shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of My Emerald Cut (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is beautiful--it''s that simple!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see this in person!! I''m sure it''s fabulous!!!
9.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Diamondfan, I finally got a chance to get back online and take a look at your ring. It is simply perfect!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Also, I just took an unexpected stumble into the "other" thread. I didn't feel like adding to it -- it's already way too long -- but I would like to congratulate you for keeping your cool amidst the doo-doo flinging.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 4:57:05 PM
Author: momothree
Diamondfan, I finally got a chance to get back online and take a look at your ring. It is simply perfect!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Also, I just took an unexpected stumble into the ''other'' thread. I didn''t feel like adding to it -- it''s already way too long -- but I would like to congratulate you for keeping your cool amidst the doo-doo flinging.

Thanks mot. I think the thread was locked down...and not a moment too soon! I have been on PS a while now. I have NEVER been a bragger, and agree with Deco that sometimes, more details and data help paint a complete picture. One has to see the spirit in which it was done before criticizing. I have to say I was taken aback by the direction it took. An opinion is one thing but I do not see how insulting a stranger can be paraded as voicing an opinion. I am just not that way. Maybe it was just a bad day for them? Plus, if you do not want to participate, if it is that distasteful, walk away. Nothing is gained by being hurtful imho. I am sensitive sometimes because I LOVE jewelry and clothes, I am really a girly girl at heart even though my daily life involves much more casual stuff. (my mom says when I was 4 and we had just moved into our new home, a neighbor came by to welcome us. My mom was not home but I offered to show this lady, a total stranger, my mom''s few pieces of jewelry. I am 40 now and this woman , now a dear family friend of many years, still cracks up about it and says "Good thing I wasn''t a burglar casing the house!!!) There are certainly all kinds in this world. Being good and nice is not just about what you have or don''t!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 10:08:43 AM
Author: Pricescope
See - no fingers
9.gif
Great job Miss Irina, it looks wonderful!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
From one EC lover to another- your ring is stunning! Ilove it! Thanks for sharing!

janf

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondfan. I didn''t want to come across as being rude. Anyway, you have a beautiful ring. By the way, when did your dh get it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 10:40:41 PM
Author: janf
Thanks diamondfan. I didn''t want to come across as being rude. Anyway, you have a beautiful ring. By the way, when did your dh get it?

Not to worry, I did not take it that way. I just honestly do not know. (and do not want to, frankly!)...We got it last June...so I have had it about a year. I do know that prices have gone through the roof since, which is why my cousin, who is a jeweler in LA told me go ahead. She was looking for stones in the 8-10 carat range for me. I might have paid less, but then would have had to sell my ring privately. I would have taken such a hit on it and it was too nice to be doing that. My first upgrade, I kept my original e ring and reset it. I could not and would not keep the other e/c. Since Tiffany''s took it in trade, it all balanced out and it also made it easier in the transaction...no private sales and worrying about who was coming to see it, and not taking a huge loss on it...

janf

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondfan. Again, you probably do not know about all the details of your upgrade, but did they take a percentage of your old ring for the trade up of your 9.22 emerald ring? I was told that they take 10% off for the mounting. I think if you were to upgrade again, you just have to spend double (I''m sure you will have no problem with that :)).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a remount fee, 10% sounds right. Any upgrade must be double the original ring cost. Supposedly they only allow one upgrade, but they told me (not that it is gonna happen) that they would be willing to make an exception! Haha, I''ll bet...but overall, I thought the policy more than fair. I would have lots tens of thousands on my first ring by using it as a trade with someone else. So, all in all, I am very happy...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 11:29:26 PM
Author: janf
Thanks diamondfan. Again, you probably do not know about all the details of your upgrade, but did they take a percentage of your old ring for the trade up of your 9.22 emerald ring? I was told that they take 10% off for the mounting. I think if you were to upgrade again, you just have to spend double (I''m sure you will have no problem with that :)).
Tiff''s only allows one upgrade. I know, I did mine with them.
2.gif

janf

Rough_Rock
When we bought our ring at tiff''s, the salesperson says that even after the first upgrade, if you are willing to spend $$$$$$$ they might make exceptions (like what they told you).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course, are they going to turn away money???!!! But what made me sad is they do not remount the ring and re sell it...it goes to the secondary market, which is why the remount fee made no sense...What did you get and when? (I assumed it was from them based on your line of questions...

janf

Rough_Rock
Oops, I posted in the wrong thread...

We got a round brilliant in the classic TIffany 6 prong mounting: 1.75 E VVS2
I really wanted the 2+ carats but my bf decided it was out of his budget at the time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondfan

23.gif
WOW!!! that is a "monster ring" congrats
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing ring! You''re a lucky girl, Diamondfan...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 11:52:07 AM
Author: windowshopper
spectacular!

thank you. You have one of my all time favorites (the e/c I saw with the baguettes, right?) Is it Cartier? It is stunning.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
thanks--i think you are thinking of someone else....but i do have an EC and I love the "shoulders" on your stone.......................

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 8:07:56 AM
thanks--i think you are thinking of someone else....but i do have an EC and I love the ''shoulders'' on your stone.......................

Which one is yours? Do you have photos?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i have to look and see if i still have some...its an EC with bezel set trapezoids in a partially pave''d mounting

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
was it ever posted? I could swear I saw it and thought it was so lovely...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
no photos......yes it was but a long time ago. Thanks-its sort of unusual (i think) and yes it really does have a cartier feel to it. the bench jeweler did/does work for them so its no surprise

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan WOWSA - that ring is just spectacular!!! I am starting to love EC''s too, especially when I see beauties like yours!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes its right in every way l/w, shoulders, crown--a knockout

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF -- you are always so candid and sincere in your posts.
1.gif
I know exactly what you mean. When I first got my 3.5c, it looked monstrous and obnoxious....but I still liked it.
9.gif
Fast-forward about 6 weeks, and the size no longer disturbed me.
9.gif
Now that it hasn''t been on my finger for more than 2 months, I know I''m going to feel the same initial anxiety of "this is waaaay to big for me" once it''s back on me. Plus there will be two new diamond...imagine my sheepishness when I first wear that ring in public! I''m sure I''ll get over it though. Maybe I''ll follow in your footsteps and start thinking about an upgrade in a few years before my 40th bday!
3.gif
I''m so bad.

widget

Ideal_Rock
DF and KD....ahem, girls...dare I suggest this after some recent unfortunate threads?

It is my experience that women who wear ''substantial'' diamonds on their left hands often have a few other interesting baubles lurking in their jewelry boxes...

Any chance of sharing with us some more eyecandy if there is any?
31.gif

I ask this having already shamelessly (well, almost shamelessly,
20.gif
) posted my collection all over this site...

Just a thought!
11.gif

widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am strangely afraid! Seriously I will if you are interested, but I currently have no photos of anything else...

leadfoot

Rough_Rock
Diamondfan,

Holy Guacamole! That ring is so timeless and classic!!!

I don''t want to hi-jack this thread, BUT I would appreciate your help/advice on my current project for my gf! I posted over in RockyTalky... I would SO MUCH appreciate some advice!

Again, beautiful ring!!!!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 1:34:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
I am strangely afraid! Seriously I will if you are interested, but I currently have no photos of anything else...
just keep your juicy sweats out of the photos
emwink.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 4:04:08 PM

Date: 4/24/2006 1:34:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
just keep your juicy sweats out of the photos
emwink.gif
LOL windowshopper!
9.gif

DF...I hope I wasn''t out of line suggesting it! I can certainly understand your hesitation. Forget I even mentioned it! I just love looking at great stuff (I think most PSers do too) and also have loved sharing mine. Luckily for me, those who disapproved kept their opinions to themselves.

Forget I mentioned it!!

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results