shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopefully my last post/question. Rate these diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My pear is a little fatter than the trade preference of 1.5 to 1.7. It's about 1.49, here's a photo and you can compare it to cflutist's pear that is in the 1.6ish range. It may give you some idea. I would guess that the yellow sapphire and diamond ring pictured is around 1.4ish.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-here.15610/

reena

Ideal_Rock
this is good news--if cflutist''s pear is a 1.63 and pearcrazy''s is a 1.49, then i think that both your 1.65 AND your 1.47 will be really pretty. from the pictures of CF''s and PC''s rings, both shapes are appealling to my eye. the model of the 1.65 from the gemappraiser site looks a bit narrow to me, but CF''s 1.63 stone doesn''t look too narrow at all so it may be a matter of the model not quite reflecting reality.
2.gif

im so excited to see the pictures of these babies!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
0783225849.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well I finally uploaded the picture. But unfortunately it''s lost it''s laugh
7.gif

Oh Well- It would have been funny a few posts ago
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
You sneaky..... Nan!

Date: 12/3/2004 9:26:53 AM
Author: pearcrazy
My pear is a little fatter than the trade preference of 1.5 to 1.7. It''s about 1.49, here''s a photo and you can compare it to cflutist''s pear that is in the 1.6ish range. It may give you some idea. I would guess that the yellow sapphire and diamond ring pictured is around 1.4ish.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-here.15610/

Thank you for the help!!!
35.gif

I''m getting more and more excisted as I see more and more pretty pears like yours!!
36.gif

Date: 12/3/2004 9:50:29 AM
Author: reena
this is good news--if cflutist''s pear is a 1.63 and pearcrazy''s is a 1.49, then i think that both your 1.65 AND your 1.47 will be really pretty. from the pictures of CF''s and PC''s rings, both shapes are appealling to my eye. the model of the 1.65 from the gemappraiser site looks a bit narrow to me, but CF''s 1.63 stone doesn''t look too narrow at all so it may be a matter of the model not quite reflecting reality.
2.gif

im so excited to see the pictures of these babies!

Yeah, that''s great news!!

I''m guessing those drawings are a bit off. My first stone (The rounder one) was just a bit shorter and thicker than other stones of its carat that I see on line...So, I thought it was the oddball. The second one (The VS2) better fits the "Norm" for stones of its size.

We''ll see when those pics come through...I''m guessing sometime afternoon.

Oh....I ordered the "Other" gifts last night too (Her Christmas and Birthday)...

UB35701300_zoom.jpg

UE22701200_zoom.jpg

At the last minute, I went ahead and bought two of the bracelets...One extra for Susanne''s little girl (Well, not so little, she''s 12). She''ll think it''s cool that she''s got a bracelet matching her mom''s.

reena

Ideal_Rock
it''s so sweet that you got a bracelet for her daughter!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love the bracelet. Very classy. And I know she''ll love the earrings!

It''s so awfully sweet you got a bracelet for her daughter. That''s going to go over as well with the mother as with the daughter!!!

Yeah...It''s gonna be a fun couple of days. Hopefully her daughter comments on how much she likes the bracelet (I''m saving it for Christmas morning), then I''ll hand hers to her!!

Another topic...

I was reading that chipped diamond thread and it got me thinking...

One of the reasons I wanted to buy locally was to have a "Jeweler". Now, of course, that won''t be the case. What''s the best way to build a relationship with one to get the ring cleaned and taken care of, but not have to worry about such things??

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Most jewelers are happy to clean and check rings, just because it''s a nice service that might someday net them a customer. I''ve walked into many jewelry stores, looked around, and said, "BTW, do you think you can run my ring through your steamer?" (Also, though, cleaning and checking your own rings isn''t difficult, especially if she''s good about not wearing her ring when doing anything that might also chip her polish.)

What are you getting her for Valentine''s day? Maybe just pick a place where you can buy her a pair of amethyst studs and build a rapport there.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Aww, CEP, that is so thoughtful to get a bracelet for her daughter. You have really good husband/father instincts!
emthup.gif
As far as building a relationship with a jeweler, pick a place that is convenient for you. Just go in and ask to have her ring cleaned. See how you like the atmosphere, how you are treated and go from there. If you don''t like the place, then try another until you''ve found one you''re comfortable with. I''ve had my rings cleaned at several different jewelers and they are always happy to do it, since while they are doing the cleaning, you are most likely looking around their store at the merchandise!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 11:50:51 AM
Author: Christmas Eve Proposer
Yeah...It's gonna be a fun couple of days. Hopefully her daughter comments on how much she likes the bracelet (I'm saving it for Christmas morning), then I'll hand hers to her!!

Another topic...

I was reading that chipped diamond thread and it got me thinking...

One of the reasons I wanted to buy locally was to have a 'Jeweler'. Now, of course, that won't be the case. What's the best way to build a relationship with one to get the ring cleaned and taken care of, but not have to worry about such things??
I clean my rings with Windex and a soft tooth brush. But many people here have recommended the Salton product to clean your rings at home.

Also, I have ofen just been browsing at jewelry and the vendor has offered to steam clean my ring free.
As to loose prongs, I have diamond rings 50 to 100 years old (inherited) that have never had to have prongs tightened. It is easy enough to check this yourself every so ofen with a loupe to make certain that all the prongs are touching the stones.

As to having a local jeweler take care of such things, I am sure you can find someone local to tighten prongs. If it is more serious than that, I would contact Abazia about the repair.

The "chipped" stone sounds like a matter for an insurance company although the jeweler did offer them the price they paid for the stone. If you break the stone, you report it to your insurance company. It once happened to me and the insurance company took the stone and gave me the insured value because I did not want it recut to a smaller size.

When I have my jewelry appraised for insurance purposes, I have it insured for what the appraiser recommends as a realistic replacement value and not at an unrealistic retail value because i do not want to pay for more insurance than I need to replace the item.

OK...Here we go...

Well...I can't get them to load!! I can try loading them on my home page when I get home, then linking them here, but that won't be until tommorrow!!

Until then...Here's Reena's pictures of the two showing their sizes...

The Longer one is the H-VS2

The Shorter one is the F-SI2

(Oscar says he likes the H-VS2 because it's a little more "Lively". But, he says the SI2 is an abnormally clean SI2)...

CEP.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh no! this is unacceptable!
11.gif
i will send you a private message--check it in a sec OK?

Thanks Reena...You should have them.

(And for when they're posted...Oscar says the mark on the VS2 is not an inclusion, but a reflection. Plus, he's just gotten rid of his photography guy and he did these himself, so they're not as good as he would like to see. But, they're really big!!)

reena

Ideal_Rock
here we go.

CEP1.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
this one''s better for comparison purposes.

CEP2.JPG

Check out the tips...Oscar pointed-out that the longer one is more lively at the tip (Which I can see in the big picture).

It also looks more lively overall to me.

He also said he can''t see much of a difference in color. (Which, of course steers me towards the H-VS2).

Looking for opinions though!!
35.gif

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
just based on shape i like the longer one better, which really surprised me since i''m a round brilliant lover. i think it would look lovely with your trillions.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, CEP, i obviously can''t see the color and it''s impossible to tell about sparkle, but . . . the second one!
30.gif
i am loving that one! the shape is awesome! and IMO it looks much bigger than the first. i guess that''s partly because it IS bigger, measurement wise, and also the longer stones just tend to look bigger. plus it has the better numbers!
36.gif
AND it''s a VS2 . . .

this is so exciting!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The second longer one definately appears brighter. I like its shape better two, it gets my vote!!

Both are $8000.00...

The Left one is the 1.7 F - SI2 ............. The Right one is the 1.69 H - VS2

CEP2.JPG

(And WOW! Does the on the Right look LOTS bigger, or what??)

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I think I like the longer one best now that I see photos of the stone. I think the other one is a little too fat across the cener but I am sure they are both beautiful. And isn't it just like Reena to immediately come to your aid in posting the pictures?

reena

Ideal_Rock
it''s the one! it''s the one! it''s the one!
36.gif

what''s wrong with me, i''m like, giddy here!

Date: 12/3/2004 3:46:58 PM
oh, CEP, i obviously can''t see the color and it''s impossible to tell about sparkle, but . . . the second one!
30.gif
i am loving that one! the shape is awesome! and IMO it looks much bigger than the first. i guess that''s partly because it IS bigger, measurement wise, and also the longer stones just tend to look bigger. plus it has the better numbers!
36.gif
AND it''s a VS2 . . .

this is so exciting!

Looks like we''re in agreement! (Along with a couple of others already too! Thanks guys!!)

But Reena...

Have you looked at the original sized big pictures? If so, do you see the little mark on the VS2? Just up and to the right of center...At about 1:30? I asked Oscar about it, but he said that''s just a reflection...But now that I look again, maybe he thought I was talking about the long dark spot (Which DOES look like a reflection) that''s running directly through the middle).

Date: 12/3/2004 3:51
6.gif
3 PM
it''s the one! it''s the one! it''s the one!
36.gif

what''s wrong with me, i''m like, giddy here!

You''re so cool! And you''re making this so much easier for me!!
35.gif

rockupied

Rough_Rock
I didn''t think I would, but I like the second one better! The shape of that pear is more attractive to me and it looks more lively.

I prefer square stones so I''ve stayed out of this until now, but I''ve been following this thread since its'' inception. I empathize with your anality (that is my nature, too)- and commend you on your continual focus of trying to decide on something you believe to be best for your Love. And then you added such a touch of sweet when including her daughter in the plan. You are a very compassionate person. Kudos.

Date: 12/3/2004 3:56:42 PM
Author: rockupied
I didn''t think I would, but I like the second one better! The shape of that pear is more attractive to me and it looks more lively.

I prefer square stones so I''ve stayed out of this until now, but I''ve been following this thread since its'' inception. I empathize with your anality (that is my nature, too)- and commend you on your continual focus of trying to decide on something you believe to be best for your Love. And then you added such a touch of sweet when including her daughter in the plan. You are a very compassionate person. Kudos.

It''s pretty much a done deal...It''s a slam-dunk!! It''s the longer one!!

Now...I just have to get right with that little mark I''ve mentioned.

And thank you so much for the kind words!!
35.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
here''s one that''s almost as big as the original. i do see it--but this is so magnified.

CEP3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results