shape
carat
color
clarity

New marquis ruby eternity band from Ebay!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops..

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check your email---- and--- I managed to set up a WTB Jewelry request for a RG Bangle on DB. :praise:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you :) I'm glad you will still have one at home for a few more years. Its funny, when my husband asked for another child, I thought "He must be nuts!" But I'm glad he did. It took 5 years, so they are 13 years apart. So I have quite a bit of time left lol. And that little bugger keeps me running.

I'm in PA. I haven't been to NY is a long time. Last time I was there, I found some great Hello Kitty pieces as neimans. I had no idea they made HK jewelry in diamonds and 18K until then. My MIL thought i was crazy spending that kind of money on HK jewelry, maybe so lol. Shopping in NYC ;-) it doesn't get much better than that. I hope you gals have a great time. :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellooooo Charmed!
I'm glad too that I will still have a little one at home.. keeps you busy and young.. for now! LOL.
Wow.. 13 years apart.. you had a built in babysitter! How convenient! :D
I have seen the Hello Kitty jewelry and I think the pieces are so fun and beautiful. Do you get to wear yours often?
How is the flood cleanup going? 8) Well I hope. My middle daughter is starting college at University of Pittsburgh. We are very happy she is going there.. what a lovely city! Are you near there?
We will miss you on our 47th St day in the city.. but you will be in our thoughts!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I wear two HK charm bracelets with another gold charm bracelet everyday and a diamond HK wedding band that I wear instead of my diamonds when we go on vacation. You can't get any KLS pieces anymore, the pieces I found at neimans where right at the end of sale of her high end line. Because of the economy they went to a sterling silver line through simmons jewelry co, which in the beginning of the lines release the jewelry was well made and priced well for all HK fans. Now the line is cheap, poorly made and double the price along with the introduction of some of the bigger pieces in stainless steel. So I buy KLS pieces on eBay when I can find the pieces I want.

I live near harrisburg. My husband is an investigator for the AGs office, so we will be here for atleast two more years until he can retire at 40. Depending on what job offer he takes we could be anywhere after that. I am kind of leaning towards some place warm but I do love snow ;-) My oldest is planning to attend University of Maryland and is praying he is accepted into their golf program. IDK much about golf but it has something to do with handicaps and averages lol. Despite the fact that he has been playing since he was five and my husband being the golf coach at his christian school.... I still have no idea what they are talking about. All I know is that this is the last year and then I finally get some me time :D I think I may go on a week long spa vacation.....alone!

Rubies..... Maybe you can help me out ;-) I have been looking at this ring for a little while now and I'm not exactly sure why I am stuck on it but I almost bought it today. My issue is that I haven't spent that kind of money on myself in a long time, since we start trying to have another baby about 6 yrs ago. I really want a larger diamond but I don't want to break the bank either. The ring is preloved and I think I like the setting because it's so unique but I can't decide whether to get a better quality smaller diamond or a bigger diamond thats not so perfect. The diamond in the unique setting is an L I1 and is 1.70 carats. The pictures of the diamond look good but there are inclusions near the cutlet. I can't see them in the photo but they are there under 10x for sure. I dont know why this is so difficult to decide but I really want to find a bigger diamond for my first ever E-ring for our wedding in 2014. I was thinking if I wait I can save more but diamond prices I'm thinking will just go up more too. I really really like emarald cuts but the one I found that is 2.4 carats you can see the inclusions with the naked eye even though they are pretty small. So let me know what you think on the matter. It's funny, I have all kinds of input for other people but now since its for me, I'm all over the place with deciding on size, quality, cut.... Ugh!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmed!
When we visited Pittsburgh last fall we passed right by Harrisburg and unfortunately didn't see the right road for Pittsburgh and drove 30 miles out of our way! Eeeeek!! It made a long trip even longer! :knockout: I thought there would be a HUGE sign for the right interstate going west but there wasn't.. this time I will be on top of things! LOL.
How nice that your hubs can retire at the youngster age of 40 and then start over with a second career. I used to love the cold.. now not so much.. That golf program at Maryland sounds great.. good luck to your son!!!
Hmmm.. what a lovely dilemma deciding which BIG diamond to call your own!! I know just what you mean about wanting a honker but not wanting to break the bank.. you do have to trade color and clarity to make it reasonable. I think the wow factor of a big stone is that it's big! No worries about L color of inclusions you can see (unless it a huge black dot in the middle of the ring of course!)
My ring is an L color and has clouds near one corner and I'm very happy with it. I know if I ever traded it for a fine stone it would have to be A LOT smaller.. Can you post a pic of each ring/stone? Can you describe the settings?
What a lovely problem.. no wrong answers at all! :appl:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

I've been here 6 years and couldnt get to harrisburg without assistance lol. I don't think I have ever driven there. i hate to drive. Oh.. as far as the house my new floor came in yesterday and they don't match so I have to by another vanity for my downstairs bathroom. Its been utter madness.

But LOL.......

The ring :) The pictures will be below but the emerald cut sold so now I'm searching for another one. Let me know what you think.

1.71 ALT FRNT.jpg

1.71 SIDE.jpg

FLAT 1.7 CARAT RING.jpg

ebAY 1.7 CARAT.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
IDK why they are so small. Hmmm...... let me try again.

photo (1).JPG

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed!!
That ring is sooooo beautiful!! I love everything about it. The stone is so lively and the setting is so simple but special too.
Is that the stone that is "L" color? It looks so white.. is it the same in person?
Oooooh! It's a beauty!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Im so glad you like it! I haven't shown it to anyone else yet. They all kinda think its not a big deal since we have been married so long. But this will be my first real E-ring to wear everday and for our wedding. I thought the stone was pretty white too and the listing says it's an L I1. I haven't seen it in person, I've just been gawking at it online lol. I also love the fact that it is two tone since I wear both yellow and white gold together all the time. I almost bought it last night, but I want to be sure. I was measuring out how big the stone is with my gauge and its a pretty good size. Just kinda not sure on the shape of the stone. I have a ton of emerald cut rings in different gemstones and I dont have anything round yet so I'm really thinking this may be the one to start with. But then I think I should look for something just a little bit bigger. Its only 7.9mm so not a real honker but not to shabby :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.. it's a BIG deal no matter when you get a amazing diamond ring!!! :D You are just not asking the right people! :lol:
I think it's wonderful that you are deciding to get it now.. it's always the right time for something big, sparkly and fabulous.
Does the place you are buying it from have a return policy? Is it possible to see it in person or are they way too far.
Maybe an L color without a return policy shouldn't be bought sight unseen.. pictures can be lightened or touched up.
Can you see it and if you don't love it return it? :roll:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Thank you so much.... You are such a kind person. Yes I am looking for an emerald cut ring ;-). I love that ring as a matter fact I was looking at a similar setting and thinking I could put my 1ct stone that. I would love to try that one and see how it looks on. I am now watching the listing :D I'm sorry it took a bit to get back to you. My little guy was being a bit impatient last night and cause me to drop my iPad and cracked the screen. It was couldn't be repaired so my husband had to get a new one today and getting everything restored has taken hours but hopefully it will be done by the morning :)

Im glad you asked if I can return the ring. I just looked and you can't. I'm glad I stopped myself from buying since I'm not 100% sold on it yet. Thanks for that because I never even looked. You saved me a lot of money Rubies! Have you found anything lately that you like? I was looking for a Fred silk necklace in black but it seems like no one is selling them anymore. I have gotten quite a few things like that as well as some KLS discontinued HK pieces from vividgems on ebay. Have you ever checked them out?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh! Nice eBay find Rubies!! That looks stunning --- but their spelling on the listing isn't top notch :twirl: hahaha!

Are their items usually as stated? I have had to 'step away from eBay....." because I find it a bit too addicting... oh - who knew?!?!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmed and Enerchi!
We have quite a nice little group going here! :love: Jewelry lovin minds think alike!
Charmed.. oooooh.. how awful about your Ipad! What a bummer.. how nice that your hubs got you a new one right away. 8-) I'm glad I was helpful about the return policy.. it's something I always look for first! Buying sight unseen is tough and at least if they take returns it's not a huge mistake if it's not what you expect..
I actually met that seller in person. They are located in Miami and have tons of beautiful estate jewelry. He had a wedding band that I was interested in and I happened to be visiting Miami because of my daughter. We stopped by his offices and saw the ring but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Very nice man though. They must be so much estate jewelry in FL.. lots of old folk! :cheeky:
What kind of black silk necklace were you looking for? Like a silky rolled cord? I once made my own for a cameo from pretty silky cord from Walmart of all places! LOL. I have seen vivid gems items.. they sell Chaumet which is unusual.. not too many seller.
Here is Dover's website http://www.doverjewelry.com/ Fabulous things..
Enerchi!
Are you leaving for Vegas and Scottsdale soon??? I'm so excited for you!!! Kching.. kching.. pass the free drinks! :wavey:
I know just what you mean about stepping away!!! It is soooo addicting!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading this thread because you all have become fast friends and cohorts! :appl: Now I know who to come to if I'm ever in the market for estate jewelry. While I do my share of drooling, I haven't been able to pull the trigger just because, as you say, you can't see it in person, and in some cases, like with Dover, they don't accept returns...

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Minous!
You are one of our fast friends too!! Welcome to the group!! :appl:
We are from NY, PA and Ontario.. where are you from?
My feeling about Dover is that if you emailed them in advance they might make an exception about returns..
Maybe.. maybe not..
My other favorite seller sflmaven DOES take returns and their items start at a dollar every week too! :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZERS! That ring is to die for. Oh my my.... Hmmmm....What to do? Buy a house or a ring? LOL Thanks Rubies! You can sure find them gal!

Hi Minous!

When you come across the piece you want you'll know :) My first estate piece (for myself, not the business) was a gift I got for free as a Christmas gift from a eBay seller, about 5 years ago. I bought a little turquoise 14k necklace for $25 just before Christmas and I received this priority mail box that was insured and I thought that's strange ;-) When I finally got to the ring box wrapped so tightly in newspaper, I panicked. Then I read the note and it said ' Just a little extra something special for you. Merry Christmas!" I emailed the seller right away and he begged me not to send it back. He was an elderly man in his late 70s. He had lost his wife and had all this jewelry. He said he sold some on eBay but wasn't pationate about it and didnt need the money. He loved making these little handmade gold filled rings and selling them on ebay for next to nothing :D His kids had no interest in the jewelry either, so he started giving pieces away at Christmas to random people who chose "Buy it now" on his auctions.

My gift was a 14k 18k 1/2 carat deco solitaire engagement ring. It was brand new. He still sends me emails from time to time and I check on him to make sure he is still with us :) That started my addiction to OEC and OMC diamonds.... I never wore diamonds much before that or any jewelry for that matter. Just a plain wedding band. Now... LOL ;-)

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Rubies... Yes, just a plain one. A friend turned me on to the Fred silk ropes. They last a long time and they came in a rainbow of colors. But I guess they aren't made anymore. I will have to look into your idea. Oh BTW..... I love cameos :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmedOne|1340397715|3222000 said:
WOWZERS! That ring is to die for. Oh my my.... Hmmmm....What to do? Buy a house or a ring? LOL Thanks Rubies! You can sure find them gal!

Hi Minous!

When you come across the piece you want you'll know :) My first estate piece (for myself, not the business) was a gift I got for free as a Christmas gift from a eBay seller, about 5 years ago. I bought a little turquoise 14k necklace for $25 just before Christmas and I received this priority mail box that was insured and I thought that's strange ;-) When I finally got to the ring box wrapped so tightly in newspaper, I panicked. Then I read the note and it said ' Just a little extra something special for you. Merry Christmas!" I emailed the seller right away and he begged me not to send it back. He was an elderly man in his late 70s. He had lost his wife and had all this jewelry. He said he sold some on eBay but wasn't pationate about it and didnt need the money. He loved making these little handmade gold filled rings and selling them on ebay for next to nothing :D His kids had no interest in the jewelry either, so he started giving pieces away at Christmas to random people who chose "Buy it now" on his auctions.

My gift was a 14k 18k 1/2 carat deco solitaire engagement ring. It was brand new. He still sends me emails from time to time and I check on him to make sure he is still with us :) That started my addiction to OEC and OMC diamonds.... I never wore diamonds much before that or any jewelry for that matter. Just a plain wedding band. Now... LOL ;-)

Oh CO, that is just about the sweetest story I've heard. How lovely of him - and how lovely of you to continue to "check in."

And so sorry to hear about your "waterfall of events" culminating in your ipad tragedy. ;(

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1340395323|3221974 said:
Hi Minous!
You are one of our fast friends too!! Welcome to the group!! :appl:
We are from NY, PA and Ontario.. where are you from?
My feeling about Dover is that if you emailed them in advance they might make an exception about returns..
Maybe.. maybe not..
My other favorite seller sflmaven DOES take returns and their items start at a dollar every week too! :love:

Sorry - got all caught up in CO's story and forgot to answer - I'm in California now, originally from MA and VT...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi!
Are you leaving for Vegas and Scottsdale soon??? I'm so excited for you!!! Kching.. kching.. pass the free drinks!
I know just what you mean about stepping away!!! It is soooo addicting!!!!

Hey RubiesRMe... yeah.... today was the plan --- check out my post [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-5hrs-to-go-flight-cancelled-no-vegas-today.176946/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-5hrs-to-go-flight-cancelled-no-vegas-today.176946/[/URL]

Oh, I'm sooo annoyed with Air Canada... grrr... :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

So, tomorrow we will be there. Yeah, first world problems - "oh the horror, :shock: vacation delayed!" :lol: , but still its upsetting. Good thing I can't seem to sleep past 4/430 am anyway, I'll be up without the alarm anyway!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed.. I agree.. sweetest story ever.. so nice that you check in on him to make sure he is still "with us." You are a honey! :love:
Minous.. what a change for you.. all the way from the east coast to the west! Do you miss the cold weather at all?
Enerchi.. Sky Suite!!! Soooo cool!! You must take pics and show us how the other half lives!!! I know the whole AC story is annoying but ultimately it's most important that you take off and land safely. Comes from somebody who is terrified to fly but travels a lot with the help of prescription drugs! LOL. One day late to Las Venus but you have such a good time you will forget all about it!!! HAVE FUNEEEEE
!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a bad flyer as well - I can do the 1 hour commuter flight from here to Toronto, but I can NOT handle more than that in a stretch, so my new BFF when I fly is Xanax - short acting anti anxiety drug. I am relaxed, not stoned and space out, I know where I am and can feel all extremities --- I figure that's a pretty good thing --- and I land safely instead of without meds, where I grip the armrest with an intensity that Hulk Hogan would envy and its my personal responsibility to WILL the "tin can toilet paper roll" to remain in the air and fight the gravitational pull to plummet to the ground and kill me and everyone else in it. (oh... was that a TAD intense??? See why I love my Xanax!!)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhaaa! You sound like me! Insanely I listen to every noise, rumble and squeak during the entire flight.. while I'm awake.. I study the flight attendant's faces to see signs of stress.. Taking off and landing is the worst part.. middle of the flight I'm OK with. Meds help a lot. I fall asleep and then wake up when we are almost there.. whew! It's amazing I ever make new vacation plans!! :lol:
I hope you had a safe and easy flight to Las Vegas!! Enjoy your trip! Show us a pic of the SkySuite! Fancy!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...... Thanks gals! He is just the sweetest. Well as far as my house goes, I should have it back by next Friday. I can't wait... Getting up at 7am in the summer is turtore when you don't have to. The good thing is although my floors don't match, they look great and I've learn so much from the restoration staff. My house is only 6 years old and this is the second flood lol. The first time my husband went to run me a bath and the neighbors came by to introduce themselves and he forgot about it. The little guy next door runs up to us and says "Mrs. Brown your garage is leaking." They all pitched in to help save our cars and property. We had a fully restored 69 cutlass convertible in there with the top down. My husband's dad had just given it to him for his birthday. My neighbor snatched the keys off the wall and backed it out. They had shop vacs and brooms.... It was crazy. I am forever greatful to them. Thank goodness our insurance guy is so nice. I thought for sure he was going to drop us ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CO, you must obviously not be a water sign ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTOH, what a great neighborhood that your neighbors came to meet you and then helped save the day.

BTW, did you get anything in the most recent round of auctions?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! You are going to get the nickname of "Noah!" You have had more than your share of floods.. that's for sure.
How nice of your neighbors to pitch in and help.. sweet!! :love:
I looked at all the new auctions this week but nothing I can't live with out.. you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results