? I''m thinking about just getting a plain matching band as a wedding ring. SC offers one for only $350. Then I can take my time (and save my money) deciding what band I want. I also have a channel set band I could wear with it, though I''m not a fan of channel setting at all.

Ahhh, the ramblings of a madwoman
37.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You weren't driving me crazy!!! I think a nice matching wedding band is a great idea. Then you can take your time to find the perfect eternity band. Sounds like a wise choice to me!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:54:14 PM
Author: Demelza

Date: 10/9/2005 3:38:50 PM
Author: Mara

9.gif

See, I am driving you crazy!!! But what else is there to do on a rainy, Sunday afternoon in my pjs while my husband watches football? Go to the gym? No. Read a book? No. Obsess about jewelry? Yes!!!

Want to know my other new idea? I''m thinking about just getting a plain matching band as a wedding ring. SC offers one for only $350. Then I can take my time (and save my money) deciding what band I want. I also have a channel set band I could wear with it, though I''m not a fan of channel setting at all.

Ahhh, the ramblings of a madwoman
37.gif
Haha you CRACK ME UP!! If only your hubby knew what his football watching was about to cost him..
31.gif
... he''d rush you right out for a nice dinner...cheaper than a new ring!

Don''t worry I obsess too but most of it is just privately.
9.gif
Or to you in PM of course. HA!

I like the simple matching wedding band idea, would you wear it with your solitaire no pave setting? That could be kind of fun and classic for a while as you figure things out. Did you think about a spacer for your existing set? A very very thin aka 1mm band? You could find a cheapie silver one for a while just to try it out. It may add some visual interest.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dem, how did I miss this thread?!

I am SOOOOOOOOO in love with the solitare and eternity band look. If I had the $$$, I would so have my stone reset in either the WF or SC Tiffany setting.

I also love the Stuller heads you posted too. If FI wasn''t so attached to my setting, I would so be getting a Stuller six prong solitare in platinum asap (why can''t my FI just say "whatever makes you happy sweetheart!" ??? instead of "well I love your setting, so there!" lol).

And I totally understand you being bothered by the scratches and dents on the prongs.

Finally, what do you plan on doing with your current rings?? (just being nosy hehe)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 2:51:28 PM

I''ll check it out. I was doing a search of and found this collage that someone put together. I don''t know whose ring it is, but the poster said it was a Stuller solstice.

It would allow a band to sit flush, but the lines aren''t as fluid as the SC or WF version. Hmmmm...

amesolstice.jpg
It''s mine. Its actually an "assembled" ring. I picked a 6 prong solstice peg head and had it "sunk" into a heavy comfort fit band that was shaved from 3mm wide to 2mm wide.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Ame -- I hope you didn''t take offense to my saying that the lines aren''t as fluid. I think it looks great and am considering doing the same thing, maybe with a four prong head. I just can''t decide which is more important -- a flush fit or more fluid lines.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I love your ring, it is very lovely.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 4:00:20 PM
Author: Stretch4
Oh Dem, how did I miss this thread?!

I am SOOOOOOOOO in love with the solitare and eternity band look. If I had the $$$, I would so have my stone reset in either the WF or SC Tiffany setting.

I also love the Stuller heads you posted too. If FI wasn''t so attached to my setting, I would so be getting a Stuller six prong solitare in platinum asap (why can''t my FI just say ''whatever makes you happy sweetheart!'' ??? instead of ''well I love your setting, so there!'' lol).

And I totally understand you being bothered by the scratches and dents on the prongs.

Finally, what do you plan on doing with your current rings?? (just being nosy hehe)

That''s too bad your husband doesn''t want you to get a new setting. Mine doesn''t care and finds the whole thing rather amusing. He would be very hurt if I didn''t wear or got rid of my wedding ring, but he doesn''t care what I do with the center stone or which finger I wear any of it on. Your ring is beautiful as is, but I definitley (obviously) understand wanting to change.

As for what I will do with the current set: I will wear my shared prong wedding ring on my right hand. It''s funny because I sort of wanted to get married in a plain platinum band because I had a feeling that these shared prong rings wouldn''t last forever. I guess I could use the stones from the mounting to make an eternity ring like the Pearlman''s or Scott Kay.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not offended at all, it's not designed for fluidity, Originally I wanted it flowy, and maybe I still do but this ring was designed to look nice in a stack of rings :)

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 4:33:50 PM
Author: ame
Im not offended at all, it's not designed for fluidity, Originally I wanted it flowy, and maybe I still do but this ring was designed to look nice in a stack of rings :)

Are you thinking of a change? I know you mentioned MM a while back. Is that what you're planning on?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I remember Ame was considering adding some pears to her gorgeous ring
2.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the peg-head Stuller Solstice. It''s actually quite nice and know I can get it for a lot cheaper than the SC or WF version. And I could get 4 prong if I like. Hmmm....

208578-101_0134.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Dem, that is exactly the head I would choose (of course, I''m partial to six prong heads for security reasons, but love the look of four prongs too!).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 4:46:11 PM
Date: 10/9/2005 4:33:50 PM

Im not offended at all, it''s not designed for fluidity, Originally I wanted it flowy, and maybe I still do but this ring was designed to look nice in a stack of rings :)

Are you thinking of a change? I know you mentioned MM a while back. Is that what you''re planning on?
There''s talk of that and pears. Financing the ideas...not going well. Unless my butt starts producing money.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry Ame, when I hit the lottery, we can all get the upgrades we want
2.gif
. Of course, to win the lottery, I need to play
3.gif
so that will be my first step! I''ll let you know how it goes
31.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 5:13:38 PM

There's talk of that and pears. Financing the ideas...not going well. Unless my butt starts producing money.[/quote]

I hear ya there. I can't work yet because I'm an American living in Canada. So until my permanent residency application goes through, I'm a lady of leisure. Hence all this time to obssess about really important things, like diamonds and mountings. And we're in the middle of remodeling the house (a full time job on its own) so the money just seems to be flying out the window!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I found this very detailed description of the differences between the various replicas. The poster is Headlight and it''s from last year:

The Superbcert one is the most like the T & Co in that they custom make each mounting to your diamond''s specific mm measurements, just the way T & Co does. The one from Whiteflash is just a stock mounting that you order closest to your diamond''s carat weight and the diamond fits in as best as possible. But even if you compare the pics from the Whiteflash site to Superbcert''s site, you will see how the diamond doesn''t really "fit" in Whiteflash''s but it fits like a glove on Superbcert''s, and they also show it with a couple of diamond sizes so you can see how it is custom no matter the diamond. Nice Ice also makes a good replica of the authentic T & Co version, but I don''t know if they custom make it to one''s diamond''s specs, although I know they do make it custom, so you''d have to call and verify. The Diamond Scassi one is not a good design, IMO -- tapering/pinching the shank ruins the look for me.
As to the Solstice, it is VERY different from the T & Co mounting. It is not delicate, yet very chunky which is fine if that is what you are after. The prongs are very thick and there is a lot of metal there, no openings like on the really good T & Co replica''s (i.e. Superbcert, Nice Ice). Also, the stone sits up quite high, even if you go for what they call their "low" or "medium" height settings.
I was going to go this route before deciding on a three-stone, so I did alot of research on the options. I spoke in detail with Barry from Superbcert and Robin from Nice Ice on their T & Co replicas and they both spent a lot of time on the phone with me and took the time to give me the mm''s I requested and other detailed info. Nice Ice shows a band on their website, but Barry at Superbcert said that they can make the band even though they don''t show it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Stuller picture you posted, the 6 prong...depending on cost maybe that could be a good alternative to try? Well it depends, is this long term or short term...aka are you going for cheap and short term or something you know you will love long-term?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Something I'd love long term for sure!!! This needs to be IT for a long while (not forever, because I know that's not possible for me, but we're talking years). Just out of curiosity, why would you choose the six prong Solstice? Does it look more balanced somehow? I really want to choose a setting that is as delicate as possible. I don't like chunky and I want my stone to look as big as possible. That is why I'm hesitating about the Solstice because I think it's a bit chunkier than the others. The SC is 2.5mm.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far my choice would be the SC. Can that be made with 4 prongs??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Find a local jeweler where you can see the Stuller in person.

Also have SC and WF send you their rings...you can always return them.

Then see them all in person and see what you think. It''s not a diamond so it''s not like it''s cost prohibitive to see all three settings in person!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 5:45:45 PM
Author: kaleigh
So far my choice would be the SC. Can that be made with 4 prongs??

I suspect not, but I can ask. I wonder what that would look like. Does Tiffany's make one in a four prong?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No their solitaires are all 6 prongs. But if SC can shave down their prongs like Mara said, the 6 prong would look great.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the gorgeous Tiffany''s setting and band from Tiffany''s:

combination_tiffany.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I''m kind of digging the six prong, I think. Here are the rings together. How does Tiffany''s get them to fit flush??

lasdkjf.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think it has to do with the knife edge especially on the wedding band. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results