shape
carat
color
clarity

New marquis ruby eternity band from Ebay!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Not a water sign :D and Rubies, I do hope this is the last flood ;-) Several of my neighbors have had floods, so the plumbing by the builder is horrible. But none of my neighbors had professionals come in and do repairs. I am terribly afraid of mold so that is the only way to go for me.

I bought a few things from eBay, haven't gotten all of them in yet. I will steal my sons laptop and post photos of the few pieces I did get in later today :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohooo!! Can't wait to see your new finery!! :appl:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry gals, he just got back in. Its not much but a few cute pieces. One from ebay and two from one of my favorite consignment shops. they have some of the best estate and vintage pieces. I had to have the fleur de lis pendant, it came on a twelve inch really old 14K that needed repair so I scrapped that. I love the gold tassel.

photo__2_.jpg

photo__3_.jpg

photo__4_.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple more pieces I purchased recently. The other onsignment pieces came from Maryland :D The last ring my husband bought for me and I think he did very well ;-)

photo__19_.jpg

photo__16_.jpg

photo__17_.jpg

photo__18_.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmed!!
Wow!! What an amazing collection of jewels you have! Do you wear all of them? Do you buy them just for yourself or do you resell most of them? You also pay rock bottom prices for quality goods.. very impressive!!!! :appl:
I might be out of touch for the next few days because we are away.. I will try and check in when I can. I just love this friendly and blingy thread!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Lately I have just been buying things for myself. I try to wear them as much as I can but I have been working on getting rid of this baby weight and everything is too big for me. I sold a lot of pieces when I thought I wouldn't were yellow gold anymore, so I'm trying to full my jewelry box back up. There are pieces I buy and do not like as much as I thought I would. In cases like that, I resell them because I can get more for it than I paid. I'm still on the look out for my e-ring. Thanks rubies for showing me anything you find that you think I may like. I have been looking at OMC stones in person and I can't believe how big the stones are that are under two carats ;-) and I'm hoping the seller of that unique ring I posted pictures of, comes down on the price :D

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Rubies...... Have a great time away :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Charmed.. we are on our way up to Montreal for a short visit with our girls. Then we will drop our youngest off at sleepaway camp on our way home. :wavey:
I love that you are "filling your jewelry box again!" :love:
Well the best thing about buying all of your goodies very low is that you can resell them and not lose any $$ if you don't love them when they arrive. I always try to do that. With signed pieces like Tiffany or Cartier my rule of thumb is if I pay 1/3 of the retail price I will never lose any money reselling them. Most thing don't sell for that low on Ebay but occasionally there is always that one that slips thru the cracks or starts at a dollar and nobody is really interested in it but me. Snipe bids help too for sure! :devil:
I'm always happy to look for diamond Erings for you.. just give me a few more parameters.. do you want round or emerald cut or are you open to any cut? About 2 carats? Two tone or white metals your fave? I look all the time.. I will put you on my radar.. my pleasure!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed, you have such a talent and such an eye! I really can't believe you were able to get those pieces for the prices you paid. You are amazing. And Rubies, you know so much as well! I love that you both have been so successful and that you have rules of thumb that you practice. As a matter of fact, I channelled you recently on some stones I was interested in on ebay, and let them go when the price rose too high. Typically, I would've stayed in at least a little higher, but I figured it would not be out of the question to find something similar, if I was lucky and no one was paying attention on ebay, for a low price. So I thought to myself "what would Rubies and Charmed (and probably Enerchi too) do?" :bigsmile: Think how much $ you're saving me already!! :appl:

Charmed, I love both those bracelets, and my favorite ring of the ones you showed is the one your hubby gave you =)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Minous!
Thanks for the compliment! I do have my set of "rules" when it comes to Ebay jewelry purchases. I am the wise old sage of my neighborhood.. I give out a lot of advice and jewelry and pocketbooks and I feel like it's an honor (and so much fun) to be of help! :love: Good work passing up the stones that went too high.. I have said it before (sorry I'm repeating myself) but I love the bus theory of Ebay.. if you miss this bus another one will be along soon! :lol:
What do you currently have your eyes on?

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies and Minous!

Rubies... Montreal sounds like a great place to visit this time of year and you get to see your daughters to boot! Nice! Thanks again for looking out for me. I'm looking for an OMC diamond from 1.5 to 2 carats or an emerald cut diamond of the same size and if they are already in a nice setting, even better :D I haven't had a chance to look at eBay over the last couple days. They have been putting in my floors since Thursday and I have had the worst headache from the compressor. But I am so pleased to say, they are finally done. Woo hoo! Glad that part is over. I will be back checking out eBay in a couple days ;-) Rubies, I look forward to hearing from you when get back :)

Minous, Thank you so much :) My husband doesn't usually buy jewelry for me, so I just about fainted lol. You did a good great job letting that gem go :appl: Rubies is so right, another will definitely come around. I used to pay way more, trust me. But doing just what you did with that gem, saves a ton of money. Do you have any nice consignment shops in your area? I found a few In Maryland and one in PA so far that carry fine gold and designer pieces. My husband thought I was crazy when I showed one of the shops in Maryland what markings to look for on jewelry for gold content. They checked the markings for about six months. I figure, I tried to help them make more money. So I don't feel too bad when I buy gold and diamonds from there for next to nothing. If I can help you with anything, just let me know. I'm off to get rid of my headache. Forgive me gals for any typos, my typing is horrible :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gals!
How is everyone doing? All is well here.. we just got home late last night from Montreal. We actually spent the last night in Plattsburgh NY because it was rainy and cold in Montreal and it was difficult to get around.. too rainy to walk anywhere far and difficult to drive from our hotel because we were staying in downtown. So we changed our reservations and came back to the good old USA. We did a little shopping and then saw "Rock of Ages" with Tom Cruise. It got horrible reviews but it was a great movie! Fascinating that he and Katie are getting a divorce.. no surprise I guess.. We had a wonderful time with our girls.. now that everyone is growing up I truly treasure any time that we can all be together without any interruptions. :love: We dropped Maxine off at camp yesterday morning and then drove the long drive home.
I did tons of laundry last night and today and now everything is back to situation normal.. I'm totally compulsive when I get home from a trip.. I have to unpack within 5 minutes of getting home! :-o
What's up with you ladies? Hope all is well and happy. Any special plans for the weekend?

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Back Rubies!

I'm glad you had a great time. The rain has been crazy here too, we had golf ball sized hail and horrible lightening. Thank goodness we didn't lose power. I'm not up to much this weekend. Just getting ready for our family reunion that's in Virginia this year. We will be staying in Williamsburg. We rented a three story condo and invited my husbands two brothers and their families to come. We are only going to support my father in law at a few of the events. Then we will take the kids to Busch Gardens and do some shopping. It should be a great time with people from our side of the family there too.

So you liked rock of ages huh? Im not sure if I will see it in the movies yet, but I was a HUGE Def Leppard fan in high school. So seeing Tom Cruise singing pour some sugar on me, did peek my interest :) I'm sure I'll watch it now that you gave it rave reviews, when it comes out on cable. Not much going on in the eBay world lately. I have bought a few older estate pieces, but I haven't found an OMC stone that I love yet, so the hunt continues :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmed!
So interesting that you mentioned your crazy weather with hail.. I actually heard about it. Was it last Friday? It was huge thunderstorms here too.. I'm sure it was the same system. We lost power for about an hour while my middle daughter was getting ready for her prom.. she was NOT a happy camper!!
How totally fun that you are having a family reunion!! Do you organize it? It sounds like a perfect vacation.. a little extended family time and a little just your family time! I'm sure your kids will love Busch Gardens. I haven't been to Williamsburg in a zillion years.. I'll bet there is good shopping there as well.
If you are or were a Def Leopard fan then definitely go to Rock of Ages!! You will just love it!
I am following a few Tiffany pieces on Ebay.. waiting and watching when just the right time will be to make a low ball bid.. I want to stay within my 30% of the retail price rule! :razz:
I am as always on the look out for a ring for you.. did you check sflmaven and dover this week?
Just to double check OEC means old european cut?

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Yes is was last weekend, the storms have been so destructive lately. A storm came through yesterday and all my family in Maryland are without power and water. The governor says it may take up to a week. It came thought town here but I didn't last long, thank goodness. But the heat has been unbearable, near a 100 the last few days. Blah, I'm not a lover of summer at all :angryfire:

The reunion should be a blast and hopefully with our side of the family all together! maybe we can start our own tradition. Its my husbands stepdads family reunion and we hardly know anyone there. Then I got the idea to invite the brothers. I figured it would be hard to turn down a free vacation lol. We haven't been to an amusement park in a while and my youngest Demo has never been. His name is Jett, but I call him demo because as soon as you clean up his toy room or the family room he lays waste to it in mere minutes ;-)

Thanks for those eBay links they have some great peices, I'm watching a few of them. I never know what the cut off should be with these older stones. The price fluctuates so drastically, not sure if it the sellers or not. But it seems as though some sellers can sell junk and people go crazy bidding on it :) While other sellers, selling the same thing, can barely get a few bids. I love OMC (old mine cut) stones. They kinda look like a cushion cut but the shapes are never perfect but the beauty and the depth of the stones is just amazing. Second to that would be OEC (old European cut) which lately are all the rage. Then there is tranny (transitional) which I haven't quite figured out yet lol. But this shape and look, is really what I'm looking for. Let me know what you think ;-)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/[/URL]

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmed!
Hilarious that you call your little guy "Demo" That's sooooo cute!!! :lol:
I just looked at the link you posted of that GORGEOUS old cut diamond set in rose gold.. oh my goodness!! No wonder that's the type of ring you want.. it's absolutely stunning!!!
I found two things that look similar on Ebay. I have no experience with either seller but maybe you can use the listings as a price guide. It is so hard to know how much to pay. Sometimes I use bluenile as a price guide but if a stone is an old cut and isn't certified then it's really only good for a ballpark value. The seller of the more expensive stone does have a return policy and is accepting best offers too.. Maybe offer him a low number and see what happens..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230814744646?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110903446427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
It's kind of hard to see the actual shape of the larger stone from the picture.
It's all part of research and development! :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Yes! That is exactly the cut I'm looking for. Gal, you are too good :) Now you see why I love them so much and the drastic difference in price, makes it difficult to decide. I found one a little over a carat in a platinum setting for $1000 the other day and it had diamonds circled around it, kinda like an invisible setting. They have not relisted it yet, if the do I will post a link. I am now looking for a jeweler in the area that has some antique stones, so I can atleast get an idea of the color and clarity to use as a guide. I would like to get a ring with a center stone that is a good size with the stones around it, because I am leaning more towards the larger stone in the middle with stones set down the sides. I would love them to be set all the way around like an eternity band, so that at our wedding we can have matching plain bands. Oh btw.. I have been meaning to ask you for a while now.... What is snipe bids? LOL I guess I should know but I have no idea :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha! OK.. now I know for sure what you are looking for! I think those old stones are absolutely beautiful.. so different.. so charming.. just perfect!
The ring for $1000 sounds like a GREAT deal.. I hope they relist it.. I would love to see what it looked like.
Snipe bids are a great tool for auctions that have a lot of people bidding on them. You sign up and your first 3 snipes are free. After that the max you have to pay for a snipe is $10. You set up the snipe by putting in the auction number and how much your maximum bid is. Then their computer bids for you in the last few seconds of the auction. As long as the price doesn't go over your max bid you usually win.. not all the time though. Sometimes another bidder outsnipes you! LOL.
Here is the site I use..
http://www.auctionsniper.com/?gclid=CP-898fJ-bACFYio4Aod33bWmg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Happy 4th of July! I have been in the bed the last few days in a fibro flair but I wanted to thank you for the snipe bids information. I wish I had that a few days ago. We had painters in here and I was bidding on a vintage diamond ring and as I'm waiting to bid (I started watching at 10 minutes til close). It gets down to 12 seconds, I type in my bid and low and behold the painter unplugs my Internet. I was so mad, I couldn't believe she did that and never even asked If it was important. I get up to see what happened and with this ridiculous look on her face she says "Oh, was that important? I didnt know, I'm sorry." Grrrrr Rubies, it took everything in me to say "Thats ok, but please ask next time." That painter cost me so much money. She left my garage door open and it rained and hailed like crazy. My oldest plays video games in the garage with his friends. Well the rain damaged his television as well as clothes and other electronics that I had set for donation to purple heart. But I know it wasn't on purpose, so before she left I gave her toys, shoes and clothing for her grandson, who hasn't been born yet. I felt bad for her because she was trying to buy a crib off Craig's list and kept saying her daughter was having a baby that she can't take care of. That took a little steam out of my search but I'm sure when I'm feeling better, hopefully soon I wil
Be back on the hunt.

The ring I told you about didn't sell so they relisted it and it sold for $1500. I haven't set up the notifications yet on this iPad. That's how I missed it the first time. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be...right :) Well I hope you are enjoying your holiday. I'm off to get I nice cup of tea. Oh..any new finds lately? I bought a diamond and sapphire band in white gold to match my ring for my husband. He kept beating up his platinum and diamond and It cost me a bit to have it reshaped and polished every three months. So I figured 14K would last longer. Well turns out he is allergic to 14k and got a nasty rash. I ended up getting him a titanium band, that he can beat up as much as he likes :D I decided to have the ring sized down to fit my thumb. I will post some pictures later so you can tell me if you think it looks too masculine. I just hated to see it go to waste. It's been sitting in my jewelry box for a few years now and with jewelry stores selling so many synthetic stones to people who don't know any better. I thought I should hold on to it. Anywho, time to peel myself out of bed for that tea ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh CharmedOne - that was a lousy painter / accident you've gone thru!!! UGH! I'd be so angry too if their irresponsible behaviour caused that kind of damage, even by accident! You are far more tolerant than I am... :halo:

I can't believe you don't have more jewellry being the eBay stalker you were!!! hahahahaha!!! ;)) I'd be broke and blinged out to the 9's if that had been my livelihood - I have NO self control when it comes to sparkle :roll:

Hope you can find something soon that really lights your fire - and I can't wait to see the thumb ring in sapphires and diamonds - one stylin' thumb you'll be sporting!!

Rubies R Me! - home, safe and sound... and posted all my treasures on various threads... did you get a chance to see my bling?? I'm so thrilled with everything. Now... about that RG bangle bracelet - that can be my new mission :lol:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th (or really 5th!) gals! Charmed.. hope you had a nice holiday and Enerchi.. hope all your vacation laundry is finished and put away! :lol:
Charmed.. I agree that you showed a huge tolerance for irritating things and kudos to you for being so nice to the painter. I'm sure she truly appreciated your generosity. What a great handmedown to get.. your hubs ring as a thumb ring.. so smart! You must be disappointed that the ring you like sold.. but no worries.. something better along soon! I hope you are feeling better too. :wavey:
Enerchi.. I would LOVE to see all of your new beauties!! What is the easiest way for me to see all of your pics? Can you post a few links from the other threads? Have you worn any yet? :appl: Can't wait to see it all!! I LOVED your post from LV from Tiffany.. oh my.. I was drooling!
We had a nice 4th of July.. my husband was off so that's always good. We went to a neighbor's bar-b-que and then to another friend's house for their fireworks display. By that time I was so hot and sweaty I just stayed in the air conditioned house.. it was like a sauna here in NY.
Nothing super interesting on Ebay for me.. just some of the usual stuff I watch.
I love this Cartier ring and I have been following it forever.. the price is too high and that will keep me from buying it.
I have tried to negotiate with them but they told me to take a hike! :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370628317346?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Enerchi!! I just realized by clicking your name I can see your posts and pictures!! I am going to look at it all and post again!! :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza!!! I just looked at all the pics of the amazing pieces that are now yours!!!
The 3 stone ring.. the necklace.. the whole collection of colored stones jewels AND the earring jackets.. I'm soooo happy for you!! What a huge haul of perfection!!! :love:
Wear them all in good health and happy times!!!!
Oh.. and Happy belated Canada Day to you! I forgot that the 3rd and 4th are really shared holidays!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile: Thanks!!! Yes, laundry was done that night - I'm insane about that kind of thing - vacuumed out the suitcases and they are now put away till the next trip! House was NOT a disaster, as I had feared, and both dogs were alive and well--- who knew?? ;))

Sounds like a great day for you, yesterday - BBQ, DH home, fireworks... and I love your Cartier ring!! I'm thinking I just could be interested in one of the tri colour rolling rings... yup, there could be an inkling of interest happening!!! :naughty:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh.. I love when things are back to "situation normal" after a vacation!! Such a satisfying feeling to us compulsive folk.. right?
Oh.. I see Cartier Trinity rings everyday on Ebay. Do you know what your European size is? Or your American size works too but it's more exact if you know your size that is marked on the ring. Do you want a fat or skinny one? I have two of them.. one fat and one skinny. Sometimes I actually wear them stacked together. I was in a Cartier in Scottsdale and one of the saleswomen there had that on and I admired that.
I will keep my eyes peeled for a good deal.. just let me know your size.
Do you have any fingers left to fill? :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
well.... i do kind of have a FEW fingers left - and they are feeling cold and lonely and left out of the fun!! (oh fingers! Just calm yourself - there are enough jewels to go around - stop arguing amongst yourselves!! :lol: )

I'm a 7.75 in US sizes but not sure what that translates to in the Cartier sizes because when I googled a conversion chart --- YIKES! --- I got lost! I think it could be a 55-7/8, is that possible? Seems I'm a "P" in British sizes... P for "pretty big ring fingers!" :D That's my RHR size. I guess if it were larger it would go on my middle finger, RH, or smaller could be a pinky ring - but I'd worry about losing a Cartier pinky ring!!

Not sure on pricing - I think DS posted a link recently they run in the $1K - $1.5K range new... um... bit of a spending blitz lately, so DEFINITELY can't afford that kind of pricing at the moment!! :shock: If you find something - email me the deets!!! Thanks for looking for me -that is so sweet of you!!! (Because you have a lot of eBay magic up your sleeve, where as I have just dryer lint, up mine!! :lol: )

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rubies!

Finally got ahold of my son's laptop. Let me know what you think :)

photo__6_.jpg

photo__5_.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey that's cool, Charmed one! I like it on your thumb best - nice ring!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results