shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture_20183423023427.jpg

ladies what is this ???? my ring is supposed to be 1ctw .. does this mean it is not ?
should i bring it to a jeweler to have it measured?

Moissanite is lighter than diamond so a 6.5 stone weighs a bit less than a carat. Just measure it and see if it is 6.5mm across, that is equivalent to 1ct in diamond

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
Moissanite is lighter than diamond so a 6.5 stone weighs a bit less than a carat. Just measure it and see if it is 6.5mm across, that is equivalent to 1ct in diamond
Ok great thank you

goldielox

Rough_Rock
I wanted to give you a quick response in case you wanted to get back to Cherry tonight. I see where you are going with your design and I understand some of your concerns. So a few things - I don’t think you have to worry about having double claw prongs. The stone will hold just fine with single claw for your stone size.

Although your tapered baguettes are on the smaller side, I think you might be ok because it will have some structural support from where it meets the metal. It is still pretty thin but if you like dainty rings, you will have to just keep that in mind when doing certain things with it on. I am actually inclined to agree with you about the baguettes being backwards. The top view pictures makes it look like they are backwards and they actually wrote the dimensions in reverse. The side view doesn’t look like they are so I hesitated but that is not something you can just leave to chance. They definitely need to confirm that.

I do like the halo and I think it could be really pretty and not something I have seen done in that way before. I think you will have to show them a profile view as well. I know I linked this picture before but this is a low setting with the same lines in profile. Maybe you can use photoshop to get rid of the hand engraving and show the diamond border on all 3 stones if you don’t have a profile view of the ring you have above.

I should have my CAD’s done of the ring I have been working on with the ACC from Starsgem. I will upload it when it is complete....

DA1A8C6A-E2CD-4D60-8362-EC9E4B57000E.jpeg

Thank you so much for all your help and prompt response! It allowed me to think a little more about how and what I was going to communicate to SG, as I don't want them wasting time on CAD's. I reiterated the point about the baguettes, profile view with the image you sent me and the single prong. I emailed her back this weekend and presume I should hear back sooooon.

Looking forward to seeing your CAD's when they're ready :)

goldielox

Rough_Rock
What size is your ring finger @swaye2010 ? I'm wondering if my 9x7mm stone might be too flashy for my size 7.5 finger :(2?!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
What size is your ring finger @swaye2010 ? I'm wondering if my 9x7mm stone might be too flashy for my size 7.5 finger :(2?!
I wear a ring size ‘8’. The first elongated cushion I got was a 9.5 x 8. I was ok when I wore it with a band but it was too small for me on its own. Cushion’s always face up smaller than a round. A 9x7 is equivalent to 1.5 carat’s and as a cushion will look a little smaller. Stone size is very individual to the person so you will have to decide if this is right for you.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

ladies what is this ???? my ring is supposed to be 1ctw .. does this mean it is not ?

That is the Moissanite weight. That should be about equal to the 1ct DEW (Diamond Equivalent Weight) so you should be okay.. ;)2 Moissanite will always weigh a bit less than Diamonds.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been contemplating getting an ACC for a while and finally decided to go for it after seeing so many pretty OMC from SG.

This is my CAD and gem. I can’t wait and hopefully things for smoothly.
Revised drawing.png

Cherry sent me a video of my ACC ring, and I'm pretty happy with how it turns out from seeing it in the video:kiss2: Can't wait to get it and see.

Hi, I'm looking to have a very similar ring made by SG. I tried to send you a PM about the price of the setting. Just gorgeous! I hope you don't mind if I show them your cad.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I'm looking to have a very similar ring made by SG. I tried to send you a PM about the price of the setting. Just gorgeous! I hope you don't mind if I show them your cad.

Not at all:D Go head. What size and metal you thinking of doing? I don't think PS allows PM, which I don't understand why.

goldielox

Rough_Rock
Alright ladies, video of my stone is in! What's the verdict? Should I ask for video of the stone outside, diff lighting or against a white background?

goldielox

Rough_Rock
After a month of going back and forth with Cherry and her team @ SG, I think I'm finally on my last CAD edits. I've probably changed my mind a million times and initially wasn't happy with the results. But I've come to realize that ultimately I'm not a jeweler and just because I can photoshop it, doesn't mean it's actually doable haha

For some reason, they keep forgetting to adjust the ring size, which seems like the most basic thing. But then they get all the big details I point out. The last bits I want to change is decreasing the thickness of the ring itself so that it tapers down from 2mm to 1.5mm to 1mm to the underside of my finger. I did some research online and found similar ring dimensions. Coincidentally I found a random CZ on the floor a few weeks ago (if only it was real:roll2:) and the band part measures the same. But I also don't want it sliding off to the side, so maybe 1mm might be too thin? I also keep asking for double claws and they keep leaving it out?!

20181128_015620.png

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
After a month of going back and forth with Cherry and her team @ SG, I think I'm finally on my last CAD edits. I've probably changed my mind a million times and initially wasn't happy with the results. But I've come to realize that ultimately I'm not a jeweler and just because I can photoshop it, doesn't mean it's actually doable haha

For some reason, they keep forgetting to adjust the ring size, which seems like the most basic thing. But then they get all the big details I point out. The last bits I want to change is decreasing the thickness of the ring itself so that it tapers down from 2mm to 1.5mm to 1mm to the underside of my finger. I did some research online and found similar ring dimensions. Coincidentally I found a random CZ on the floor a few weeks ago (if only it was real:roll2:) and the band part measures the same. But I also don't want it sliding off to the side, so maybe 1mm might be too thin? I also keep asking for double claws and they keep leaving it out?!

20181128_015620.png

I think 1mm is way too thin, especially how hefty that ring looks. 1.5mm would be the smallest I'd go for that type, because don't forget when they polish it, you might lose .2 mm of material.

U could try 2.3, 1.8, 1.5? Because 2mm at that top where the sections meet is risky. You should want the shoulders to be fairly sturdy.

Unless you want to try those measurements? If they can't do it, I'm sure she'll let you know

goldielox

Rough_Rock
I think 1mm is way too thin, especially how hefty that ring looks. 1.5mm would be the smallest I'd go for that type, because don't forget when they polish it, you might lose .2 mm of material.

U could try 2.3, 1.8, 1.5? Because 2mm at that top where the sections meet is risky. You should want the shoulders to be fairly sturdy.

Unless you want to try those measurements? If they can't do it, I'm sure she'll let you know

I've reiterated to them that the CAD mm dimensions don't mean much to me, given that it will +2-3mm more. But I do want the final product after polish to reflect the correct measurements. You might be right on 1mm being too thin, so I'm thinking just to do a gradual decrease of 2.2mm to 1.7mm on the CAD.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Not at all:D Go head. What size and metal you thinking of doing? I don't think PS allows PM, which I don't understand why.
I still haven't decided on a metal. I can't find a single photo of rose gold on black skin. I was thinking of yellow gold, especially with a warmer GH stone, the combo will only highlight the antique feel of the ring. My wedding set is 18k white gold, so it would be nice to have something different.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I still haven't decided on a metal. I can't find a single photo of rose gold on black skin. I was thinking of yellow gold, especially with a warmer GH stone, the combo will only highlight the antique feel of the ring. My wedding set is 18k white gold, so it would be nice to have something different.
Stone size will be 11x9. I want a lot of finger coverage for my size 4.5 finger. I don't think it will look too big based on the elongated stone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sometimes with moissy they will say “1 ct equivalent” because it will be the size of a 1 ct diamond but will weigh less because moissy is less dense. But they describe stones in diamond equivalent weights because most people wouldn’t know how big a 1ct moissy would be and many people are trying to replicate a certain size diamond anyways.

That’s my guess. August vintage does it which is where I ordered my moissy. And the listing said “8mm, 2.05ct” but if you read the description it says the 2.05 is the “gem weight equivalent” and real weight is 1.85.

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
TBH, I think basically every color looks good on dark skin. I just googled rose gold on dark skin, and there's a weddingbee post focused on the topic (it looks great, but yellow gold really pops!).

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
TBH, I think basically every color looks good on dark skin. I just googled rose gold on dark skin, and there's a weddingbee post focused on the topic (it looks great, but yellow gold really pops!).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leading towards a white gold head and 18K yellow gold shank.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Would you mind posting lots of photos when you receive your ring please? It reminds me so much of this gorgeous ring from TrueGem Co. called The Rachel Ring. It's over 3.5 grand with all the options I want so I want to try to recreate it with SG. I might have them add stones to the basket too but not the prongs.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been contemplating getting an ACC for a while and finally decided to go for it after seeing so many pretty OMC from SG.

This is my CAD and gem. I can’t wait and hopefully things for smoothly.
Revised drawing.png

Hi Lucky_Rabbit, I hope you don't mind helping me a little bit. On your CAD, it says that the band is 2.3mm, is that the final width you wanted the ring to be or will it be closer to 2mm? I don't think I would want my shank to be any wider than 2mm. I see the video but it's hard to tell what the finished width is. I see that the stones on the shank are 1.8mm, such a perfect choice big enough for sparkle but not too big as to distract from the lovely center stone. I'm thinking of having them add stones to the basket, not the prong. Similar to this pic:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkRMp4Hak0/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lucky_Rabbit, I hope you don't mind helping me a little bit. On your CAD, it says that the band is 2.3mm, is that the final width you wanted the ring to be or will it be closer to 2mm? I don't think I would want my shank to be any wider than 2mm. I see the video but it's hard to tell what the finished width is. I see that the stones on the shank are 1.8mm, such a perfect choice big enough for sparkle but not too big as to distract from the lovely center stone. I'm thinking of having them add stones to the basket, not the prong. Similar to this pic:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkRMp4Hak0/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I prefer thinner band, 1.8-2mm is my sweet spot. But I'm a fan of the Rachel as well and the band is a bit thicker so I kept that look. Like you said 1.8mm for the side stones was a good size because it's big enough to be seen. I had 1.6mm side stones from SG and I felt 1.8 was going to work for this better. I actually mentioned in one of our CAD revision that I wanted it to be less than 2.3mm, but I don't know if she didn't hear me or if that was the best they could do with 1.8mm side stones. I just got the ring and I measured the band, it's about 2.15 at the area without the stones and 2.2mm where the stones are, so I lost about .1mm from that 2.3mm CAD. I was hoping I would lose more material, but I honestly love how it looks so I'm happy with it^_^

Haha, I love that ring as well, that you link. I thought about getting a yellow gold after seeing her ring around (think she went with rose gold though), but I kept with platinum. I thought about putting stones around the basket as well, but I decided not to. I want this ring to last for a while and I heard smaller moissanites might tend to crack some where along the line so I didn't want to risk putting smaller moissanites around the stone and have to worry about it.

I got my ring today and I AM IN LOVE!!! Just for reference, my ring size is 7.5 US, I went with platinum, 1.8mm side stones, and 8x9.5mm G-H ACC main stone. I wish my hand was better to do this ring a justice.

VIDEOS:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 31

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
It's snowing out so I haven't gotten a chance to go outside yet, but I think it looks great in every lighting so far. Pictures don't do it justice.

10.jpg 11.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's snowing out so I haven't gotten a chance to go outside yet, but I think it looks great in every lighting so far. Pictures don't do it justice.

10.jpg 11.jpg

It’s a beautiful ring! Congratulations!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I prefer thinner band, 1.8-2mm is my sweet spot. But I'm a fan of the Rachel as well and the band is a bit thicker so I kept that look. Like you said 1.8mm for the side stones was a good size because it's big enough to be seen. I had 1.6mm side stones from SG and I felt 1.8 was going to work for this better. I actually mentioned in one of our CAD revision that I wanted it to be less than 2.3mm, but I don't know if she didn't hear me or if that was the best they could do with 1.8mm side stones. I just got the ring and I measured the band, it's about 2.15 at the area without the stones and 2.2mm where the stones are, so I lost about .1mm from that 2.3mm CAD. I was hoping I would lose more material, but I honestly love how it looks so I'm happy with it^_^

Haha, I love that ring as well, that you link. I thought about getting a yellow gold after seeing her ring around (think she went with rose gold though), but I kept with platinum. I thought about putting stones around the basket as well, but I decided not to. I want this ring to last for a while and I heard smaller moissanites might tend to crack some where along the line so I didn't want to risk putting smaller moissanites around the stone and have to worry about it.

I got my ring today and I AM IN LOVE!!! Just for reference, my ring size is 7.5 US, I went with platinum, 1.8mm side stones, and 8x9.5mm G-H ACC main stone. I wish my hand was better to do this ring a justice.

VIDEOS:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: OH M GEEEE!! It's so pretty! You did such a good job with the proportions, it's a total Rachel dupe, love it! I remember reading somewhere that SG does not do moissanite melee in GH, only in EF, do you notice a different between in color of the center stone vs the side stones? That's the only thing holding me back from getting stones on the shank. You must be thrilled! Thank you so much. I'm thinking about going for 2.1 where the stones are so with polishing I end up around 2mm. I'll ask Mona, the young lady I am working with.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

VIDEOS:

I LOVE how low the stone is set in the ring, also that the head is integrated into the shank- no doughnut, keeps it comfortable and low on the finger.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: OH M GEEEE!! It's so pretty! You did such a good job with the proportions, it's a total Rachel dupe, love it! I remember reading somewhere that SG does not do moissanite melee in GH, only in EF, do you notice a different between in color of the center stone vs the side stones? That's the only thing holding me back from getting stones on the shank. You must be thrilled! Thank you so much. I'm thinking about going for 2.1 where the stones are so with polishing I end up around 2mm. I'll ask Mona, the young lady I am working with.

Thank you:) I love it too! The stone is G-H color and the melee stones are colorless, but they all blend together really well. My stone is not really that warm so I think that's why. The white metal might also help as well to bring it all together. I heard someone said it could be because the facets are chunky and like mirrors it's reflecting whiter from the melee stones? Not sure the reasons, but they all go well together :D

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you:) I love it too! The stone is G-H color and the melee stones are colorless, but they all blend together really well. My stone is not really that warm so I think that's why. The white metal might also help as well to bring it all together. I heard someone said it could be because the facets are chunky and like mirrors it's reflecting whiter from the melee stones? Not sure the reasons, but they all go well together :D[/QUOTE

I think I'm going to have to go with platinum too! Would you mind adding a few more pics (when you get a chance) of you holding a cup as well as a couple more profile pics please? Sorry to bother you so much but my ATD (attention to detail) goes into hyper drive when I am working on a ring. You don't have to do this tonight as I am am in the very early stages of communication with Mona. Thank you!!!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

Haha, sure. I'll try to get some tomorrow if I can.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone :)

I have posted in the thread about Golden Bird Jewels as I have ordered a ring from Vijay. Deposit was paid a few days ago.

Then I found this thread and I am wondering if I should have tried SG first!

In any case I will see how the ring from GB turns out but I would like (in the future) to order one of the yellow moissanites in an emerald cut. I saw a gorgeous one on the IG account for SG.

I imagine a large (10-12ct size) moissanite would be quite expensive. This is as a cocktail style ring.

Has anyone ordered one in that kind of size that could tell me what they thought of it and maybe scare me off with the cost :lol:

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results