shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Why are there hate replies in a place like this? I thought the whole idea was to enjoy looking at, discussing, and purchasing very luxury items: diamonds and colored gems.

For me, this is inspiration. I just got a promotion at work, and now I am inspired to get out of my minor debt (Owe about 5,000 plus another 50,000 on the house) and set aside money to get a dreamy RHR of my own. I know a 9 carat emerald cut is out of reach, but there is a warmer, 2.2 ct on diamondtalk I dearly love....but I think it will sell before I can afford it.
Still, I can keep working, keep dreaming, and having a sparkler to go for makes work more enjoyable...

Just for fun, could we get a side by side shot of this great ring, and Camilla''s? I am curious about how the settings look on the hand.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 8:01:51 PM
Author: reader
Why are there hate replies in a place like this? I thought the whole idea was to enjoy looking at, discussing, and purchasing very luxury items: diamonds and colored gems.

For me, this is inspiration. I just got a promotion at work, and now I am inspired to get out of my minor debt (Owe about 5,000 plus another 50,000 on the house) and set aside money to get a dreamy RHR of my own. I know a 9 carat emerald cut is out of reach, but there is a warmer, 2.2 ct on diamondtalk I dearly love....but I think it will sell before I can afford it.
Still, I can keep working, keep dreaming, and having a sparkler to go for makes work more enjoyable...

Just for fun, could we get a side by side shot of this great ring, and Camilla''s? I am curious about how the settings look on the hand.

If someone can do it, it is fine with me, I cannot...I do not recall seeing any hate replies in this thread...am I missing something?

I hope you get your dream ring and I am sure you will!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Other threads have had them, and it is quite terrible that your sister, and other''s posters friends simply can''t just be pleased that someone in their life is happy, comfortable and able to have very fine things.
(If one of my friends showed up with a large diamond, I would want to go outside and watch it in the sunlight, but wouldn''t dream of saying something hateful to them)

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi reader...agreed...there haven''t been any ''hate replies'' here or on other threads on PS. Had there been, I''m confident the posters would have been banished.

There was some misunderstanding about name/label dropping a while ago, and is now ancient history.

I''ve never seen a closeup of Camilla''s ring...have you? From what I''ve seen of it (granted, pictured from a distance) it looked absolutely DEAD compared to DF''s diamond!!
3.gif

I think it''s great you''re preparing to oneday get your dream RHR. Naturallly, we''d love to hear about your progress...

widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean about people in our lives (as opposed to on the threads?) I understand now...Widget, I think there is picture of Camilla''s ring in this post if I am not mistaken!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 8:18:53 PM
Author: widget
Hi reader...agreed...there haven''t been any ''hate replies'' here or on other threads on PS. Had there been, I''m confident the posters would have been banished.

There was some misunderstanding about name/label dropping a while ago, and is now ancient history.

I''ve never seen a closeup of Camilla''s ring...have you? From what I''ve seen of it (granted, pictured from a distance) it looked absolutely DEAD compared to DF''s diamond!!
3.gif

I think it''s great you''re preparing to oneday get your dream RHR. Naturallly, we''d love to hear about your progress...

widget
widget, I had the pleasure of seeing this gorgeous ring on Friday. It is absolutely gorgeous and looks awesome on diamondfan''s hand. Camilla''s looked dark to me but never got to see a good pic of it. Diamonfan''s has such life to it, fire etc..

widget

Ideal_Rock
Lucky you, Kaleigh! Is she as nice in person as she is in print???
1.gif

widget

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Can I join the jewelry party? :) I would looove to see it in person.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 8:31:47 PM
1.gif

widget
Yessy she is!! Smart, witty and lots of fun. I am so glad we finally got to meet. I mentioned it earlier in this thread, probably a few pages back by now??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 8:45:08 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 4/30/2006 8:31:47 PM
1.gif

widget
Yessy she is!! Smart, witty and lots of fun. I am so glad we finally got to meet. I mentioned it earlier in this thread, probably a few pages back by now??

I''m blushing!!! Thanks for all of the kind words. As I have said, there are some awesome people here. It is really funny, I reread Kaleigh''s post from way back about herself. I replied to her then that I was so impressed with her and how she took some of the tough things in her world and came up stronger. I think what I said holds true now, and the more I have gotten to know her, the more I agree with it. Ain''t I smart?! She is really amazing. And I am sure if all of you lived here I would think it of you guys too! I am hoping to meet Miss Lorelei, my lovely pal, if I make it over to England...Pearberry, where do you live?

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Diamondfan-

I live in L.A. but wouldn''t mind traveling to meet you and see your drool-worthy ring. :)

pb

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks!!! You''re and ideal rock now!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHEEEEE! Thanks...and Pearberry, seems far to come for a look see, but if you come east let me know!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock

How on earth did I miss this thread???? Diamondfan your ring is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS AND STUNNING. WOWWOW!!!! Your collection sounds breathtaking, and you sound like an amazing lady! Have you seen the new gold tankissime Cartier watches? I am going to see if I can find a pic to post. Thank you for sharing your story and your fabulous ring! I would love to see more of your jewelry as well!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I would love to see it. I would love an everyday yellow gold watch, does not need diamonds. I have a dressy one, but not a day one. I love Cartier...there are a few of their watches I love, i have two but they are in stainless.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the rose gold one with diamonds, but here are a few options. Also, they are about half as thin as the regular tanks:

jomashop_1894_40321743.jpg

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
sorry those pics were ginormis!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous...I love rose gold too, but not sure I would get a watch that color. I have some bangles in it and some other tri gold little fun Barry Kronen necklaces, I want earrings, but have not seen any I like. Cartier has gorgeous stuff!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
re the newer model: tankissime. its beautiful but (imo) the watch is too small for the bracelet. its a little overwhelmed by the bracelet''s heft. its size makes it a tad hard to read.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not disagree, the proportions looked a bit off to me...but I LOVE watches!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
me too its a worse sickness than diamonds for me. i could have 100 watches and never tire of them

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I just have a shopping disease (and do not get me started on my insomnia, internet shopping at 2:00 am...could I blame it on Ambien?)

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Those Cartier watches are beautiful. Diamondfan, if you are ever out in LA, maybe we could have a Pricescope get together since your ring and other jewelry is so beautiful. Just a thought, but maybe a lunch out on the westside somewhere. :)

I haven''t ventured into designer watches, but I admire from afar.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 12:15:34 AM
Author: brneyedgrl
Those Cartier watches are beautiful. Diamondfan, if you are ever out in LA, maybe we could have a Pricescope get together since your ring and other jewelry is so beautiful. Just a thought, but maybe a lunch out on the westside somewhere. :)

I haven''t ventured into designer watches, but I admire from afar.

That sounds great. I grew up in LA so I do manage to get there sometimes, though not a lot in the 9 years I have lived here. I have some favorite restaurants that I miss a lot...

I have a lot of gorgeous watches. I started with a Bertolucci on my first anniversary that had some rose gold on it and I still love it, but I am so used to these gigunja watches these days that it looks tiny to me. I have a lovely concord palais, 18k white gold, with diamonds, gorgeous condition, it looks so small it could be a kids watch. it is dressier, but still. I think the trend with big might swing back again, but I still love the bigger ones for day or casual.

ALso, PLEASE enjoy both your rings. Saw your post about eternity bands. I think there are more comfy and less comfy, but it does take a bit of getting used to. Trust me, like getting used to your larger stone (mark my words I think you will), you too could get used to the eternity band...so keep it in mind!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooooh the rosegold is FABULOUS...i love it!!!! i secretly covet the tank francaise but i don''t even wear a watch!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 12:46:10 AM
Author: Mara
oooooooh the rosegold is FABULOUS...i love it!!!! i secretly covet the tank francaise but i don''t even wear a watch!!
'' How can you not wear one?!! You must be so prompt on your own steam. I cannot function, when I forget a watch because I am rushing, (I do not know how I can forget since I have a few to chose from...) I find I am constantly looking at my cell phone to see the time and feel naked without one!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i use my cell phone for everything, and also the clock in the car or on my computer...i just could never get used to a watch BUT if it was a cartier tank francaise i might reconsider!!!
31.gif
but i''m always late too actually. tee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results