shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Red Spinel & Two Diamond Pears Are Wed!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At long last, the beautiful red spinel I have had for many months has been set. I have to thank Andrey and Pricescope for making this ring possible. I used the generous gifts he gave me to use with a Pricescope vendor to buy the diamond pear sidestones with which I set the spinel. I bought the lovely stones from Jonathan at Good Old Gold. (Thanks, Jonathan, it was good to do business with you after all these years!)

There is already a thread about this ring in the Colored Stones forum.

(Link to thread below)
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/[/URL]

But someone asked me to post about the ring here, so I am doing so. If anyone wants to read the (terribly long) story of how I found the red spinel and decided on the shape of the side stones, there is a thread on that, too!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/[/URL]

I really owe the Pricescope community a lot of gratitude for all your help!

Thanks again!

Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

mynewspinelring12.jpg

mynewspinelring13.jpg

mynewspinelring19.jpg

mynewspinelring21.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shut up! That's eye-popping gorgeous in every way!!!! OMG x 1 million!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's stunning, Deb! :cheeky: :love: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: It is gorgeous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had planned to post this photo, too. I also should describe the ring. The shank is 18K yellow gold and the head is platinum. The spinel itself is 3.16 carats. It is a red cushion cut that originated in Myanmar (Burma). It measures 10.24mm x 8.25mm x 4.91mm. The side diamonds are pear shaped stones that weigh .51 and .53 carat respectively. Each is a VVS clarity and D color stone per GIA report.

Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

mynewspinelring16.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! The proportions are absolutely perfect and the color of the spinel is TDF. :love:

Congrats on your ring - I hope you enjoy it every day in every way!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably said this before, but this is right up there with the most beautiful colored stone rings I have EVER seen! :love: :love: :love:

This is a ring I would truly love to have myself! But if I can't, I am so glad you have it, Deb! :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :appl:

(Deb, just for easy reference, would you please list the weight and measurements of the spinel and the weight of the diamonds for us here? Thanks!)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1327377181|3110210 said:
I(Deb, just for easy reference, would you please list the weight and measurements of the spinel and the weight of the diamonds for us here? Thanks!)

Thank you for asking, diamondseeker! We were crossposting. I was attempting to edit a posting to add information about weight and size of stones just as you were asking for information. Naturally, I am flattered to be asked!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:saint:

omc111

Rough_Rock
Absolutely fabulous! And I love the care with which you made every decision about the design and making of your ring. The spinel is TDF!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking the time to post comments here motownmama, PintoBean, marcy, MissGotRocks, diamondseeker (and you were doing it for about the twentieth time!!!), and armywife. It is always kind when someone bothers to pat someone else on the shoulder here!!!

Grazie!

Deb
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omc111|1327378381|3110225 said:
Absolutely fabulous! And I love the care with which you made every decision about the design and making of your ring. The spinel is TDF!

Thank you very much omc111. I am old and I have made pieces of jewelry before and then not been happy with them. I guess I just didn't want that to happen again. When I look at my thread and see about 13 pages of myself going on and on about a project for myself, however, all I see is a monster of narcissism! I hope that I do some things with redeeming social value when I am not on Pricescope, so that my life is not completely witout merit!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:saint:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this ring!!! Truly one of the prettiest I've ever seen - you've done a marvelous job designing it Deb, it's gorgeous! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:o :love:

Wow. Congrats!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Seriously kick a$$ ring AGBF! :love: The color of your spinel is beautiful! Congratulations! :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly one of the most stunning rings I've ever had the joy of seeing! I only wish I could see it in real life. It's perfect, the red is beautiful and pears are my favorite cut - a wonderful combination!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful and I really love the colour of the Spinel. Congratulations on such a lovely ring. Would love to see a couple of handshots :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I love the combo of diamonds and a gorgeous red stone! The proportions are perfect! Handshots please!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is stunning! :love: Love the pears with your oval and those pointy prongs are to die for!!!!!!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna see hand shots!! Please? :appl:

Oops, I saw them in the other thread. Pretty!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow, what a gorgeous ring. I'd also like to see hand shots!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Deb, that is gorgeous! Totally stunning! Wear it in good health always!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: ...a royal ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Truly beautiful! What a ring!! :love: :love: :love:

Enjoy this stunning piece of art!

Cachette :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Deb, your ring is incredible and the color of your red spinel is out of this world!!! Who did the setting? I am so HAPPY for you!!! That beauty couldn't go to a nicer more wonderful lady. hugs :appl: :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was worth the wait to get just what you wanted- stunning!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, your ring is beautiful!!! The long-sought spinel is spectacular set, and the pears are the *perfect* complements. I really couldn't imagine a prettier combination :love:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Wear it in good health!

ETA: I just went through your other thread - it looks fantastic on your finger, and Grunberger did a really nice job with the setting :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1327421106|3110464 said:
ETA: I just went through your other thread - it looks fantastic on your finger, and Grunberger did a really nice job with the setting :bigsmile:

I see now that Grunberger did your ring in the other thread in the pretty box; amazing! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results