shape
carat
color
clarity

New marquis ruby eternity band from Ebay!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi EnerchI!

Thanks so much. I agree :) After looking at your lovely earrings, I am now on the hunt for some diamond studs. I would love a pair in princess cut but there isn't a wide variety of jackets for them. I may have to go rounds because the jackets just make the studs really pop :D

Rubies I love that ring! I'm with EnerchI. I would love a rolling tri colored band as well. Do they have one that has an eternity band as one of the three? My goodness, if they do I bet it's pricey. But I would LOVE to have one!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1341506555|3228969 said:
Hi EnerchI!

Thanks so much. I agree :) After looking at your lovely earrings, I am now on the hunt for some diamond studs. I would love a pair in princess cut but there isn't a wide variety of jackets for them. I may have to go rounds because the jackets just make the studs really pop :D

Rubies I love that ring! I'm with EnerchI. I would love a rolling tri colored band as well. Do they have one that has an eternity band as one of the three? My goodness, if they do I bet it's pricey. But I would LOVE to have one!

OMG!!! that would be amazing! I have seen them... hmmm... you guys are a TERRIBLE influence! :Up_to_something:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed!!
LOVELOVELOVE your whole handful of diamond and sapphire rings. Truly the whole is more than the sum of it's parts. They look great together!
Cartier Trinity rings are a dime a dozen on Ebay.. most sell for $500 - $600. I would not spend the extra money (because it's exponentially more) on getting one with diamonds. You get a very similar look with just the plain gold and it costs a lot less. If you want to bling them up you can just stack the Trinity ring with a diamond band you already own.. :razz:
Here is a pic of the two Trinity rings stacked.. one is thick.. one is thin.

_132.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18K-CARTIER-ORAMOURET-TRINITY-ROLLING-RING-BOX-/251101224709?_trksid=p2046732.m2060&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D400552631900167391%26pid%3D100040%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26
I love this version too.. it's a limited edition from the late 1990s. It's all white gold and it has that one thick band engraved with Or Amour Et Trinity which I think means.. Gold, love and Trinity? Hmmm.. my french is pretty hurting!
It's difficult to find in a size 47 or 48 and I don't want to pay more than $600 for it..

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL EnerchI, I think we are having that effect on each other ;-) I just love your new setting. I bet the wait was torture :)

Rubies, Thanks gal..... I love the two different widths worn together. Was it easy to find them in your size? Do the run small? What's the max you would pay for the thicker one? Love love love them.... I'm off to search eBay :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Enerchi!! I love your new avatar pic!
Charmed.. what is your real name? I feel so silly saying charmed!! Mine is Claudia
Here is a ring size conversion chart.
http://www.jewelry-store.bz/ring-sizes.htm
For example.. if you are a USA size 6 you are a 52 in French sizes.
They come up on Ebay all the time! Tons of them!!!
I wouldn't pay more than $600 for the thick ones.. $450 for the thin ones.
Just search "Cartier ring" and you will see a whole bunch.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

My name is Dana :) It has been nice chatting with the gals of PS, as I am the only gal in my home. I could talk about jewels all day long, but nobody here cares lol. Well... My oldest does come around from time to time looking for gifts for the little lady he is dating. So I always keep extra pieces around for him or just incase something comes up that I forgot about. I am horrible at remembering birthdays and holidays.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellooooooooo Dana!!!
I will be thrilled to chat up jewelry with you 24hrs a day!!!!! I'm here for you! LOL. :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Claudia :) I hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend. We had family over for a crab feast, now that the house is back to normal. My husband does all the cooking and now has me addicted to this new salad with a spring mix tossed in cranberry walnut dressing topped with dried cranberries, walnuts, strawberries, manderin oranges and feta cheese. I don't like the oranges in mine and I add a little more dressing on top but my goodness this salad is truly amazing. I just thought I'd share the concoction incase you gals may want to try it out. I am not much of a meat eater. So I love any new twist on a salad I can find :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!
Mmmmmmm... that salad sounds delicious!! I am definitely going to buy those ingredients and make that in the next few weeks. Maybe I will put blue cheese in it instead.. I LOVE blue cheese but never have anything to cook it in.
How nice that your husband cooks! Mine barely can put a paper plate in the garbage! LOL :lol:
I have had a rather dull weekend.. spent a lot of nonsense time on the computer.. which I guess is good. He was working and had to be close to home. Off Monday though! :D We are going to exercise in the morning and then maybe go to the movies in the afternoon? We go running together twice a week about 4 miles.. keeps us both in decent shape. We go rain or shine or heat or cold.. unless it's a sheet of ice out on the street nothing stands in our way. :appl:
I have been following a few things on Ebay but nothing majorly interesting.
Oh! Have you seen these pictures on PS? It's like a golf ball on a ring!!! :razz:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-upgrade.162931/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-upgrade.162931/[/URL]

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea.... Blue cheese sounds like a great twist :) and I must say that diamond is just out of this world and the setting she picked is just amazing. I need to check that forum out more often. Nothing for me on eBay lately either. I have bought a few pieces but nothing special. Just more sapphires and diamonds lol. You know the Princess Diana ring? Well I am looking for a diamond in the middle with nice Ceylon sapphires around the diamond, so I've been searching on eBay looking for something like that ;-)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree.. that diamond was outrageous!!!
It's so fascinating what people have in their jewelry boxes.. right? My daughter loves those Princess Diana rings.. that's what she wants her engagement ring in the future to look like. I will keep my eyes peeled for a good deal for you! :wavey:
P.S. Goat cheese would be good in that salad as well.. Mmmmm.. I love goat cheese.. tangy and low fat.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!!
Guess what is for dinner tonight at my house???
Big salad with mandarin oranges, almonds, cranberries, feta cheese and grilled salmon on top!!!
It's all because of you!!!! Thanks!!!! :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Claudia... OMG, that sounds so good. I LOVE salmon. I hope you enjoy it ;-) and you are always welcome. It's been a crazy few days. My air conditioning stopped running and no techs were available to come out. We were in here for 6 hours with these two itty bitty fans, lol. It was so hot I didn't want to move. My husband gave up and did some research and figured out it was the dual capacitor, but no stores that carried it were open. He ended up calling a tech back and the tech told him the address to his office. Well low and behold, he gave my husband the part and now we are back up and running.... YAY! The tech said it would have been a $500 fee if he fixed it, so I was sooooo happy to save that money :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story!! How cool that your hubs is so handy!! I'm super impressed that he was able to fix it himself.
The "dual capacitor" made me laugh.. remember in Back To The Future they had to fix the "flux capacitor" so Michael J Fox could go back to the future?
I know you like old cuts.. here is a ring that just came up from that seller who lists 200 things every week from a dollar.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-PLATINUM-VS-2-15CT-DIAMOND-THREE-STONE-COCKTAIL-RING-/230821703242?pt=Diamond_Three_Stone_Rings&hash=item35be0bae4a
I wonder what it will end at?

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL... I thought of the same thing too and for some reason the green martian and his little ray gun, too funny. That ring was nice but they must delete bids because yesterday it was almost up to $2000 now it's only up to just under $1500. Weird huh? I found a nice diamond the other day although it's smaller than I would like, I thought of doing a ring with yellow diamonds. I don't know why but I have been stuck on the yellow stones lately like the chrysoberyl. It's so pretty. I guess I go through my phases, but hey it keeps things interesting right? LOL

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think that all the planning and thinking and scheming and craving about what jewels to get next might just be the most rewarding part of loving jewelry so much!! It's so funny how one day something could be totally off your radar and then the next it's all you can think about.. until something else comes along..
I think it's great that you have some new things to research and develop.. like the yellow diamond idea..
It all does add to the fun!!!!! :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I have finally felt well enough to start packing. I finally gave in yesterday and went to the dr. He says it's a sinus infection and gave me these huge pills to take for 10 days. Yuck! ;-) Vacation starts Thursday and I am horrible at packing. The only things I remember are my jewelry and my toothbrush, LOL. It should be a great time away. I am really looking forward to it. BTW... Are you looking for anything in particular on eBay? I see some lovely unique ruby rings from time to time. Let me know if you do. Well I'm off to get more packing done :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... jewelry and your toothbrush!! You made me laugh! :lol:
How exciting that your vacation begins on Thursday.. have a wonderful time! I'm sure by then you will feel a lot better. Good thing you went to the MD.
I'm not looking for anything out of the ordinary on Ebay.. I always search "Tiffany ring, Tiffany diamond and Cartier ring" If you see anything Ruby that you think is a good value and unusual do send it my way.. I would love to see it. :love:
Enjoy your vacation!!!! Feel well!! Have fun!!!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

I hope you are doing well. My vacation was wonderful. We had a great time except for all the rain. We rented a three story house and it was so nice. I was surprised because they didn't have photos of it online, so I was sceptical. It had a huge hot tub and it quickly became the place to hangout for everyone LOL. My little guy loved the fast and wild rides. It was so funny, he held his ears but was smiling ear to ear the whole time ;-) It was the cutest thing but he hated waiting for his turn. Well I'm off to get unpacked and get ready to take my oldest to golf camp tomorrow. I hope you are enjoying you weekend :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!
How wonderful that you had such a great time on your vacation!! I guess if it wasn't raining it would have been really hot.. which is better? I don't know. No matter.. you have that incredibly enthusiastic vacation tone in your post! :love:
What a sweet story about your little guy loving the rides so much! I'll bet he enjoyed the vacation most of all. :razz:
All is well here.. nothing much new or exciting..
We saw our youngest daughter who is at sleepaway camp last weekend which was their Visiting Day. Long drive.. the camp is almost 400 miles north of here near the Canadian border.. Up and back in 2 days.. it's always a lot of driving. It was wonderful to see her.. very happy indeed! My other two are working at a local supermarket and kind of hating it.. ah well.. that's why it's called work.. not play! They are only working another week or so and then will just hang out before they go to college.
I have been following a few things on Ebay but nothing that is a "must have."
I did have the most wonderful day in the city last week window shopping and trying on lots of things at all the fancy jewelry stores on 5th Avenue. Bulgari, Tiffany, Harry Winston and Cartier.. all got a visit from me. That was fun!
Later that day I met a few friends in the city for dinner.. very nice day.
That's about it here.. glad to hear that your vacation was such a success!! Welcome home!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

It sounds like you are enjoying your summer ;-) My goodness, it seems like it is flying by so fast. I had to laugh when you were talking about your girls working. My son only wants to work at a golf course LOL The grocery store that is a 5 minute walk away was hiring and he refused to apply, instead he decided to volunteer at the golf course in exchange for free play. We stopped at UMES campus on the way home from Virginia Beach and even though it took forever to get home, I'm glad we did. He wanted to apply there for their golf management program and he was completely underwhelmed with the campus and it's grounds. He now wants to check out Penn State because they have the program there and it would be great to keep him in the same state :D Unfortunately for them, they have struggled in recent events but it might work to his advantage with attendance less than usual.

I haven't done much on eBay, just my $100 bargain shopping. I have been doing pretty well with it. Although recently I have had a few packaged get lost in the mail. I don't know why sellers don't get tracking on their packages. It makes it so much easier and less likely to get lost in the mail. I am still looking for my OEC diamond but i have bought some pink and yellow sapphire recently. I have found a few OEC gemstones in that kind of a cushion cut shape. I have been buying alot of gemstones lately, not i have to find some nice setyings. I found this ring on ebay and I know it's overpriced, but man do I love it and it's my size too! But I will keep looking for what I really want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170885072094#ht_2012wt_788

I also found this cute little simple eternity band. I love the rose gold. I wish I could find it in sapphire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271025742607

This vintage ring is way over priced but the burmas are so pretty. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370420224754#ht_964wt_689

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!
How interesting that your son is so into golf! I'm sure he enjoyed his summer much more getting "free" golf rather than toiling at a supermarket. My girls just finished working there and they seem pretty thrilled to be done!
RE Penn State.. you wonder how all of the troubles there will play out for prospective students.. we thought about it as well. Not so much for Penn State but the other PA State schools as our middle daughter is starting Pitt this month.
I guess only time will tell..
I love those three rings that you posted the links for from Ebay! We do have the same taste in jewelry that's for sure!
I was "bedecked and bedazzled" last night. We went to a wedding and I had all my finery on.. fun! :love:
Huge wedding.. over 400 people!
I am following a few ruby items on Ebay.. don't know enough about rubies to know if they are a great value or not.. :cry:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380459841259?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271026131721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I wish I had somebody to ask.. I guess I could post them on the colored stone board and see what somebody thinks as far as what is a good price for them..
Anywho.. they are fun to look at for sure!
Nice to hear from you! Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

I hope you are doing well ;-) I, on the other hand haven't been, but I believe I'm on the mend. Just happy that I can type now lol I haven't been feeling well for quite some time. I've been in a fibro flair and I injured my elbow playing with my little guy. I've been ordered not to pick him up. But that's hard to do, he is such a sweetie :) In regards to the two rings you posted. I love that style, it's so regal. I do wish I could help you with what is a good price for them. I need to start doing some more research on designer pieces. I have been looking in to getting my GIA certification. I have a friend that manages a jewelry store and she says most of it is online and you can take your labs at the local college. I would love to have my diamond certification and take some other jewelry classes so I can do appraisals as a side job. It will help me to get out of the house and be around adults :D Its a bit expensive but in the end it will be worth it. My friend keeps trying to get me to work in a store but I'm too scared it would get robbed. It's been happening like crazy here lately. Off to go ice my elbow, I hope you have a great weekend!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Dana!
I'm so sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well.. I don't know too much about fibromyalgia but I do know it affects a lot of people.. very sorry to hear that it includes lovely you..
I think that it's a WONDERFUL idea if you get your GIA certification!!! I would love to get one as well!
If you were able to parlay your love of jewelry into a job in the future that would be so wonderful!
It's funny because Tiffany is opening right by me in the next 6 months and I was toying with the idea of maybe working there.. I would only want to be there really part time.. like two days a week.. but that truly would be something that I would love.
I think it might be a great thing for both of us.. combining our please with our business! Is there anything better?
I hope you feel better soon.. will you tell me more about fibromayalgia? Symptons? Treatments? Causes?
Feel well sweet girl!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Claudia!

Thank you for being so kind :D fibromyalgia is condition where you have widespread pain, fatigue, sleep deprivation as well as memory issues. A lot of people with fibromyalgia have depression and anxiety. A surge in your hormones from pregnancy with my oldest son 17 years ago or major trauma like with a really bad car accident I had right after I had him could have been the cause. The drs are not sure which. I have tried every medication used to treat fibromyalgia with not much success. Lyrica gave me some relief but I ended up being allergic to it and didn't realize it was from the drug until after my fourth serious allergic reaction. I had to carry an epi pen everywhere until we sat down and brainstormed on what could have been causing them. Most of the drugs used to treat fibro are antidepressants and I've never has any success with them. Right now I take a muscle relaxer amd a percocet at bedtime so I can sleep with less pain. Summer time heat is no good for me at all. The rain and the AC keep my joints pretty soar but I don't take anything until my husband gets home because it makes me tired sometimes and I have the baby to take care of. I make te best of it because it's here to stay :)

Now about Tiffany's :D That would be a great job to have. You should apply, I definately would. All I have in my immediate area are stores like littmans and Kay. We have so nicer stores about 30 minutes from me. I love private owned jewelers, family businesses, we have quite a few around here. One of my favorites was about 2 1/2 miles down the road from me, but she made the mistake of getting into the "We buy gold" craze and got roobed twice. Once at gun point right after thanksgiving, they tired her up and cleaned her out pretty good. She sold a lot of silver but she had a case right when you came in the store, that had a great bit of vintage and high end consignment pieces. I loved it because she would call the owner of the piece and you could talk about price. She ended up closing her doors for two months and then only opening up on Saturdays for a month to liquidate what she had left. She closed her doors for good two months ago. It was a really sad moment, she had been there for years, thankfully the robbers were caught. I don't think that would be an issue at all for you at Tiffany's. Plus the discount :D LOL

I saw these two listings and automatically thought of you. This is a pretty good seller when comes to some rare pieces. Let me know what you think. They just put the channel one on sale ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110923751953#ht_500wt_922

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110932674554#ht_500wt_922

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!
How are you? Did you have a nice weekend? I hope so! :razz:
I'm so sorry to hear all about how debilitating Fibromyalgia is.. It really seems like you have a great attitude about it though and I'm sure that helps.. you are not leading a pity party and that's really something to be proud of! :appl:
Too bad about your fave local jewelry store closing.. so disappointing I'm sure.
Thank goodness for Ebay to keep us busy!
I found something on Ebay that I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy. It's a Cartier rolling ring in all white gold in a very rare style that was only made for a Xmas collection in the late 90s. It's rare to begin with and even rarer to find it in my size.
Here it is. I love this seller from Japan. It's not a rock bottom price but it's a very fair price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-Cartier-18K-White-Gold-Trinity-Ring-Size-47-1998-Year-Limited-Edition-/271035704253?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item3f1afca3bd
I just want to make sure they will include a Cartier box with it even if it's not the original box it's always nice to have. I emailed them but it's the middle of the night in Japan so I will have to wait a few hours until they get back into work.
Since it's just the two of us left on this forum ( I have been emailing the other girl Carolyn directly for a little while now) we should just email each other thru regular email.. what do you think? You can post your email address and as soon as I see it and reply you can take erase your post.. is that OK? Let me know..
It will be a busy few days here.. my youngest is coming home from sleepaway camp tomorrow and we are taking my middle to University of Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Anywho.. hope all is well and that you are feeling good!
Have a great day!
Claudia

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please take a moment to re read our policies ladies. Please do not post personal information on the forum.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry.. didn't know the policy.. :oops:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dana!
So sorry but I didn't realize that email addresses were "off limits" on the PS boards.. make sense I guess.
I don't know if you were able to post your email address or not before the moderator chimed in but we can just keep "chatting" on this thread. :wavey: It's fine with me.
Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer..
Have a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results