shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 12:33:02 AM
Author: diamondfan
My studs and ring are from Tiffany''s. I do not know the price of the ring or earrings, but know they were obviously retail plus, but since I traded my other Tiffany ring in to them, I am not sure of the details.

My band was made at a local jeweler who is wholesaler for lots of big name jewelers. His diamond setter is also a setter for Harry Winston, that is what I was told. His name is fairly well know (the wholesaler), I see his adds all the time.

If I am buying something fun I go to a couple of sources locally. I also buy at Saks, like the Roberto Coin or another name designer. I am happy for my hubby to get stuff from whereever as long as it is nice, he likes Tiffany''s. I have a couple of items I would like in the future and do not really care where he goes for them, I will leave it up to him...
thanks --i wasnt asking about price more where and why............certainly not like you can go wrong at Tiffany!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

I love Tiffany''s. My DH and I bought a sapphire and diamond ring there a few years ago, then went back and bought the band to match. Sometimes I substitute that as my wedding set.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess it started because we were new to the area, did not know any local jewelers...and my cousin, who is a jeweler in LA, was too far away to keep sending stones for him. He like the service there, and liked that they had all the stores to pull from, and he really enjoyed educating himself about diamonds. Since my original ering was not a great stone and we had not know that it was not, and it came from a family friend to boot, I think he liked the safety of Tiffany''s. We know some good local jewelers now, and would feel comfortable buying most things from them. BUT, he also is fairly private and I think he really wanted to keep this more quiet...my community is small and people can be gossipy, so going to someone we socialize with was not a comfortable thing for him to do, even though he trusts our friends in the jewelry business...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds beautiful! do you have pictures??!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, and I have to learn how to use this new scanner and post the picts to this forum. Otherwise, I will ask the PriceScope Moderators to help me, like they did with my dog Mazie''s picture. They were so kind to do it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 12:54:42 AM
I guess it started because we were new to the area, did not know any local jewelers...and my cousin, who is a jeweler in LA, was too far away to keep sending stones for him. He like the service there, and liked that they had all the stores to pull from, and he really enjoyed educating himself about diamonds. Since my original ering was not a great stone and we had not know that it was not, and it came from a family friend to boot, I think he liked the safety of Tiffany''s. We know some good local jewelers now, and would feel comfortable buying most things from them. BUT, he also is fairly private and I think he really wanted to keep this more quiet...my community is small and people can be gossipy, so going to someone we socialize with was not a comfortable thing for him to do, even though he trusts our friends in the jewelry business...
interesting: we originally bought from a family (inlaws) jeweler. Horrible stone ........so my husband trusts no one. plus you are right the anonymity is worth something (we have family down where you are) its a very small community...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
ooooh...shiny. (is at a loss for words)
16.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 9:32:27 AM
Author: windowshopper

interesting: we originally bought from a family (inlaws) jeweler. Horrible stone ........so my husband trusts no one. plus you are right the anonymity is worth something (we have family down where you are) its a very small community...

That is a key thing to my dh. He just felt it best to keep it very mellow. I buy some stuff from local people, but could not really argue this point. And, he knew I was so upset about my ring...that drill mark or what ever it was was just upseting to me...I felt that we maybe got taken for a ride a bit...not that the stone had been hugely expensive but it was a lot for him at the time, and he tried to be educated about stones, really selected and thought he knew when he bought it that he had some knowledge...live and learn, I guess...I do not even know if the family friend knows I upgraded...we have not seen her in a long time! And, I did keep the stone, it does have sentimental value to me...WS...where in the general area is you family?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 2:48:42 PM

Date: 4/28/2006 9:32:27 AM

That is a key thing to my dh. He just felt it best to keep it very mellow. I buy some stuff from local people, but could not really argue this point. And, he knew I was so upset about my ring...that drill mark or what ever it was was just upseting to me...I felt that we maybe got taken for a ride a bit...not that the stone had been hugely expensive but it was a lot for him at the time, and he tried to be educated about stones, really selected and thought he knew when he bought it that he had some knowledge...live and learn, I guess...I do not even know if the family friend knows I upgraded...we have not seen her in a long time! And, I did keep the stone, it does have sentimental value to me...WS...where in the general area is you family?
we knew nothing and totally got taken advantage of..............ugh anothe rstory. they live in a neighborhood with all these enormous stone houses--sort of near villanova i think. their son goes to that haverfod school for boys (i ve only been there twice)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is pretty much most of the Main Line! It is a gorgeous area. We moved here from LA and could not believe the ground and trees, so much more spacious...Haverford is an excellent school. I wanted co ed for my sons since I have only boys and their camp is all boys too...but it is a great school!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 10:17:07 PM
that is pretty much most of the Main Line! It is a gorgeous area. We moved here from LA and could not believe the ground and trees, so much more spacious...Haverford is an excellent school. I wanted co ed for my sons since I have only boys and their camp is all boys too...but it is a great school!
yes beautiful area...........as i said only there a couple times. it seemed verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry conservative to me. (dress, demeanor--not necessarily politically)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I call it something a bit different but it has the same meaning in a way. I think it can be a bit provincal. However, I LOVE it here. I grew up in LA and this was SUCH a culture shock, but we have the best lifestyle here. LA was great, grew up there, college etc, but it is so crowded and dirty. When I go back for any reason, I certainly miss certain things...but have no overall desire to live there again...I am settled and happy here!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:45:59 AM
I call it something a bit different but it has the same meaning in a way. I think it can be a bit provincal. However, I LOVE it here. I grew up in LA and this was SUCH a culture shock, but we have the best lifestyle here. LA was great, grew up there, college etc, but it is so crowded and dirty. When I go back for any reason, I certainly miss certain things...but have no overall desire to live there again...I am settled and happy here!
actually provincial is a much better word. where i grew up was the same. nyc was/is a massive culture shock to me. but i do love it in certain ways. there is good and bad and in between everywhere............i am glad you are happy there.............

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 10:37:28 AM

actually provincial is a much better word. where i grew up was the same. nyc was/is a massive culture shock to me. but i do love it in certain ways. there is good and bad and in between everywhere............i am glad you are happy there.............

I feel I get the best of all worlds, nice suburbs, great schools, Philly is getting to be a great place with culture, restaurants, etc...but New York and DC are so accessible...plus we have great friends...so that is what makes it work so well. Could do without snow and ice, but overall it is not so bad...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:04:34 PM

Date: 4/29/2006 10:37:28 AM

I feel I get the best of all worlds, nice suburbs, great schools, Philly is getting to be a great place with culture, restaurants, etc...but New York and DC are so accessible...plus we have great friends...so that is what makes it work so well. Could do without snow and ice, but overall it is not so bad...
Philadelphia is such a historic city--it seems to be on an upswing. Question for you Diamondfan: I think you (might have been someone respondinng to your initial ring/pix post) said you like watches. I am contemplating a new sport-y-ish watch. I love/hate the chanel ceramics white and black but a good friend says for the $$$$ its stupid. I am better off with the classics like cartier/rolex etc. I had a rolex that i traded for something a while back--didnt love it. Any suggestions?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the chanel white ceramic, which I really only love for summer or spring. I have a stainless rolex with a rose gold face and I have a couple cartiers in stainless (tank francaise and tank demoiselle) and a bertolucci in stainless with diamonds. I also have Michelle watches and also a Philippe Stein teslar, all with diamonds. I rotate them and like them. The hermes H without diamonds is also nice but it is a leather strap not metail. The Chanel is trendy and I do love it, but not for all the time...feel free to ask me anything else...:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondfan, i think i saw you say that you have alot of jewelry pieces, can you post them ? would love to see a collection!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. It''s stunning and looks so lovely on your finger.

WOW!!!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 3:27:55 PM
I have the chanel white ceramic, which I really only love for summer or spring. I have a stainless rolex with a rose gold face and I have a couple cartiers in stainless (tank francaise and tank demoiselle) and a bertolucci in stainless with diamonds. I also have Michelle watches and also a Philippe Stein teslar, all with diamonds. I rotate them and like them. The hermes H without diamonds is also nice but it is a leather strap not metail. The Chanel is trendy and I do love it, but not for all the time...feel free to ask me anything else...:)
thanks---appreciate the info. i love that white chanel but cant bring myself to buy it.............i was contemplating a round hermes model but i think i want a metal or otherwise (not leather) strap--

Would I like to play in your jewelry box for a day!
emteeth.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WS, my son goes to Haverford, small world huh?? But he''s leaving to go to Boarding school next year, wants to be in a coed enviornment. What other watches are you considering?? Sorry for the hijack diamondfan
3.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 6:12:45 PM
Author: kaleigh
WS, my son goes to Haverford, small world huh?? But he''s leaving to go to Boarding school next year, wants to be in a coed enviornment. What other watches are you considering?? Sorry for the hijack diamondfan
3.gif
hilarious..........it is a very very small world. i am not really sure..........i have two dressier watches, both cartier but i want a true sporty watch that can get wet etc. I was contemplating some version of the pasha or the big newer santos..........but 3 of the same brand? rolex just doesnt do anything for me BUT mine was a "ladies" size and a bigger size may give me a better look. the chanel in white really floats my boat but --somehow spending alot of money on anything but patek, rolex, cartier etc seems crazy...............

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 6:23:52 PM

3.gif
hilarious..........it is a very very small world. i am not really sure..........i have two dressier watches, both cartier but i want a true sporty watch that can get wet etc. I was contemplating some version of the pasha or the big newer santos..........but 3 of the same brand? rolex just doesnt do anything for me BUT mine was a ''ladies'' size and a bigger size may give me a better look. the chanel in white really floats my boat but --somehow spending alot of money on anything but patek, rolex, cartier etc seems crazy...............

No doubt the Chanel is trendy and I would not wear white except summer and spring, but I do love it. I hated it at first but it grew on me. I agree that I like larger sized watches for the most part, and definitely for sporty. The Rolex yachtsmanor submariner is nice and both can get wet. I also like Breitling. (do not know about the waterproofness (is that a word?) of it. Tag Heuer makes some, not as much a woman''s watch as a man''s to me...Another choice, VERY inexpensive but very durable and cute is the Swiss Army Officers in stainless with diamonds. I bought one for my neice for her graduation and loved it so I got one, I thought it was great when I travel, too. It looks nice enough to wear out, but can get wet, and be the only watch I take with me on a trip or to the beach. I am not as concerned if something happens to it (like someone stealing it on vacation or if I lose it) and it is fun. Not a big deal price wise. I have always loved the Baume Mercier 24, but do not think it is water safe. I love the look of a very chunky watch in stainless for day time...I think rolex would be the best bet. I do not love the typical Presidential...my watch is different, the links are flat, it does not have the rolex bubble on the face, it has a rose gold face which I love, and it does not scream rolex or look like your typical 18 k gold Presidential...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 12:24:29 AM

Date: 4/29/2006 6:23:52 PM

3.gif
hilarious..........it is a very very small world. i am not really sure..........i have two dressier watches, both cartier but i want a true sporty watch that can get wet etc. I was contemplating some version of the pasha or the big newer santos..........but 3 of the same brand? rolex just doesnt do anything for me BUT mine was a ''ladies'' size and a bigger size may give me a better look. the chanel in white really floats my boat but --somehow spending alot of money on anything but patek, rolex, cartier etc seems crazy...............

No doubt the Chanel is trendy and I would not wear white except summer and spring, but I do love it. I hated it at first but it grew on me. I agree that I like larger sized watches for the most part, and definitely for sporty. The Rolex yachtsmanor submariner is nice and both can get wet. I also like Breitling. (do not know about the waterproofness (is that a word?) of it. Tag Heuer makes some, not as much a woman''s watch as a man''s to me...Another choice, VERY inexpensive but very durable and cute is the Swiss Army Officers in stainless with diamonds. I bought one for my neice for her graduation and loved it so I got one, I thought it was great when I travel, too. It looks nice enough to wear out, but can get wet, and be the only watch I take with me on a trip or to the beach. I am not as concerned if something happens to it (like someone stealing it on vacation or if I lose it) and it is fun. Not a big deal price wise. I have always loved the Baume Mercier 24, but do not think it is water safe. I love the look of a very chunky watch in stainless for day time...I think rolex would be the best bet. I do not love the typical Presidential...my watch is different, the links are flat, it does not have the rolex bubble on the face, it has a rose gold face which I love, and it does not scream rolex or look like your typical 18 k gold Presidential...
Okay--so do you have the chanel chronograph or the regulat one--diamonds? going to look around today. sounds like you have a rolex cellini or a vintage one. i had the yachtmaster ....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the regular rolex, with the oyster bracelet. It is not vintage, I think it is just the presidential in stainless. It is the midsize so not too tiny. My chanel is the plain one without the diamonds. I did not love it enough to invest that money, but liked the idea of it. My decision was, get the plain one, so if you decide you are tired of it you have not spent tons of money on it. I forget the retail since I bought it last summer, but I like it, and will pull it out soon to use. I also have a BedatNumber 3 in stainless with diamonds, I LOVE THIS watch and cannot believe I forgot it. It has diamonds all around the bezel and on the sides. I also have it it yellow gold with diamonds. Not water resistant, though. I love the yachtmaster. But there are a couple of other ones in the more sporty category, I would just look again. They have also revamped one of their watches and it looks interesting. I was never a big rolex lover, but I love the one I got for some reason. (because it is more understated). Keep us informed !

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
THANKS! appreciate it--(i feel the same way about the diamonds on the chanel...actually almost makes it a tad overkill/tacky) the white is so pure and nice

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 9:24:49 AM
THANKS! appreciate it--(i feel the same way about the diamonds on the chanel...actually almost makes it a tad overkill/tacky) the white is so pure and nice

That is what I thought. The white is sooo noticable, and the extra cost for the diamonds was so insane (thousands more for some diamonds around the bezel)...it was a fashion watch to me, so I thought I was best to satisfy my itch with just the plain. I do like it, and will use it, but do not regret not having the diamonds...let us know what you find...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey watch girls...can I jump in here for some opinions/suggestions?

(BTW, I did a google search to find a picture of the white ceramic Chanel you''re talking about. REALLY cool looking watch!!)

I''m currently "toying" with the idea of trading my current YG watch (Patek Aquanaut) for something a little less sporty, and blingier....It turns out I really don''t wear the Aquanaut very often.

So far, below is one I''m thinking of, only with a black leather strap instead of brown. It''s a Breguet "Heritage". I like it not only because it''s yummy, but because it has a "silvered" face which I hope would make it ''easier'' for me to wear with white metal jewelry. What do you think?

Can you think of any others that might be interesting? For some reason, I really don''t care for the usual "two tone" watches.

I''m really just dreaming here. Don''t imagine doing anything in the "forseeable future".
5.gif

widget

PS Oh, and BTW, I need a watch that I can easily tell time with without having to find my reading glasses!!
39.gif

jytr.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
love this beyond belief! i will take a picture of my dressy watch...very similar to this. and yes guiloche silvers up the look!

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Diamondfan-

Sounds you have like a lovely collection! Could you possibly take some pics of your jewelry box for us? :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I have been into jewelry for so long and have been collecting. I told Kaleigh when we got together that if Nan''s coming soon she can help me...she seems to be an amazing photographer and poster!! Maybe when and if she can get up here we can have a jewelry party!! I seriously love the stuff (ans shoes and make up and purses and clothes...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results