shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopefully my last post/question. Rate these diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 12/4/2004 7:25:20 PM
Author: youngster
Date: 12/4/2004 7:32:18 AM

Author: Christmas Eve Proposer

Oh...Here is something kind of cool...

Last night at the Christmas party, for the first time, I noticed my boss'' wife''s ring (Of course it was for the first time, because until just a few short months ago, I didn''t give this whole diamond thing a second thought), and it''s a PEAR!!!

And, if I''m not mistaken, it looks just a taaaaaaaaaaaad smaller than Susanne''s.

22_yikes.gif

And while it''s impossible to explain here, you''ll get the basic idea...

My boss is about a Bazillionaire....Or at least he likes to think he is....Or likes to make others think he is....A LOT!!!

We''ll see how this goes over!!
roflx.gif
Be careful CEP, after seeing Susanne''s ring, your boss may decide he''s paying you too much!!
emwink.gif

Good thinking...

Being somewhat of an anal person...As if you couldn''t guess from this thread...
34.gif

I''ve got my five year review in February...My boss, hopefully, won''t even know about this, let alone see the ring, until I have a few things in order...

31.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen so many posts on a consumer''s topic. 6697 as I make this post.

At first I thought it must be this fellow''s charming personality, but then I caught a look at the blonde in the avatar...

You better marry that girl fast, C.E.P.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i just checked my email account and found another picture that CEP had sent me, so i thought i should post it here. (sorry CEP but that''s a secondary account so i rarely check it . . .)

CEPtake2.JPG

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 12:40:15 PM
Author: orbaya

Having TIVO is great for that! I am constantly pausing TV and rewinding to show sparklies. You can even watch their hand or whatever in slow motion. It drives hubby crazy, but he just doesn''t have a choice lol!
31.gif
Thanks Orbaya! I never thought of that!!! Ya my hubby doesn''t understand "my obsession either."

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 1:51
6.gif
0 PM
Author: reena

yup. did it just last night while watching ''american wedding''. lol--quality film choice, right?
LOL! I watched American Wedding the other day too!! I tried to take a look att the ring too! LOL!

christarose

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 1:48:30 PM

Date: 12/4/2004 1
6.gif
5:55 PM
Author: christarose
Hi CEP, I''ve read this whole thread & just wanted to add my congratulations & best wishes! I went to school in Fort Wayne (Taylor U - the only Canadian on campus!) and it is a very sentimental place for me, because my sweetheart proposed to me there!
1.gif
It was May, when all the lilacs were blooming in Foster Park in the ''Bridal Glen'', but I know FW is gorgeous at Christmas as well - so your plan is just perfect! He also figured out the things I liked & planned a detailed proposal - and designed a ring with a pear centre stone!
1.gif

May God bless your marriage and family, and all the thought & love you''ve put into this!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!!
35.gif

Taylor University? That''s in little ol'' Upland, Indiana. Is there another one in Fort Wayne?

(And if you went to the Taylor Universtity in Upland, do you remember the town just 7 miles to the East on 26? That''s where I grew-up).

Got any tips for nice Christmas setting in Fort Wayne? Susanne lives there, I don''t.
Hi CEP, yes the main Taylor campus is in Upland - I was accepted there but attended the Fort Wayne campus on Rudisill Blvd (and quite preferred being in a big city rather than a corn field, considering I didn''t have a car!)
2.gif

It''s been a few years since we''ve been in FW, but our favourite restaurant was Casa D''Angelos on Fairfield (sometimes, being students, we could only afford to get the house salad - but it''s the best salad I''ve ever had - still have cravings for it sometimes!) For a special occasion, I loved Cafe Johnell - it was in kind of a sketchy neighbourhood, but it was all burgundy velvet curved booths, some against the wall with little curtains you could draw, and wonderful food. After we were engaged, we went to Triangle Park, on the other end of town, which had a little pond, bridge, etc. to overlook during dinner. I don''t remember the food though... just that my ring sparkled like crazy in their lights!
1.gif

Hope this helps - have fun!

christarose

Rough_Rock
Hi again, I just realized you asked for settings, not restaurants - sorry!

I remember that downtown was beautifully decorated with tonnes of lights around the Lincoln Centre/Museum/Tower. And there''s a park with a fountain nearby as well - Freeman Park I think? Lastly, there''s a greenhouse/arboretum downtown - not sure if it was a butterfly conservatory or flowers. My favourite of course is Foster Park with its heart-shaped arch you walk through to get to the gazebo. Might be a bit chilly though!
1.gif

Yeah, I was looking for settings, and those sound like some nice ones!! I''ll probably be able to check them out when we take the kids out to look at Christmas lights.

35.gif

Closure??

Anyway...I thought I would post a reasonable faximile of Susanne''s ring again...

DM36500500_PS_175_zoom.jpg

DM36500500_prof.jpg

OK...I just sent Oscar an email staing I''ll take the H-VS2 (Winner by popular demand!) along withe the setting with the .42 Tillions.

30.gif
32.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The ring''s going to be stunning!

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
Yeah CEP!!!!! Keep us posted and keep in touch. We are all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for this proposal to happen. Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo happy for you!! The ring is going to be AMAZING
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following your story, CEP, and although I have not posted, I am sooo happy you ended up picking the trillion setting with your pear. It is going to be absolutely beautiful! You have gone through so much trouble to pick out the perfect ring for Susanne. I cant wait to see the final result and to hear your proposal story! I could cry I am so happy for you!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
OH YAY CEP!!!!
36.gif

You must be SOOOOOO excited! I certainly am, and it''s not my ring! She will absolutely love it
30.gif
!!! It must feel very good to have that decision made.

Make sure you post pictures of the actual ring when you get it!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 11:49:49 AM
OK...I just sent Oscar an email staing I''ll take the H-VS2 (Winner by popular demand!) along withe the setting with the .42 Tillions.

30.gif
32.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
30.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 12:49:50 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 12/6/2004 11:49:49 AM

30.gif
32.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
30.gif
CEP! Congrats on getting the ball rolling!!

You guys are all so nice! I can''t tell you how at ease that makes me concerning my purchase...I really can''t.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again...You''ve affected Susanne and me in a way that will literally last forever!!

4.gif

I''m on the road through the end of this week. Hopefully by early next week, I''ll have the ring...The day I get it, I''ll take the company camera home with me, take some awful pictures and post them right away! You all will see the ring before Susanne!!

35.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats, its gorgeous. I totally thought I would like the rounder one, but you picked the perfect and the setting is amazing. I love the snow and Christmas eve. I think the Freeman park with the fountain would be great. Make sure you have an accomplice who can take gorgeous pics, you will want to remember this.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yay CEP!

does anyone else think it''s hilarious/ironic that this seventeen page thread is entitled "Hopefully my last post/question"?

lollollollollol

Date: 12/6/2004 6:57:45 PM
Author: reena
yay CEP!

does anyone else think it''s hilarious/ironic that this seventeen page thread is entitled ''Hopefully my last post/question''?

lollollollollol

Well...I haven''t made any new posts and this is just a very LOOOOOOOOONG question.
35.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
well no new TOPICS--but a lot of new posts! anyway that''s OK CEP--not sure how i would adequately procrastinate on a daily basis were it not for you...

january might be a very long month.
7.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I have followed most of this topic from the beginning and by this point and by your other posts on other subjects you have really learned a lot. I''m glad that you finally decided to go with the pear shaped diamond. As you can see from my username, it''s my favorite too and now that you are close to presenting your beloved with her ring I wanted to share my story as to why the shape has such significance to me.

A couple of years before I met my DH of now 13 years, I had been engaged to a young dental student. We had dated for most of his 4 years in dental school. The relationship ended badly, I found he had been unfaithful for most of the time and when he finally broke it off he even took my engagement ring off of my bathroom counter before he''d informed me he was calling it off. I was devastated. It was a simple .30 carat round brilliant in a 4 prong setting but I cherished it because it was from him and I was crazy for him.

I was very gun-shy when my DH came along, but he was patient and persistant and even didn''t seem to mind my constant snooping in his wallet and apartment for phone numbers and signs of infidelity. He knew what I''d been through and was insistant he had nothing to hide, snoop away he''d say! Needless to say I never found anything and even spoiled a couple of my presents when I found the receipts. I fell in love with him and gradually learned to trust again.

He''s not a chatty kind of guy, he rarely writes mushy sentimental notes and in his expressions of love to me cuts to the chase and says what''s on his mind. Not a terribly romantic kind of guy, but he says just enough for me to know what he feels. That''s why on the day of our wedding I was so touched to read the note he sent with a single blush rose on our wedding day. It said, "as I place your teardrop shaped diamond back on your finger and as you look at it and wear it every day for the rest of your life remember the promise I make to you now. It is this: I will never cause you to shed a tear because I have broken your heart or been unfaithful to you. You will wear your tears from me on your finger only." I still have that note folded up in my jewelry box.

He''s been true to his word. In 13 years there have been tears shed for many reasons but never once has it been from a broken heart. When we went looking to upgrade my diamond, how could I ever consider any other shape? For our anniversary on Nov. 23 my DH gave me a card with the original note xeroxed and with these words added: "still goes, except this time you can wear the tear around your neck too." We went the next day to the jeweler to pick out a setting for my pendant. It should be ready in time for Christmas Eve- your big night too. I''ll be thinking of you and wish you and your girl the best of luck!! Congratulations!

That''s a great story!!

I''m a "Forever, no broken hearts" kind of guy too. I''ve had my heart broken, and don''t want it to ever happen again, and my dad was not faithful to my mom...So, for me, it''s forever and ONLY Susanne.

As it should be...The right way.
35.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, pearcrazy. what a wonderful story! thank you for sharing that with us.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome Reena. Just when I think my DH is hopelessly unromantic- he redeems himself!! I picked out the pendant setting but he''s handling the details like accent stones (sapphire, ruby. emerald or diamond) and choosing the chain it goes on. I''ll have at least some surprise to see which he picked.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearcrazy, what a sweet story ... aren''t pears beautiful? so sophisticated and so unique.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Pearcrazy, that is a really touching story. I hope you will post pics of your pear pendant (try saying that fast) when its done. Along with Susanne and CEP''s ring, a plethora of pears awaits pricescope posters. (I obviously had waaaay too much diet coke this afternoon.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results