shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopefully my last post/question. Rate these diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the second one for sure. The longer, skinnier one. It looks beautiful! (And, like several others, I tend to like the rounder pears but not this time!)

Date: 12/3/2004 4:23
6.gif
7 PM
Author: youngster
Yes, the second one for sure. The longer, skinnier one. It looks beautiful! (And, like several others, I tend to like the rounder pears but not this time!)

Yeah...After I saw Reena''s drawings of the two sizes, I thought I liked the rounder one too (Because it was closer to a "Round Stone".), but there''s no comparison now!!

36.gif

And what''s really cool is...

The rounder one was my original one...And the whole time I was deciding on it, something bothered me...It wasn''t as long as other 1.7''s. It was thicker...And that was bothering me too.

So now...I don''t have that problem anymore!

It''s so cool!! I literally called Blue Nile about 3 times and didn''t get through the other day...And that was when I reconsiderd my fondness for an "F". I''m going to go find THE post that made me reconsider right now. The person that posted that REALLY couldn''t have had better timing!!

sahmama

Rough_Rock
The long skinny one is a winner. Can''t really see a color diff either, so hey, go for the VS2!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The longer, hands down.... 1000 times.

Besides, the fat pear has a dark bow tie big enough for an evening at the Opera!

H or no H, that's surely white and obviously nicely cut. Nothing left to be desired, IMO.
9.gif
I'scope?

OK...Here is my post from the other day when I had made up my mind and was getting ready to call Blue Nile and place the order for the "Rounder" stone...

Date: 12/1/2004 11:26:13 AM

Author: Christmas Eve Proposer
I'll be sure to keep you updated. Afterall, you're the only people, outside of the vendors, that I've told about this...

Now for an important update!!

I'm about an hour away from ordering this thing!! I'm going to be ordering the ring and the setting, and having it sent complete to an appraiser in Chicago. They'll receive it, do the appraisal, and hold it for me to pick-up next Thursday...Along with the earrings and bracelet I've ordered.

It seems like all will go well...We'll see!!

I'm wondering...Where can I pick-up a loop so I can inspect this thing about a bazillion times between next Thursday and Christmas Eve??

Then, all of the sudden, the post below showed-up. (While I was re-diling Blue Nile because Emerald must have been at lunch or something)....

Date: 12/1/2004 1:10:19 PM
Author: JokerWatts
If you go with a stone that is between an F-H, you should be very happy with the color. I like H color stones, because they give the best look at the best price...the more important issue is the clarity! If you are spending over $5,000 on a ring, then you want the clarity to be a Vs2 or better! It is the clarity that will make the stone pop and sparkle! Don't worry too much with the other details of depth of girdle, etc.

And for ****Some**** reason, for the fist time through all this, I considered the simple fact that maybe I should go with a H-VS2 instead of a F-SI2. I thought..."Well, maybe I really can't tell the difference in color, but we all know clarity differences are very important". So, I did a quick search from here for a H-VS2...

And here we are!!!
36.gif

You've all been so helpful through all this, but it took this one post, from JokerWatts to make me re-think my position for ****Some**** reason!!!

Life is GOOD!!!
30.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The longer one!!!! It looks so much better, not to mention larger.

And, you know, funny thing, but remember we all thought the numbers looked better on this one as well, so both the stats and the visuals match!

groupwave.gif

Banchacha.gif

Date: 12/3/2004 3:49
6.gif
8 PM
Both are $8000.00...

The Left one is the 1.7 F - SI2 ............The Right one is the 1.69 H - VS2

CEP2.JPG

(And WOW! Does the on the Right look LOTS bigger, or what??)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
how exciting! i am definitely in agreement w/ everyone else too- the longer one is definitely more sparkly and appealing. congrats on picking a beautiful stone!
36.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
the one on the right!!! go H VS2...it sure it a beautiful stone

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CEP, this is a no brainer ... like everyone else said, the one on the right !!!!!
Remember when I first posted I talked about shape appeal ... well now you have a good
example of what I mean.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!! Yes the SECOND ONE..the longer, thinner one hands down!! Wooof!! Thank goodness BN didn''t answer the darn phone!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 3:51
6.gif
3 PM
Author: reena
it''s the one! it''s the one! it''s the one!
36.gif

what''s wrong with me, i''m like, giddy here!
Nothing wrong with you Reena.. You are just an utterly sweet person who enjoys helping others! God Bless!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 6:57:42 PM
Author: KBerly
go H VS2...it sure it a beautiful stone

H VS2 is my sweet spot as well
emsmileo.gif
! Your fiancee-to-be is going to LOOOOVE it!!! Congrats! You deserve it.. you''ve been through so much trouble.. she''s a lucky woman to have you!

reena

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
this is so exciting that it already feels like xmas!!! it''s so cool how the pictures really did the trick--and that everyone seems to be in agreement.

CEP i am ROTLF about your post with the smileys doing the wave and the banana doing the clenched-fist hip thrust. lol!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thank God!

Congrats. That is a beautiful stone.

"It takes a village..."
2.gif

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
CEP, I tried to post before but must have done something wrong. I''ve followed this whole thread from the beginning and I thought I would like the fatter one best but NOT!!!!! The right one, the right one, the right one! Like Reena said, IT''S THE ONE!!!!!!!! I still think you should get her in the middle of a square somewhere and before you give her the ring shout out I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!
30.gif
9.gif
And the part about you giving her daughter a bracelet like hers is just too sweet. Sniff. Sniff, sniff, sniff. Dab, dab. Keep us posted PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 12/3/2004 10:46:43 PM
Author: day_lily_me
CEP, I tried to post before but must have done something wrong. I've followed this whole thread from the beginning and I thought I would like the fatter one best but NOT!!!!! The right one, the right one, the right one! Like Reena said, IT'S THE ONE!!!!!!!! I still think you should get her in the middle of a square somewhere and before you give her the ring shout out I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!
30.gif
9.gif
And the part about you giving her daughter a bracelet like hers is just too sweet. Sniff. Sniff, sniff, sniff. Dab, dab. Keep us posted PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks to all for all the sweet comments...And a big special THANK YOU to everyone who stuck with me through the ugly and stupid stuff until I finially got here!!

AS for the "I love this woman" thing...

Well...The plan is...

Her birthday is on Christmas Eve. And, I've always had a thing for Christmas Eve...At the strike of Midnight...For some reason. And, I've got a thing for snow and lights too. Basically....Being in a snowy and Christmasy area at the strike of midnight on Christmas Eve holds a special place in my heart.

So...

Hopefully I can get her out of the house and to a perfect area...Maybe somewhere downtown Fort Wayne, and it's snowing, and at about 11:59 and 45 seconds PM, I pop the question, on Christmas Eve, her birthday...But she answers on Christmas Day.

36.gif

And I imagine I'll run-around like an idiot, in downtown Fort Wayne, screaming just that...

"I LOVE THIS WOMAN AND SHE SAID YES!!!"

laughing-smiley-011.gif
laughing-smiley-011.gif
laughing-smiley-011.gif
laughing-smiley-011.gif

bouncylight.gif
bouncylight.gif
bouncylight.gif
bouncylight.gif

RockOn.gif
RockOn.gif
RockOn.gif
RockOn.gif

Oh...

And Susanne just left for home. We went to my Christmas party last night...And a couple of times, she asked: "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I just said: "Becasue you're so pretty".

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Oh...Here is something kind of cool...

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss' wife's ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn't give this whole diamond thing a second thought), and it's a PEAR!!!

And, if I'm not mistaken, it looks just a taaaaaaaaaaaad smaller than Susanne's.

22_yikes.gif

And while it's impossible to explain here, you'll get the basic idea...

My boss is about a Bazillionaire....Or at least he likes to think he is....Or likes to make others think he is....A LOT!!!

We'll see how this goes over!!
roflx.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Gosh CEP, you have come so far with this whole thing! You should be very proud!!! It is amazing that you started all this so clueless (sorry) and now.......I would go to you for diamond expertise!!! Well I am so happy for you, I agree with everyone else , the one on the right IS THE ONE!! It is beautiful. I never paid much attention to pears but now.....wow they are very unique and georgeous. Susanne is going to be so thrilled! I can''t wait for xmas too but will almost be sad that this thread will most likely come to an end! I check it daily, it has been so exciting!!! Now I want a pear shape pink sapphire with trilliant diamond right hand ring!! Maybe next Xmas!!! Best of luck CEP.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 7:32:18 AM

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss'' wife''s ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn''t give this whole diamond thing a second thought)...
lol! well, welcome to the club CEP!
36.gif
everyone, i think we may have created a monster....
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 8:49:34 AM

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss'' wife''s ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn''t give this whole diamond thing a second thought)...
36.gif
2.gif
Let the Diamond Stalking BEGIN!!!
31.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 8:49:34 AM

36.gif
2.gif
LOL CEP! You''ve now have "the curse." I think that once you LOG ON to PS, you get it.......ever try to look at women''s rings while watching TV. It is VERY frustrating. They move their hands around and you can NEVER! get a good look! Tragic!

youngster

Shiny_Rock

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss'' wife''s ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn''t give this whole diamond thing a second thought), and it''s a PEAR!!!

And, if I''m not mistaken, it looks just a taaaaaaaaaaaad smaller than Susanne''s.
Oh, just wait until you get your stone mounted into a ring. It''s going to look even bigger! They always seem to, once mounted, IMO. Oh, and the whole scenario of snow and Christmas Eve and her birthday and downtown Fort Wayne just has me all teary-eyed this morning.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 11
6.gif
1:58 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds

LOL CEP! You''ve now have ''the curse.'' I think that once you LOG ON to PS, you get it.......ever try to look at women''s rings while watching TV. It is VERY frustrating. They move their hands around and you can NEVER! get a good look! Tragic!

Having TIVO is great for that! I am constantly pausing TV and rewinding to show sparklies. You can even watch their hand or whatever in slow motion. It drives hubby crazy, but he just doesn''t have a choice lol!
31.gif

christarose

Rough_Rock
Hi CEP, I''ve read this whole thread & just wanted to add my congratulations & best wishes! I went to school in Fort Wayne (Taylor U - the only Canadian on campus!) and it is a very sentimental place for me, because my sweetheart proposed to me there!
1.gif
It was May, when all the lilacs were blooming in Foster Park in the "Bridal Glen", but I know FW is gorgeous at Christmas as well - so your plan is just perfect! He also figured out the things I liked & planned a detailed proposal - and designed a ring with a pear centre stone!
1.gif

May God bless your marriage and family, and all the thought & love you''ve put into this!

Date: 12/4/2004 1
6.gif
5:55 PM
Author: christarose
Hi CEP, I''ve read this whole thread & just wanted to add my congratulations & best wishes! I went to school in Fort Wayne (Taylor U - the only Canadian on campus!) and it is a very sentimental place for me, because my sweetheart proposed to me there!
1.gif
It was May, when all the lilacs were blooming in Foster Park in the ''Bridal Glen'', but I know FW is gorgeous at Christmas as well - so your plan is just perfect! He also figured out the things I liked & planned a detailed proposal - and designed a ring with a pear centre stone!
1.gif

May God bless your marriage and family, and all the thought & love you''ve put into this!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!!
35.gif

Taylor University? That''s in little ol'' Upland, Indiana. Is there another one in Fort Wayne?

(And if you went to the Taylor Universtity in Upland, do you remember the town just 7 miles to the East on 26? That''s where I grew-up).

Got any tips for nice Christmas setting in Fort Wayne? Susanne lives there, I don''t.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 12:40:15 PM
Author: orbaya
Having TIVO is great for that! I am constantly pausing TV and rewinding to show sparklies. You can even watch their hand or whatever in slow motion. It drives hubby crazy, but he just doesn''t have a choice lol!
31.gif
yup. did it just last night while watching "american wedding". lol--quality film choice, right?

youngster

Shiny_Rock

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss'' wife''s ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn''t give this whole diamond thing a second thought), and it''s a PEAR!!!

And, if I''m not mistaken, it looks just a taaaaaaaaaaaad smaller than Susanne''s.

22_yikes.gif

And while it''s impossible to explain here, you''ll get the basic idea...

My boss is about a Bazillionaire....Or at least he likes to think he is....Or likes to make others think he is....A LOT!!!

We''ll see how this goes over!!
roflx.gif
Be careful CEP, after seeing Susanne''s ring, your boss may decide he''s paying you too much!!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results