shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your K color diamonds! Also, opinions on blue fluorescence...

KayGee

Rough_Rock
My James Allen ring is supposed to ship 5/3/18. The center stones is a 0.59 ct, K color, IF clarity, with medium blue fluorescence, and it will be set in a rose gold vintage style setting. Let me know what you think about the diamond I picked.
I'd also like to hear about your experiences pertaining to blue fluorescence. I specifically picked a diamond that had medium blue fluorescence because I think it will be interesting to have a stone that doesn't look the same all the time.
Does a medium blue fluorescence cause a noticeable change in color when exposed to sunlight? Do you think that blue fluorescence helps to brighten/whiten a K color diamond? Do you like having a diamond w/ blue fluorescence?

Cassie_ann

Rough_Rock
The diamond looks good. Nice pick! I think it will look lovely especially with the rose gold setting. My ring only has faint fluorescence,but I’ve read that medium blue fluorescence should make it appear whiter in outdoors. My diamond looks more white (for a k color that is) outside, but really I’m so distracted by the sparkle and fire coming off the diamond in the sun that becomes the main focus and takes my mind off the bow tie :mrgreen2:.I think the beautiful aspect of k colored diamonds is that it changes with the lighting. I have a k oval and ovals are known to show its color more than other shapes, but I love watching it change colors throughout the day. Most of time it’s white, but sometimes a light champagne color while driving. Since rounds are better at concealing color yours will be whiter than mine. A few photos for reference.
9ECD30CA-92B7-4E62-B25F-007FCCCC3456.jpeg FC3C9A51-64E8-4F35-B572-1525C50891CD.jpeg D8D8A0EE-FC8F-44B2-A595-94E581E13909.jpeg

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_3593 OEC at Jose Tejas.jpg That ring is gorgeous! Here's my K OEC. She has negligible fluorescence. Dim lighting at a mexican restaurant, natural light coming in from large windows.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3593 OEC at Jose Tejas.jpg That ring is gorgeous! Here's my K OEC. She has negligible fluorescence. Dim lighting at a mexican restaurant, natural light coming in from large windows.
Ummmm omg how beautiful is she?!?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the stone you chose @KayGee and the setting is so divine! I can’t wait to see your photos when it’s all done. :love:

I love, love my K stone - and it also has med blue fluorescence. I was on the hunt specifically for a stone that had fluro and a higher crown. I find it does give the stone more personality without being overly blue. Here she is indoors and out in the late sun.

0180A9A8-AF15-428A-B2F6-062349DC7DEB.jpeg 42120916-3D30-49BA-9A2D-D95CADC32522.jpeg

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! She is an upgrade.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KayGee, that is a gorgeous stone! and one of my favorite vintage settings from JA! Congrats on a beautiful ring!

Sparkle Gal

Rough_Rock
Would love to know where you purchased the diamond band in the bottom photo.... looking for similar to match 2CT H VVS1 set in yellow gold 2.7 mm solitaire band

KayGee

Rough_Rock
thank you all for sharing :) I'll definitely post a picture once I get my ring

KayGee

Rough_Rock
all of your rings are gorgeous, by the way!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I’m seeing that K and med blue fluoro is clearly the combo of choice for the discerning diamond buyer! :lol-2: I want all of these rings/stones because they’re all crazy gorgeous

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are times when it looks more colored. My family room has yellow walls.

No Fluor.
B6CEC07D-C736-45BF-805A-7DF06B689A7E.jpeg

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I say this all the time but Blue fluorescence makes a stone so much prettier in my opinion.

KayGee

Rough_Rock
I have a K old European cut diamond with medium blue florescence. Faces up totally white.

soxfanpear.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

That's so pretty! I've never seen a diamond with that kind of cut before.

KayGee

Rough_Rock
A3D574D9-C912-4278-B298-D0C4E8148515.jpeg 012ABE81-174A-46C6-B594-84BB932C0E47.jpeg B105662F-BD56-4081-AD6B-D231F66EDD22.jpeg
GIA k OEC

Wow, your ring is gorgeous too. I would never have guess it was a K color. Do you notice the fluorescence when you're outside in the sun?

KayGee

Rough_Rock
Ok so I’m seeing that K and med blue fluoro is clearly the combo of choice for the discerning diamond buyer! :lol-2: I want all of these rings/stones because they’re all crazy gorgeous

I think so too! I also think they're so much more affordable. Before I posted this thread, I was looking at youtube videos of diamond fluorescence. There was one particular video (
) where the diamond was glowing a super vivid blue color, it was so pretty. It makes me want to get a diamond with strong or very strong fluorescence ;-)

KayGee

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of studs in K color to show you, but unfortunately not a ring:

372BA74A-1C37-40EB-ABCF-7AC8ED2FFA64.jpeg

The studs work just fine for this purpose :) thanks for sharing. I can even see the arrows, they look like excellent diamonds.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is gorgeous too. I would never have guess it was a K color. Do you notice the fluorescence when you're outside in the sun?
Hi @KayGee my diamond has no Fluor. Sorry. I used to have a medium blue MRB but no more.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so pretty! I've never seen a diamond with that kind of cut before.

Thank you! I suspect it's a "new" old cut because it is GIA inscribed and it has a faceted girdle. Whoever cut it should cut more because it's amazing.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so too! I also think they're so much more affordable. Before I posted this thread, I was looking at youtube videos of diamond fluorescence. There was one particular video (
) where the diamond was glowing a super vivid blue color, it was so pretty. It makes me want to get a diamond with strong or very strong fluorescence ;-)
:love::lickout: That JA strong blue is gorgeous!
I was very sad that my OEC doesn’t have fluoro. I think it might be a requirement for any new stones going forward tho - the stronger the better. I think fluoro is like a cool secret superpower.

CatLadyC

Rough_Rock
Not a great photo, by my diamond has strong blue fluoro seen here with a UV light. I think it’s pretty cool! Though don’t regularly stick my hand under any UV lamps. I don’t tend to get any blue colours like the JA video in regular sunlight, however :(
F507A286-9B9E-4A98-AD1C-70AE5548F157.jpeg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love fluorescence, I have very strong blue. I took this picture at my daughter's track meet today.

IMG_20180505_091049.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results