shape
carat
color
clarity

CB''s OMC pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s from Richard Landi. Good Old Gold sells that brand. It''s expensive, though...about $4000.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think it''s beyond gorgeous, and the way you want to set it is so elegant and just perfect. And you know what? I completely understand about the numbers. While I''m not putting "my" numbers on the top of must-haves, it would be such a great little extra.

Now I feel so invested in your decision! Whatever you decide, I think you have the patience and seem to actually have fun with the process and researching, so I''m sure you''ll end up with something great.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:58:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
What would you do to set this stone? I'd love to hear some ideas!
POKEY SPECIAL POKEY SPECIAL POKEY SPECIAL ... I'll have to find the thread but it's called something like Leon Mege + Tsavorite. It's an east west cushion shaped (green) stone with a delicate split crown pave setting by Leon Mege. STUNNING. SIMPLE. CLASSIC. Perfect with an east-west cushion stone. Daniel Kish only better!!!

ETA: Here is the
thread

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, cause I can''t resist another PIX of it!!
30.gif
30.gif

pokeyspecialpix.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 9:34:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It''s from Richard Landi. Good Old Gold sells that brand. It''s expensive, though...about $4000.
hmm... I want to keep it down under that and I''d really like WG - I think with the yellow in the diamond the yellow in the WG will go well :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Omigosh, I TOTALLY agree with Mrs. Salvo''s idea. If you don''t like the LM price, you could have a vendor here make a similar setting.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:34:15 PM
Author: lizz
Omigosh, I TOTALLY agree with Mrs. Salvo''s idea. If you don''t like the LM price, you could have a vendor here make a similar setting.

Oh I almost forgot about that BEAUTY. That''s my OTHER favorite!!! YUMMO!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

omcmoneyshot.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:44:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Oh I LOVE that ring, so pretty. Sigh......
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:29:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I vote for a setting like tiger''s LEon

original thread

IMGP1341e.JPG

1348e.JPG

IMG_0005e.JPG

IMGP1342e.JPG
That ratio looks pretty close to mine! Wow! A 3 carat OMC with strong flour... in my price range! Amazing! Gorgeous! Took her six months to find it... think there is another one out there? LOL!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW

From your photos the culet looks medium and the facets look chunky and the stone looks rectangular. I love all of those things about your stone. I want a rectangular stone. The symetry and polish appeal to me too.

Isn''t the size GREAT? I have a size 5/5.5 finger so you can just send it my way if you don''t want it.

Now it does have a split personality with the princess like facets. Do you like this? I think that''s what''s holding you back. Please get what YOU want and don''t settle if it''s not what you want send it back.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 11:14:55 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW WOW WOW

From your photos the culet looks medium and the facets look chunky and the stone looks rectangular. I love all of those things about your stone. I want a rectangular stone. The symetry and polish appeal to me too.

Isn''t the size GREAT? I have a size 5/5.5 finger so you can just send it my way if you don''t want it.

Now it does have a split personality with the princess like facets. Do you like this? I think that''s what''s holding you back. Please get what YOU want and don''t settle if it''s not what you want send it back.
actually the princess type quality was a surprise BONUS to me - and one that I''d have to totally give up if I go with my original desire of 8 evenly spaced pavillion cuts. I like them. They''re very glittery and twinkley and have amazing fire all over the place... the length/width is perfect, truly perfect, squatter would be great but this is great too. The only thing that''s bugging me at this point is the bow tie and that''s why I first strayed from ovals in the first place lol But I also know that the bow tie is two sided coin... on the one hand when its reflecting something dark, it''s a big dark spot... but when its reflecting/refracting light it''s a huge rainbow! In some pics you can see the cross but I wish the cross was more pronounced... and probably can only get that with a more square stone... which would mean I lose the long stone look... see? I can''t have it all! darnit!! lol ;-)

Yes the size is great... it''s almost a centemeter long! short by .45mm lol

I guess I need to make a list of priorities...
I can''t have a cross AND a long stone... must choose...
I can''t have princess sparklies AND 8 even facets... must choose...
and I can always have the culet cut larger... bahahaha

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 6:07:45 PM
Here's a pic from this morning... I thought it was the most accurate on what the stone looks like... it's a bit blurry because it's so big but those little rainbows everywhere in side the ring? that's what it looks like... and when you tilt/turn it you get the huge lobs of rainbow.

And yes I did and do want a rectangular stone.
Wow, really WOW! I don't know if I could send it back if this is what you see (blurriness aside) when you look at it. It does seem like you will need to make some decisions about what is more important. Of course you can always save the combo of your 2 second choices for your next project...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay more pics because I can''t resist... I put a whole bunch into this montage to get them out of the way but if you look at each little pic they''re really pretty... and yes, those are some blacklight photos... though I don''t know what is flour and what is reflection... I eliminated the ones that seemed too bright... and they all seemed to be brighter once the pic was taken even though there was no flash... go figure!

cbOMC25.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
`

cbOMC26.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
-

cbOMC27.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
q

cbOMC28.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cbOMC29.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cbOMC30.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can see the four big facets off the culet in this... the stone looks deep here like looking through the table as a window :)
eta - well you can see three of the four! lol

cbOMC31.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cbOMC32.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cbOMC33.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one for now... by candlelight... it says "goodnight everyone" hehehe

cbOMC34.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
whooops, one more lol do you see all of those budding sparkles in there? they just want to explode from everywhere and even when they aren''t exploding they''re about to. The indoor stuff is more reflections of colors in the room but these sunshine ones just are *insane* - are all diamonds like this? I feel so naive!!

cbOMC35.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I was watching tv and watching the sparkley when I thought I'd try the candle thing again... last time it was during the day and now it's pitch black so I thought well if I don't do it now I have to wait a whole 24 hours! lol And all I can say is *wow*... this is simply the light of that same candle from before... one little flame and I took all of these pics in less than 3 minutes... it was so easy to catch them... am I a fool to question this stone? It has fire in every light... check these out... they're blurry as heck cause my camera or I or both suck, but you can still see the colors!!

cbOMC36.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
full size of my fav... this is what it looks most like in person... you can totally linger in the colors, especially if you're not trying to take pictures while doing it!!! lol

cbOMC37.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, those are some gorgeous shots....

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 6:18:00 AM
full size of my fav... this is what it looks most like in person... you can totally linger in the colors, especially if you're not trying to take pictures while doing it!!! lol
Hehe, now you see what I waste my day doing... LOL

Honestly, I think the question you should ask yourself is how you'd feel if you had to send the stone back or if you could never see it again. That's what I usually ask myself with things like this. The ones I could get over go bye-bye, but if I'd be really upset, I know I've found something that's right for me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 9:56:34 AM
Author: FacetFire

Date: 9/1/2006 6:18:00 AM
full size of my fav... this is what it looks most like in person... you can totally linger in the colors, especially if you''re not trying to take pictures while doing it!!! lol
Hehe, now you see what I waste my day doing... LOL

Honestly, I think the question you should ask yourself is how you''d feel if you had to send the stone back or if you could never see it again. That''s what I usually ask myself with things like this. The ones I could get over go bye-bye, but if I''d be really upset, I know I''ve found something that''s right for me.
I took some shots this am and it occurred to me... that the #1 reason I love this stone and the #1 reason I don''t are the SAME REASON! As a fashionable diamond I am going to have to learn to live with some bowtie effect - granted set e/w it won''t be as much, but there is definitely a gemini quality to this stone... it is split down the middle with personality A and B and then personality C down the center... A and B are twins LOL personality C is the one that vexes me... since I am a gemini we''ll call the middle one taurus because my husband is a taurus and he vexes me LOL As a fashionable diamond it is WEIRD to have a diamond that has "zones" that do absofreakinglutely different things. and it can be disturbing as such to enjoy it on a superficial level.
BUT
This stone is over 9.5mm long and those 4 facets down the middle... the two pavillion facets and the corresponding kite facets on the crown... are HUGE. I''m not exaggerating when I say that the pav facet is close to 3mm wide at its widest point... it is a HUGE facet, just huge... and as such it delivers rainbows that are huge. I wanted a ring that I could throw rainbows on the table with and this one does it... like a prism, you can see the whole rainbow at once. Maybe other stones do this... emerald cuts and asschers maybe? It''s really crazy that I was able to afford this stone... the stones people pull for me in my price range are around 2 carats. Which in a status sort of way doesn''t bother me, but I know they''re not going to have those big facets.

I know I haven''t seen pics like some of these but I really do want to know if you guys see this stuff with your eyes... I''m totally ignorant about this and this is the first nice larger diamond I''ve had in my posession and even though I''ll be able to take it comparison shopping next week, I can''t bring them home and have pitch black and candlelight... I have to rely in part on your experience... is this all typical? Can I just pass on this ring and expect another to do the same stuff in a different shape... I mean relatively the same stuff. This stone seems to do a little bit of everything but I''m not sure if I''m like excited about ordinary stuff or what! Help me people!!!! LOL (please?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results