shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been lurking for quite a while, admiring all of the lovely eye candy! I''m so thrilled with my new pear shaped diamond that I got from Dirt Cheap Diamonds. It''s 1.12 I VS2 Table 60% Depth 64.7% 8.89 x 5.96 x 3.87. It replaced my former .54 carat H SI1 that I''d worn proudly for the last 13 years. Now I''m looking for ideas on what to do with my old center stone. I''m leaning toward a pendant surrounded by emerald stones or sapphires. Any other ideas? I''ve been looking for a picture everywhere that''s exactly what I want but so far no luck.

Looking forward to jumping right in.

pear diamond.JPG

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Sorry that it came out so huge. I'm really new to resizing pictures. Hope you will indulge me while I gain some skills.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PC,

Welcome to PS! What a lovely pear, it is a very beautiful shape, not too thin, not too wide, JUST RIGHT!

Very pretty setting.
9.gif

We love pics, so keep 'em coming!
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Congrats and best wishes. Good things come to those who wait. (whining helps too) LOL At least whining sometimes helps me.

Shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I'll PM you with my address so you can send me your "old" stone. Just a suggestion on what to do with it!
naughty.gif

Beautiful "new" ring. Is that the same setting you had with the .54? It looks great on your hand. Looks bigger than the carat wt. you noted.
Nan

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
COngratulations on your new ring! It's a beautiful pear -- it has great proportions.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Nan,

Yes, it's the same setting that I had for my old stone. The .54 stone was originally in a 6 prong tiffany solitare. We upgraded to the new setting a couple of years ago but couldn't afford to go for broke at the time and get the center stone too. It may look bigger than it is because of my short stubby fingers. The ring is a size 5.25. My original ring was a 4.5 but alas 2 pregnancies and 30 pounds...... well, you get the picture. Not too much whining to hubby for the ring. Just gentle reminders of bearing him 3 children (twins the second time around) and the thousands of dirty diapers I'd changed. Besides, my diamond is a heck of a lot cheaper than the sports car he's been oogling and won't ever depreciate.
9.gif
It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, just dangle some nice jewelry in front of me every so often!!
love.gif

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your new diamond. The ring looks beautiful. As far as the old stone, I would put it in a pendant surrounded by sapphires. I love the way the sapphires look with diamonds.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results