shape
carat
color
clarity

=O= ACA 2.13 =O=

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so funny about the gal thinking it''s a 1c. So many people have NO IDEA what size stones are out there, which to me is hilarious since we are so obsessed with it here...hee hee. Alot of people think my stone is 2c and some think it''s 1c as well. Go figure!

The pictures are great JC! It looks fabulous on your finger! Must see more pictures.

Do tell more about the setting...was it custom or was it a WF design or? I like how the band is flat looking rather than round, seems like rings could sit flush against it quite nicely? Do you feel like the head is too high...have you banged it yet? I was paranoid when I got my ring but I quicky got used to it. I do bang it sometimes though.
40.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it's a WF custom setting. i don't want to jump the gun just yet-- but we don't think it's what we ordered. i know they wanted to get it out to us quickly and maybe there are reasons why it was done the way it was.

i'll tell y'all what we ordered.

it's a knife-edge WG setting. the head is peg set so that the wedding band (hopefully shared prong half eternity setting) will sit flush. the stardard tiffany and tiffany-like rings don't do so. it's suppose to be a 2.3 mm band. and i thought the head was to be more cupping-like if you know what i mean (think ladyluvsluxury's head). and not set so high....but rather low like her's too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 12:26:28 AM
Author: jcrow
it's a WF custom setting. i don't want to jump the gun just yet-- but we don't think it's what we ordered. i know they wanted to get it out to us quickly and maybe there are reasons why it was done the way it was.

i'll tell y'all what we ordered.

it's a knife-edge WG setting. the head is peg set so that the wedding band (hopefully shared prong half eternity setting) will sit flush. the stardard tiffany and tiffany-like rings don't do so. it's suppose to be a 2.3 mm band. and i thought the head was to be more cupping-like if you know what i mean (think ladyluvsluxury's head). and not set so high....but rather low like her's too.
It's a lovely setting but I had also thought you were getting something with more of a rounded head than the straight prongs the way it looks in the picture (part of why I wanted to see larger images!). The image I had in my head from your earlier description was more like their Tiffany (the realish one) with a thinnish knife edge band. I thought the head was a little high compared to what you had mentioned. And that band does not look like knife edge at all but rather flat.

Though actually I really love the band, the way it is flat...rather than domed or knife edged. It seems like a somewhat modern take on a classic idea. Also, keep in mind the issues that Demelza has had pairing a wedding band with her knife edge SC band.

Anyway let us know what happens with the setting, but I also think it could be a bit closer to what you had in mind originally. LOVE that stone though!!! It's just as stunning as I remember.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOPS..I just realized you do have a knife edge, how funny it looked flat in one of those pictures. Anyway I like it the way it is now...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jcrow
congrats !!! beautiful ring
30.gif
10.gif
beautiful couple.
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gosh i had such a crappy dream last night! i dreamt that the diamond was lose in the setting and i pulled it out from the prongs. ah!!

anyway- here''s another pic with the ring and my fiance''s hand and mine.

2hands1ring.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is like a spotlight! Its gigantic and gorgeous. Congratulations!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here are the ring pics from WF.

JC.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the pics!! They get better every time!!!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks!!

i just wish the arrows lined up.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 11:43:28 AM
thanks!!

JC, I know we were planning on contacting you and/or your SO today. It will be no problem to line them up at 12:00 and 6:00 if that''s what you''d like. In any orientation 2 of the tips will be covered by prongs.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 1:02:53 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Date: 12/1/2005 11:43:28 AM

thanks!!

JC, I know we were planning on contacting you and/or your SO today. It will be no problem to line them up at 12:00 and 6:00 if that''s what you''d like. In any orientation 2 of the tips will be covered by prongs.

thanks john. i just got off the phone with renee. she said the same. KC and i will discuss and get back with yall.
thanks again!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 12:13:02 AM
Author: Mara
That''s so funny about the gal thinking it''s a 1c. So many people have NO IDEA what size stones are out there, which to me is hilarious since we are so obsessed with it here...hee hee. Alot of people think my stone is 2c and some think it''s 1c as well. Go figure!

The pictures are great JC! It looks fabulous on your finger! Must see more pictures.

Do tell more about the setting...was it custom or was it a WF design or? I like how the band is flat looking rather than round, seems like rings could sit flush against it quite nicely? Do you feel like the head is too high...have you banged it yet? I was paranoid when I got my ring but I quicky got used to it. I do bang it sometimes though.
40.gif

i do feel it''s a little higher than i expected. but i think it was done so that the shared prong wedding band would sit flush, which was a huge concern for us. i would rather have it sit a little higher to have the bands have no gap. i don''t have much finger estate.

i keep remember little tidbits. i just remembered our first comment about the ring. KC and i were checking out a gift shop in our hotel. the lady said to me "lucky lady." i said "thanks it just happened today." she said "congratulations. it''s has great clarity."

we said thanks and snickered to oursleves -tee hee hee it''s a SI2! but after we realized that she probably meant that it was really sparkly.

people crack me up sometimes! i get so use to this PS world and forget about "average" people out there.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good grief, how did I miss this? Jcrow, it is just beautiful. Congrats and best wishes.

shay

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! It''s beautiful! I love that pic with your hand and your FI''s hand! Your stone looks huge!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I missed this!!! Wooooooohooooo!!!! It''s just GORGEOUS and HUGE!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement--you and your fiance are just adorable!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks!! if yall aren''t picture sick i may try to take better ones either tonight or tomorrow.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sick of pictures
36.gif

I can''t believe that someone thought that was 1 ct?! crazy people.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sick of pictures??? Never!!! Keep''em coming!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my diamond sits flush and it''s plunked on top of the band too but it''s not nearly as high as yours. sure there is a bit of a depth difference between a 1.6 and a 2.13 but not that much. i had them purposely fill the head with most of the diamond because i did not want a large head, so they used my old head to fit this diamond in which i love. in the new head for my next upgrade i want them to do the same thing. so if you don''t want it quite as high, you should be able to get that fixed.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so now we know he got the ring after all - thought so! Your pictures are gorgeous and the proposal still seemed to take you by surprise - good for him! I love the ring - these solitaire mountings just seem to make the stone pop out! You don''t think it looks big on your finger - what size ring do you wear? I think it is just beautiful - congrats to you both!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 7:27:12 PM
my diamond sits flush and it''s plunked on top of the band too but it''s not nearly as high as yours. sure there is a bit of a depth difference between a 1.6 and a 2.13 but not that much. i had them purposely fill the head with most of the diamond because i did not want a large head, so they used my old head to fit this diamond in which i love. in the new head for my next upgrade i want them to do the same thing. so if you don''t want it quite as high, you should be able to get that fixed.

hum. well when i talked to them - it seems like they tried sitting it as low as possible keeping in mind the w-band i intended to get.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 8:55:49 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
OK, so now we know he got the ring after all - thought so! Your pictures are gorgeous and the proposal still seemed to take you by surprise - good for him! I love the ring - these solitaire mountings just seem to make the stone pop out! You don''t think it looks big on your finger - what size ring do you wear? I think it is just beautiful - congrats to you both!

yeah- i swear i had no idea!!!

it''s a size 4.5. i''ve thought of going down to a 4.25. worried about summer heat finger swelling.

it definitely looks at larger in pics than it does in person. i look down and swear it''s only looks like a carat. i even took off my 1 carat earring to make sure. then my e-ring looked like 1 carat and my earring like .5! How sad am I????? pathetic. he''d die if he knew i did that!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
distorted hand pic:

ringgrabdoor.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
arrow pic:

rainbowringpic.jpg

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
It's stunning! Only a carat? No offense, but you're crazy!!! JK. I have a size 6 finger, and I think a 2 carat looks huge on it, so I can't imagine how nice it looks on your little fingers!!! Keep the pics coming if you have more...
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm well doesn't LLL's ring sit flush with her w-band? I thought so.

If so, why couldn't they make the head like hers? It's 6 prong. It doesn't seem to sit that high at all. It looks alot more fluid and cupping the stone than the stiff prong look and her stone is 2.5c so it's even larger, meaning it's deeper.

Sorry to go on and on about it, if you are happy with it then just tell me to stuff it. I won't mind.
5.gif
But if you wanted something different, I think you should get it. From what you described, the ring doesn't sound like the same head. Unless I'm missing it. My two cents ....
1.gif

Anyway, I am so loving that stone. Such an excellent choice and sorry you aren't convincing anyone it looks like a 1c!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
also is it just me or does this thing i circled look like a space between the culet and the head bottom? if so, can't they drop it more and bring it down? i had them stretch my head more to fill it with the diamond so that it would not sit too high.

sorry i am just not getting the 'this is the lowest' thing. unless that's not really a space? maybe i just need to drink more wine!
31.gif

jcrow space.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry I missed this thread too. Your ring is stunning! Such a classic and it will look great paired with a shared prong band. If you''re not 110% thrilled with the setting however, I wouldn''t think twice about having them fix it....although I would have trouble taking it off my finger.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 11:58:24 PM
also is it just me or does this thing i circled look like a space between the culet and the head bottom? if so, can''t they drop it more and bring it down? i had them stretch my head more to fill it with the diamond so that it would not sit too high.

sorry i am just not getting the ''this is the lowest'' thing. unless that''s not really a space? maybe i just need to drink more wine!
31.gif
To me, that dark vee area doesn''t look like a space. it looks like the inside edge of the prong....and the resultant shadow. It looks like the inner part of the metal prong to me....I would imagine you''d see "through" that area if it was a gap.

I''m curious on this one, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results