shape
carat
color
clarity

help with choosing setting for L color oval diamond

Bellabm35

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I just wanted some opinion on what kind of setting for my L color oval diamond. I would love to put it in a halo but I am not too sure.

Please post pictures of you have any examples.

Thank you

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You may use an Halo if the side diamonds are L also.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You can halo an L stone. But of it is a stock setting, your halo stones may be a higher color. Do you want a diamond halo? If you give an idea of your budget and stone size, folks can probably help. A halo with stones that will blend in with an L stone may need to be a custom order, but even Stuller can modify designs. I think you can definitely find one.

Is your stone a high or low L? There can be a lot of variance - I have an antique pear that is an L, but next to my K stones it really has no difference.

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you want to play up the tint or tone it down (make the L appear more white)? That could influence it. Any halo stones (even lower) will likely appear whiter and brighter than your oval.

Bellabm35

Rough_Rock
You can halo an L stone. But of it is a stock setting, your halo stones may be a higher color. Do you want a diamond halo? If you give an idea of your budget and stone size, folks can probably help. A halo with stones that will blend in with an L stone may need to be a custom order, but even Stuller can modify designs. I think you can definitely find one.

Is your stone a high or low L? There can be a lot of variance - I have an antique pear that is an L, but next to my K stones it really has no difference.

Hi
Thank you for your help, I have 2 certificates HRD K color and GIA L but I think it's a lower L looks more golden than yellow. I am just afraid that L melee may be too yellow?

Bellabm35

Rough_Rock
Do you want to play up the tint or tone it down (make the L appear more white)? That could influence it. Any halo stones (even lower) will likely appear whiter and brighter than your oval.

It is white in most lighting, it appears a little darker outside and in my kitchen recess lighting is looks very golden yellow.

So you think no for a halo?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just wanted some opinion on what kind of setting for my L color oval diamond. I would love to put it in a halo but I am not too sure.

Please post pictures of you have any examples.

Thank you

Crazy idea but how about colored gem halo? Here's a couple of threads to get you started re photos of such examples.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-with-gemstone-halo.125055/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-gemstone-halo-for-heirloom-rb-diamond.90957/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi
Thank you for your help, I have 2 certificates HRD K color and GIA L but I think it's a lower L looks more golden than yellow. I am just afraid that L melee may be too yellow?
Did you see the thread on the Q VVS2 I posted?

You could bring out the difference like that.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is an L! She’s an OEC though, so my tolerance for colour is increased. I put her into a rose gold halo with platinum prongs :)

I attached the vendor pics and when she looks most tinted to me. The stone rarelh looks this yellow to my eyes- it’s only in certain lighting that it shows like this!

21154623-4349-4F98-8A93-F7197F2E94C0.jpeg
3242D274-F782-47C8-8DB2-F82B0FE5F69C.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the look of matched and I like the look of contrast when it comes to halos around K/L or even more tinted diamonds. It's all good! Just different flavour of good. So really it just comes down to your own subjective aesthetic preference.

If it was me, I might try to find I/J color melee so I could enjoy the fact that sometimes the color would look the same and sometimes it would look dramatically different. The dramatic affect of lighting on the appearance of the diamond is one of my favourite things about diamonds in this color range!

Bellabm35

Rough_Rock
Mine is an L! She’s an OEC though, so my tolerance for colour is increased. I put her into a rose gold halo with platinum prongs :)

I attached the vendor pics and when she looks most tinted to me. The stone rarelh looks this yellow to my eyes- it’s only in certain lighting that it shows like this!

21154623-4349-4F98-8A93-F7197F2E94C0.jpeg
3242D274-F782-47C8-8DB2-F82B0FE5F69C.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures

Bellabm35

Rough_Rock
I like the look of matched and I like the look of contrast when it comes to halos around K/L or even more tinted diamonds. It's all good! Just different flavour of good. So really it just comes down to your own subjective aesthetic preference.

If it was me, I might try to find I/J color melee so I could enjoy the fact that sometimes the color would look the same and sometimes it would look dramatically different. The dramatic affect of lighting on the appearance of the diamond is one of my favourite things about diamonds in this color range!

I think that is what I am leaning towards in rosegold.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put an M in white gold solitaire. looks fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results