shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy: I feel similarly ''bout you! I will just say what I think...( btw what new ring is the Leon? Did I miss something?! I know you have a round from your avatar)

While it is very easy for me to say don''t hide your light (or you Leon) under a bushel, I would not love to get that type of reaction. Which is why I never told my sister and just was going to let her take a gander in person while silently daring her to say something snarky. If she did, I would just chalk it up to jealousy and not gloat but be very happy to her face in spite of her behavior. She has since THROWN my ring in my face ("How come you got that bracelet as a gift for your son''s bar mitzvah? Didn''t you JUST get a huge ring? blah blah blah...My husband would run screaming if he thought I was a jewel fiend like you!!!" (he should run screaming for many other reasons!!! I can explain more in another thread but suffice it to say she is consumed with jealousy without copping to it, TOTAL denial)...Now, your best friend, I am not going to pass judgement on her, though I think her reaction is less than kind. Even if I HATED jewels, I would know my friend loved them and I would try to be enthused for her sake. If she truly is not interested and not jealous, than she lacked tact, and I would still not let her ruin my party! (not to say it is easy to deal with). I think, ultimately, if you feel good about having it, you just have to face the sad fact that many people are not going to "get" your obsession. I guess I would ask, do any of those who rol their eyes etc, have any consuming passions of their own? I cannot believe they are all selfless and basic and have nothing that they get excited about...and not that it has to cost a lot, just inspire passion in them. Do you see where I am going? Whether yours is diamonds and theirs is lawn gnomes, it makes not a whit of difference. Whatever makes YOU happy should make anyone who cares about you happy too, whether or not they would want it too! I swear to you I would never turn ann upgrade down or any piece of jewelry that I loved. When I go to bed at night, I know I am a kind and giving person, a great wife, mom, friend...so I don''t want to let some negativity become my reality, and spoil what makes me happy!
emsmile.gif

Windowshopper: I think your setting is so incredible. If you could put a larger stone in it (I am thinking you want around 5 carats?) I would sooo duplicate it. It is unique and eyecatching. Sort of reminds me of a vintage Cartier...I always admired it here and think you should keep it as your setting. If not, it would be gorgeous with a sapphire or ruby as a rhr...jmho. As to the band, I say upgrade, then get the band later. You may decide you like to wear both, one on each hand, or can wear the band only when you do not wish to wear the e ring. Is that ering an upgrade? I know what you mean about height. I never loved HIGH settings. My stone has weight in the depth so it has to be a bit high. Sadly, I am so used to this ring that it really does not seem so big to me anymore...I love it though, and feel it speaks for itself. I just think your settng is one of the prettiest I have ever seen and would love it with a bigger stone if you do it, that would balance out the side stones you are concerned about!
emthup.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, thanks so much for your thoughtful answer!
1.gif
I think my best friend just lacks tact (she couldn''t care less about diamonds so I''m pretty sure it''s not jealousy), she has been known to shoot her mouth off and regret it later. She is the person who saw my bare 3-weeks post-partum belly and said, "Jeez Kristy. Just a LITTLE bloated??" And she was NOT just kidding around.
20.gif
Anyway, you''re right that I need to think of it in terms of individual passions. However, my girlfriends'' passions don''t involve anything remotely superficial! One friend lives to rescue wild animals and nurse them back to health, another does canoeing races and is a Big Sister, and the other is a cancer survivor who just loves life in general. My best friend is really into movies...thank god she''s the only one from my close circle who does crap like roll her eyes at me. The others are much more tactful! Man, but if just ONE of them were into designer handbags....or something!! Diamonds is only one of my passions, but it''s an embarrasingly expensive one!

Oh, and the diamond in my avatar is being re-set as the center stone in one of Leon''s 3-stone rings. It will have pear sidestones. (no pave)
1.gif
Keep an eye out for a new thread from me, probably to be started sometime on Friday.
9.gif

By the way, I cannot believe that you are actually related to your sister!!!!!
38.gif
It''s really sad how some people will let bitterness paralyze their lives.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 1:49:17 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Diamondfan, thanks so much for your thoughtful answer!
1.gif
I think my best friend just lacks tact (she couldn''t care less about diamonds so I''m pretty sure it''s not jealousy), she has been known to shoot her mouth off and regret it later. She is the person who saw my bare 3-weeks post-partum belly and said, ''Jeez Kristy. Just a LITTLE bloated??'' And she was NOT just kidding around.
20.gif
Anyway, you''re right that I need to think of it in terms of individual passions. However, my girlfriends'' passions don''t involve anything remotely superficial! One friend lives to rescue wild animals and nurse them back to health, another does canoeing races and is a Big Sister, and the other is a cancer survivor who just loves life in general. My best friend is really into movies...thank god she''s the only one from my close circle who does crap like roll her eyes at me. The others are much more tactful! Man, but if just ONE of them were into designer handbags....or something!! Diamonds is only one of my passions, but it''s an embarrasingly expensive one!

Oh, and the diamond in my avatar is being re-set as the center stone in one of Leon''s 3-stone rings. It will have pear sidestones. (no pave)
1.gif
Keep an eye out for a new thread from me, probably to be started sometime on Friday.
9.gif

By the way, I cannot believe that you are actually related to your sister!!!!!
38.gif
It''s really sad how some people will let bitterness paralyze their lives.

I am certain your pals know what a great person you are on the inside so no worries, in my book. Maybe your bf could be a bit more graceful in her delivery, but I am certain she would not be your best friend if she was not a good person too. You seem like a great woman, fun and warm, and I would just say, love of diamonds is a part of your great personality...Some people just do not know how they come across, and do not mean anything by it!

I guess it all revolves around perspective. I grew up in Beverly Hills. Grew up with labels and status symbols and all that jazz. It was just part of what was around me and what I had, courtesy of my mother. (She grew up with NADA but when I would BEGGGGG her for the latest and greatest, she understood what it was like to be a girl growing up there and how tough it was to fit in. Of course, fitting in because you have the right jeans on is dumb, but tell that to a 13 year old who thinks she is the only one without them!! She also used to lie to my dad about what she spent on us, easy to do because she did all the bookkeeping in my house. Luckily my dad was successful but BOY was he a tightwad. it was almiost funny, but not quite! Now, I am actually glad I have sons, because I live in the Main Line of Philadelphia and I see the girls my son knows going through the same crap I did, but worse, if that is possible). I cannot wait to see your ring. He does amazing work. My sister is devil spawn. Something is seriously wrong with her. It will never be right because she does not own up to it one bit! So, better she is gone. Ihave no room in my life for toxic evil crap. Luckily, I have the most incredible step sister,( my mon''s husband''s daughter,) and her daughter, my niece, is a doll. I am blessed to have them, it more than makes up for my ex sister...So I guess it all works out in the end...) I am hoping to start a Who is Kristy thread (I tried but I posted in the wrong place and I cannot post in who''s who yet!) so watch for it!!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
"Windowshopper: I think your setting is so incredible. If you could put a larger stone in it (I am thinking you want around 5 carats?) I would sooo duplicate it. It is unique and eyecatching. Sort of reminds me of a vintage Cartier...I always admired it here and think you should keep it as your setting. If not, it would be gorgeous with a sapphire or ruby as a rhr...jmho. As to the band, I say upgrade, then get the band later. You may decide you like to wear both, one on each hand, or can wear the band only when you do not wish to wear the e ring. Is that ering an upgrade? I know what you mean about height. I never loved HIGH settings. My stone has weight in the depth so it has to be a bit high. Sadly, I am so used to this ring that it really does not seem so big to me anymore...I love it though, and feel it speaks for itself. I just think your settng is one of the prettiest I have ever seen and would love it with a bigger stone if you do it, that would balance out the side stones you are concerned about! "

Thanks -yes 4/5 carat would balance the sides and give me a little more mass on my finger without getting too big for me. This ring was not an upgrade so to speak. I had a 3.25 carat before and the setting fell apart. The insurance covered the mounting but as I started working on it I decided one thing I had never like about my other EC was the polish was only Good. And it always seemed to have a film on it so I got a new 3 carat..........I am not sure why I didnt just go for it then but i really did nt want a bigger stone at the time. Funny about the mounting: it was made by Leon Mege. I personally had a very bad experience with him and would never use him again but he did work I believe for Cartier and Cellini. By the way--what is the ratio on your stone--its absolutely perfect! and your stone has those old school Harry Winston shoulders/corners like mine............love it love it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My stone is 13.71 by 10.03 by 6.20, ration of l to w 1.37...Sad to say I do not really know what those numbers mean! It is definitely not square but it is not long and skinny either...I think it has some weight in the girdle and the depth, but did not analyze those so much, trusted Tiffany''s to pick a nice stone. I had also seen a 10 plus carat there that was very square and deep and I did not think it faced up that size. You have to see them all. I think Leon Mege, (Spelling?) among a couple of other vendors here, make the most gorgeous settings...amazing. I am sorry you had a bad experience. His stuff sure looks amazing. I have a bracelet from Cellini and it is gorgeous...if he does work or did work for them, I can see why his stuff is so great. I really had debated the split shank pave halo, had almost gotten to see one from my cousin who is a jeweler, but in the end went for more traditional of a look. But I am serious when I say I think yours is so nice, and assuming that a larger stone would not cause the setting to spill over to the side too much, I think it is so pretty. I also have large hands, long fingers, and wear a 6 plus. I do not think my stone looks overly big on my hand. Hand size makes a difference, I think...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 9:48:07 AM
Author: diamondfan
My stone is 13.71 by 10.03 by 6.20, ration of l to w 1.37...Sad to say I do not really know what those numbers mean! It is definitely not square but it is not long and skinny either...I think it has some weight in the girdle and the depth, but did not analyze those so much, trusted Tiffany''s to pick a nice stone. I had also seen a 10 plus carat there that was very square and deep and I did not think it faced up that size. You have to see them all. I think Leon Mege, (Spelling?) among a couple of other vendors here, make the most gorgeous settings...amazing. I am sorry you had a bad experience. His stuff sure looks amazing. I have a bracelet from Cellini and it is gorgeous...if he does work or did work for them, I can see why his stuff is so great. I really had debated the split shank pave halo, had almost gotten to see one from my cousin who is a jeweler, but in the end went for more traditional of a look. But I am serious when I say I think yours is so nice, and assuming that a larger stone would not cause the setting to spill over to the side too much, I think it is so pretty. I also have large hands, long fingers, and wear a 6 plus. I do not think my stone looks overly big on my hand. Hand size makes a difference, I think...
1.37 is perfect--i think if they are too square they look to blocky and if too skinny like a baguette. mine is 1.35........thanks--i am hoping there is a way to keep the setting and fit a slightly bigger stone into it but the traps are cut right into the underside of the girdle --everything meshes so dont think it will work realistically. I must say I get a ridiculous amount of compliments --even from jewelers who see things a thousand times bigger..........one person i wont name but a to the stars/socialites jeweler asked to look at it--and said this is absolutely gorgeous. you just dont see design like this the stone is splendid--blah blah....made me feel good! Which is one reason i dont know for sure i want to do anything............

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow WS, with compliments like that, I''d start second guessing any thoughts I had about changing it, too! Have you actually talked to anyone about the feasibility of changing out the center stone for a slightly larger one? I''d be curious to hear what they say. I suppose another possibility could be to raise the EC a wee bit in it''s current mounting. That might give it a slightly bigger, more ''solitaire'' look. Whatever you decide to do (or not do)...it is indeed stunning as is!

And this is for Kristy Darling: I''m going to be thinking of you this coming Friday, (tomorrow???) hoping you''re proudly and joyfully wearing your new treasure! I bet they''ll be absolutely thrilled for you. And if someone isn''t, then that''s her problem!
2.gif

widget

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

Your ring is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS AND STUNNING. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just imagine how it sparkles in the sunlight. If I were you, I would be sitting outside all day, wiggling my fingers in the sun
35.gif

If you get a chance, could you also post a picture of your Tanzanite ring? I have one myself. I really like them also.

Linda

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Hi diamondfan,

Your ring is stunning!!! I am a big ec fan myself! What is the table and depth percentage of your gorgeous stone?

pb

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again, do not know what these mean but I think depth is 61.8 and table is 66% Does that seem right?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 12:02:24 PM
Author: Linda W
Diamondfan,

Your ring is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS AND STUNNING. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just imagine how it sparkles in the sunlight. If I were you, I would be sitting outside all day, wiggling my fingers in the sun
35.gif

If you get a chance, could you also post a picture of your Tanzanite ring? I have one myself. I really like them also.

Linda

Thanks! I will try to post it soon. It is a three or so cushion, and I really like the new setting. It really modernized it. It has a beautiful pansy purple color which I love! What is yours like?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is the one I posted about that I had a nightmare with the jeweler. Mine is a 1.92 c. That he set into a ring. I also have a 1.45c stone and a 2.00c stone. All 3 are the dark colored that change in the light with the red flashes. I love them. I only wear my ring for special dates with my hubby. Too afraid of chipping it. I also have a beautiful pair of earrings that we bought in Mexico a few years ago.

I was going to give it to my daughter, but I know she wouldn''t take care of it like I would, so I am going to give her a sapphire ring for her bday instead in Sept.

Linda

widget

Ideal_Rock
Linda....have you posted any pictures of your tanzanite ring? I'd love to see it!

widget

ETA: I remember your thread...it was the source of Richard Hughes' now famous "loupe shooting" quote...LOL

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Widget,

No I haven''t. My computer crashed last month and I don''t know how to use this new scanner yet. I have to have DH help me with it. I promise to do it soon.

Yes, The Loupe was famous wasn''t it? LOL LOL.

Begood

Rough_Rock
DF, KD and WS:

After reading this tread, I felt like I needed to chime in. I''m not one who usually responds with a lengthy message but I just wanted to say that I couldn''t agree with you more about not "letting some negativity becoming my reality, and spoiling what makes me happy!"

It really saddens me to hear that these so call "friends"/"relatives" are so inconsiderate and judgmental in their response or gestures. Being happy for another person should never have any boundaries....just because an individual doesn''t have the same interest does not justify any rude or uncomfortable comments and/or reactions. So, DF, KD and WS, wear your rings because they are all so stunning. And since you can afford to buy your collection of jewels and watches...wear them proudly. My husband has always said that it wouldn''t make sense to hide such beautiful pieces in the safe...enjoy it....otherwise, don''t buy it.

KD, you shouldn''t have to feel like you need to lie to your friends. They should be happy for you and be willing to share your stories and excitement. I''ve had the pleasure of meeting KD. From the short time that we spent together over lunch and windowshopping/trying on various diamond rings, she strikes me to be a very kind and easy going person. Although it was the first time we met, I had the impresssion that she was comfortable and able to enjoy herself because she didn''t need to hide or justify her ring. I hope that your best friend will come around and be happy for you when you sport out your new piece. BTW, I can''t wait to see the pictures.

I''ve been fortunate to have friends that are very supportive and non-judgmental. Yes, we realize that we may have different and also some similiar interests -- but we are very considerate in that we never critize one another (if you don''t have anything nice to say than don''t say anything at all). Of course, if we need to voice our opinion, it''s usually done tactfully. Since becoming a mother 6 years ago, I vowed that I wouldn''t tolerate or associate with people with negative behaviors or allow them to enter or affect my life or the people that I love. It''s working so far.

DF, I love and collect watches too! I can see major trouble if we went shopping together.

Just,
Begood

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begood! Yay, you''re back!!! I''ve been hoping that you''d come around again. You know about how that hacker got into my old computer, right? Well, I no longer have access to my old email address book, so I haven''t been able to get back in touch with you. We need to go ring-windowshopping again!!! I wish there was a way that we could PM each other cuz I want to send you my new email address. I really enjoyed meeting you, you are so much fun! I think the reason I was so comfy wearing my diamond around you was because I knew you were as diamond-crazy as me!
3.gif
You''re right though, I need to stop thinking about this whole diamond thing through my friends'' eyes and just stop wasting my mental energy on it. Anyway, stick around and maybe we can find a way to get each others'' email address again! (I want to show you my diamond in its new Leon Mege home, it''s arriving tomorrow, yippee!)

Again DF, sorry to hijack! See how much of a cozy hangout your thread has become? I think that reflects upon you very well.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How come we can''t PM anymore? I must have missed a thread why that feature is no longer available.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begood, I could not agree more and you posted so articulately. I have reached a point where I cannot tolerate what I call "psychic vampires"...people who suck you dry emotionally and NEVER give anything in return. With my own sister, I sadly had to accept her jealousy was eating away at her...and causing the most ugly and vile venom to come out of her mouth. She took joy in tearing me apart, it gave her pleasure to insult me and call me shallow and materialistic...the funny part was, she is all those things without any really redeeming traits...and her denial, her irefusal to look inward and accept herself has become a way of life for her. It was so ugly and nasty that I had to decide if I wanted to continue this charade of a relationship, one that left me hurt and upset 99.9% of the time, or end the farce, facing the truth and the hurt but ending it from continuing. She did something to my son in November (she has no kids but that is no excuse) and I just about flew to England to choke her to death. That was the final final straw (as I had already decided we were done) and I have felt no regret. I used to feel regreat and tried so hard to make her love me and be kind, realized she was too empty inside and have now accepted I have to mourn what I WANTED my sister to be. She never was it and never will be. When someone loves you, they love you in totality. My friends do tease me because I love all the girly stuff, and collect it in quantity when I can, but they know I am not a superficial person. They know they can trust me and count on me as a friend. I am a supportive wife and loving mother and I always try to have empathy and kindness in my dealings with people. Other than my mother in law who I avoid as much as I can but cannot totally remove from my life, I just do not want to spend time with petty nasty people who cannot find a nice word to say, or begood, like you say, keep their mouth''s shut!!! So, I enjoy my things and wear them happily, knowing they are not the end all be all of life but they don''t suck either!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

I could not agree with you more. I just ended a "friendship" with a woman down the street. She literally sucked me dry. I was always there for her, death of her mother, etc. When I lost my father. not a word from her. When I had surgery in November, not a phone call. I realized it was a one way friendship and I was exhausting myself over nothing.

Linda

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy,

I almost posted this last night and didn''t. But in light of what your best friend said about your diamond, I''ll tell you what my friend said!

I told her that I was thinking about an upgrade as my husband wanted to get me something nice for our next anniversary. Her response was that she decided years ago that things like that were not important to her. She proceeded to ask me if she had told me what had happened to her original e-ring. Now understand that she is also outspoken and reacts without thinking at times! She said she was at church years ago, and they were raising money for some heartfelt, worthy cause, and knowing that they had little to give (she was a stay at home mom with young kids), she put her RING in the offering plate!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the heart attack she must have caused her husband to have????
6.gif

So suffice it to say, I realize I won''t get too many ooohs and ahhhs from my friends with my new diamond either, and I am only going from a 1.0 to 1.44. And that is part of the reason I won''t go higher. It''s sort of a compromise to get something I am comfortable wearing but still get a really great stone. It is very nice to be able to come here where people genuinely enjoy seeing the treasures of others!

Diamondfan, I am really sorry about your sister, but I can''t blame you for cutting off such an unhealthy relationship. She must be one miserable person. It''s good she doesn''t have kids.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF -- the more I hear about your sister, the more I''m amazed at how people like her can actually function day-to-day in the real world. How can someone wake up each day and deal with such negativity and bitterness in themselves? I bet she''s probably a road-rager too. I''m sad for you, I''ve never had a sister and have always wanted one. So it''s really tragic to me when a pair of sisters'' relationship deteriorates so badly. It sounds like you did everything you could though. Sometimes people are just blinded by their own venom.
39.gif

DS2006 -- that''s quite a story! I bet THAT little tale caused you to just stop dead in your tracks and swear never again to mention upgrades in her presence, huh?! Wow.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I am sorry about your dad and your surgery. At the very least a phone call would not be too much to ask, I would think! It is wise you ended the friendship. Though sad, people like this never seem to see how they affect others. My sister is always a "victim"...nothing is EVER her fault. Come on, we are supposed to believe that?! What is more aggravating is that people like that tend to be good at ''hooking" people into their world. Needless to say, it does not last long...usually people get wise and remove themself from the toxic person''s path. I always am suspicious of people who seem to cycle through groups of friends til they have worn out their welcome and go on to the next group...I am thrilled to make new friends, but always keep my old friends near to me. I have met some people since moving here and I tell you I went running in the other direction. Some people said, "She seems nice" and I would say nothing really. Pretty soon, the horrble stories start coming out...and whoa, people start to scatter. Better for you to distance yourself...all give and no take on your part is not a healthy balance at all.

Diamond: I am a charitable person, and my husband gives many hours to a local charity in his "free" time...but I would never do something like throw my ring like that if I was still married!!! Maybe if I were divorced and the ring just brought bad energy or karma to me, I would want it to go to the greater good...but not in front of my dh, I think, honestly, it was an impulsive act and she probably hurt him in doing so! You never can really figure some people out, can you?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan you are so wise. No it isn''t healthy that is why we remove ourselves from these kind of people. The close friends I do have, have been close for me for 30 plus years. The ones that drain us, we say goodbye too.

I am sorry about your sister. My brother is sort of like that in a different way. He is all " me me me me". Never asks about us, or if he does, the conversation goes back to him. He drives my daughter and I nutso. My dh ignores it. That is the way he is though, he will never change. My mom always defends him, I guess she would, that is her son.

Linda

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Diamondfan- I am in LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
with your big ol'' rock!!!!

This is my new upgrade dream rock, I only like emerald''s when they are huge and they are the only cut I like huge, I haven''t even gotten my first rock yet, he has it and I THOUGHT it was big, but wait until before hears that this is what I want next, hehehe, poor poor guy...

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 7:53:47 PM
DF -- the more I hear about your sister, the more I''m amazed at how people like her can actually function day-to-day in the real world. How can someone wake up each day and deal with such negativity and bitterness in themselves? I bet she''s probably a road-rager too. I''m sad for you, I''ve never had a sister and have always wanted one. So it''s really tragic to me when a pair of sisters'' relationship deteriorates so badly. It sounds like you did everything you could though. Sometimes people are just blinded by their own venom.
39.gif

DS2006 -- that''s quite a story! I bet THAT little tale caused you to just stop dead in your tracks and swear never again to mention upgrades in her presence, huh?! Wow.

Kristy, she functions because she completely has an alternate reality. She NEVER takes the blame. She offends and upsets people, and when they confront her it is THEIR fault. She literally refuses to ever back down or apologize. She did some awful things to me recently (and has my whole life frankly) and I called her on the stuff she did. NOT ONCE did she ever say she was sorry for hurting me or for her actions. Even if she wanted to claim she did not mean it, but that is what came out, not for a second did I even get that crumb. She is truly awful! And guess what, I joke with my step sister who is incredible that she is the sister I should have always had. I think since I was born my sister has been jealous and filled with anger. She is married to a guy in England now and we think most of his family must be on to her by now. He might not be yet (a few bricks shy of a load maybe?) but the time will likely come that he figures it out. When, AGAIN, she comes running back, I am NOT going to be there for more of the same. I say, pick your best friend and make her your honorary sister!!!! Works better in the long run. Mine is just not worth the effort on any level, and boy it is killing my mom cause she is so bad to her too, and she is 79 years old! Give it a rest...let the woman have some peace!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan:

I was thinking about your beautiful EC and I have a question. Your husband got it from Tiffany and CO and clearly at that size the cost is not a significant issue at T & co or anywhere else. And of course T & co and other big names probably have better access to big stones than say Whiteflash (no offense intended). Did you get your EC band fromm them and do you only buy from the big name jewelers? Just curious about your thoughts on that

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My studs and ring are from Tiffany''s. I do not know the price of the ring or earrings, but know they were obviously retail plus, but since I traded my other Tiffany ring in to them, I am not sure of the details.

My band was made at a local jeweler who is wholesaler for lots of big name jewelers. His diamond setter is also a setter for Harry Winston, that is what I was told. His name is fairly well know (the wholesaler), I see his adds all the time.

If I am buying something fun I go to a couple of sources locally. I also buy at Saks, like the Roberto Coin or another name designer. I am happy for my hubby to get stuff from whereever as long as it is nice, he likes Tiffany''s. I have a couple of items I would like in the future and do not really care where he goes for them, I will leave it up to him...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, I think Tiffany''s gets first pick, BUT, at that size and quality there are not many. Company wide they had only a handful...they did have one that was 10 carat d flawless for 1,000,000.00 and boy I wanted to just see it for the heck of it....but my sales guy said there was a premium on the price only because at 8-10 carats which was the range I looked in, he did not have loads to look at. In the couple months I looked, there and elsewhere, NO ONE had one at hand. They would have had to go to their sources, and prices could be driven up when the suppliers knew there was so much interest. Since Tiffany''s gets first pick and is fairly strict, I felt comfortable with the process, but even when I told them to start looking, they did not have more than one or two at a time to show me. In all, I saw 4 or so at the most...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 5:15:05 PM
Begood! Yay, you''re back!!! I''ve been hoping that you''d come around again. You know about how that hacker got into my old computer, right? Well, I no longer have access to my old email address book, so I haven''t been able to get back in touch with you. We need to go ring-windowshopping again!!! I wish there was a way that we could PM each other cuz I want to send you my new email address. I really enjoyed meeting you, you are so much fun! I think the reason I was so comfy wearing my diamond around you was because I knew you were as diamond-crazy as me!
3.gif
You''re right though, I need to stop thinking about this whole diamond thing through my friends'' eyes and just stop wasting my mental energy on it. Anyway, stick around and maybe we can find a way to get each others'' email address again! (I want to show you my diamond in its new Leon Mege home, it''s arriving tomorrow, yippee!)

Again DF, sorry to hijack! See how much of a cozy hangout your thread has become? I think that reflects upon you very well.
1.gif

All are welcome!! I am glad this is the case, some other threads of late have been a bit scary! I will be asking more about your story too some day soon...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results