shape
carat
color
clarity

CB''s OMC pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... all of my thoughts are going to come later, I''m still digesting a lot of this... so I''ll just post some pics and give some info and then maybe we can discuss some stuff... This stone is not an antique stone, it was cut and graded in April of this year. It has classic OMC facets but very modern lines... you''ll see in the pics.

This is a GIA cert "Old Mine Brilliant"

Carat weight: 2.71
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 66.1%
Table %: 53%
Crown: 20.04%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium to thick, faceted
Culet: Slightly large
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 9.53 x 7.58 x 5.01 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.26

Oh, and it''s *way* harder to get clear shots than I thought LOL!!! This first one is not the clearest really but it''s my favorite so it''s going first...

cbOMC1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
close up in the box

cbOMC2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
by candlelight

cbOMC3.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blurry pictures but I love that stone already! I drool over chunky facets!!! More pics more!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That first shot!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
finding things around the house :D

cbOMC4-2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
a plucked leaf off of a plant and a pair of orange scissors!! Isn''t that cool??

cbOMC5.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this one is fun... I focused on it and it literally focused on the trees outside - that''s a reflection of trees across the street as reflected on the table!!

cbOMC8.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, more pics more pics!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, are you liking it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these table reflection shots... these next two are the same picture but one is just the reflection up close... the stone is sitting on a penny and you can see it more clearly in the 3rd one I post here...

cbOMC9.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
closeup of reflection

cbOMC9-2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
clear shot

cbOMC10.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It is just stunning. One of the most beautiful fancy cuts I have ever seen. Enjoy it!!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
These shots were *so* easy to catch rainbows in I took a bunch and just made a collage...

cbOMC11.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock

Hi CB!

I am glad that you have been able to get a gander and test drive with a stone that fits most of your parameters.

First off being that it is modern cut, you have the luxury of having much nicer symmetry, and considering that I like symmetrical OMCs and Asschers I''d count that as a plus for this stone!

Now another thing that strikes me as a first impression is how elongated the stone is... have you noticed that there is a bow tie, I do not see one clearly but perhaps in a room with diffuse overhead lighting, when looking directly over the stone (making some head obscuration), you might be able to tease that out and see if it manifests and if that bothers you.

And continuing with the long stature of the stone, the edges are somewhat rounded and it seemingly is taking on more of an oval rather than cushion shaped stone, with the beautiful chunky OMC faceting pattern. This is more prominent in some pics and in others its pretty much a long pillowy cushion.

I must admit the dispersive fire that you''ve been able to capture is VERY beautiful. I guess at the end of the day, if you think that it feels right go for it. If you have doubts then I''d consider looking at a few others, afterall you''ve learned so much and waited so long, no reason to not get the PERFECT stone for you

9.gif

I can''t wait to hear what YOU think of it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANYWAYS....

CB your stone is stunning! Love it!

Wallermama and I visited Dianne''s Estate Jewelry last week and learned that although modern-day cutters do cut OECs and OMCs, it''s more of a rarity since they focus on modern cuts, obviously. But it''s really nice to know that modern-day cutters appreciate the old style and pop one out every once in awhile! Lucky you to be the recipient of such a beautiful stone.

Remind me again, who did you buy this stone from?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics CB!!!! I love this stone!!
30.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 6:06:42 PM
Author: Ellen
That first shot!
36.gif

My thoughts exactly! Looks like three stones! Yum!! But then I saw the collage and it looked like millions of stones! Woo Hoo! Just lovely!
emteeth.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, Cehra!!! What do you think????

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 6:59:32 PM
Author: Scott 00

Hi CB!

I am glad that you have been able to get a gander and test drive with a stone that fits most of your parameters.

First off being that it is modern cut, you have the luxury of having much nicer symmetry, and considering that I like symmetrical OMCs and Asschers I''d count that as a plus for this stone!

Now another thing that strikes me as a first impression is how elongated the stone is... have you noticed that there is a bow tie, I do not see one clearly but perhaps in a room with diffuse overhead lighting, when looking directly over the stone (making some head obscuration), you might be able to tease that out and see if it manifests and if that bothers you.

And continuing with the long stature of the stone, the edges are somewhat rounded and it seemingly is taking on more of an oval rather than cushion shaped stone, with the beautiful chunky OMC faceting pattern. This is more prominent in some pics and in others its pretty much a long pillowy cushion.

I must admit the dispersive fire that you''ve been able to capture is VERY beautiful. I guess at the end of the day, if you think that it feels right go for it. If you have doubts then I''d consider looking at a few others, afterall you''ve learned so much and waited so long, no reason to not get the PERFECT stone for you

9.gif

I can''t wait to hear what YOU think of it!

Hi Scott! Okay... wow... let''s see... now lots of things in my head and I don''t know where to start... I''ll start with the things that disappoint me because they are fewer and more obvious... I have to say when I first took it out of the box I went WOW! and took it immediately outside because I saw a ray of light (not much and it didn''t last :/) and had mixed feelings... there was some chunky fire but there was actually a lot of pinfire like in a princess cut, mostly in the four corners where the thin facets are. So in a way it was like having a bit of each - some major chunks of white, thunky scint, a few but also thousands of little tiny sparkles of color inside the stone... not floating on top like you see with rounds sometimes, but radiating from inside the stone... along the thinner facets... the facet pattern is truly like an OMC with four thicker facets alternating with four thinner ones... but I was kinda hoping for one that was more evenly spaced with 8 evenly thick facets around a rounder culet. And maybe this is a *tad* long but not really... funny you mention an oval because I''d originally wanted an oval... I came here to get a 2/3-3/4 carat oval LOL Now add 2 carats to that and make it a cushion!

This stone is truly beautiful... oh yeah the two things that disappointed me off the bat were that it was too *white* and the culet was too small. Yeah, I know - funny huh? This is a J and I know I wouldn''t be afraid of a K now... this could just be a little more ivory/antique looking and I''d be thrilled. Oh, and on the flour, I can''t see much but when I took it out for that very very brief ray of sun I swear I watched it go blue before my eyes... I went from low light indoors and had my eyes on it and at first the colors were a bit more straight but within about 15 seconds everything just kinda went a subtle ''whoosh'' into lots of purples and blues... the stone wasn''t blue but it''s light show was tilted... if that makes sense. One thing, the stone doesn''t look as long in person... I noticed that it looked pretty long in some pics as well but it isn''t that long... if it were an oval it''d be pretty squat. It doesn''t look square but I don''t want a square diamond... I''m planning on having it set E/W so longer is kinda nice for that... I''ve wanted and E/W set oval for 15 years... and I don''t want an oval any more... I like the shoulders on the cushions and the chunkier facets. I just found some sun so I''m gonna take more pix and finish this in a bit...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this stone is very elegant and sophisticated which are not words you''d typically find with OMC but BECAUSE it is different from what I wanted, in some ways I like it *more* it is more elegant. I''ll get some more shots...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s some I got really quick out in the sun... I don''t know how best to do this... but they turned out okay I guess... hard to see in the little view thing if it''s catching anything but it caught one almost every time!

cbOMC12.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
:)

cbOMC13.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
:D

cbOMC14.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cbOMC15.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really stunning, I love it. I adore the mix of antique and modern, I''ve never really seen a stone quite like this.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just think this is the prettiest shade of aqua... :)

cbOMC16.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 8:05:08 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It's really stunning, I love it. I adore the mix of antique and modern, I've never really seen a stone quite like this.
You know, it really is... it's undoubtedly a very classic old mine cut as far as the faceting goes... but the length is just fantastic and what's interesting about it is that when you look at the stats width wise (53% table, 66% depth, 20% crown) you have a more classic OMC... but when you look at the stats LENGTH wise... you have a very long table (dunno), a 53% depth and a 15% crown. Now, I know they say they take all measurements from the *width* but they didn't... the culet is definitely lengthwise... it's supposed to be .76mm and that's definitely the *length* because the width is *tiny* and I was looking forward to the *width* being .76mm!! You can barely see this culet and I dunno if that's bad... in some ways its good... I dunno, this stone has surpassed my expectations in ways I didn't even think of but it isn't what I had in my head either... I wonder if this would would actually be better for a never-gonna-upgrade stone *because* it is so freaking elegant and not funky at all... I was kinda going for funky though LOL

Here's a picture of the table... maybe that's still 53% but it's so long! The stone doesn't seem long but the table does! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
table

cbOMC17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results