shape
carat
color
clarity

Parks fine group inc

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
I've purchased from Alex several times and always been delighted with the stones. He's both set them and sent onwards to another bench for me. I think he only makes mountings for the stones he sells and he's very busy. He's very to the point in communication but has always been more than honest & fair. I could never afford to buy the stones I have from another dealer.

Papillion

Rough_Rock
It's fine if that's how he works. I get it now. I'm probably someone who should stick to finding a pre-made or antique ring for what I want. Just too difficult for me to purchase his diamonds first as the ones I need are seldom listed, so he's just not the dealer for me. Glad you all are happy with his business model.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! I’ve never had dealings with him, but he and I have very different ideas about what a well-cut diamond is.

Can you elaborate? I truly just want to learn, I saw his instagram posts today with some rejects, but I really can't tell, maybe just hard to distinguish with the photos. I always just want to see real examples of what is considered well cut especially with fancy shapes. There are lots of examples here on PS regarding rounds, super ideals, but not too much about fancy shapes.

If this is a wrong thread to ask this question, pls let me know...

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
He’s said in a comment thread the other day that he isn’t looking for more money, he’s looking for forever customers. Customers who don’t mind his methods will be happy with his service. He’s always been responsive to my questions and perfectly clear and succinct in his responses. I appreciate his approach and I thoroughly value that his prices are all listed. I unfollow anyone who states “DM for pricing info.”

I think he’s a kind person and I can tell he cares about people. He has a whole Instagram account dedicated to jewelry giveaways. He also has given away engagement rings to people who can’t afford them. He just isn’t cheerfully polite in the way Americans tend to expect in a sales environment. I find his style to be a lot more like service I’ve experienced while traveling abroad. “What do you want?” vs “how can I help you?” I have social anxiety and often I won’t inquire about stones or finished pieces with vendors because I don’t want to have a conversation or feel any sales pressure. So, his style works just fine for me and judging by his 33,200 followers it works well for plenty.

Fitting to this forum, he told me in no minced words that he does not/will not source super-ideal cut diamonds and that they are not worth it :oops2:

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can you elaborate? I truly just want to learn, I saw his instagram posts today with some rejects, but I really can't tell, maybe just hard to distinguish with the photos. I always just want to see real examples of what is considered well cut especially with fancy shapes. There are lots of examples here on PS regarding rounds, super ideals, but not too much about fancy shapes.

If this is a wrong thread to ask this question, pls let me know...

I don’t want to call out specific stones, but I have different cut preferences than he seems to.

OECfan

Rough_Rock
He just isn’t cheerfully polite in the way Americans tend to expect in a sales environment. I find his style to be a lot more like service I’ve experienced while traveling abroad. “What do you want?” vs “how can I help you?”

I completely agree with this. His style really doesn't throw me off because I've dealt with many others like him. I get that some people want super friendly, nice, "traditional western" style but I don't mind his to-the-point style and he hasn't been rude to me. I purchased earrings from him and he was quick to respond. When shipping came out more than he invoiced me originally, I offered to cover the difference and he told me "no way, it's cool".

I know many people ask him about this, but I wanted to know if he'll get more ~7.5mm OEC's in anytime soon, and he wasn't mean about it or anything.

And I was going back and forth between whether I wanted to purchase a ring he posted, I asked him a million questions and he was still super nice about it when I told him I'm going to pass and wait for him to post my dream OEC instead.

I'm not saying that my experience invalidates anyone else's negative experience, but all of my interactions have been positive with him so far, and I may very well be on my way to becoming a forever customer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results