shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the proportions...mine is definitely emerald shaped, not square, but it is not too skinny...While I like asschers, I did not want a square emerald, which to me defeated my purpose of an emerald cut...but my stone has bulk which I like. I do have larger hands, not huge, but not dainty and petite, and I just did not like the skinny narrow look on my finger!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:41:02 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love the proportions...mine is definitely emerald shaped, not square, but it is not too skinny...While I like asschers, I did not want a square emerald, which to me defeated my purpose of an emerald cut...but my stone has bulk which I like. I do have larger hands, not huge, but not dainty and petite, and I just did not like the skinny narrow look on my finger!
when one has long fingers--square, round, rounded stones dont have enough length to balance the fngers...................i was dying for a cushion a long time ago but discovered they were too knobby on my hand..........i wouldve gone with a more rectangular cushion if i couldve find one or the EC which suits me best

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also loved cushions and even asschers, but did not like the proportions on my hand, did not like how it covered the acreage of my finger...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you dont by any chance have shoulder length brown hair and eyes?
emotion-40.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I have long hair, used to be naturally light but I have it highlighted...my hair is to my shoulder blades when it is blown out straight) and blue eyes...why?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 9:50:00 PM
Author: diamondfan
No, I have long hair, used to be naturally light but I have it highlighted...my hair is to my shoulder blades when it is blown out straight) and blue eyes...why?
we seem to have a lot in common--age, birth month etc, hands etc.................just being silly...................

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, we definitely have a love of emerald cuts and watches..

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
How in the WORLD did I miss this thread??? Does it have it''s own zipcode? It''s FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
6.gif
23.gif
36.gif
I''m speechless!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, Snooper! Isn''t it DELECTABLE?? I want to just eat it up....or at the very least, go skating on it!
9.gif
This ring is what I aspire to someday. Someday. Someday. Someday. [sigh]

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are too kind! I saw your avatar and thought you had an e/c too...I love them, I must admit! I really need to have some good jewelry cleaner or something that works...I find it gets soo smudgy and dirty and really is so much prettier in person...everyone else has such gorgeous photos on here...the stones look so clean and I love the flower shots too...I did clean it when I had lunch with Kaleigh though...too ashamed to have another jewel nut see it looking so neglected...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 1:04:53 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I know, Snooper! Isn''t it DELECTABLE?? I want to just eat it up....or at the very least, go skating on it!
9.gif
This ring is what I aspire to someday. Someday. Someday. Someday. [sigh]

KD, remember when you asked me about DSS? I do not have it but boy one look at Grace Kelly''s ring in the Celebrity Ring thread and I want to say to mine...just grow, little one...Do you think Melania copied it? I had never seen a photo of GK''s ring before...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 12:57:55 AM
Author: Snooper
How in the WORLD did I miss this thread??? Does it have it''s own zipcode? It''s FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
6.gif
23.gif
36.gif
I''m speechless!!!!
I was speechless the first time I saw it in person too. The really cool thing is that diamondfan is such a great girl. And she let''s me try it on when we meet for coffee, or lunch!!! This stone has such fire, I can''t even begin to descibe it. Have to say it''s more amazing in person than any pics, trust me.....
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
AW, thanks Kaleigh...you have a gorgeous collection too! It is fun to play in the jewels...when we meet for lunch I feel like a crack addict waiting to see what you might have brought!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how did I miss this the first time?

It''s gorgeous!

aimdog

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s amazing!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I missed this thread too but that ring is FANTABULOUS!!!!!

Also, your sons sound like my dd, sometimes she''s such a witty smart arse LOL. I crack up daily. My BF has a son the same age (7) and he''s a wisecracker. She has a video of him drugged from appendix surgery and I''ve never laughed so hard in my life. He was sitting up in the hospital bed singing songs OMG. I couldn''t imagine living with him even though he''s a fantastic kid. My stomach would hurt from laughing and I can never keep a straight face.

I have never seen a big diamond in person. I live in Indiana and have a 1 carat and it''s very nice sized. My friend has a 3 carat in a tacori but she knows nothing about diamonds. I wanted to smack her when she bought it LOL.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Oh and I wanted to say, I CANNOT believe the family/friend jeweler stuff. It''s unbelievable how unscrupulous (sp?) some jewelers are even if you know them well. My first diamond came from dh''s cousin and he paid out the ass for a F VS1 with a 64% depth, 62.3% table, 1ct, 6.3mm diamond. UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE. I was so pissed.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 1:16:02 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/30/2006 12:57:55 AM
Author: Snooper
36.gif
6.gif
23.gif
36.gif
I''m speechless!!!!
I was speechless the first time I saw it in person too. The really cool thing is that diamondfan is such a great girl. And she let''s me try it on when we meet for coffee, or lunch!!! This stone has such fire, I can''t even begin to descibe it. Have to say it''s more amazing in person than any pics, trust me.....
31.gif
Wow, I''m even MORE jealous:) This is hands down, one of my favorite rings I have seen!! (unfortunetly not in person!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results