shape
carat
color
clarity

CB''s OMC pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... one more for now.... when my husband got home it was sunny so I went out with him and this shot just was cool to me...

this picture is of my car and what you see is the reflection of my husband holding the ring and look at those rainbows!!!!

cbOMC19.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
the rainbows are ON the car! yahoooo!!!! People told me it couldn''t be done!!

cbOMC18.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow Cehra, that looks like one gorgeous stone...love the rainbows too
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 6:59:32 PM
Author: Scott 00

Hi CB!
I am glad that you have been able to get a gander and test drive with a stone that fits most of your parameters.
Yeah, it''ll be hard to find a stone that beats this! omg you should see what it does in the light! it''s insane!!!!!

First off being that it is modern cut, you have the luxury of having much nicer symmetry, and considering that I like symmetrical OMCs and Asschers I''d count that as a plus for this stone!
Yes, not only is it VG sym (which is hard to find on omc) it is VG polish and finding BOTH on one stone is even harder! did you see that polish? it reflects the clouds in the sky! I can see blue and white and detail - it''s amazing! I don''t have a pic of that yet though lol

Now another thing that strikes me as a first impression is how elongated the stone is... have you noticed that there is a bow tie, I do not see one clearly but perhaps in a room with diffuse overhead lighting, when looking directly over the stone (making some head obscuration), you might be able to tease that out and see if it manifests and if that bothers you.
It took some teasing but I was able to get a bow tie... but but but the same facets that can look dark are also the ones with the biggest fire... and sure I wanted all 8 to be the same which would eliminate bow tie and still keep big facets, but I kinda like that this stone has that insane pinfire in it too... there isn''t a lot but all 4 corners have it... tons of it. and it doesn''t look awkward like there''s a line separating the two... you just have such a variety of stuff!

And continuing with the long stature of the stone, the edges are somewhat rounded and it seemingly is taking on more of an oval rather than cushion shaped stone, with the beautiful chunky OMC faceting pattern. This is more prominent in some pics and in others its pretty much a long pillowy cushion.
the ratio is 1.26:1 and I think ovals are 1.33-1.66:1 I think this seems longer for the ratio because of the squared corners... when you look at it you go from corner to corner and not just edge to edge... it seems longer than it is. but definitely it is long for an OMC. It''d be hard to find a better stone for me that I can afford, let me tell ya... I do have someone who might be able to do that though... we''ll see if he can do it! And I think this is probably the longest I''d want it but let me say that with a very clear understanding that I do not think this stone is too long. 1.20:1 might be perfection... but I don''t want a square stone.

I must admit the dispersive fire that you''ve been able to capture is VERY beautiful. I guess at the end of the day, if you think that it feels right go for it. If you have doubts then I''d consider looking at a few others, afterall you''ve learned so much and waited so long, no reason to not get the PERFECT stone for you
9.gif

dumb luck - this is the first I''ve ever photo''d a stone/ring and my camera doesn''t do macro well at all you''ve seen LOL But what my skills lack this stone makes up for, it''s hard to get a bad shot!! This isn''t the stone I had in my head but the only doubt I have *right now* is that someone would be able to find me one I liked more for the price I paid.

I can''t wait to hear what YOU think of it!

I love it, it''s gorgeous! It''s not funky at all and now I wonder if I really need a funky stone - maybe someday I can buy mt dew off of you for a RHR :D :D :D!!! Of course now I have to rethink my setting... it was a bit funky/unusual and this wants a tailored setting lol

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Cehra, sounds like you''ve fallen...are you going to keep it then?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 9:08:12 PM
Author: mrssalvo
So Cehra, sounds like you''ve fallen...are you going to keep it then?
I don''t know... I have someone who wants to find me a stone and I''d like to give them the opportunity but they have to know it''s not going to be easy to beat this!! I found this one on my own... I''ll share more details once all of the dust settles... this stone was calling to me and saying,"Buy me and give me a chance!" and I think it might also have been saying, "You don''t know what you want but you know you want me!" LMAO!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of your creative photos, and the stone is absolutely stunning! Congratulations!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra, I LOVE this stone. My vote is to keep it, but I know YOU have to be happy with it. I just think it''s absolutely gorgeous. Very beautiful OMC/cushion.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more.. I got one that is fairly clear close up but for some reason it''s very amber... my dining room has 85 year old pine walls and the light overhead was on... that must be why it''s this color... it''s the best so far of the facets though... they''re hard!

cbOMC20.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Everytime I see another picture of that baby, my previous concerns are dispelled! I think it is a great mixture of your old and new wants and is appears to be a beautiful stone. Any names come to mind yet?
2.gif

ps-

And just as a lil tidbit, MtDew has *just* been set in a custom ring for my mom (pictures coming this weekend
12.gif
Sadly my schooling comes first...

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cehra. I really thought you would keep researching a while and then buy, so I was surprised to see this.

It''s beautiful! Did I miss the thread about how you happened upon the stone and the whole process?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 12:12:45 AM
Author: emeraldlover
Hi Cehra. I really thought you would keep researching a while and then buy, so I was surprised to see this.

It''s beautiful! Did I miss the thread about how you happened upon the stone and the whole process?
Well, I''ve pretty much researched the heck out of things... I''m no expert but I''ve definitely narrowed down what I want!

There really isn''t much of a story to tell... I found a stone that looked killer on paper and I bought it to see for myself. It isn''t what I had pictured exactly and I was told the wrong thing about the facets - I specifically asked if they were all the same width and was told yes... but no matter, the stone is gorgeous and I''m tempted to switch gears... seriously... after scott mentioned the bow tie thing I started looking for it and I definitely can create it, but only in the upright position... (n/s) and since I want to mount it east west that''s not as much of an issue.. in fact when I put the stone in NS I really don''t like it as much but EW it just is so beautiful. We had very little sun today, very patchy and clouds and mostly just grey rain clouds, and from what I saw this ring really pops in the sunshine!!!

I am totally sold on the chunky cuts... BUT if someone found me an evenly spaced J/K VS2 with strong flour that was the same size as this for the same price as this, I''d GLADLY consider it. I just don''t know if even exists. Do you know how hard it is to find a newly cut old cut with VG/VG? LOL! Especially in over 2.5 carats!! The antique rings in that size all cost 2-3 times what I paid (set though)... and are not as clean cut.

This stone is gorgeous - I honestly don''t think I can turn it away without a good reason, but I''d love for someone to present that to me.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra......I absolutely love this stone. To me, you found what''s really cool about older cuts, with larger facets and broader fire and combined it with modern symmetry. Very very cool. My mom''s stone was her mother''s and is OEC and I love the fatter facets and broader fire. I''ll likely inherit it as there are no girls in my family and my brother isn''t into diamonds at all.

I hope you keep this amazing stone, but only if it speaks to you. From the pics, it seems to have lot''s of good things to say!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 1:40:06 PM
Author: Rod
Cehra......I absolutely love this stone. To me, you found what''s really cool about older cuts, with larger facets and broader fire and combined it with modern symmetry. Very very cool. My mom''s stone was her mother''s and is OEC and I love the fatter facets and broader fire. I''ll likely inherit it as there are no girls in my family and my brother isn''t into diamonds at all.

I hope you keep this amazing stone, but only if it speaks to you. From the pics, it seems to have lot''s of good things to say!!
oh it does... I feel like I did when I was deciding to get married... I didn''t know if we should... not for lack of love but because we were so young... out of the blue one day it hit me and there was this golden path and we did it and I''ve no regrets... but I don''t feel that certainty for this stone... yet... maybe ever? What I feel is the excitement/confusion/anxiety of the part *before* the ephiphay LOL

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 1:52:06 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 8/31/2006 1:40:06 PM
Author: Rod

oh it does... I feel like I did when I was deciding to get married... I didn''t know if we should... not for lack of love but because we were so young... out of the blue one day it hit me and there was this golden path and we did it and I''ve no regrets... but I don''t feel that certainty for this stone... yet... maybe ever? What I feel is the excitement/confusion/anxiety of the part *before* the ephiphay LOL
LOL.....In getting to know you a little better, and I think you''re one of us!!
28.gif
We''re all a little perfection minded and we wonder if there''s something just around the corner perhaps just a tad better. I have second guessed my own diamond purchase to death. First their was euphoria. Then I needed to know all I could know. Then I realized, whoa, I bought a big tabled rock. Oh no, Mr. Bill, many don''t like large tables. Then I realized, who cares. My diamond is beautiful and for what I wanted, I did absolutely fantastic. My point? Don''t over analyze your purchase. And buy what makes your heart flutter and don''t give a rat''s A$$ about what anyone else thinks!!!
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is one of the most unusual stones I''ve ever seen! You are so right about the mix of old and new. To be honest, it''s beautiful, but it isn''t quite as antique looking as I''d want (but, then again, you know I''m a total antique nut). I guess it seems a little too symmetrical...haha. It looks like it''s sending out some great fire though, and I know that was important to you. I love the color, though, it does look antique white to me. I''d love to see more pics though, I guess I''m still trying to grasp the nature of the stone...

You did well finding that puppy on your own!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
My goodness. is that an OMC or an OMG?
2.gif
I love it.
30.gif
Just beautiful. Don''t second guess yourself out of this beauty hoping for something better to come along. I don''t know that there are any better. This one is just amazing.

shay

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic from this morning... I thought it was the most accurate on what the stone looks like... it''s a bit blurry because it''s so big but those little rainbows everywhere in side the ring? that''s what it looks like... and when you tilt/turn it you get the huge lobs of rainbow.

And yes I did and do want a rectangular stone.

cbOMC21.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though I might not keep it, it''s still an utterly gorgeous stone so I might as well enjoy it! And I do love it so I might keep it... anyway... here''s a pic of it on my daughter... the ring thing they gave me was not for a stone this size so it''s a bit small and my fingers are a bit big but you can see what it looks like on a size 5 finger :)

cbOMC22.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
and set e/w which was my plan

cbOMC23.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read on your other thread that you're having some doubts ... how long can you keep the stone?

I think it's a STUNNER and, from everything I've seen on here in the last year, I'd bet it will be a long, complicated road to find something even comperable, much less BETTER??

Yet ... if it doesn't call to you .. after a little more time ... if you don't cringe at the thought of someone else snatching it out of your hands ... then go w/that instinct & pass.

ETA: It was the last E/W pix that made up MY mind ... especially since that's the way you want to set it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 6:23:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
I read on your other thread that you''re having some doubts ... how long can you keep the stone?

I think it''s a STUNNER and, from everything I''ve seen on here in the last year, I''d bet it will be a long, complicated road to find something even comperable, much less BETTER??

Yet ... if it doesn''t call to you .. after a little more time ... if you don''t cringe at the thought of someone else snatching it out of your hands ... then go w/that instinct & pass.

ETA: It was the last E/W pix that made up MY mind ... especially since that''s the way you want to set it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
2.gif
you reallly think it''s that hard to find a good OMC? It really is beautiful... I took it out side for a look and it''s just alive with color inside of the stone, it''s amazing... it''s so easy to catch fire shots but this one was kinda neat because the rainbows are on the box LOL Right now I would cringe at someone else having it because while I don''t know if I''m going to commit to it I haven''t let go either. No, it isn''t what I was looking for, but in some ways it was *more* than I was looking for and that''s a reality check in itself... some of the things I want contradict one another and this marries many things in one stone without me even trying to marry them... just happened! I got a really good deal on it too $$ :D

cbOMC24.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, that diamond is sooooo gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

It must be saying, "Buy me, you fool!!"

E/W setting will be fabulous. Go for it!!!!
36.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that E/W setting would be awesome. And if you don''t want it, can you give us the seller''s details so one of us can buy it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:44:31 PM
Author: lizz
I agree that E/W setting would be awesome. And if you don''t want it, can you give us the seller''s details so one of us can buy it?
hehehe is that tough love? ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:44:31 PM
Author: lizz
I agree that E/W setting would be awesome.
I can''t think of how to set this... before I wanted it set in a girdle bezel of some sort, very tiny... and even though I''ve not been big on halos, this one could really have the shape accentuated with one... and yet I love the naked stone look... how on earth do you have a halo and a naked stone? ROFL!!! This stone is pretty big, don''t really need it to have a visual enlargement, but something to accentuate the shape might be nice...

What would you do to set this stone? I''d love to hear some ideas! What I''d thought of originally is just not the right style for this stone and that''s part of my confusion. It is beautiful and so unique... it would be like getting an oval and a cushion and an OMC in one. And bits of princess too in the corners LOL It''s definitely unusual! And so am I... so what would be an unusual setting for it? I am having it custom made. I''m doing a search right now on oval settings but so far all I see are halos and a couple bezels... gonna keep looking!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:39:03 PM
Author: isaku5
Cehra, that diamond is sooooo gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

It must be saying, ''Buy me, you fool!!''

E/W setting will be fabulous. Go for it!!!!
36.gif
Oh isabel, it was saying buy me you fool the first time I laid eyes on it online... I had absolutely nothing to go on other than a GIA cert. No pics, nothing. I feel like it was an arranged marriage!

Okay now you''re gonna think I''m weird but the numbers are like... the ratio is 1.26 and our anniversary is the 26th. the size is 2.71 and I was born in 70 and my dh in 72 and so I have always associated the year 71 as this us year of sorts... and the size 9x7... well we kissed the first time when he was 7 and I was 9 LOL!! i''m insane! LOL

So yes, it said buy me you fool, buy me now, don''t wait, I know this wasn''t the plan... but... and it is saying keep me keep me, but doesn''t every cute puppy in the window look cute enough to want to take home? How do you pick just one?

Okay now I can reallllllllly understand the obsession with diamonds... but if I was an upgrader I dunno that I''d upgrade in the same shape, i think I''d travel around and visit all of the shapes, even the ones I don''t think I like much, because maybe in just the right cut they''d sing to me! I never liked princesses but after seeing this stone I have, oh boy I can see the attraction! it''s like the static on an old TV screen except in 3D rainbow sparkles!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra, I''d put it in something gorgeous like this. It is beautiful but still lets the stone be the star.

rlandi1.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Cehra your stone is GORGEOUS!!! I really love, love, love it! The color in the pics is fantastic and I just love the facets. It really is soft and elegant looking. Congrats of having smashing stone!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 9:03:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Cehra, I''d put it in something gorgeous like this. It is beautiful but still lets the stone be the star.
that''s really pretty - where did you find that??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results