clarity

=O= ACA 2.13 =O=

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 2:47:01 PM
Author: ame
Date: 11/6/2005 10:04:20 PM

Author: jcrow

Demelza: i wear a size 4ish. not sure yet what size i will get. normally i wear a 5, but in the winter they are super loose. i can''t have anything happen to my ring though. i tried on a 4 and Lesley at WF said that she thought it fit perfect. i thought it was a bit tight and would bother the crap out of me. so i may do a 4.25??

WOWZA that''s a HONKER!!!!

I say get a 4.25 and get sizing beads in the shank if it''s too loose.

yeh. the funny thing is that at a local jewelry store they measured me and said i was a 4.5. so now i am all confused! i''ve never owned a 4 in my life.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Silly me! i didn''t realized i didn''t post the order of those diamonds. from the top going down: H, I, J.

from the pics **to me** it looks like the H is the one with the most color.

once Lesley put all three out, we really couldn''t say we thought the J looked yellow at all. the three of them pretty much looked identical as far as color goes. made me feel much better.

and i completely understand that we only looked at the J with H and an I - only a couple color grades up. But that''s all i needed to see.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That stone is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic, HUGE stone!!! I love it! I think the setting you have planned sounds nice too -- an elegant, classic solitaire.
emteeth.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I so guessed right on the J! but it was more the size than color that made me think that was it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 9:46:23 PM
Author: Mara
haha I so guessed right on the J! but it was more the size than color that made me think that was it!

i know --it wasn''t the best photogragh to judge from.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jcrow:

I really enjoyed meeting with you both yesterday - it's not often that I get to go over to the processing center and actually meet with customers. The pictures came out great! You make such a great couple - I am kicking myself for not offering to photograph you together. Maybe when you come back next time?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very nice stone. It just amazes me that it looks so big in that temporary setting! Does that mean then that a four prong plain solitaire with the diamond setting up higher makes the stone look bigger than in a low set mounting? The obvious answer seems like yes - even though that temp setting is WAY up in the air. . . I saw two women in a jewelry store over the weekend. They both had large stones set in four prong mountings that were rather high - stones look huge (even though I could see a fair amount of yellow in one - probably due to the height of the setting). Guess it''s always the age old question of how best to showcase a diamond. . .

Anyhoo, congrats on your new stone - can''t wait to see it ''set''!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
awe Lesley, that''s so sweet. thanks for taking a couple of hours out of your day to help us out, too. after we set up the appointment, i almost felt that i was being a pain because we had already seen the diamond. But the meeting made a world of difference for us! not only did we confirm that the diamond was "the one," but we also got to play with all the settings and figure out what we were looking for. had we not have seen the settings in person, i don''t know if we''d have found the solution. Thank you so much for being so patient with us.

we can''t wait to see the final project!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Mama Mia! That is going to be one gorgeous ring! Great choice!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 7:48:41 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
Very, very nice stone. It just amazes me that it looks so big in that temporary setting! Does that mean then that a four prong plain solitaire with the diamond setting up higher makes the stone look bigger than in a low set mounting? The obvious answer seems like yes - even though that temp setting is WAY up in the air. . . I saw two women in a jewelry store over the weekend. They both had large stones set in four prong mountings that were rather high - stones look huge (even though I could see a fair amount of yellow in one - probably due to the height of the setting). Guess it''s always the age old question of how best to showcase a diamond. . .

Anyhoo, congrats on your new stone - can''t wait to see it ''set''!

i don''t know. to be honest i was completely wondering the same thing. I think if it''s set high you would be able to see the inclusions better because the stone is closer to your eye. But, in pictures i don''t know if the stone is set high, will it look ginormous?? or, does it appear larger than 2 carats because i have small hands? i''m hoping it''s the latter of the two.
33.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Great rock! Congrats!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
JCrow- So happy you are excited about your ring! :)

I know that you have been waiting for the right one! :)

Can''t wait to get the finished product out to you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks renee! trust me, i can''t wait either!!!!!!!!

my BF and i have a vacation to Vegas planned for Thanksgiving. 6 days, 5 nights in Vegas!! first time for both of us. i know he''s planning to surprise me with the proposal and all, but i can''t help but hope it happens there. Shame on me
38.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Julie- How fun!!! I went to Vegas for the first time with my now Hubby- we got engaged there as well. A lot of romantic places there, you guys are going to have a blast- I am so jealous!! I want to go!!!!
39.gif

You all have to go to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio Hotel- AWESOME patio- overlooks all of Vegas. Oh and ride the roller coaster at NY NY- lots of fun.....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 11:22:42 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Julie- How fun!!! I went to Vegas for the first time with my now Hubby- we got engaged there as well. A lot of romantic places there, you guys are going to have a blast- I am so jealous!! I want to go!!!!
39.gif

You all have to go to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio Hotel- AWESOME patio- overlooks all of Vegas. Oh and ride the roller coaster at NY NY- lots of fun.....

that''s so cute! i will definitely will mark down those places! we are staying at the Paris and we are so excited! this is our first major trip together. we''ve driven several places together before, and frequently- so this is a bit of a change. but a much needed, fun one! i just don''t think the ring will be ready in time
39.gif
. ah well, we''ll still have LOTS of fun! oh- and we got tickets for "O"- cirque du soleil''s underwater show. I can''t wait for that!!!
19.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just don''t eat the Voodoo Lounge, the food quality has gone downhill in the last few years! It''s good for drinks.
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just a little update on the diamond. it''s gotten it''s ind. appraisal and is going to be set really really soon (crossing fingers!)
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s great jcrow, how exciting!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, your diamond looks great! Congratulations! I hope you''ll get it real soon! Waiting is the hardest part. BTW, we have a lot of similarities between us-- almost the same height, shoe size, ring size, and diamond size. Hmmm...
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that''s too funny Leila!! yes- i have lots of waiting to do! i spoke with Renee at WF today. She is hopeful that we''ll get to see our wax by the end of next week! after waxes, i am getting cut out of the process by my BF so that he can surprise me. so, yes lots of waiting- but it''s full of so much excitement!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, you get the best of both worlds--you get to pick your diamond and setting and you get a surpise proposal! Lucky girl!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Looking forward to the wax pictures! I hope it won''t be too long before that gorgeous rock will be on your finger!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so i just realized that if we get waxes by the end of next week- that doesn''t give us a chance that the ring will be ready for our thanksgiving vegas trip
39.gif
. our dating anniversary is dec. 27. i hope he doesn''t wait till then to pop the Q. we will see families for christmas. it''ll be a shame not to have something sparklie to show them. such frustration!!
40.gif

in my other thread i was wondering about getting a wedding ring with j colored diamonds as well. i spoke to WF, and they said they really don''t do that. so much for savin money. i just hope there isn''t a huge obvious difference between my J solitaire and the wedding band. we''ll see!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there won''t be a difference..my e-ring has G 3 pointers in it and my w-ring is E/F WF melee and my big stone doesn''t look a whit different than the melee!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks mara. hopefully that will be the case with me as well.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Is it ready yet???
huh? Huh? HUH????
31.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
no
39.gif
. i put in a request for a more professional pic of the unmounted diamond. I just don''t think i did it any justice with my photo skills - or lack there of. hopefully i will have that to show very soon! that''ll tied me over till the waxes!! (i hope
31.gif
)

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, are you suppose to get the wax pictures this week? I am looking forward to seeing them.
28.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i sure thought so... they emailed my BF. something about they are ready to make the ring.... so i don''t know if they aren''t going to show us waxes or if they are ready to do the waxes. i don''t know. i am a little confused.

i know my BF wanted me out of the process once we approved the waxes. that way i wouldn''t see the pics they take and wouldn''t know when the ring would be ready, and i''d be surprised....

BF said he didn''t see the waxes yet. neither have i. maybe tomorrow?
33.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
bumpity bump bump...

well sorry- NO waxes...
39.gif
nor pics of the unmounted diamond via WF...
39.gif

my BF called WF today to see if we''d be able to see any waxes or anything. when i talked to him after work and asked him if he called WF, he said yes. then he got quiet. so i said are they going to send waxes?? he said well, i don''t know. then he got quiet. so i probed him a bit more. he started fumbling for words. i dropped the questions. i told BF that i didn''t want to get my hopes up, but that i was. he said well try not too. my poor BF- he sucks at lying!!!

from what i gathered maybe i won''t see waxes- b/c they proceeded so that the ring will be ready for our Vegas trip?!!??!!
36.gif
though i am not suppose to know. i know i suck. i think i ruined it.

just wanted to keep y''all posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results