shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Gemstone Halo for Heirloom RB Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I originally posted this in the general jewelery file but I thought I might have better luck here. Sorry for the double posting.

I have a diamond solitaire pendant that my grandmother passed down to me. I absolutely adore it but I am not a big necklace girl. I would LOVE to mount the stone in a right hand ring but I want to make sure it doesn''t turn out to look like an engagement ring. I am not yet engaged (but will start doing the ring research soon!!) and I really don''t want someone to take a look at my RHR and my bare left hand and think that I was just desperate for some sparkle.

The stone is about .55 carats, SI1/SI2 round brilliant. (I''ve never had it officially graded. The appraiser just looked at it under the microscope while still in its mounting)

What I would LOVE is to get a halo ring with colored gemstones in the halo instead of diamonds. I am not too picky about what gemstones they are but my first thoughts are sapphires (blue or pink) or aquamarines (my birthstone). I am also up for rubies or garnets.

My jewelery research skills have been centered around engagement rings so far and I haven''t had much luck in this effort. I did find some promising rings on Fay Cullen but they were too big to accommodate my stone.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My ring size is 6 on my right hand but I figure most things can be sized.

Thanks in advance!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm, fun project!

Here is one of my favourites:

LS

Foo35.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! That is EXACTLY what I''m looking for. Where did you find that setting? Link?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:28:53 AM
Author: Clairitek
Thanks so much! That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Where did you find that setting? Link?

Here you go. (always happy to *enable*)
3.gif

It's in the "engagement rings" section, page 1.

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/

LS

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much LostSapphire! I wonder if they''ll sell me the setting without the diamond...

I am also open to any other ideas that the PS community might have for what I should do with this diamond.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
This is fun! From adwar.com. You''d have to have someone make it, but I know Whiteflash works with Adwar casts.

adward1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about something like this, but with the diamond and a gemstone? Definitely NOT engagement ringish. At least not to me. This one is from Stuller.

4754_W_5-2.jpg

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE this tacori -- it''s a little pricey but SO beautiful!!

2518RD65_mainsapphtacori.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock

This was from Fay Cullens website a while ago.
I've seen one similar but with emeralds in the halo here on pricescope but I can't seem to find it.

234x375.aspx

This one is a Wink Jones

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 425px">Date: 7/25/2008 3:23:02 PM
Author: Shay

This was from Fay Cullens website a while ago.
I''ve seen one similar but with emeralds in the halo here on pricescope but I can''t seem to find it.
This Fay Cullen style is one of my favourites! I LOVE the shoulder detailing on it.

That''s the one I was trying to find when I posted the Khordipour pic! Though I don''t hear a lot of positive feedback regarding Fay Cullen''s return policy...

Good luck finding exactly the right one.

LS

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love that halo around the cushion stone! Thanks for the additional research.

I met with a jeweler today (while doing ering research!!) and showed him my stone and let him know what I was looking for. He said he might be able to track some stuff down for me without breaking the bank. I am also considering a three stone ring with aquamarines (both my and my grandmother''s birthstone). I''ll make sure to post what I end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results