shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, a new avatar with this stunning EC is definitely in order. Irina did mine, and she does a great job. Just ask her. I had problems with sizing it to fit, but sent her the pic and voila.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would consider it when I get a good, clean photo with a macro lens. I am working on it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
love your ring! it''s such a classic stunning beauty!
the emerald is the width of your finger! yum!

hope you don''t mind but i tried sizing a couple of pics for you to use as your avatar in the meantime.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think you should be able just to pull these off and insert it as your avatar.

can''t wait to see your new pics!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring (along with Matatora''s) is my fav!!!! It reminds me of Melania Trump''s e-ring...very classy!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It would be the width if I had narrower fingers!! (I cannot get the italics off)...Boo, someone else posted on a celbrity e ring thread that Melania''s was yellow or something, considering it was supposed to be D IF....I do not want my fingers on the avatar, just a photo of the ring would do!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring pics look great! The height of fabulous DF - the ring looks like the star it is gracing the PS page - you DESERVE this ring my friend!!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Lorelei, my buddy, thanks for your kind words and your help in this process!!!! Check your email if you are up! :)

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
diamondfan,

Your EC doesn''t look dirty to me! I love the colors it is throwing off and the sheer size of it - wow. Finally! I remember you first posting about this rock and wishing there were pics.

You mentioned in another thread this was your 2nd upgrade. Just wondering what your first E-ring was like? (I am always curious about the progression from a substantial rock to an enormous one - aspirations I guess you could say). Was it also an EC? Have you switched shapes along the way? And we must see pics of the eternity band sometime too ;-)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarita, long story long (tee hee)...I was youngish when I got engaged, did not really do my homework about shapes though I have ALWAYS loved anything sparkley. I was given a 1.53 round, nice and certainly respectable...I was in grad school at the time. However, it was set in yellow gold (which I like a lot, but for an e/r I love white metal for some reason!) and it was a very contemporary setting which is not me at all. Clincher was a friend of my fiance''s (now hubby) family made it, so there was NO way I could complain. Frankly, getting engaged was so exciting I really did not think beyond that for a long time. Fast forward ten years...we have now moved to the East coast. I am looking around at gorgeous rings of all sizes. I start drooling over emerald cuts in a big way, but figure no way is he gonna go for it. I do get him to agree that I can remount my stone in platinum, in a more classic setting. Go to have the ring done, come to discover my stone is not great quality...it had a drill mark into the center or something like that. Needless to say, I was not happy! This opens the door to discussing other shapes. Being new to the area, we did not know which jewelers were reputable, but there was a Tiffany''s here. He went, and got me a three stone e/c ring. Center was 3 carats, sides one carat each. E color, vvs1. Old ring became a bezel set pave halo pendant and I love it. When it came time to upgrade again, we traded it back to Tiffany''s since I certainly did not need to keep it. To be honest, I do not know what started me jonesing again...I was turning 40 and it was our 15th anniversary so maybe that got me thinking...but, truly, if I had not upgraded, my first e/c was beautiful. My new one does not have the color or clarity of the first e/c, but my cousin, a jeweler in LA, said G is near colorless and vs2 is also great. I think that was my only concern, because the first e/c was really clean and clear. This stone is cut well, so it looks great, a bit deep, but it really is amazing.

janf

Rough_Rock
Hi diamondfan,

Sorry if I am asking a rude question, approx. how much was your 9.22 emerald cut when you bought it?

Thanks,
janf

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the one part I had no part in. We traded in my other ring which obviously affected the total price. I know there are parameters on the upgrade policies, but left all that to my husband...did not want to think about it too much I guess!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2006 10:57:33 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
ITS AWESOME!!!!

I am a new fan of the emerald cut. I love it. Its just wonderful.. wow.. wow... wowwww!!!!
SDL I just wanted to say ( sorry DF for the quick hijack!) you look FANTASTIC! I love the new avatar pic, with your lighter and longer hair and you look gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
You are going to be a stunning bride!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 4:49:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/22/2006 10:57:33 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
ITS AWESOME!!!!

I am a new fan of the emerald cut. I love it. Its just wonderful.. wow.. wow... wowwww!!!!
SDL I just wanted to say ( sorry DF for the quick hijack!) you look FANTASTIC! I love the new avatar pic, with your lighter and longer hair and you look gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
You are going to be a stunning bride!
Bloody Hell....I''ll have to second that. It doesn''t look like the same lass!

SDL YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! (and 15-yrs younger too!)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
Your ring is MAGNIFICENT!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Thanks for posting the pictures.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is serious matter! Big and beautiful...
5.gif

''Bet it makes an impression wherever you bring it. online or not !

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF I was just comparing shots of Camilla''s 8 ct EC with yours and crafftygirl was right - yours is a monster compared to hers!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan....

I just had to jump back in here to say that I think your hands look great! (I had to go back and look again...was clearly distracted the first time
5.gif
)

Also...from the pictures I've seen, Camilla's looks like a dull chunk of glass compared to yours. I really love the proportions and obvious sparkle of your stone.

I just can't get over it!
3.gif

widget

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 1:11:36 AM
Author: diamondfan
I do not want my fingers on the avatar, just a photo of the ring would do!
I can make it diamondfan, do you want Tiff blue as a background color?
31.gif

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Diamondfan, your ring is beautiful! I like it better than Melania Trump''s ring. Wear it in happiness and health.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that looks great Irina! I bet DF will love it! Hope she logs in soon and sees it!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
love it Irina! love the extra bling touches too!!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
DiamondFan - I have to tell you it looks beautiful on your hand. Now that is one "Big" diamond..:)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 10:08:43 AM
Author: Pricescope
See - no fingers
9.gif

Oh Irina, you are the master! (I am bowing here!) Let me think, since I also like my smiley face!!! You have major talents, by the way!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s gonna be a super-cool avatar!!! NIIIIIICE!

Diamondfan.....so, I just gotta ask. Do you ever look at your beautiful sparkler and think, "Hmm. This is nice, but I can see myself upgrading in the future"????
9.gif
After all, none of us is immune to diamond shrinkage syndrome!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have to say ... that''s the prettiest EC I''ve EVER seen photographed!!! It''s PURE MAGIC. (Grew up an EC lover, ''cause that''s what my Mom had) But WOWWWWWWWW.
It IS prettier than all the celeb ring photos!

If you get Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome with that baby - there''s no hope for any of us!
23.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy, it is awful to say (and please know I am aware of it, and do not want to sound ungrateful or obnoxious!!!) but shrinkage has set in. When I say shrinkage has set in, I mean to say that I no longer see it as so large, likely because I am used to seeing it on my finger now, which I think is a natural occurence (not just with diamonds!) My husband would likely never allow me to upgrade it (I would never ask). I love the ring, but had some doubts in the beginning because I thought it carried some weight in the depth and girdle. But I know Tiffany''s would not sell a stone cut to look bigger than it is at the risk of sacrificing the quality of the stone, esp. an EC. The trouble was, when I started to look, they simply did not have a large inventory of stones that size. I remember looking at celebrity rings and seeing whose looked like the size it was. It was hard to make the determination. I think I looked at 4 in the store. I did see a couple stones at local jewelers, but since I could not compare them side by side it made it a bit difficult. You cannot just go by numbers, but need to see and compare in person. Of course I could see all the Tiffany ones at once and compare them, but otherwise had to go from memory. I saw it unset along with the three others they had. This was the most beautiful one by far. Of course, I love it and know it is an amazing ring...I enjoy it every day. Interestingly, my close friend got an asscher upgrade. She had a lovely pear and wore it for many years. Never thought her dh would allow an upgrade. He did, on her 40th. She got a large asscher, 8 or so carats, in a paved halo. Now she tells me (sheepishly) that she thinks her stone looks small (since asshcers can hold weight in the depth) and she wishes she had looked around more. So I know I am not alone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results