shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
If you order from tianyu put your spec UNDER what you actually want

Then they will be right on as I just received mine and it was a bit over only by .1mm on each dimension of the band but I was matching it with another and you can tell the difference

I'm going to do a 5 stone with them if stargems isn't cheaper as I want to try them out I also heard stargems is better with cads being more exact

So well c I guess

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
So I ordered yesterday my 5 stone in white gold from starsgem after trying some on at the mall and they looked great

The price is much better and I ALREADY got my CAD

which I'll post in a minute I'll let me know what you ladies think ? :wavey:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Misscaliente08

Rough_Rock
Hi I don’t know much about diamonds/moissanites bec I’m a colored stone girl but I’ve been obsessed with OEC/vintage cut cushions. Is Stargems still the best for ACC moissanites? I’ve read this entire thread and some people mentioned different facets for ACC. What should I ask for when requesting an ACC facets wise? I was thinking about G color bec I don’t want it too white and more like a natural looking diamond. Sorry for all the questions. I want to take the plunge before things get crazy politically. Does Tianyu have a website?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
8A2B6A0A-CAB4-4DA5-BF29-1778788252AA.jpeg This is a post from the WB thread:

This post isn’t specifically about Chinese moissanites. But it’s very relevant to those of us who like to buy affordable jewelry from overseas. Prez trump wants to pull the US out of UPU (universal postal union), an organization created in 1874 for the purpose of ensuring packages can be sent anywhere in the world at predetermined prices. The expected outcome is that the cost of shipping to the US from China is going to increase by a lot. Obviously, the #1 beneficiary of this change are US retailers. And the #1 loser in this pull out are individual consumers who buy directly from overseas. If you’ve been on the fence about buying Tianyu or Starsgem, maybe now’s the time?

With this looming in the near future, I was on the fence about an OEC solitaire, & decided to pay the $50 deposit. It was actually 52.50, is it normal for them to add fees to the CAD deposit?

I asked for a custom cut OEC, like the one in angelwaye’s ring. Sophia said no problem. It’s going to be 7mm F color OEC in a 14 k rose gold with 6 prong white gold basket, very low cathedral sides, rounded comfort fit 2 mm band. They’re going to modify this design.

2 questions...is there a holiday going on in China right now ? Also, do you guys think if postage increases because the US pulls out of the UPU, will Tianyu have to honor the existing invoices we agreed to/ put deposits on? Should I pay for the balance? I don’t have a CAD yet.

In the beginning I didn't see any CAD charges on invoices including mine from Tianyu or SG. Now people are reporting this charge on the invoices so it is definitely something NEW they are charging for..:(2

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe they are learning as they go...i do think it's fair for them to charge for custom design but i'm sorry you got caught in their growing pains and that the items you received were subpar. i'm on the fence about giving this a go b/c of experiences like yours @Taurus2313

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
maybe they are learning as they go...i do think it's fair for them to charge for custom design but i'm sorry you got caught in their growing pains and that the items you received were subpar. i'm on the fence about giving this a go b/c of experiences like yours @Taurus2313

Thanks hun for your kind words.:kiss2: My case is strange that it happened to me with both companies but it was the luck of the draw I suppose. I hated to report what happened because I don't want to be a negative Nancy but felt that it was important to share my own personal experience with everyone in case there is someone out there that happens to have it happen to them in the future they will have something to go by and not feel alone. I agree with you totally that they (Tianyu and SG) were unprepared for the amount of volume of orders that they have been slammed with and things can go wrong but there are some things that could have been avoided if the honesty was there to begin with and in the case of my orders it wasn't. Sad but true.:(2 I didn't want that at all and would have been like everyone else and had them make more items for me in the future because I have gotten quotes from my local jeweler that would have been double what they would have charged but unfortunately trust was broken so I chalk it up to a learning lesson. That doesn't mean that it will happen to everyone else too. I think that it is just me-If it is weird or strange, it's going to happen to me, LOL..:mrgreen2: I might get brave one day and give them another chance-Who knows! Please don't let what happened to me derail you from giving them a chance..;)2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring came! It’s beautiful and so well made. I gasped when I opened the box. My husband remarked about how real it looked. And how pretty it was. It’s everything I said I wanted but....I’m not going to keep it since I can tell that I won’t wear it. It’s funny how you don’t really know until it’s on your hand. This will be perfect for someone but not for me. Here is terrible pic along with the Tiyanu ones.

I continue to be impressed with Tiyanu’s quality! This is a 7x8 G colored ACC in a 14kt yellow gold setting. Size 4. It’s really so beautiful. Soon to be on Loupe Troop. ;-)

938BE9FB-F923-4D6F-BF0F-C452E78C7B7C.jpeg 9F395BC9-C79E-41AC-8743-E4D6E72B6C8E.jpeg 071357B1-8A15-47D6-A20A-F39AA099A423.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
My ring came! It’s beautiful and so well made. I gasped when I opened the box. My husband remarked about how real it looked. And how pretty it was. It’s everything I said I wanted but....I’m not going to keep it since I can tell that I won’t wear it. It’s funny how you don’t really know until it’s on your hand. This will be perfect for someone but not for me. Here is terrible pic along with the Tiyanu ones.

I continue to be impressed with Tiyanu’s quality! This is a 7x8 G colored ACC in a 14kt yellow gold setting. Size 4. It’s really so beautiful. Soon to be on Loupe Troop. ;-)

938BE9FB-F923-4D6F-BF0F-C452E78C7B7C.jpeg 9F395BC9-C79E-41AC-8743-E4D6E72B6C8E.jpeg 071357B1-8A15-47D6-A20A-F39AA099A423.jpeg

Aww that's so sad:(2 @eapj because it looks so beautiful on your hand!!:kiss2: It looks like it was made just for you!! Why would you not keep it? Is the stone too big for you?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Taurus2313 - the stone is too big for me and the setting plays that up in my mind. i struggled with the size and decided why not go bigger but it's not working for me. It's funny - I think it's so classic and gorgeous and JUST what I wanted. But alas, not for me. What I wanted in my mind wasn't what I wanted in reality I guess. For months, I had romanticized having a beautiful cushion in yellow gold (my preferred metal) but once I saw it on me, I knew I wouldn't wear it. It's funny - I'm waiting on another Tiyanu ring from someone on this board that is platinum and I was so excited to have several to choose from in different metals but when you know, you know. BUT - my loss will be someone else's gain.

I do love Tiyanu and may try for a five stone!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taurus2313 - the stone is too big for me and the setting plays that up in my mind. i struggled with the size and decided why not go bigger but it's not working for me. It's funny - I think it's so classic and gorgeous and JUST what I wanted. But alas, not for me. What I wanted in my mind wasn't what I wanted in reality I guess. For months, I had romanticized having a beautiful cushion in yellow gold (my preferred metal) but once I saw it on me, I knew I wouldn't wear it. It's funny - I'm waiting on another Tiyanu ring from someone on this board that is platinum and I was so excited to have several to choose from in different metals but when you know, you know. BUT - my loss will be someone else's gain.

i have really loved things in photos or in my mind and they just don't look as good on or you realize you won't wear it because it's just not you or not your lifestyle....happens! i hope you enjoy the next one you have coming!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i have really loved things in photos or in my mind and they just don't look as good on or you realize you won't wear it because it's just not you or not your lifestyle....happens! i hope you enjoy the next one you have coming!

Thank you! I think the next one will be awesome - haven’t been dreaming of it forever but when I saw it I knew.

And I’m not disappointed at all - fun experience and worth it. Sometimes the mind just has a different perspective than our true reality. =)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I feel very confident she is gonna LOVE it. :twisted2::lol-2:

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock

I did the same but on a eBay moissinate for $175 canadian and realized it was so not me

So I just got a 2.5 round h&a GH in white gold and it's so me so you just have to find what ring is you !!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did the same but on a eBay moissinate for $175 canadian and realized it was so not me

So I just got a 2.5 round h&a GH in white gold and it's so me so you just have to find what ring is you !!

Glad it’s not just me! And glad you found what made your heart sing!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

It’s taken me 2 years to figure out what I want. It’s definitely not just you! And that’s why I’m doing WG. I love YG but I’m scared I won’t love it on me, or for my forever Ring.

Have you shared what else is on the way or is it a secret? :geek2:

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
Yes I feel like each person has a ring that suits them and what they like
Like I love the look of the halo rings it's just not my preference - although I think I would like a round stone with a thin halo and a microwave band ! It will be a project for the future !

Let us know what you end up deciding

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s taken me 2 years to figure out what I want. It’s definitely not just you! And that’s why I’m doing WG. I love YG but I’m scared I won’t love it on me, or for my forever Ring.

Have you shared what else is on the way or is it a secret? :geek2:

I may or may not be expecting a 7.5 mm Tiyanu moissanite Tiffany-inspired platinum solitaire to arrive on Thursday. And it may or may not have been designed by the wonderful @mrsgreeneyes ;-)

I’ve already figured out my work schedule on Friday so that I can drop it off for sizing :P2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s the sister to the one I received last week. The stone is set a little bit lower than I wanted, which I missed on the CAD. Emily offered to let me return and they would re-make it at no charge, but I felt it was my error and not theirs. So we tweaked the CAD and they re-made it for me, and then I listed the first one on LT. :kiss2:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s the sister to the one I received last week. The stone is set a little bit lower than I wanted, which I missed on the CAD. Emily offered to let me return and they would re-make it at no charge, but I felt it was my error and not theirs. So we tweaked the CAD and they re-made it for me, and then I listed the first one on LT. :kiss2:
I'm sorry that the first one wasn't perfect for @mrsgreeneyes but I prefer a lower set stone. I really look forward to seeing it in person.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

=)2I totally understand! Been there and done that for sure.:mrgreen2: You are right, someone will absolutely love it!;)2 I am still searching for "The One" but having fun in the meantime until that happens!:lol:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
After ordering my earrings I had a ton of doubts. Would they be dull? Too big? They arrived yesterday and I was blown away. The sparkle is difficult to capture in pictures but they are stunning in person. I cant stop staring.

As for size, apparently I have plenty of lobe estate for 6.5mm stones.

A million thanks to mrsgreeneyes for the design and explanation of the ordering process!!!
20181105_180752.jpg 20181105_181701.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After ordering my earrings I had a ton of doubts. Would they be dull? Too big? They arrived yesterday and I was blown away. The sparkle is difficult to capture in pictures but they are stunning in person. I cant stop staring.

A million thanks to mrsgreeneyes for the design and explanation of the ordering process!!!
Beautiful! Glad you love them, wear in good health! :kiss2:

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock

They look great !!!!:appl:

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
My rings are finished.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results