shape
carat
color
clarity

CB''s OMC pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 12:18:49 AM
Author: Scott 00
Sigh, a great stone with a very capable photographer make a beautiful but dangerous mix... I feel like I want another loose stone now
3.gif

But in all seriousness, I DEFINITELY know what fun you must be having taking all these pics of your ''free'' stone and just like a young child, full of so much potential! You envision melee, baguettes and metal in different configurations, and while it is deeply gratifying to have a worthy throne for that gem of yours, its a somewhat less free and fun but thankfully the tradeoff is having on your hand to be your personal amusement all day long hehehe. If i am smart I''ll get a nice Cz of an Asscher to ease my craving for one (that is next on the wish list)... though I''ll have to wait a few years
11.gif

Thanks for the pics and more are always appreciated!
oh ha! I missed this!!! LOL I guess you did see the moss people LOL
I am having fun with it, almost don''t want to set it LOL Except once it is set then I can take it and see what it does EVERYWHERE not to mention my pics will be much nicer with a ring instead of that pop can ring LOL

I''m already thinking okay... I need a NICE watch with some diamonds, I need a pendant, I need a white gold bracelet with just a spattering of diamonds (not dense like a tennis bracelet), I need a rhr with a huge garnet, nice and blood red, maybe a square cushion with a funky alternative top faceting hehehehe

Anyway I came here to post some pics so I''m gonna...

this one I call christmas flare - I swear up close all you see is red and green and yellow lol

cbOMC95.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked this picture... love those colors! pinks and greens...

cbOMC96.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one I love that I caught three tiny flares all of the same size but each a different color! lol too cute!!

it also shows its gemini nature - the left you can see all of the tiny virtual facets and millions of pinfire and on the right you can see practically nothing but chunks!!

cbOMC97.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
see all of those teensy teensy white dots and colored dots inside the stone? they aren''t inclusions - the rock is *clear* and they aren''t dust, the rock is *clean* - irl they look like tiny champagne bubbles bursting all over! They are *tiny* too and they don''t break the surface. I *think* radiants do this too but I haven''t had a radiant outside...

cbOMC98.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
blue skies shining at me... nothing but blue skies do I see...

cbOMC99.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just liked this one, two big flares, a couple little flares, and a halo of rainbows "lost" underneath on the ring box I wanted a rainbowmaker... I sure got one!!!!!!!!

cbOMC100.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted a similar one so I wasn''t going to post this, then I saw how you could see color reflected out through the girdle and I got a chuckle so had to post it lol

cbOMC102.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a BIG HEAD lol

cbOMC103.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Its funny, for the life of me, the daytime pics I''ve attempted never turn out well, maybe with this new camera I can get remotely close to your WONDERFUL pics, I see so much fire... in my case while there is plenty of fire to go around, as soon as I get close enough to capture the facet structure, I obscure too much light or I am too close to allow the dispersed light to "spread" into the spectral divisions. Any day time tips would be deeply appreciated! Oh and while I am on the subject, did you get an ideal scope? Cause you KNOW I''d love to see that, since I so rarely get to see IS of cushions, and more rare for OMCs
4.gif

PS I did LOVE your moss people picture, and it made me chuckle again when I looked at it tonight heheh

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
more of those champagne sparkles caught in proper focus... meaning not too close so that they get dispersed into rainbows.

cbOMC104.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
... like these, more blurry, but more rainbowy LOL

cbOMC106.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one for now... love how you can see those inner facets on the pavillion pretty clearly even though they''re reflecting all sorts of colors :)

cbOMC105.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 10:03:20 PM
Author: Scott 00
Its funny, for the life of me, the daytime pics I''ve attempted never turn out well, maybe with this new camera I can get remotely close to your WONDERFUL pics, I see so much fire... in my case while there is plenty of fire to go around, as soon as I get close enough to capture the facet structure, I obscure too much light or I am too close to allow the dispersed light to ''spread'' into the spectral divisions. Any day time tips would be deeply appreciated! Oh and while I am on the subject, did you get an ideal scope? Cause you KNOW I''d love to see that, since I so rarely get to see IS of cushions, and more rare for OMCs
4.gif

PS I did LOVE your moss people picture, and it made me chuckle again when I looked at it tonight heheh
I love that moss people photo LOL I think I''ll make it a desktop :)

I have no tips on photography, I am truly a novice and it seems ONLY the micro on my camera works @@ I think the photos come fairly close to what I really see, but of course in person there''s the whole scint effect :)

No, I never got an IS or ASET, I''m too cheap I guess. I figure I didn''t need it to gauge the stone anyway plus the appraiser will do it for me I bet :) I''m curious to see how bad it is, I bet it''s truly awful. the stone is no dog though... wow :D

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 3 tiny flares picture, second one on this page.

You know those lost rainbows you see behind the stone? Leakage.
3.gif
And wow, that is some crown height.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
C, what about this setting for your stone that you just posted in another thread (set east to west)?

ksring13343.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2006 1:56:09 PM
Author: lizz
C, what about this setting for your stone that you just posted in another thread (set east to west)?
That's kinda what I was gonna do except 8 prongs in the corners... but I took my stone to over 10 stores and have tried like I dunno, over 50 settings and there is only one type that looks right with the *stone*. It wasn't my first choice but I keep going back to it because it goes so well with the stone. Every time I stick it on this type of setting I and everyone around goes "that's it!" because it just looks right. I can't fight it LOL

Really bad pic, but here's a shot of my stone on a contender... really really blurry.
this ring has 3 tapered baguettes e/w each side flanked by diamond melee probably 1/2 point or 1 point, I am not sure.

"my" ring will have the baguettes probably set the other way and be smaller and more square with 1 or 1.5 melee. This ring is 8mm wide at the top and I'm going to try to get mine to about 7 or so. We'll see...

ETA: my stone is on top of a 6 prong setting and it will be in some sort of basket head or custom prong head of some sort that is much lower than it is here... and I took this with my camera phone which is NOT very good lol sorry!!

Photo_092106_003.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
wooohoooo look at this! this is like exactly what I want and I'd overlooked it somehow!!! This is 3500 but in platinum (I really really want the look of white gold) and I don't know how wide it is but it looks about 6 or 7mm! This is by Katzo but I want to know what the side looks like, I mean the face or where you stick your finger through whatever its called... and I'd want where the diamonds end to be a little more finished/decorative, but this is basically it!!

cbmabring.jpg

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cehrabehra,

Did you ever go to Greenlake Jewelers? I was reading through your threads that you were going...but you didn''t? I''ve always kind of wondered about their shop, but never quite made it there...

Ltl

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 12:30:26 PM
Author: ltl
Hi Cehrabehra,

Did you ever go to Greenlake Jewelers? I was reading through your threads that you were going...but you didn''t? I''ve always kind of wondered about their shop, but never quite made it there...

Ltl
yes we drove up there yesterday - it''s a bit far ugh, 4 hours! but nice that it is doable.

The shop is gorgeous and they are a bit on the pricy side - particularly their stones. I thought I might get baguette melee from them but no way - I''ll source it elsewhere. The round melee is literally 2x more and of slightly lesser quality. Thankfully they''ll use melee you bring them and charge a setting fee for it but it''s still less than if you let them source the diamonds.

I''m truthfully not 100% sure yet... I am still looking at other options including just going down to shane co and being DONE lol

They have a kid play area and you can tell they take their work very seriously. There store is very much like their website. Clean, modern, diverse, creative... they create true masterpieces of heirloom quality. No detail too small.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results