shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Well that was fast! I got the CAD from Mona this morning after agreeing on all the details last night! I think it looks good. The only change I'm making is reducing the number of side stones from 20 to 16 so there is a little bit more band in case my fingers get bigger over time and I need to resize. I used to be a size 4 a decade ago and now I'm a 4.5 so who knows where I'll be in 10 years.

IMG-20181204-WA0000 (1).jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I fell in love with the extra detail around the basket after seeing a custom Rachel on IG tempFileForShare_20181128-220205.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Oooops....that wasn't the photo I meant to upload. This is the one. tempFileForShare_20181203-002152.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Lucky_Rabbit for your help in ironing out the details and for taking all those extra pictures of your ring. Your pics and CAD were a great help! A big shout out to Swaye for starting this whole thread in the first place. I don't know how long it will take for my ring. I asked for the stone to be custom cut so that will take some time. Then they will have to make it and mail it. I'm going to try to be patient. Hahahha

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Lucky_Rabbit for your help in ironing out the details and for taking all those extra pictures of your ring. Your pics and CAD were a great help! A big shout out to Swaye for starting this whole thread in the first place. I don't know how long it will take for my ring. I asked for the stone to be custom cut so that will take some time. Then they will have to make it and mail it. I'm going to try to be patient. Hahahha

Haha, you're going for her exact ring. Your CAD looks very hefty. I say becareful though. Sometimes going with the exact measurements from the other company doesn't always translate when the Chinese vendor makes it. Hopefully everything won't be too thick for you when it finished:D How big is your stone again?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Haha, you're going for her exact ring. Your CAD looks very hefty. I say becareful though. Sometimes going with the exact measurements from the other company doesn't always translate when the Chinese vendor makes it. Hopefully everything won't be too thick for you when it finished:D How big is your stone again?
That's really good feedback Lucky Rabbit. CADS can sometimes make rings look bulkier than they are in real life too. My stone is 11×9 so I feel a slightly wider band would be okay. I'll ask Mona what she thinks.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The CADS show all the measurements before polishing so the width after polishing will be 2.2mm which I guess makes sense since the stones are 2mm. The thickness after polishing will be 1.3mm. I think it's going to be really nice. Mona just told me it will take 15-20 to ship. I have two rings arriving tomorrow so I'll have those to wear while I wait.

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
The CADS show all the measurements before polishing so the width after polishing will be 2.2mm which I guess makes sense since the stones are 2mm. The thickness after polishing will be 1.3mm. I think it's going to be really nice. Mona just told me it will take 15-20 to ship. I have two rings arriving tomorrow so I'll have those to wear while I wait.
15-20 days? Ooh, that's going to be torture! Can't wait to see your other ones.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
15-20 days? Ooh, that's going to be torture! Can't wait to see your other ones.

I have one of the original C&C unehanced OEC (7mm) stones from way back in 2009/2010 hubby got for me to celebrate us making it through the first year of being new parents. I had it set in a simple solitaire by Poppyseed over at Amcor Design in NYC. I wore it for a long time but then the Amora Gem Ultra came out and I decided to do a 10 yr upgrade by putting a 7mm Amora into a fabulous halo. The OEC solitaire ended up sitting in my jewelry box unworn.

I met hubby at a Christmas party my co-worker dragged me to. That was 15 years ago so I thought why not do something nice with the OEC? I had Alb at Amcor set it in a 3 stone ring flanked by two rubies. It should be coming soon. I got this pic on Monday but it looks like it wasn't actually picked up for delivery until yesterday so hopefully it will come in time for our Friday date night. It looks beautiful to me.
Attach5821_20181203_171911_2.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The other ring is by Life Spirals on Etsy. She does incredibly beautiful antique reproduction rings. I got this one, it's two toned with an 8mm OEC CZ. I ordered an OEC from SG to switch out the cz.

I actually have 2 more rings (in addition to these two) coming from this amazing Etsy Jeweler from Sophia, Bulgaria. She hand makes these resin rings. I got 2 ruby rings from her. One for me and one for my sister. I LOVE rubies. It's just a plus it also happens to be hubby and big sis' birthstone. I plan on wearing the ruby ring with the ring below.

il_570xN.1311795254_qbpf.jpg

il_570xN.1021930783_aukx.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The other ring is by Life Spirals on Etsy. She does incredibly beautiful antique reproduction rings. I got this one, it's two toned with an 8mm OEC CZ. I ordered an OEC from SG to switch out the cz.

I actually have 2 more rings (in addition to these two) coming from this amazing Etsy Jeweler from Sophia, Bulgaria. She hand makes these resin rings. I got 2 ruby rings from her. One for me and one for my sister. I LOVE rubies. It's just a plus it also happens to be hubby and big sis' birthstone. I plan on wearing the ruby ring with the ring below.

Wow. That ruby ring is really pretty. I have seen them from time to time and just love the color’s. Your OEC redo is gorgeous too.

BTW - I did talk with Cherry and she said that lab diamonds are now available for pave rings. They are going to cost a lot more but I am not sure how much more until someone actually prices it out

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

HOLY! That ruby is indeed gorgeous and such a simple, yet unique design you got it to be.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That ruby ring is really pretty. I have seen them from time to time and just love the color’s. Your OEC redo is gorgeous too.

BTW - I did talk with Cherry and she said that lab diamonds are now available for pave rings. They are going to cost a lot more but I am not sure how much more until someone actually prices it out
That will be awesome for people that are getting their engagement rings from SG, but since these are fashion rings for me, I don't see the point for round melee but would definitely go lab for baguettes.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I received my 3 stone ring today! I really love it. I got it in a 6.5 for my right middle finger but it's a wee bit tight so I'm wearing it on my left hand middle finger. I should have gone up a quarter size because of the thicker shank. The shank doesn't show at all on my finger thanks to the awesome coverage I'm getting with the three stone bezel. Here are a couple pics. The other two rings should be delivered on Monday.

20181208_134956.jpg

20181208_135254.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love it!! It looks great on your middle finger and I am slightly obsessed with colored stones.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love it!! It looks great on your middle finger and I am slightly obsessed with colored stones.
Thank you Swaye. I think colored stones make perfect right hand rings! This ring and the other two I'm getting on Monday will help to keep my mind off of the Star Gems ring I'm waiting for. Mona hasn't sent the video of my stone yet so I'll shoot her a message before we leave for dinner.

How's your ring project going, the one that's in Scandanavia? I studied for a year in Goteborg, Sweden. It's a beautiful country and I've been able to maintain the friendships I made over 20 years ago!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

The colored stone in your avatar is to die for! Is it a sapphire? I have a 10x8 oval lab cultured oval ruby I need to have set but I haven't decided what to do with it yet, your picture inspires me.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Swaye. I think colored stones make perfect right hand rings! This ring and the other two I'm getting on Monday will help to keep my mind off of the Star Gems ring I'm waiting for. Mona hasn't sent the video of my stone yet so I'll shoot her a message before we leave for dinner.

How's your ring project going, the one that's in Scandanavia? I studied for a year in Goteborg, Sweden. It's a beautiful country and I've been able to maintain the friendships I made over 20 years ago!
I agree about colored stones but I love them on any finger really. My Emerald is sitting in customs in the US since last Friday so I hope it clears soon. This project has been going on forever so I am getting a little impatient. They are working on a few more for me now too but if you have lived in Sweden for any period of time, you know they get a lot of time off around holidays....I lived in Goteborg too! You must have been at Chalmers?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I agree about colored stones but I love them on any finger really. My Emerald is sitting in customs in the US since last Friday so I hope it clears soon. This project has been going on forever so I am getting a little impatient. They are working on a few more for me now too but if you have lived in Sweden for any period of time, you know they get a lot of time off around holidays....I lived in Goteborg too! You must have been at Chalmers?

I was at the IHM Business school. All my classes were in English. I enjoyed my time there. We would catch the ferry from Malmo to Copenhagen for the weekend sometimes. I even got to experience midsummer up in the North near Norway. Iceland was crazy expensive even way back then.
Please post pics of all your new beauties, can wait to see them!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I'm thinking of making a last minute change to the ring SG is making me. I hope they haven't started making it yet so I can change the gold from white to yellow. My new ring that I received and wore all day and night yesterday is in 14k yellow gold and it look so good against my darker skin. Wish me luck!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
That is seriously gorgeous!! Holy cow!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
That is seriously gorgeous!! Holy cow!
Thank you Lucky Rabbit. I'm feeling a little nervous after seeing those two stones over at Wedding Bee with what appears to be one straight side and one curvy side, do you see anything like that with mine?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lucky Rabbit. I'm feeling a little nervous after seeing those two stones over at Wedding Bee with what appears to be one straight side and one curvy side, do you see anything like that with mine?

I think yours is seriously gorgeous, even the comments in the IG people are loving it. I can't tell if it's the angle or something else. I'm just paying attention to the cut itself.
The shape looks slightly not rectangular? But I don't know if it's the shadow or how she's holding it. It's hard to tell with it resting on a hand like that.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I’m going to email Cherry to order an ACC. That is gorgeous. I love the longer rectangular shape. It has a great ratio. I just saw your CAD! That is gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the finished ring.

Thank you so much! Honesly, I have seen so many pics of different SG stones and I think the ACC is their best one!

Last edited:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I think yours is seriously gorgeous, even the comments in the IG people are loving it. I can't tell if it's the angle or something else. I'm just paying attention to the cut itself.
The shape looks slightly not rectangular? But I don't know if it's the shadow or how she's holding it. It's hard to tell with it resting on a hand like that.

Mona sent me two additional videos via WhatsApp but I can't for the life of me figure out how to shrink them to post here. I love the ratio of my stone. I just hope they can properly execute the finished ring.

Last edited:

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Mona sent me two additional videos via WhatsApp but I can't for the life of me figure out how to shrink them to post here. I love the ratio of my stone. I just hope they can properly execute the finished ring.

can you upload them to a vimeo or youtube account?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
can you upload them to a vimeo or youtube account?
I tried to upload them to my youtube account, but couldn't. She sent them via WHATAPP so I tried to save them to my computer to upload but can't.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I tried to upload them to my youtube account, but couldn't. She sent them via WHATAPP so I tried to save them to my computer to upload but can't.
Aaawww, that's too bad. But I'm sure it looks beautiful^_^

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results