shape
carat
color
clarity

"Pokey Special" Handshots - Better late than never

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pokey

Rough_Rock
Ok, so here are the long-awaited handshots of the ring I got my fiancee - now, apparently immortalized as the Pokey Special. I''ve been keeping an eye on the boards and I am very touched that people still like the ring -- particularly MINE''s daughter who is adorably acquisitive. If you like the ring, Leon was a joy to work with and I highly recommend calling him up and getting your very own. My office is four blocks from his and honestly I went there once to talk about it and once to pick it up - we talked about everything else over email, with him attaching images of other rings he''d done to illustrate what he was talking about. So even if you''re not in New York you should absolutely check him out.

For those of you who want the whole story, here''s the long-winded story of the proposal.

Hope you like the pictures,

Adam

Pokey

Rough_Rock

DSC01822.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock

DSC01824.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock

DSC01825.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock
blurry, but shows the basket

DSC01833.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock
#5? I lost count.

DSC01802.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock

DSC01803.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I have always loved that ring- what a gorgeous stone! And look how it glows on her hand- fantastic.

Pokey

Rough_Rock
#7 - her friends sent us marriage-themed sugar cookies.

DSC01805.jpg

Pokey

Rough_Rock
#8. That''s it, enjoy!

DSC01823.jpg

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the hand shots. Yours is one of my all time favorites! So beautiful. What plans do you have for the wedding band, since it''s a split shank? I''m not engaged yet and I love the slit shank look.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good lord that ring is just gorgeous...the green stone next to all the white pave...it''s just stunning....

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Its gorgeous. This is the inspiration for my RHR someday!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What a great start to the week!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I VERY nearly added "The Pokey Special" to this weekend''s "What would I get with unlimited fund(g)s" thread! It''s right up there for me with everyone elses 10 carat wishes and pink diamond dreams.

CONGRATS again on your engagement & your amazing taste! AND for coming back & feeding these bling wolves the hand pix they need for survival! (me included!)

Pokey

Rough_Rock
We took a rolls-ya-dice-ya-takes-ya-chances approach with that. She loved the split shank and she knew that it was mututally exclusive with a flush wedding band. So I told Leon to do the best he could without sacrificing aesthetics, but she had told me that she was willing to make that trade. I read a lot of posts about it on PS beforehand and it really seems like something you have to settle with your own god. I know a lot of people loved the split shank but aren''t willing to give up a flush band. We''re just going to get a band that''s identical to one of the shanks - a thin band of micropave - and while we know it won''t be flush, she seems to love the e-ring enough that hopefully she''ll be happy with her decision.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, this is one of my favorite rings on this site. Thanks for the hand shots! It''s so beautiful!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It looks great!!!!
30.gif

Pokey

Rough_Rock
Well, if it isn''t Decodelighted, the charter member of the Pokey Special Street Team. I have never had anyone this enthusiastic about something I''ve come up with since I brought home the first prize macaroni-and-glitter drawing in third grade. I''m so glad you like the ring - coming from someone with taste like yours, that means a lot. Keep up the good work - if they can get "podcast" and "beatbox" into the Oxford English Dictionary, surely we can get Pokey Special onto the Tiffany & Co. website.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH How I love this e-ring. Yes, it just glows. Looks sooooooooooo beautiful on her hand. GREAT job Pokey and again Congratulations.

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Such a beauty--thanks for the recent pics!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is simply breathtaking so we really appreciate those hand shots!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! This has to be one of my all time fav rings. Just gorgeous and you took awesome pics for us, many thanks!!!
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 12:50:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congrats!!! This has to be one of my all time fav rings. Just gorgeous and you took awesome pics for us, many thanks!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Me too, Pokey....I just can''t get over looking at it. It is truly something very special!
30.gif

widget

velveteenrabbit

Rough_Rock
Pokey, the e-ring you had designed is just breathtaking. It''s really one of the most beautiful rings I''ve ever seen. And your fiance has lovely hands. It''s just perfect.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just perfection!!

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Oooh I love the "cookie" / hand shot...so joyous...
36.gif

Congrat''s and the ring is sooo unique...
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh I just read your proposal - your a cheeky devil "golf"...
27.gif
21.gif
27.gif
21.gif

Ahhh NY!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I had to catch my breath after looking at all the pics. Just divine!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so glad you finally posted some handshots!
3.gif

this is still one of my favorite rings on ps!
30.gif

kucinta

Rough_Rock
Pokey, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ring!!
9.gif
And the color of the tsavorite is so rich on your FI''s hand... and what a great proposal! Congrats!

BF and I are considering Leon as well, and your ring cemented my decision to make an appointment with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results