shape
carat
color
clarity

meanest thing you have heard someone say about someones e-ring?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My MIL commented to my husband that my stone was rather large suggesting he spent too much. Of course he told me.

It sounds as if there are some mothers-in-law with whom one cannot win. It's like The Goldilocks Questions. This ring is too big! This ring is too small! But is there ever going to be a ring that your son gives his wife that is "just right"? :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got engaged in France then took the train to northern Italy so that I could meet my husband's parents on the weekend. My husband bought me a tiny 18K gold ring with two 1-point diamonds in it. I loved it. It was very delicate and just my style. When my mother-in-law to be saw it, she cried. I just thought she was sentimental, but my husband (then fiancé ) told me it was because there wasn't a third diamond in there for her. (He did not have a good relationship with his mother, although she always wanted to be close to him.)

I'm sorry my ring looks so battered in this photo. It actually still looks good in normal light. :))

AGBFGenova18KRing2010.jpg

AGBF

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A third diamond on there for her ? Uhm. Yikes?!

My mom said that the setting I designed from stuller components for a pawn shop diamond (rose gold shank and unplated white gold head) “just isn’t me” (which I’m like so, it is me) and “it reminds me of a carnival.” What does that mean? lol. She is accustomed to the reality that I get a new ring every couple years, so she doesn’t have to like any of them. I do.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got engaged in France then took the train to northern Italy so that I could meet my husband's parents on the weekend. My husband bought me a tiny 18K gold ring with two 1-point diamonds in it. I loved it. It was very delicate and just my style. When my mother-in-law to be saw it, she cried. I just thought she was sentimental, but my husband (then fiancé ) told me it was because there wasn't a third diamond in there for her. (He did not have a good relationship with his mother, although she always wanted to be close to him.)

I'm sorry my ring looks so battered in this photo. It actually still looks good in normal light. :))

AGBFGenova18KRing2010.jpg

AGBF

:eek2::eek2::eek2: reminds me of a bf I had that had to spend every other night with his mom when we were dating.

Btw, I love the ring!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Tangential, and not exactly about a specific ring, but one of the IG sellers I follow was doing a video about her current offerings and went on a tear about women who wear rings that are too tight for their fingers (she described them as ring muffin top). Mind you, she’s barely 100lbs likely. Needless to say, I took personal offense, and offense for all non- willowy women everywhere. My wedding ring size is 5.75 and despite the small size on my pillowy frame, my ring still spins and I have to constantly adjust it. And yes, I have ring muffin! I will not be buying from her. :angryfire:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst engagement story I ever got involved with was with a work colleague. I was young and naive.
She came into work proudly showing off her new engagement ring. She wasn’t shy in proudly telling everyone that her fiancée had spent $10,000 on it.
One look and I was shocked. Thinking that her fiancée had been scammed I encouraged her to go to my jeweller to get an appraisal so she could get it insured. That way the jeweller would say “that’s not a diamond it’s a Cubic Zirconia” so then they could take it back and demand a refund.
The outcome wasn’t as I had expected.
Her fiancée had apparently gambled and lost $10,000 of their savings and to hide that fact he’d bought a CZ ring for $100 or so and passed it off as a real $10,000 diamond ring to her.
Obviously that was the end of the relationship and at the time I felt terrible.
Ever since then I’ve never passed a comment on anyone engagement ring other than to say it’s beautiful.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The worst engagement story I ever got involved with was with a work colleague. I was young and naive.
She came into work proudly showing off her new engagement ring. She wasn’t shy in proudly telling everyone that her fiancée had spent $10,000 on it.
One look and I was shocked. Thinking that her fiancée had been scammed I encouraged her to go to my jeweller to get an appraisal so she could get it insured. That way the jeweller would say “that’s not a diamond it’s a Cubic Zirconia” so then they could take it back and demand a refund.
Her fiancée had apparently gambled and lost $10,000 of their savings and to hide that fact he’d bought a CZ ring for $100 or so and passed it off as a real $10,000 diamond ring to her.
Ever since then I’ve never passed a comment on anyone engagement ring other than to say it’s beautiful.
Don’t feel bad @Bron357 you did her a favour

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A French friend's friend (say this 3 x fast... Lol) got engaged around the same time as me and our mutual friend.
CS rings are the norm here. She has a vintage Ruby cluster, my friend a modern custom sapphire. When she quickly glanced at my diamond three stone stone she just said "ehhh.. All white , how boring" ..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only ever say how beautiful if someone shows me any of their jewelry unless it is someone I am very close with and I know they want my opinion for real. Most people just want you to say it's beautiful and don't want a critique.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't feel bad, as others said- you did her a favor.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG BWAHAHAHA!!! You made my morning! I literally spit coffee across the table! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours :lol::lol::lol:
79669298-A51A-43EE-9C30-BF2B5FD84CCB.jpeg
Gah! I just realize this horrible woman made me subconsciously self-conscious and I’ve been deleting any photo that was definitively muffing. Body shaming sux. :(2

Oh @Keeliamira all I can say is Muffinlicious!!!:kiss2: We should all have such lovely little muffins.:lol: Seriously though, your ring and hands are gorgeous! I mean that.:appl:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tangential, and not exactly about a specific ring, but one of the IG sellers I follow was doing a video about her current offerings and went on a tear about women who wear rings that are too tight for their fingers (she described them as ring muffin top). Mind you, she’s barely 100lbs likely. Needless to say, I took personal offense, and offense for all non- willowy women everywhere. My wedding ring size is 5.75 and despite the small size on my pillowy frame, my ring still spins and I have to constantly adjust it. And yes, I have ring muffin! I will not be buying from her. :angryfire:
As someone who has trouble with a muffin top when my fingers are swollen or when I try to stack, I have to add that a lot of it has to do with the shape of your finger, not your BMI.

And girl, a size 5.75 is tiny! I'm a size 7 (but wear a 7.5 because of said muffin top lol)

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
OMG BWAHAHAHA!!! You made my morning! I literally spit coffee across the table! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours :lol::lol::lol:
79669298-A51A-43EE-9C30-BF2B5FD84CCB.jpeg
Gah! I just realize this horrible woman made me subconsciously self-conscious and I’ve been deleting any photo that was definitively muffiny. Body shaming sux. :(2

Gosh you have such lovely hands and such a gorgeous ring! I’m part of the “muffin top crew,” and it has nothing to do with my weight or anything that I could control. I was just born with these hands. What a rude woman.

Imagine if we were all so worried about our ring muffin tops that we wore ill-fitting ring sizes. Our rings would be flying off everywhere!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh you have such lovely hands and such a gorgeous ring! I’m part of the “muffin top crew,” and it has nothing to do with my weight or anything that I could control. I was just born with these hands. What a rude woman.

I adore your hands, Sunnybopeep. When I looked at your icon the the other day the photo reminded me of a little girl's hand. My hands fingers are stubby, but my hands are old and wrinkled. ;))

Deb :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who has trouble with a muffin top when my fingers are swollen or when I try to stack, I have to add that a lot of it has to do with the shape of your finger, not your BMI.

And girl, a size 5.75 is tiny! I'm a size 7 (but wear a 7.5 because of said muffin top lol)

I have a dear friend who wears a size 7, and her fingers are BEAUTIFUL... zero muffin top.
Then there's me... I wear a size 4.75, and I still have "muffin-top finger"!! MTF is real, ya'll!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a dear friend who wears a size 7, and her fingers are BEAUTIFUL... zero muffin top.
Then there's me... I wear a size 4.75, and I still have "muffin-top finger"!! MTF is real, ya'll!
I have NEVER noticed a muffin top in any of your pictures- only how ginormous your diamond is on your itty bitty fingers :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have NEVER noticed a muffin top in any of your pictures- only how ginormous your diamond is on your itty bitty fingers :)

Oh, girl... it's there. But thank you... I'll let my husband know that I need to keep a larger diamond to divert attention away from my Fred Flintstone hands. ;-)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, girl... it's there. But thank you... I'll let my husband know that I need to keep a larger diamond to divert attention away from my Fred Flintstone hands. ;-)
My dad used to say I had Fred Flintstone feet, so you are in good company :)

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
I adore your hands, Sunnybopeep. When I looked at your icon the the other day the photo reminded me of a little girl's hand. My hands fingers are stubby, but my hands are old and wrinkled. ;))

Awww thank you so much!
Your lovely comment made my day. :kiss2:
I’m sure you have beautiful hands, Deb!
I saw your beautiful and unique 18k gold ring with the two diamonds earlier in this thread, and I wanted to tell you that I really love it! I love how gold and dainty it is (with one diamond for you and one for your s/o) :) how romantic!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my BIL and SIL got engaged and were proudly showing off her ring, my MIL immediately got out her loop and proceeded to tell my future SIL her ring had flaws. Without missing a beat my future SIL told MIL said she was thrilled with her ring and was proud of her fiancé for picking out such a beautiful stone.

I will never understand how anyone could try to purposely ruin someone’s happiness. Is it really that difficult to be happy for someone?

@msop and @Keeliamira , Your rings are beautiful and look lovely on your pretty hands.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t let finger muffin top become an actual thing in my brain! My ring is tight and it’s beautiful!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure you have beautiful hands, Deb!

I never had beautiful hands, Sunnybopeep, and now I am 68 years old. I thank you very much for your vote of confidence, however. I looked for a picture of one of my hands. Here is one. In this photo the ring, which I love, does not show up the way it looks in reality. My hand, unfortunately, looks pretty much the way it actually does. ;)) No muffin top, but stubby, short fingers and wrinkles. I am going to take the tact that many women have taken for years: I earned those wrinkles!

StubbyFingersOldandWrinkly.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I showed my mum my ring that was a 3-stone EC I picked myself, based on the budget set by my then hubby at the time, about 0.7cttw, she said "it's a bit small".

DK :roll2:
Do we have the same mother?!
Mine said...oh, how... cute. She was wearing a 2.5ct, so mine did look « cute » in comparison, but she could have said pretty or lovely or even beautiful! :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results