shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Show me your "K" colored diamonds!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by dreamer_dachsie, Apr 14, 2009.

1. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Apr 14, 2009
    I'd love to see pictures if you have them! I know there's a few of you out there... L and M colored stones welcome too! [​IMG] I'm mostly interested in RBs, but I won't discriminate.

How do you feel about the warmth? What type of metal is your diamond set into? Why did you choose a K (or L or M)?

I'm just, you know, curious for no reason what-so-ever. [​IMG]

2. DiamondFlame
    Brilliant_Rock

by DiamondFlame » Apr 14, 2009
    The K color suits the antique style I wanted. Doesn't it look like a 200 year old ring? [​IMG]

Here's the Daussi 0.42ct K/SI2 cushion in micropaved platinum setting in a rather diffused light:

DF-2A.JPG

3. Burk
    Ideal_Rock

by Burk » Apr 14, 2009
    My e-ring stone is a K-L. It''s set in white gold (repo vintage setting). My stone is an OEC and I just like them best in the K-N range. And, it didn''t hurt that we could save some money to get the size we wanted. I''ve posted these pics on here before, but here''s a couple of my ring.

burkringpic1.jpg

4. Burk
    Ideal_Rock

by Burk » Apr 14, 2009

burkeringpic2.jpg

5. Burk
    Ideal_Rock

by Burk » Apr 14, 2009
    Oh, and DD, what are you up to?!? Is this a push present?

6. dannyandterry
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dannyandterry » Apr 14, 2009
    Here is mine, its set in 14k yg. and it faces up white...enough.. 1.21 carat ACA SI1. I chose it more for size, and I can get away with K in yellow gold. but i really do like stone colors in the J-K, there are some lighting that is a bit noticeable, but the sparkle factor trumped everything else, cut made all the difference. I probably wouldn''t have gone lower than I if it were not for the cut.

kcoloreringterry09.JPG

7. dannyandterry
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dannyandterry » Apr 14, 2009
    Burk- That is a gorgeous ring! btw.... love your AVATAR... what a Q T!

8. bee*
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by bee* » Apr 14, 2009
    Love your ring Burk. It''s fab!

9. Burk
    Ideal_Rock

by Burk » Apr 14, 2009
    dannyandterry~Thanks! Your little ones are cuties too!

bee~Thank you!

10. Kelli
    Ideal_Rock

by Kelli » Apr 14, 2009
    Here is my M color pendant, and here''s a thread with LOTS of pictures. I got the M color because I''d been curious for a while about the lower colors in a really great cut. Also, I wanted a half carat stone on a really low budget that still had tons of sparkle. It''s set in unplated white gold, which I think works perfectly for the stone. You can see warmth in it, but it still looks white to me most of the time. When you do se the warmth, I think "antique white" is a good way to desribe what I see. I love it!
    https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/pics-of-my-finished-pendant-and-h-m-color-comparison-t112052.html

hand2ab.JPG

11. Maisiebelle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Maisiebelle » Apr 14, 2009
    I absolutely love Arjunajane''s beautiful K!! I hope its ok to post it. Link

ajgorgeousk.jpg

12. robbie3982
    Ideal_Rock

by robbie3982 » Apr 14, 2009
    I''ve got a k! It was between 2 stones for me, a .93 K and a .764 H. They were the same price. Pretty much everyone told me to go for the H when I posted stats, but the K just really spoke to me. I really love the warmth. Mine''s set in 14k white gold. I haven''t had the gold plated since right before our wedding, so it has a warmer hue to it than it did when I first got it. I knew what our budget was on the ring and hadn''t really thought much about lower colored stones until I saw my K in person. We''d been looking more in the 3/4 ct range until I found this one. Almost 3 years later and I''m still really happy with the choice that I made.

13. robbie3982
    Ideal_Rock

by robbie3982 » Apr 14, 2009
    Hmmm, it looks like my photo didn''t work. Here''s my engagement thread with some pics on it though: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ladies-in-waiting/i-m-engaged-t49669.html

Dreamer, I want to know what project you''re doing research for! Spill!

14. Maisiebelle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Maisiebelle » Apr 14, 2009
    Here is my 1.5 M I1. I bought it because it is beautiful and a fantastic price! Its in yellow gold because I wanted to return to YG. The head is platinum though.

maisiemdiamondinfinity.jpg

15. Jenn5504
    Brilliant_Rock

16. lyra
    Ideal_Rock

by lyra » Apr 14, 2009
    I'm the worst photographer in the world. Maybe I'll try take some new pics this year. This is my 1.77 RB K VS1 in Beverly K (18K white gold) setting from Pearlman's. OMG totally forgot to answer your questions. The stone came as an estate buy, in a YG shank/platinum 6 prong setting which made the diamond look smaller and did nothing for the stone (prongs to prominent). Then I put it in a temporary 14WG solitaire setting which looked good but boring to me. I decided on the BK because I felt the warmth of the stone would be enhanced or look good in a vintage type setting. The cut is very good but not ideal. No idea how old the stone is, and it's uncerted. The BK setting sits very low, and I think this sometimes is not the best thing for the colour of the stone, although the side view where you can see warmth is completely obscured. The colour of the stone shows more in certain lighting situations, but most of the time it looks quite white.

lyrasbkk177.jpg

17. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

18. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

19. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Stephen''s (aka Queenmum) formerly-owned K asscher.

queenmumsascherold.jpg

20. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

21. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

It totally looks old! LOL! Except that the pave is probably much more precise, what with machines and all. [​IMG]

22. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Burk I didn''t know you have a KL... love the OECs, one day I would like to get one myself. It looks great in that setting!

23. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

24. kcoursolle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

25. icet
    Rough_Rock

by icet » Apr 14, 2009
    I [​IMG] K''s. I wasn''t looking for 1, I was actually looking for a J emerald but I ended up falling for a radiant K =)

The warmth doesn''t bother me. I only notice the warmth when I''m outside against my wedding band which has f-g colored stones then it kinda makes me look at it twice but then I shake it off coz I love the stone so much!

The setting is a temp setting in platinum, i''m still deciding what permanent setting to put it in but for now I''m enjoying the solitaire.

008icet.JPG

26. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Here is a thread about Ks that Sunkist started back in 2006... http://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/k-color-stones-in-platinum-wg-t43782.html

Here is something that Mara said in the linked thread that I think is very apropos: "From what I have seen, just like J's......K's have their charm too and as the next color on the chart, I don't see much difference between a well-cut J and a well-cut K. Maybe in larger stone sizes but even then some of the K's we see on here look 'white' AND their owners tend to agree. I think that over time K's will be just as acceptable as J's have become in the last 2-3 years on here...and we'll see more of them, esp if diamond prices continue to climb!"

The highlighted part is something that I think is totally true... here we are three years later and WF carries Ks as a matter of course. Not that long ago Js were frowned upon, but now they are everywhere...on PS! In real life people are still snooty patooty about Js. I have a J now and get comments from B&M people all the time about how I should set it is yellow gold if my diamond is "not as colourless as I would want" [​IMG] Nooooo, my diamond is as colourless as I would want! LOL!

Luckily, NO ONE I know in real life known bubkiss about diamonds and colour. All they see is BIG and SPARKLY. So that removes the social stigma against Js and Ks, which is one of the only reasons I can think of to avoid these colors. Color valuations are totally socially created, IMHO.

27. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

28. sunkist
    Ideal_Rock

by sunkist » Apr 14, 2009

Hey DD! What are you planning, girly??? [​IMG] Well it looks like you''ve seen plenty of pics of my stone! (thanks Kcoursolle for linking!) I can''t believe how many pics I posted in that thread [​IMG] I do love my K. I think the biggest reason that got me looking at Ks was price/size. It''s kind of what was available at the time. I would LOVE it if I could have my K set in a more antiquey type setting. It''s in a plain 6-prong solitaire now. Platinum too, which I like. Being a K, it can range to looking all different shades, just depending on the surrounding light. Sometimes I look at it and it''s blinding white. Other times I see the creamy tones.

Burk I love your antique-ish setting and the OMC!

29. arjunajane
    Ideal_Rock

by arjunajane » Apr 15, 2009
    Of course its ok !
    Thankyou for doing so Maisie [​IMG]

Love everyone''s yummy stones, and also looking at the older threads - fun!

30. whitby_2773
    Ideal_Rock

by whitby_2773 » Apr 15, 2009
    arjunajane -

i just love your ring. it''s truly beautiful.

also - isnt coatimundi''s new jim meyer ring a k? i cant recall for sure, but i think it might be and it''s gorgeous also and worth a post on this thread...