shape
carat
color
clarity

meanest thing you have heard someone say about someones e-ring?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just remembered a young lady that worked at a jewelry store where I took my heirloom ring for resizing told me that she initially thought it was a dirty diamond (referring to the color) until her boss told her it was a fancy light yellow o_Oo_Oo_O i think she was trying to give it a compliment :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still don’t get it..:(2

@Mamabean there are all types of people in this world. Some of them not so nice. My philosophy is one cannot change these people so don't waste your time or energy and instead surround yourself with those who love and care about you. The real you. And accept you for who you are.
Don't let the negative energy people drain you. Not worth it.
Shrug it off because what they say and what they think about you truly means nothing.

13240768_1568538113446832_3175137689208845543_n.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got engaged I had a friend of a friend who was an ugly piece of work who desperately wanted to shame anyone who got engaged with the diamond that her parents had bought her in exchange for what her fiancé was able to buy. It was a huge D. She would grab other people’s rings, put them on her hand beside her ring, and point out how much smaller and less white that everyone’s rings were (and how sorry she felt for us that our bf’s couldn’t afford what ‘hers could’). It was super uncomfortable. For both the men and the women in our group.
That’s so miserable...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean there are all types of people in this world. Some of them not so nice. My philosophy is one cannot change these people so don't waste your time or energy and instead surround yourself with those who love and care about you. The real you. And accept you for who you are.
Don't let the negative energy people drain you. Not worth it.
Shrug it off because what they say and what they think about you truly means nothing.

13240768_1568538113446832_3175137689208845543_n.jpg
That’s so true @missy Funny you said don’t let the negative energy people drain you...I have a few people that do that in my family..and it’s not my sweet son..It’s the ones that should know better.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I had a friend who chose his grandmothers vintage, simple ring (with a very small diamond) to propose to the girl he had been dating for 1 1/2 years.

As he tells it, she got excited when he went down on one knee, he explained he was proposing in the same spot his grandmother had gotten engaged to is grandfather and, as he opened the case, with the same ring...

She stood, silently, and asked, "but, we will get a better ring before I tell my friends, right?".....

He told me there was a long awkward silence where he stood, put the ring back in his jacket pocket, drove her home and never spoke to her again.

In the end he is married to a wonderful woman who wore his vintage grandma's ring proudly (it has since been replaced, but she keeps it in her jewelry case for special occasions). Sometimes the wrong words, result in the right ending, I guess.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a friend who chose his grandmothers vintage, simple ring (with a very small diamond) to propose to the girl he had been dating for 1 1/2 years.

As he tells it, she got excited when he went down on one knee, he explained he was proposing in the same spot his grandmother had gotten engaged to is grandfather and, as he opened the case, with the same ring...

She stood, silently, and asked, "but, we will get a better ring before I tell my friends, right?".....

He told me there was a long awkward silence where he stood, put the ring back in his jacket pocket, drove her home and never spoke to her again.

In the end he is married to a wonderful woman who wore his vintage grandma's ring proudly (it has since been replaced, but she keeps it in her jewelry case for special occasions). Sometimes the wrong words, result in the right ending, I guess.
How heartbreaking for him in the moment. Glad he got his happy ending eventually.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She did him a huge favor showing him who she really was sooner vs later. And so happy for him finding his true love. Definitely worth the wait.:kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Was this person who told you the story someone you knew well? I am asking because the story sounds apocryphal to me. Of course if the person who told you the story is a close friend, then you know it is really true.

Not only does the woman sound shallow, but so does the man. What kind of man loves a woman enough to propose, then goes off and never speaks to her again? If a man was ready to commit to marriage, he should be willing to discuss the issue of values/money/material good with a woman. Who cuts off all communication like that? Not a man I would ever want to be involved with. People who want to live together are going to go through a lot more than a difference of opinion over the value of a material possession.

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
I never had beautiful hands, Sunnybopeep, and now I am 68 years old. I thank you very much for your vote of confidence, however. I looked for a picture of one of my hands. Here is one. In this photo the ring, which I love, does not show up the way it looks in reality. My hand, unfortunately, looks pretty much the way it actually does. ;)) No muffin top, but stubby, short fingers and wrinkles. I am going to take the tact that many women have taken for years: I earned those wrinkles!

StubbyFingersOldandWrinkly.jpg

Deb :wavey:
WOW ! What a ring ! And your hands by the way, wears that ring beautifully !;)2

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I never had beautiful hands, Sunnybopeep, and now I am 68 years old. I thank you very much for your vote of confidence, however. I looked for a picture of one of my hands. Here is one. In this photo the ring, which I love, does not show up the way it looks in reality. My hand, unfortunately, looks pretty much the way it actually does. ;)) No muffin top, but stubby, short fingers and wrinkles. I am going to take the tact that many women have taken for years: I earned those wrinkles!

StubbyFingersOldandWrinkly.jpg

Deb :wavey:

Love your ring :love:, I was looking at the 3 stone with gemstone thread earlier and I don't think it's there?!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mizzbutterfly and meely. I am sure there are a lot of recent threads in which my ring does not appear because it is an "oldie". But it had its day. When I had it made it was exclaimed over just as each new ring is exclaimed over now. You can't get everyone excited about a ring that's been "around" for years. Here is a link to a thread about it, though. For anyone who has never seen and wants to see more pictures. :))

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-red-spinel-two-diamond-pears-are-wed.171017/

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The worst I've ever heard was said to me. A girl who has a small emerald e-ring called it cute, in a very patronising tone. Complete with smirk and reassuring double pat of the arm. I also thought it was far too small but never expected someone to say it. my mom quietly suggested I start wearing my 16th birthday present diamond ring instead (as it is bigger) and fancier. then I also have a few friends, from Scotland and Hungary, who called my MRB 0.30 ''too flashy" and "in your face". So, whatevs. Everyone has their own tastes. I figure why make someone who is insecure about their ring moreso, and why sow the seed of doubt in someone who is thrilled with their lifeless grain of salt? The only time I can imagine saying something is if it was clearly a sim and they had no clue.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The worst I've ever heard was said to me. A girl who has a small emerald e-ring called it cute, in a very patronising tone. Complete with smirk and reassuring double pat of the arm. I also thought it was far too small but never expected someone to say it. my mom quietly suggested I start wearing my 16th birthday present diamond ring instead (as it is bigger) and fancier. then I also have a few friends, from Scotland and Hungary, who called my MRB 0.30 ''too flashy" and "in your face". So, whatevs. Everyone has their own tastes. I figure why make someone who is insecure about their ring moreso, and why sow the seed of doubt in someone who is thrilled with their lifeless grain of salt? The only time I can imagine saying something is if it was clearly a sim and they had no clue.

You have friends from Hungary?

By the way, to own a diamond in Hungary is not usual. I’m happy, everyone assumes, my diamond rings are from Swarovski.:lol:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you mizzbutterfly and meely. I am sure there are a lot of recent threads in which my ring does not appear because it is an "oldie". But it had its day. When I had it made it was exclaimed over just as each new ring is exclaimed over now. You can't get everyone excited about a ring that's been "around" for years. Here is a link to a thread about it, though. For anyone who has never seen and wants to see more pictures. :))

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-red-spinel-two-diamond-pears-are-wed.171017/

Just looked at your thread, it's a truly lovely ring. That spinel is amazing, the proportions of the diamonds to the spinel are perfect, the setting is beautifully executed and it looks stunning on you. So glad I saw it, albeit in a convoluted way!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have a co-worker who has a very busy princess cut setting with a pretty big princess cut center stone >2ct that is not a great cut and looks gray. The picture posted is just a close sample, her center stone is actually ONE large princess

I have heard a other people call her ring "vulgar" or "bad taste" as in Money can't buy taste....but never in her face. They just say WOW, that's some huge bling! He must REALLY love you! I just say nothing at all because it is not really my taste.

This is the closest setting I could find online: Buh-ling.jpg

ean

Brilliant_Rock
:love:
OMG BWAHAHAHA!!! You made my morning! I literally spit coffee across the table! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours :lol::lol::lol:
79669298-A51A-43EE-9C30-BF2B5FD84CCB.jpeg
Gah! I just realize this horrible woman made me subconsciously self-conscious and I’ve been deleting any photo that was definitively muffiny. Body shaming sux. :(2

5.75 isn’t big AT ALL.My finger is a 6 and my ring is 6.25 and it feels a little tight when I wake up or when it’s hot outside and I am 115lbs! That stone though. *drool*

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My original engagement ring which is now gone from a burglary was a GIA 3EX .80 H VS1 rb in a double edge halo WG verragio setting. It was a firecracker and I’ve received nothing but compliments on it except one time when my former co worker in a hardware store a 60+ year old(she said she used to work at a jewelry store) who has to have glasses to read everything looks at my ring at about 12 inches away and says “eh, there’s some inclusions here and there but it’s fine.” :confused:

I stared at my ring for 2 years and never found an inclusion with just my eyes. How could she see them in a VS1 stone from 12 inches away??

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original engagement ring which is now gone from a burglary was a GIA 3EX .80 H VS1 rb in a double edge halo WG verragio setting. It was a firecracker and I’ve received nothing but compliments on it except one time when my former co worker in a hardware store a 60+ year old(she said she used to work at a jewelry store) who has to have glasses to read everything looks at my ring at about 12 inches away and says “eh, there’s some inclusions here and there but it’s fine.” :confused:

I stared at my ring for 2 years and never found an inclusion with just my eyes. How could she see them in a VS1 stone from 12 inches away??

She probably mistook her own nose hairs for inclusions while looking down on your ring, bless her heart. ;)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL she probably had vitreous floaters (which increase with age) and those are the "inclusions" she was seeing. :P2

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG BWAHAHAHA!!! You made my morning! I literally spit coffee across the table! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours :lol::lol::lol:
79669298-A51A-43EE-9C30-BF2B5FD84CCB.jpeg
Gah! I just realize this horrible woman made me subconsciously self-conscious and I’ve been deleting any photo that was definitively muffiny. Body shaming sux. :(2

There is nothing wrong with your fingers! But in any case, with a ring that beautiful no-one will notice your fingers anyway!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is superior to you in all ways. Her jewelry is better than yours and so is her eyesight. But then, again, she is superior to everyone in the world, so what can you do? ;))

Deb, a realist :read:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:O
She is superior to you in all ways. Her jewelry is better than yours and so is her eyesight. But then, again, she is superior to everyone in the world, so what can you do? ;))

Deb, a realist :read:
:lol::lol: I just want to say your hands look very similar to mine and I’m 24. I’ve spent my whole life hating my hands and it’s only gotten worse since I get paper cuts and burns easy. My mom told me that I should be proud of my hands because it is the hands of a hardworker and that I show the people I love how much I love them through them ( I LOVE cooking). It’s still a struggle to look at them and not hate them, but I think it’s getting better everyday. And I also have a new philosphy, maybe if I fill them with diamonds people would get distracted and not notice my hands that much(because they’ll be blinded) :lol: Needless to say, your hands are beautiful and that ring is perfect on you!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, there's something about that story, that makes me feel there is more to the story. I also think it's weird, that his proposal is all about his grandparents, but nothing about his and hers relationship (did they have no discussion or talks about engagement and engagement rings?). Maybe, it was a blessing for both.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL she probably had vitreous floaters (which increase with age) and those are the "inclusions" she was seeing. :P2
scratchhead.gif
... that's what I have been seeing on my VS1 stone? :confused:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah, there's something about that story, that makes me feel there is more to the story. I also think it's weird, that his proposal is all about his grandparents, but nothing about his and hers relationship (did they have no discussion or talks about engagement and engagement rings?). Maybe, it was a blessing for both.

You are likely right - it’s a short story for sure, probably many other twists and turns of which I am unaware. Either way - he seems happy now!

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I was a junior leaguer for a few years. The ladies in JL have a bit of a reputation for being snotty. Not all are, but a lot of the ladies in my chapter thought very highly of themselves. One queen bee would make a point of doing this overly sickly sweet routine anytime someone got engaged and would announce “well isn’t this just dainty!” with a big fake smile. Didn’t matter the size, it was “dainty”.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results