Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Parks fine group inc

monipod

Shiny_Rock
A lady asked if an eternity band could be resized down and he told her to go eat a cheeseburger! :oops2: Very uncalled for.
No, the conversation went like this:

Lady - Can this be resized to a 6?
Alex - No. You would have to take every stone out and rebuild with new setting.
Lady - Sizing beads?
Alex - Would be uncomfortable. Eat more cheeseburgers or wait for smaller size.

After this, many followers including the Lady herself posted laughing and cheeseburgers emojis. Alex then went on to discuss what you can/can't do with eternity ring sizing. No one seemed upset.

I'm sorry, and I get how bias will slant how we read things but there wasn't anything rude about that exchange. Warped sense of humour maybe? I just don't think we need to assassinate someone's character without actually reading what was written on Instagram.

Clearly many people have had negative experiences with him and I feel badly for them but as many pointed out, it's easy enough to go elsewhere. Many others have clearly had good experiences and are return customers.

The stone I bought from Alex arrived today and it is amazing. I let him know that it arrived safe and quickly asked his tip for a setting. He answered briefly as I expected but pleasantly, and asked me to send him a photo of what I end up doing with it.

I can only suggest that those who are on the fence check out his Instagram posts (all of them). He's not a bad guy and isn't impossible to work with.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock

Lady - Sizing beads?

After this, many followers including the Lady herself posted laughing and cheeseburgers emojis. Alex then went on to discuss what you can/can't do with eternity ring sizing. No one seemed upset.

I'm sorry, and I get how bias will slant how we read things but there wasn't anything rude about that exchange. Warped sense of humour maybe? I just don't think we need to assassinate someone's character without actually reading what was written on Instagram.

Clearly many people have had negative experiences with him and I feel badly for them but as many pointed out, it's easy enough to go elsewhere. Many others have clearly had good experiences and are return customers.

The stone I bought from Alex arrived today and it is amazing. I let him know that it arrived safe and quickly asked his tip for a setting. He answered briefly as I expected but pleasantly, and asked me to send him a photo of what I end up doing with it.

I can only suggest that those who are on the fence check out his Instagram posts (all of them). He's not a bad guy and isn't impossible to work with.
He could have said "i wouldn't recommend sizing beads as it would be uncomfortable". No need for the cheeseburger comment. He's running a business after all, he doesn't have to be nice but at least be professional. I wonder how one would act if they receive this comment when asking about a ring in a jewelry store. Just because you're doing business on a social platform doesn't make it ok to spew out whatever comes to your mind. It's not professional, it's distasteful.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
He is a jerk in my experience too. I'm not saying he is a bad guy but his customer skills are lacking. Didn't start out that way, would actually ask me questions back and had a good rapport but then came the snide and snarky comments and don't have time for this attitude and leave me alone kind of stuff...it was weird. I would say back, but you just asked me the question, now you say get lost when I answer. Anyways, I asked if an item was sold and he blocked me. Moving on...too bad he has this attitude as he is a reasonably priced vendor but I think that being said it went to his head and he just thinks, next.

autumngems

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha, he must have seen my previous post about his attitude and blocked me because I don't see his IG posts now.

monipod

Shiny_Rock
He could have said "i wouldn't recommend sizing beads as it would be uncomfortable". No need for the cheeseburger comment. He's running a business after all, he doesn't have to be nice but at least be professional. I wonder how one would act if they receive this comment when asking about a ring in a jewelry store. Just because you're doing business on a social platform doesn't make it ok to spew out whatever comes to your mind. It's not professional, it's distasteful.
It’s entirely up to him how he conducts himself because as you said, he’s running a business. His.

Just to clarify, I have no issue with people posting their opinion or actual dealings with Alex but let's keep things factual. The comment that has raised the ire of people was taken out of context. Was it professional? I think he answered the question.

Last edited:

Sparklythingymabobs

Rough_Rock

Lady - Sizing beads?

Thanks for the context @monipod
After seeing the entire exchange I think that it wasn’t that bad

LLJsmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regardless of what people’s opinions of his interactions are, he’s not changing because he doesn’t feel the need to. He’s making just fine money the way he’s conducting business now. Interesting. Hmmm. Maybe I should say astounding. Well like my mom says, there’s someone for everyone. :confused2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His comment about the cheeseburger - viewed in full context - may not seem all that bad in the big picture, but the problem is - these days - seems like darn near everyone finds offense in something. And that’s not exactly a secret, so like ... why take the risk, unless you just don’t care if you offend someone. I am not one to be easily offended, but I do try not to carelessly offend someone (unless they are an outright jackhole, then no, I don’t care). But I’m not running a business where my livelihood is dependent on others choosing to spend their money with me.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.