shape
carat
color
clarity

meanest thing you have heard someone say about someones e-ring?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sniff, sniff ...

i smell jealousy. AND someone lacking tactfulness

It’s ok. She was young and I didn’t feel any ill will towards her at the time. She honestly didn’t know and it wasn’t the question (though it’s a ballsy question to someone you don’t really know) but how she asked it. Like wow that can’t be real. Even at the time despite being taken aback (not expecting it) I wasn’t upset. I am always willing to talk about diamonds (especially old cuts) and share info I know about them with those who want the info. She was inexperienced and young and didn’t come from a background of diamonds. That’s all I can share but suffice to say she didn’t mean it with malice. I’m sure. And I can’t be sure, because it was a long time ago, but we might have even had future discussions about old cut diamonds. I have yet come across a girl/woman who isn’t at least a little taken with diamonds and their sparkle and glow. IME.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bitter person indeed. I recall one experience I had at work. A front staff member looked at my ring and said "is that real?" LOL at first I was surprised anyone would even ask. I mean OK think what you will but to come out and ask me is my ring real? We weren't friends or even colleagues. She didn't know me and I didn't know her. I laughed and said as real as they come. Smiled and walked away. It didn't bother me at all. It surprised me and I found it very amusing actually.

I used to get that constantly with my 3 carat. Not many big diamond where I live.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
“Blink and you’ll miss it”

A colleague once said this to me about our colleague’s modest engagement ring. So bitter and bitchy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A colleague once said this to me about our colleague’s modest engagement ring. So bitter and bitchy.

We all know people like this and this says volumes about them and absolutely nothing about the person they are criticizing. Sad. Really sad. And you are spot on about what you wrote re the double B behavior. ::)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Ah, got it, it is made up of small diamonds and not one big one!"

DK :roll2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

uuggh ...

... just hurts my heart ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results