shape
carat
color
clarity

=O= ACA 2.13 =O=

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, I hope they can fix your ring to your specifications. I see what Al is saying, but there has to be a way, or a compromise if you will. Leila, I hope you get your ring back ASAP. I can''t wait to see more pics of it. You 2 have gorgeous rings!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can still get a shared prong ring with the buttercup, just get one that has a slightly lower depth than the e-ring is what I would do. but as dem pointed out if the girdles of the stones have overhang they will rub into the ring band itself so it may either be rubbing into the head prongs or the band if the girdles are exposed. i''d get a shared prong with no overhang on the girdles more like lynn''s and also do a tiny bit lower in depth on the shared prong band so that nothing touches. and do the buttercup head, my god i love that on your ring!!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks mara.

off to search for lynn''s band...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
another question. we had original wanted the arrows to line up north/south east/west- you get the picture. well if we have the head not rotated- and like it is with the prongs at 12:00 & 6:00 and so on... then the some arrows are covered.

i was wanting opinions on this. would they be best lined up or like they are now and slightly off?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think Miss Lesley (or perhaps JohnQ) mentioned that regardless of how the stone was oriented that at least two of your arrows would be covered.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
right, so i was wondering if it''s worth it. i know it''s a preference thing too.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW where have I been with all of this convo going on? First off I think your stone and ring are beautiful! Soooooooo droolworthy!
30.gif
30.gif
and Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif

As for the head on my ring and how it will look on your ring. I think it will look terrifc but I do think aljdewey hit it right on the head in that my ring was designed with two knife edge shanks butted up together as opposed to a shared prong band, so I believe that allowed them to sit it lower in the prongs safely than if I had gone with my original plan (which was a solitaire ring and diamond band). Either way I would discuss it with WF (as I think you might have already), because I do think it is important to get what you want but you still need to maintain the structural integrity of the ring. I can''t wait to see your ring and band together!! Congrats again!

P.S. I completely understand what you mean about the ring looking much smaller in person than in pictures. The first day I received my set it was humungous compared to my 1.51. I hid my hand everywhere I went for like the first week, and now I keep comparing it to my other stone to make sure it isn''t truly shrinking right before my eyes!

P.P.S. My stone looks so tinted in those pics and it looks nothing like that in real life....oh well, maybe it''s the gold

P.P.P.S. I now understand all the anecdotal remarks from strangers, some of my favorite are ("WOW, your husband must have paid so much for flawless diamond!", "I just love your ring, it is beautiful and I just love the star cut diamond" (what the hell is a star cut diamond?), "that is so white is it a ''D'' color?", "damn that is massive....what is that a 5 carat?" (hahah in my dreams)......

The irony in all these comments is my stone is an I/Si2 heheheh

Alright I''m obviously way too wired for it being 12:30am, so I''m going to do some PM Yoga. Goodnigh all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow i also wanted to elaborate on one other thing that i mentioned is that you could get a shared prong which has a smaller depth..aka if your ring depth for e-ring from head to finger is 2.5mm then you can find a shared prong ring that is 2.3mm or similar and that miniscule difference can mean that the rings will sit flush and the head won''t touch the bottom ring even if it''s a little overlapping on it, does this make sense? this seems like a way you could get the more flowey spready buttercup head. you may even decide to have a custom w-ring to ensure that depth is not too high. you may want to discuss this with WF as well to see if that can happen, aka find out the depth of your e-ring and see what they think about a smaller mm depth shared prong ring.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for elaborating Mara. We will be going custom on the wedding band. we want a 2.3mm wide wedding band rather than the 2.5 mm.
i am sure we can come up with something!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 9:18:08 PM
Author: jcrow
thanks mara.

off to search for lynn''s band...
Did you find it?
2.gif
Do you need any additional information, or do you have any questions that (hopefully!) I can answer?

Lynn

PS KILLER stone, BTW!
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes lynn- thanks. i did find it. i realized i looked at your set several times.

was your w-band custom?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 3:33:51 PM
yes lynn- thanks. i did find it. i realized i looked at your set several times.

was your w-band custom?

Yes, both rings were custom, from WF.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i may have missed it, but what color diamonds were used on your bands?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 11:42:50 PM
i may have missed it, but what color diamonds were used on your bands?

Hmmm... whatever WF uses for their ACA melee. They''re pretty high color (E/F? Maybe G?) and pretty high clarity, too. Don''t remember now for sure. Maybe someone else knows?
The melee are little KILLERS, I love those stones! And those eensy weensy perfect arrows just send me!
30.gif

I know sometimes people worry about the color variations between their main stone and the melee. As you know, my center stone is a J... and I have never noticed any perceivable difference between it and the melee. Honestly, with such small stones in the shared-prong style, all you really see is a line of sparkle.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that''s what i thought- thanks lynn!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and another.

gi_WFR-773_f.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That looks great. And it looks like there would be plenty of room for a band to fit underneath the prongs. Are you sending your ring back? What is the current plan?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks dem.

well the current plan is to send it back for tweeking. the problem is to find WHEN to send it back. it''s hard just getting engaged and not having the ring to show when asked. most of my friends and his family are out of town and are coming visit/we''re going to visit them. each weekend coming up we have parties/get togethers/holidays. it woud stink not to be able to show off the ring.

looks like the w-band would be able to fit. but i am sure that head isn''t for a 2 carat diamond. plus, we are getting the band shaved down (cross fingers). the e-ring band in the pic is probably 3 mm.

we''ll see.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
How thick is your band? Are you going to have them put a buttercup style head on your band?

I know. It sucks to have to be without your ring. Maybe you could wait until after holidays so that you have it to show off and WF will presumably be less busy?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes. my band is 3 mm. though we ordered 2.3mm. if we leave this head on, i am not sure there''s any room for the band to be shaved down any.

i am thinking maybe after the holidays too. i am trying to rush it to them, but things are really busy here and there''s so many ineeditbackforthisdate on our end.

yes, we''ll be changing the head. though, its hard to part. i mean, it''s already on my hand. but like my fiance said, we''ll be getting what we ordered/thought-we-ordered in the first place.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe it is just the small stone size in that image but that looks like the stuller 6 prong head...so it''s not custom if that is the case. I will confirm with WF which one that is because I really like LLL''s head which was a custom job I believe, not just a standard 6 prong stuller solstice. I will see if I can find a stuller 6 prong image to post. I have been thinking about the 4 or 6 prong stuller solstice, i have the 4 prong now which i like but am thinking more like 6 prongs for larger stone over 2c....but really love LLL''s buttercup. I will have to ask them too if LLL''s was a custom or maybe it was just a modified stuller?

it''s all so confusing! they are all so great.
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
see- Mara, that''s what i was thinking about the head too.

Lesley didn''t say that it was the same head. she just sent me the link to a new ring/head that they added to the website.

at first i was thinking it was another shot of LLL''s head, only a smaller carat. But i don''t think so.

I''ll confirm it with WF.

Thanks again for the extra "eyes" of PriceScope!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow,
I''m not sure how I missed everything that happened here...but I did. I feel like such a ditz!

Congratulations! You two are so cute together, so nice that you have the pictures from the gondalier to remember your special moment! Your ring is beautiful, but I can totally see your concerns...the buttercup head is also what I''d prefer. I hope all is resolved soon enough!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, jcrow,

I don''t know where I was either to have missed this thread & your absolutely jaw-dropping diamond!
30.gif
I''m in awe....
9.gif

I hope you get the setting issues resolved soon. I love the look of the buttercup head too--hope you can work it out so that it will coordinate with the shared-prong band. And, most importantly, I hope that you can wear that baby on your finger soon! The wait must be killing you!

Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
heheehe! i found this pic while looking through vegas pics. i forgot i took it. see the only thing on my mind? hehehe.
take - picture - of - ring.

this is not too long after the proposal. we went to the madame trussaud''s wax museum. i was trying to find the closest hand to my size.

thought i''d share.

glorianewring.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot believe I missed this! First off congrats on the proposal
36.gif
Second your diamond is HUGE! I cannot believe someone thought it was only a carat! That is insane. I do hope you get the ring how you want it. I also prefer LLL''s buttercup head. I also love that she has a knife edge diamond wedding band. So if you are not sold on the share prong maybe that is an opition. That way you can get the head lowered. Either way it will be a beautiful set.
30.gif
Good luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This may be a really dumb questions but why didn''t you just have them modify their Knife Edge Tiffany on their web page to allow a shared prong band to sit flush with it? Was there something that kept you from that?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 12:43:07 AM
Author: Matatora
This may be a really dumb questions but why didn''t you just have them modify their Knife Edge Tiffany on their web page to allow a shared prong band to sit flush with it? Was there something that kept you from that?

I started out saying that i wanted the 6 prong tiffany knife edge, but i wanted it to sit flush. But, I never specified that ring, nor another. we came about my ring when i went to WF. after trying on rings, Fiance and i realized that the peg head set rings allowed flushness. Then i recalled LLL''s ring and the head used and asked for that. I also asked for the ring to be 2.3 mm, rather than the typical 3 mm.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i thought i''d update all on my ring. we are going to WF this weekend to meet with Leon. we''ll be fixing it, and working on a matching wedding band. anybody with wedding band ideas??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results